[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Best Waifu's >Best Pokemon (UB's alone literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: Lillie.jpg (1MB, 2347x2398px) Image search: [Google]
Lillie.jpg
1MB, 2347x2398px
>Best Waifu's
>Best Pokemon (UB's alone literally shit on everything in any other games dex)
>Best OST (easily)
>Best challenge
>Best story
>Best team(s)
>Best true villain
>Best atmosphere
>Best rebalancing/QoL improvements
>Best pacing

What went oh so fucking right?

>Mfw I'm going to post this every day
>Mfw I couldn't give the slightest fuck how much /vp/ disagrees with me

That was easily the most fun I've ever had in a pokemon game. I thoroughly enjoyed the ever living shit out of it, and I still have even more post-game to play and a fuck load of new team ideas thanks to the Tapu's and UB's in particular.

t. somebody who has played from all the way back when Pokemon first even became a thing.
I will gladly play through the game again, and I look forward to doing so when my legit copy comes.
>>
I completely agree.
>>
You just described gen 5, though.
>>
File: 1425346756785686786.png (82KB, 217x250px) Image search: [Google]
1425346756785686786.png
82KB, 217x250px
>>29929823
I didn't though. If I were describing gen 5 then it would have looked more like this
>Mediocre waifu's
>God awful pokemon (literally the worst in the series)
>Okay OST
>No challenge
>A story so bad it couldn't hold my interest in the slightest
>Awful team
>Cliche run of the mill villain
>No good rebalancing/QoL improvements to speak of
>Terrible pacing.
>Only liked on /vp/ by the underage people who grew up with it as their first pokemon game
>>
I like it a lot but RSE are always going to be numbah ooahn for me.

Cant wait for the mods though. Better clothes when?
>>
>>29930169
I just want a mod that allows me to wear Lillie's dress she uses in the beginning of the game.

It'll make me feel like a loli princess.
>>
>>29930105
Okay most of your post are opinions but this:
>No good rebalancing/QoL improvements to speak of
Is objectively untrue
>>
>>29929823
Gen 5 had mediocre waifus, some of the best Pokemon in the series, the best OST, a worse story, a great but not best team, a stupid true villain, and a great but not best atmosphere

I still think Gen 5 is probably better though, if only because the new game smell still hasn't worn off me for Gen 7 so I can't be objective
>>
>>29930314
What improvements am I forgetting that gen 5 brought to the table that were beneficial? The only thing it managed to do was ruin the meta thanks to those god awful genies.
>>
Can't we just agree that pokemon are awesome and everybody has his tastes?
>>
The best thing in this generation is Gale wings getting nerfed
Also OU pokemon like gengar
>>
>>29930437
At the VERY least, infinite TMs are the greatest thing for the meta
>>
>Best Waifu's
Wrong, see: Gen 5
Wrong, no Gen has the best Pokémon. Each contributes a balance of welcome additions.
>Best OST (easily)
No comment.
>Best challenge
Wrong, Platinum and Black/White are probably still on top, but S/M is thankfully harder than Gen 6.
>Best story
No comment.
>Best team(s)
They're high up, but not really explicitly the best. Again, step ups from the three teams we got in Gen 6.
>Best true villain
Wrong; Ghetsis and Cyrus exist.
>Best atmosphere
Wrong, HG/SS exists.
I'd say it's tied with Gen 4 for the split/Wi-Fi improvements, and Gen 6 for QoL. Credit where it's due.
>Best pacing
No comment.
>>
>>29930105
Your post is wrong with every single statement you made. I almost stopped reading at the first one, but I wanted to see how much worse you could get.
>>
>>29931184
>Wrong, see: Gen 5
All I'm seeing is dog shit.

>Wrong, no Gen has the best Pokémon. Each contributes a balance of welcome additions.
Wrong, gen 7 has the best pokemon for the reasons I've just stated.

>Wrong, Platinum and Black/White are probably still on top, but S/M is thankfully harder than Gen 6.
Black and white has never been hard. Platinum is probably harder but not by much.

>They're high up, but not really explicitly the best. Again, step ups from the three teams we got in Gen 6.
They're easily the best. It's not even close.

>Wrong; Ghetsis and Cyrus exist.
And both are pitiful villains in comparison to Lusamine.

>Wrong, HG/SS exists.
Wrong, Sun & Moon atmosphere blows it out of the water. Po Town alone single handedly shows this. The aether paradise raid also shows off how amazing the atmosphere is.

>I'd say it's tied with Gen 4 for the split/Wi-Fi improvements, and Gen 6 for QoL. Credit where it's due.
Finally, a valid point that I'll concede on.
>>
>>29931184
>Wrong; Ghetsis and Cyrus exist.
Excuse me, it was pretty predictable Ghetsis as the final villain, for Cyrus I can't say, gen 4 never piqued my interest, honestly is pretty bad
>>
>>29929290
You're right for most points but

>Best rebalancing
Let's make everything slow so that this gen gets trashed next year by the powercreeped mons we created earlier. Oh yeah, while you're at it, min-max the UBs to make them strictly better than anything else you can get in-game while still allowing them in competitive events. It's like the new mons are from a completely different meta. I'm not even against a slower meta, but the necessary changes to the rest of the mons so that your plan works out in the end.
This is the core of pokemon. When this gen is over, this is the legacy it will leave to the next generation. Do you know how many johto pokemon (the other shitmon generation) are viable?

>QoL improvements
While shiny hunting is easier and HMs are gone, the national pokedex is tedious to navigate (especially when you just want the location of a pokemon), EV training is a lot more tiring. No, chaining is way slower than just wiping 5 pokemon in one surf.

UBs also look like they were outsourced.
>muh other dimension
They're still going to end up in the pokedex. It's fucking with the artstyle. It's like those turbonerds in golden tuxedos or whatever in MMOs.
>>
>>29931306
>All I'm seeing is dog shit.
Two top tier player characters, two Elesa designs, Skyla, Roxie, Yancy, Juniper, and all of the NPC's including the fav-favorite Ace Trainer?

Come off it. Gen 7 has really simple, and dare I say it boring, designs. They're fresh and fancy in your mind now, but can you really see Chicken-Chan standing the test of time against Hilda/Rosa? Lana against Roxie? Lusamine against Elesa? Mallow against Skyla? Really, do you in your heart believe that Gen 7 has stronger designs that will remain popular once the hype dies down?

Because I sure don't.

>Wrong, gen 7 has the best pokemon for the reasons I've just stated.
This is your (dumb) opinion. Every single Gen introduces a variety of welcome additions whether you like it or not. You can say "but what about all the Gen 5 shitmons!", but you'd be ignoring that Gen 5 was the largest Dex, therefor simultaneously introducing the most good Pokémon too.
>>
>>29931699

2/2

>Black and white has never been hard. Platinum is probably harder but not by much.
Ghetsis is the hardest villain fight in the franchise (not including Game Cube spin-offs), and S/M shares the Gen 5 EXP Gain system + EXP "All" Share, so I fail to see how you can call S/M challenging, but not Gen 5. It's just hypocrisy. Either they're both challenging, or neither are.

>They're easily the best. It's not even close.
Neo-Plasma is up there too in terms of design, character, and their crimes, and they still have the best music. I'm not really fond of most of the villain teams though, even Rocket is overrated trash.

>And both are pitiful villains in comparison to Lusamine.
Opinion we will have to disagree on. Cyrus and Ghetsis (and even Lysandre) were both trying to build a world they saw as pure. Cyrus was an insane madman with too much power, and a cult following. Ghetsis on the other hand was manipulative and villainous unlike any other villain, a very nasty person who explicitly attempts murder in the games. Lysandre was a sort of middle ground between both of them which would have been cool if Team Flare wasn't so shit.

Giovanni's only interesting moment was that he was evidence of corruption in the Pokémon League. Archie was just a crazy retarded pirate with dumb motivations, and Maxie could barely even be considered a villain to the point where his crimes in OR felt out of character and forced IMO. Maybe that's just me though...

>Wrong, Sun & Moon atmosphere blows it out of the water. Po Town alone single handedly shows this. The aether paradise raid also shows off how amazing the atmosphere is.
I think you may just be overhyped since you've just beaten the games. Your opinion may simmer down with time. I still maintain that HG/SS have the strongest atmosphere through the games, a melancholic coming-of-age adventure in a beautiful autumn-Japan setting.
>>
Ultra Beasts are garbage. Literally just Pokemon designed to replace common OU mons that have shitty designs. It almost feels like they hate the competitive scene.
>>
>>29931699
>Two top tier player characters, two Elesa designs, Skyla, Roxie, Yancy, Juniper, and all of the NPC's including the fav-favorite Ace Trainer?

All shit besides Elesa's first design and Roxie.
The main characters are awful compared to chicken-chan.

I'll take Lillie, Lusamine, Golfer girl, ghost girl, Mallow, Lana, Sightseer, Ace trainer over those easily.

>This is your (dumb) opinion. Every single Gen introduces a variety of welcome additions whether you like it or not. You can say "but what about all the Gen 5 shitmons!", but you'd be ignoring that Gen 5 was the largest Dex, therefor simultaneously introducing the most good Pokémon too.
No, your dumb and clearly misinformed opinion is that every gen has an equally good dex. That isn't the case. Gen 5 doesn't get excused for having the majority of its dex be shit just because of the number of pokemon it added. It has a mere handful of good designs.
Gen 7 adds the UB's which single handedly put it above any other gen in terms of dex.
>>
>>29931709
>Ghetsis is the hardest villain fight in the franchise
Already wrong, your gen 5 bias is clearly visible and it's clouded your mind so much that you're making idiotic claims like this.
I swept Ghetsis entire team with my Mienshao.
I'm sorry that you're so bad that you couldn't deal with a poorly thrown together team, Ghetsis was a huge let down.

>and S/M shares the Gen 5 EXP Gain system + EXP "All" Share, so I fail to see how you can call S/M challenging
Te exp system is irrelevant. Totem pokemon and Lusamine easily push S&M ahead in terms of difficulty. Pokemon calling other pokemon in random battles also does that.

>Neo-Plasma is up there too in terms of design, character, and their crimes, and they still have the best music. I'm not really fond of most of the villain teams though, even Rocket is overrated trash.
Neo-Plasma was even more dumb than regular plasma. Their plans are childish and I don't know what the fuck you're thinking by calling their design good. Be it the minimalistic Aether look or the quirky Team skull look, both are far superior.
And the music? lmao, team skull theme has been hugely liked on here for good reason, and Aethers battle theme is excellently creepy as well.

>Opinion we will have to disagree on.
I appreciate the synopsis of the other villains, but I already know their plots and motives, you didn't mention Lusamine though so I can only assume you haven't actually played S&M yet...?
Which if that is true, I don't know why the fuck you're arguing about this in the first place.

>I think you may just be overhyped since you've just beaten the games.
My opinion rarely changes in time after playing the games.
I wasn't impressed with gen 5 as a whole and I'm still not these days.
Sun and Moon is easily the best pokemon games I've played. Period. They tick every box and I eagerly await a sequel, hopefully.
>>
File: Roxie (253) - No Regrets.png (106KB, 380x448px) Image search: [Google]
Roxie (253) - No Regrets.png
106KB, 380x448px
>>29931832
Despite your mostly shit taste you at least like Roxie, so we cool

I still don't think UB's are that great though...

>>29932000
>your gen 5 bias is clearly visible and it's clouded your mind so much that you're making idiotic claims like this.
>I swept Ghetsis entire team with my Mienshao.
>I'm sorry that you're so bad that you couldn't deal with a poorly thrown together team, Ghetsis was a huge let down.
You're being ridiculous, Ghetsis is commonly pointed too as one of the hardest fights in the franchise by the entire community, with his Hydreigon being a big threat. I can't be the only person you've ever seen say Ghetsis was a challenge. Most people always credited Ghetsis and Cynthia as the hardest battles, and Lusamine is now up there too I guess.

>Their plans are childish
Revenge and power is childish? They were the most grounded villain team since Rocket, dude.

>I don't know what the fuck you're thinking by calling their design good.
They're Ninja's with a slight pirate aesthetic to fit their home base. Pretty cool, whether you liked them or not.

>And the music? lmao
Yes, Neo-Plasma still has the best music. Catchy and menacing, improved from an already decent theme from regular Plasma.
>>
The only thing SM objectively has over previous games is the characters. The entire SM cast is more fleshed out and has more development than the cast in any previous games. Even beyond the main characters (Lillie, Gladion, Hau), Guzma and Plumeria are sympathetic, the Trial Captains and the Kahunas all have their own backstories and relationships with one another and the rest of the cast. The only character I didn't like was because he was basically intended to be hated by the player (Faba).
>>
>>29929290
>>Best OST (easily)
This has to be a joke. The OST was probably the worst out of all main Pokemon games.
>>
>>29933769
Eh, I'd say this game is behind gen 2 and 4 in terms of soundtrack, probably tied with 5.

2>4>7=5>1>6>3

Definitely not the worst.
>>
>>29932227
Yeah Faba is a cunt I'm glad we can BTFO him again and again
>>
>>29933923
>3
>worst soundtrack
Nigger what?
>>
>>29933923
No way Gen 3 is last in terms of soundtrack, it had some pretty amazing music.

>>29933956
There was hardly anything that left an impression on me and even the stuff that did wasn't even that good compared to music from the past games.
>>
>>29934042
there are a few good tracks but the french horns get old fast and compared to the other entries in the series it is underwhelming.
>>
>>29934042
The trumpets are very polarizing. If someone dislikes them, they could very well have 3 as their personal worst soundtrack.

I know because I am not that anon, but I agree 3 had the worst soundtrack.

>>29933923
I completely agree, although I may bump 5 up a bit.
>>
>>29929290
>Best Waifu's
XY
Hoenn
>Best OST (easily)
Unova
>Best challenge
XY
>Best story
Unova
>Best team(s)
Unova
>Best atmosphere
XY
Sinnoh
>Best pacing
Hoenn
>>
>>29934161
>Best pacing
>Hoenn
Nigga WHAT in the FUCK are you on about?

I was agreeing with your post until that.

Hoenn's pacing is basically non-existant. First half of the game has you running around environments of varying quality, being forced to stay too long in some towns, and flying through others. Then you're even teleported from Gym 4 to 5 (at least in OR/AS, I don't remember that happening in Sapphire)

Then the game comes to a grinding fucking halt for the latter third of the game, spent almost entirely at sea in 7 (S E V E N) back-to-back water routes.

And don't get me started on the Delta Episode.

In terms of pacing, I'd say;

2 > B2/W2 > 4 = 1 > B/W >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6 (First 2/3rds were godly, then they shit the bed) >>>>>>>>>>>>> 3
>>
>Best Waifu's
sinnoh
>Best Pokemon
kanto
>Best OST
johto
>Best challenge
sinnoh
>Best story
unova
>Best team(s)
alola
>Best atmosphere
alola
hoenn (natures, abilities too good to ignore + doubles came in here)
>Best pacing
unova
>>
>>29929290

>No gym leaders
>No cool unique themes like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLyisKtzpo
>Replaced with lame fetch quest shit that takes place in the wilderness, oh and the music is always the same in each trial
>literally taking away the soul from the pokemon games, what makes the series fun, the basic premise of beating trough gym leaders, going through the league, and becoming the champion
>now pokemon is a lame adventure game that runs at 10 fps

What went so fucking wrong? This is literally the sonic 06 of the series, there's no soul here, I don't feel excitement going from location to location, I know I'll just get more fetch quests in some shitty wilderness, no climatic battles, no stakes, just "go kill 3 ratattas for me, lol no you wont even get to battle me, I'm just here to waste your time".

This is the fucking blunder of the century. The only good thing is the overworld and no more chibi shit, solid base for pokemon switch, as long as they don't fucking ruin it again and go back to the tried and true gym leader formula. Otherwise, this feel like a zelda game with no dungeons, or a metroid game with no exploration and non linear paths (oh wait they did that, it's called other M and it was fucking shit).

Is sun moon the other M of the series?
>>
>>29934225
>Stop pretending you like both gen 5 and 6 as well, it's factually impossible to like both of them together.
>You either like one and hate the other or you like neither.
>Those are the only two options.

What about "Gen 6 was ok, but a vast downgrade to Gen 5 in every way"...? I don't have to hate Gen 6 to acknowledge the downgrades.
>>
>>29930105
I can't say I disagree with most of the points, but the waifus were at least above average.
>>
>Best Waifu's
I'm not a neet.
>Best Pokemon
Kalos
>Best OST
Kanto
>Best challenge
Alola
>Best story
Unova
>Best team(s)
Alola
>Best true villain
Unova
>Best atmosphere
Alola
Sinnoh
>Best pacing
Alola
>>
File: yay.png (523KB, 686x778px) Image search: [Google]
yay.png
523KB, 686x778px
>>29929290
I'm crying tears of agreement

thank you OP

but you forgot
>best thematic elements
>best feet
>>
>>29934475
>>Best Pokemon
>Kalos
Stopped there.
>>
>>29934576
>hating the only thing kalos did right
>>
File: 1434657568687.jpg (42KB, 293x285px) Image search: [Google]
1434657568687.jpg
42KB, 293x285px
>>29934340
>No gym leaders
Thank fuck. Kahuna's were much better and more challenging than gym leaders. Same goes for Totem pokemon.

>No cool unique themes like
That theme is terrible.
The music in Sun and Moon is actually good unlike that noise you posted.
>>
>>29934614

You can't cure shit taste.
>>
File: 1470275969911.png (7KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1470275969911.png
7KB, 224x225px
>>29934340
>This is literally the sonic 06 of the series
>>
>>29934635
Indeed, that's why I held back on scolding you too much, you can't help it if you have terrible taste in audio.
>>
>>29929290
>>Best Waifu's
agreed
>>Best Pokemon (UB's alone literally shit on everything in any other games dex)
Uh, gonna disagree there.
>>Best OST (easily)
It has a few really good ones, but everything for the most part sounds generic.
>>Best challenge
100% agreed, Gym leaders should have totem powers, made them seem weak in comparson.
>>Best story
It was well paced.
>>Best team(s)
Agreed.
>>Best true villain
Meh
>>Best atmosphere
Agreed, beats hoenn.
>>Best rebalancing/QoL improvements
By far
>>Best pacing
100% Agreed
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.