[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Diamond is by far the best Pokemon game ever made -comfy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: latest.jpg (172KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
172KB, 800x557px
Pokemon Diamond is by far the best Pokemon game ever made

-comfy region
-comfy pokemon
-comfy ost
-comfy gyms
-comfy lore

the list goes on and on, prove me wrong
>>
File: Best for durants.png (118KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
Best for durants.png
118KB, 250x224px
>>
>>29929285
i'm so scared, if they make the remakes in 3ds it will be so fucking bad. i already can see the future shit
>>
>>29929285
You got /vp/'s hate from now on. Congratz.
>>
Platinum has my favourite reginal dex.
Genwunners trash DP,but i don't care about them anyway,also sinnoh is my fav region.
>>
>>29929285
>comfy
way to prove it has no merits whatsoever and is a total shitheap. Congrats, I guess.
>>
>>29929310

So long as you keep the 3D off the game should at least play at a decent clip if S&M is any indication.
>>
>>29929285
fuck you and that mountain
>>
>>29929345
*grabs you by the HM*
hold on a second gotta save a lot of data.............
Where were we?
Oh right
*Defogs you in the balls*
I said BACK THE FUCK OFF?!?!?!?!?!?!!?
>>
>>29929399
the typical gen IV fan, ladies and gentlemen. They unironically do this shit.
>>
It's the reason all games now have to have an icy zone, a verdant zone and a magnetic zone forced into them.
>>
-completely forgettable region, I remember there being snow some places and that's literally it
-less Pokemon to choose from than the PS3 has games
-OST to a Pokemon game is never significantly noticeable
-there's that one guy that lives in a mountain and...? Can't even remember the rest
-gen4 was the start of Pokemon getting completely bogged down in absurd "lore". There was never any need for a "God" pokemon, or Pokemon that are the lords of space and time and can reset the fucking universe. Pokemon are meant to be mysterious magical beings that work alongside humans and occasionally there's a rare and powerful one, but nothing to the degree of literally bringing the apocalypse. If there were going to be Pokemon world lore it should have picked up on the Professors and Labs in each region and gone into the silly pseudoscience reasons that Pokemon exist, and the wars, and kept everything more grounded. Turning Pokemon into a mythic epic saga was a huge mistake.

In any case, Platinum improved everything.
>>
File: flower.png (147KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
flower.png
147KB, 500x500px
>>29929285
>-comfy pokemon

That's Alola, my man.
>>
>>29929310
I've already accepted that the remake will be mediocre, as long as they don't fuck up the OST I'll be content.
>>
File: sound-the-horns.png (952KB, 889x823px) Image search: [Google]
sound-the-horns.png
952KB, 889x823px
>>29929467
>-OST to a Pokemon game is never significantly noticeable
counterpoint: Hoenn.
>>
>>29929467
>but nothing to the degree of literally bringing the apocalypse
Groudon and Kyogre?
>>
Sinnoh wasn't "comfy", it was a garbage heap. Hope you like caves and HM slaves! Putting a fucking mountain right in the center of everything was horrendous, and most of the towns were literally forgettable. Sinnoh's dex was also absolute shit.

The only redeemable thing about it was its OST.
>>
>>29929285
>using the same adjective
>does not elaborate at all
>wants to be proven wrong
So much autism in this post it's giving me a headache
>>
>>29929379
>>29930006
These.

Sinnoh is to caves what Hoenn is to water.
>>
>>29929467
>-OST to a Pokemon game is never significantly noticeable
>Hoenn exists
Yeah nah. FR/LG has a really hype feeling as well, because Ichinose did every single track.
>>
>50% Cave region
FTFY
>>
>I will put the same misused word before everything mentioned so I don't have to justify myself.
>>
It's the worst
I appreciate what they were trying to make the region loop over itself but it was executed terribly and most other regions do the same but simpler and better.
I still like it because it's Pokemon though, just not as much as any other games
>>
File: 1478577422323.jpg (77KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
1478577422323.jpg
77KB, 777x728px
>>29929467
I dunno, RSE had some apocalypse flavor too them, and unlike gen 6 I can actually remember Platinum's OST pretty well Cynthia's theme is pretty bangin' actually.

If you're going to complain about lore in the series I can make the counterpoint that RGBY and GSC both had the most cookie cutter stories in them. RGBY is actually painful to play through now with its broken moves and bare bones story and world. Gens 3 and 4 at least attempted to do something else with their plotlines, even though they fell into the whole usher in the apocalypse thing.
>>
>>29929285
>comfy region
Wrong

>-comfy pokemon
Are you baiting, right?

>-comfy ost
Actually even shitty GBA Hoenn music is better

>-comfy gyms
God, are you baiting, right..?

>-comfy lore
>lore
>"comfy"
Yeah, pure bait. 4/10
>>
>>29930498
RBY had the best story because it was bare bones, fuck all that you are the chosen one destined to save the world because you're the only one that understands the power of loving your pokemon is the best way to fight which makes you the strongest in the world and you can wield the ring of mushi sushi that gives you the power to mega evolve your demons and now you're a half demon with the power of friendship and now I'm a demon too crap
>>
>>29929308
This.

>>29929432
That post only made fun of HMs, Defog and slow saves, and you unironically think he's a gen IV fan. Retard.
>>
>>29930568
What was the story anyway?
What was Rocket's goal?
Why did they need to be stopped?

Literally the only good thing in the story is Blue, and even then he's a textbook 1-dimensional character. I agree the "ur da chosen 1" plot lines are retarded, but it's better than RBGY's "here's the bad guy, fight them" story.
>>
>>29929496
underrated post
>>
>comfy
>>
>>29930785
>What was Rocket's goal?
What's the goal of any criminal organization? To make money and gather enough power to never be threatened in their power, having their hands in many honeypots(?). Or are you saying Al Capone is clearly fictitious?
>why did they need to be stopped
because they were criminals? Why does anyone try and stop crime? Should we all just let it run rampant?

>here's the bad guy, fight them
more like "hey kid we're mugging you, oh fuck he's fighting back."
>save duh wurld is better than a generic, mostly-reasonable criminal organization
I agree that there's a little to much "you just happened to be in the right place at the right time to foil their dastardly criminal plots" stuff, but to say that save the world shit is better? You're out of your fucking mind.
>>
>>29929285
do you even know what the word Comfy means?
>>
>>29930887
this.
Team Rocket is the best.
They never needed legendary pokemon to be the villains.
>>
Gen 4 was saved by Platinum and mostly by HGSS
>>
>>29930950
At least until the anime where they needed to be the ones that invented mewtwo.
Nothing actually ties those two together in the games, right?
>>
>>29930967
Team rocket never invented Mewtwo in the anime.
And no, there is nothing that connects Mewtwo to team rocket in the games
>>
>>29931022
Didn't Giovanni commission the project.
I'm pretty sure Jessie's mom died looking for Mew.
>>
>>29929467
I largely agree. I hate that virtually every game from RSE on has had a questline in which you SAVE THE WORLD. Much preferred the sandbox feel of the first two gens with "lore" as an interesting backdrop.

But technically Mewtwo had the propensity to end the world, even if he was the invention of scientists and not a mythic demigod.

Is SM more sandboxy? Or do you rescue all humanity from impending doom again?
>>
>>29931051
I know that Jessie's mom was looking for Mew, but I don't if was Team Rocket that commissioned the project.
It was Dr Fuji with Cloning experiences(something about his daughter as well), and in the moment that Mewtwo destroys the island Giovanni appears.
But I don't remember everything, I will look for this.
>>
>>29931096
You don't save the world(?), but you're every NPC's battle slave and get interrupted by the main cast frequently.
Your adventure is a straight up B-Plot to Lillie's story, all the way until postgame.
>>
>>29931149
Do I have a cool rival like Gary or the literal criminal from GSC or is it just (((a friend)))?
>>
>>29930950
Right they had nothing to do with mewtwo :^)
>>
I dont know what's going on.
Is OP actually stupid and thinks he made an argument or are the people in this threads idiots for replying to this bait.
>>
>>29931222
>:^)
You can see the replies to that post or tell me what's the connection between Mewtwo and Team Rocket in the games :^)
>>
>>29929285
>comfy region
Getting cockblocked by the same mountains and mist isn't comfy.

>comfy Pokemon
I can hardly remember any Pokemon from it aside from the obligitory legendaries, Garchomp and the evolution of pre-gen 4 Pokemon, most of them being hideous as fuck. Also, no new fire Pokemon is fucking disgusting.

>comfy OST
Boy i sure love hearing the same piano playing the same notes over and over and over again.

>comfy gyms
not really

>comfy lore
SO ONCE UPON A TIME THERE WAS A DEER DOG GOAT THING THAT CREATED THE UNIVERSE BECAUSE REASONS AND MADE A DRAGON THAT HAD LOOKED LIKE IT HAD A BAD DAY AT THE DENTIST TO CONTROL TIME AND A DRAGON THAT WAS SHAPED LIKE A DICK TO CONTROL SPACE, EVEN THOUGH HE COULD IT HAVE DONE IT BY ITSELF. THERE'S ALSO POKEMON SPOOKY SATAN THAT SHOOTS LASERS 'N SHIT AND THE DEER DOG GOAT THING SHIT ON IT BY SENDING IT ACROSS TO THE OTHER SIDE UNIVERSE. THE END.

OH YEAH AND HUMANS FUCKED POKEMON BACK THEN TOO

Comfy as fuck and totally not generic in the slightest.

>comfy meme
OP needs to stop being a faggot
>>
>>29931283
Your mistake is thinking OP and the people replying aren't the same person.
>>
>>29929285
Don't worry if weak ass Hoennbabies and Unovabortions try to rain on your parade, OP. Sinnoh is a great region, you just chose the wrong game.
>>
/vp/ displaying their shit taste as usual.
>>
>>29931415
>liking diamond
only person that could have an opinion that shit is a sinnohfetus.
>>
>>29931415
Shut up, OP.
>>
-comfy region (Just another temperate region)
-comfy pokemon (bulky, slow as fuck, spike-heads pokemon)
-comfy ost (snowy roads has good music, that's all)
-comfy gyms (most forgettable gym leaders)
-comfy lore (biggest wtf, the guy want to destroy the world)
>>
>>29930887
But rocket doesn't act like a mafia group in RBGY. Mafia members don't go around commiting petty theft and mugging strangers. They go around and do large scale behind the scenes crimes, like rigging horse races, operating drug rings, and shit like that.

The closest Rocket came to any of that was using the game corner as a front for their operations, but they weren't rigging the machines or anything, what the facility was actually used for is unknown.

In GSC, though, they actually acted like a villainous group, with the shit that went down in the well and forcing pokemon to evolve at the lake of rage. In RBGY they do nothing outside of say "heh I'm a theif, I'm gonna take that" or "Join rocket or I'll steal your pokemon"

>>29931291
Cinnabar Island, faggot.
>>
>>29929285
>comfy region
>comfy pokemon
>comfy ost
>comfy gyms
>comfy lore
Literally GSC.
>>
>>29929285
>Overuse of HM's
>Nothing to catch
>Battles are slow as hell
4th gen is 2nd worst gen and if you think otherwise you are just lying to yourself
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.