[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 1 was Psychic types, Sleep, and Legendaries: The Generation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 9

File: 150px-Smogon_logo.png (41KB, 150x159px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Smogon_logo.png
41KB, 150x159px
>Gen 2 was "whoever can setup Snorlax first wins": The Generation
>Gen 3 was Sun/Rain and Steel+Dragon types derived pain: The Generation
>Gen 4 was "muh entry hazards" with a side of Fighting types: The Generation
>Gen 5 was Weather Wars with a side of Fighting+Bug types: The Generation
>Gen 6 was the double woman on one man threesome special (Fairies, Flying, and Megas)

What will Gen 7's meta be?
>>
Terrain wars with a sprinkling of weather wars.
>>
>>29925387
Tapus of Healthy Terrain.
>>
Weather Wars 2.0: The Terrain Front
>>
>>29925387
War of the bugbros.
>>
>Psychics will never return to their glory days
Why live?
>>
>>29925387
Bugs, terrain.
>>
>there will never be a gen dominated by grass, ghost, ground, or electric types
;_;
>>
>>29925403
I don't think terrain is going to be as massive as most people think. It'll be a side effect of the Tapus being good.

HO will be disgusting early on due to Z moves deleting walls. Rain will have a slight comeback due to Pelipper being a significantly better setter than Politoed. Otherwise I see more of the same. UBs will be good, Phermosa and Kartana will be quickbanned, Xurkitree will be suspected later, Buzzwole will be a fun wallbreaker. Guzzlord and Celesteela will be meh. Marshadow will be banned.
>>
File: happybono.jpg (130KB, 450x735px) Image search: [Google]
happybono.jpg
130KB, 450x735px
>>29925585
grass always has its niche w/ spore, seed, etc, and they tend to be quite tanky.
ground will always be solid above-average thanks to STAB earthquake
ghost counters spin and hazard and checks psychic (and probably fairy too now)
electric also has its niche, one of only two things that counters water (ex. milotic, gyarados), plus t-wave. galvantula is a gr8 support bug w/ pocket thunder

>tfw bug's biggest threat got nerfed into the ground
>>
I thought gen 6 was spamming of brave burd and rotom wash gen
>>
>>29925387
Gen 7 will be "the rise of the HO"
with status nerfed, knock off and SR untouched, UBs beast boosting and much more weather and terrain powering up moves.
>Smogon's precious HO
>>
>>29925387
More like Suicune the generation
>>
>>29925720
this might actually be the gen they ban stealth rock
>>
>>29925784
they wouldn'tdare, UU/BL/OU would have to be entirely redefined
>>
>>29925784
It will never happen. They'll be more likely to ban Z moves altogether.
>>
>>29925807
There's a clusterfuck going on in PR about it.
Remember SM comes out in 3 days, OU will look pretty different anyways
>>
>>29925720
Don't forget Bravest Bird becoming useless.

Set-up sweepers are gonna become a very big thing. You faggots will be crying for Talonflame to come back when every fight will be whoever sets up DD faster.

>>29925784
Will never happen. Let it go already.
>>
>>29925720
the HO?
>>
UBs and Tapu on every team.
>>
>>29925900
Hyper Offensive
>>
>>29925854
What could possibly happen in gen 7 that has not since gen 4 to make them suddenly want to ban SR? Tell me. I really wanna know.

SR checks so much shit it's not even funny. People make it so like if SR not existing will make their bug PU shitmon bro suddenly rise to OU but the truth is that things will Dragonite and Charizard X and Zapdos and so on will be things that'll truly benefit from SR not being there anymore.

Do you think Talonflame not being there anymore will make bugs or monograss shitmons rise to OU now? Think again, set-up sweepers like Charizard X will be ones benefiting the most now that can set-up on your face without worrying about 180BP Brave Bird on the face always sitting there being a cockblock.

>>29925925
UB are heavily overrated. It's like people just look at the one single super high stat and cry BROKEN BROKEN BROKEN without realizing how all their other stats are average-ish or very blow average or lacking one or two crucial move to become cream of the top like 99% of Alola Pokemon.

Even Pheromosa who's by far the most OU viable one gets completely walled by every single ghost.
>>
>>29925952
Kartana is way better than Pheromosa, it's definitely getting banned.
>>
>>29925952
Kartana's pretty dangerous as well as it has several resists it can come in on, a nice speed stat and decent coverage
>>
>>29925952
Yeah man, all those viable OU ghosts. The one that's about the fall out of usage thanks to nerfs and the one that takes neutral damage from Bug. But we might get Aegislash back so we can check broken with broken. That's always nice.

I do think that really only Pheromosa and Kartana are straight up ban worthy. Xurkitree will be suspected later on since it has a disgusting sp atk stat with fucking Tail Glow. It also has Hypnosis to catch something on the switch and set up. The other UBs won't be doing much.
>>
>>29925952
>People make it so like if SR not existing will make their bug PU shitmon bro suddenly rise to OU
It'd make my bro Volcarona OU like it deserves.
>>
>>29926030
I don't think Xurkitree will get much use of Tail Glow. It's too great with Scarf + Beast Boost
>>
>>29925387
You have no idea what the actual meta timeline is you tool
>>
>>29925952
>pheromosa used u-turn!
>>29925969
>>29926005
Resists don't matter if it's still a OHKO
>>
>>29926048
It's a bit overkill but hilarious. Personally I'd try it once or twice for the laugh factor
>>
>>299260
prove me wrong
>>
>>29926063
It's got nice physical bulk along with its resistances, it'll find switch in opportunities easily
>>
>>29925387
My favorite Psychic type is Tauros.
>>
>>29925387
Confirmed for not knowing shit about gen I meta.
>>
File: 1319229142297.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1319229142297.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
Priority generation will soon be behind us, lads.
>>
>>29926364
Great, instead of priority, we get the Lele generation.
>>
>>29925387
You mean in ubers right?
OU it's CM and banded users spam
>>
>>29926082
It has 31 special defense.
0 SpA Chansey Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 280-332 (108.1 - 128.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>29926054
Nether do you apparently as you've done nothing to rebuttal it or prove it wrong.
>>
If this generation does end up being terrain wars, can we please call it turf wars ala splatoon?

Or at least like the splatoon meta.
>>
>>29926461
>DAE le Splatoon? XDDD
>>>/mlp/
>>>/a/jojo
>>
>>29925952
>Even Pheromosa who's by far the most OU viable one gets completely walled by every single ghost.
Confirmed tard. Fucking thing has quiver dance and ice beam. As well as U turn.
>g-genesect is balanced I swear guys.
>>
>>29925387
you clearly didn't play most of these
>>
>>29926421
I said physical. Switching it into a special attack is a fools game.
>>
>>29926880
>ice beam
What the fuck? Why?
>>
>>29927088
It stole all the good moves from vikavolt
>>
>>29927088
She's an icy beauty.
>>
>>29925387
Man I miss weather wars
With some luck Terrain wars will let me relive these experiences
>>
Lets get this shit started

>Uber
Solgaleo, Lunala, Pheromosa, Celesteela, Kartana, Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Marshadow
>OU
Toxapex, Ribombee, Necrozma, Nihilego, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Minior, All Tapus, Magearna
>UU
Primarina, Incineroar, Araquanid, Ninetales, Dugtrio, Mudsdale, Silvally, Tsareena, Salazzle, Turtonator, Drampa, Wishiwashi
>RU
Dhelmise, Comfey, Exeggutor, Guzzlord, Oranguru, Shiinotic, Bewear, Palossand, Lycanroc-Day, Lurantis, Vikavolt
>NU
Decidueye, Lycanroc-Night, Persian, Toucannon, Raichu, Muk, Crabominable, Marowak, Oricorios, Passimian, Komala, Golem, Sandslash, Bruxish
>PU
Gumshoos, Togedemaru, Raticate, Pyukumuku, Cosmoem
>>
>>29927308
>Golisopod
>OU
UU at best, probably RU.
>>
File: trump-gif-quotes.gif (1MB, 464x333px) Image search: [Google]
trump-gif-quotes.gif
1MB, 464x333px
>>29927308
>primarina and incineroar above decidueye

stop this meme
>>
>>29927308
You're missing 18 pokemon.
All of silvally's types will get tiered separately and Type: Null should be viable in NU at least
>>
>>29925387
>Weather Wars

I really liked weather wars, but it's too late to buff hail

This gen is gonna be tapu wars + UB
>>
>>29927350
AURORA VEIL
>>
>>29927361
Is shit because it needs set up on its own instead of being a passive.
>>
Kartana is far too broken for OU but I don't think it'll be that good in Ubers.
>>
>>29927365
Not only that, but just this gen GF is adding something like swift swim for hail.
>>
>>29927308

>Uber
Solgaleo, Lunala, Pheromosa, Kartana, Marshadow
>OU
Buzzwole, Celesteela, Xurkitree (suspect test half a year later), Toxapex, Necrozma, Nihilego, Golisopod, Kommo-o, Minior, All Tapus, Magearna
>UU
Ribombee (depends on Baton Pass clause ver. 4.1), Primarina (may drop), Incineroar (drops without Intimidate), Ninetales, Dugtrio, Mudsdale, Silvally, Tsareena, Salazzle, Turtonator, Drampa (drops to BL2), Wishiwashi, Lycanroc-Day
>RU
Araquanid, Dhelmise, Comfey, Exeggutor, Guzzlord, Shiinotic, Bewear, Palossand, Lurantis, Vikavolt, Golem, Raichu
>NU
Oranguru, Decidueye, Lycanroc-Night, Persian, Toucannon, Muk, Crabominable, Marowak, Oricorios, Passimian, Komala, Sandslash, Bruxish
>PU
Gumshoos, Togedemaru, Raticate, Pyukumuku, Cosmoem
>>
>>29927419
Wasn't it only added to shitmons?
>>
>>29927421
Forgot Golisopod and Minior to UU
>>
>>29927308
Celesteela and Buzzwole have zero chance of going ubers.

Ribombee and Kommo-o will be UU. Knock Dugtrio, Tsareena, Salazzle, Turtonator, and Drampa down. Bring Dhelmise and Guzzlord up. Decidueye as well.

All of RU is NU material. Marowak, Passimian, Muk, and Golem along with a lot of the shitmons you thought would be UU might have a chance at seeing RU usage.

I really can't be bothered to mess with NU and PU since who actually gives a fuck at that point.
>>
>>29927421
>Buzzwole
>Ubers
It's a Heracross with slightly more HP that doesn't learn Megahorn or Close Combat. It'd be lucky to even be OU.
>>
>>29927431
yeap. Alola Sandshrew and Beartic. the bear has potential tho, it got buffed, has coverage and SD
>>
>>29927321
It hits too hard for RU, I'm expecting UU or BL2
>>
>>29925735
Good times, good times
>>
>Uber
Solgaleo, Lunala

>OU
Toxapex, Tapus, Magearna, Marshadow, Xurkitree, Celesteela, Pheromosa, Kartana

>UU
Primarina, Mudsdale, Silvally, Salazzle, Buzzwole, Kommo-o, Nihilego, Necrozma

>RU
Dhelmise, Incineroar, Comfey, Guzzlord, Shiinotic, Bewear, Palossand, Lycanroc-Day, Vikavolt, Decidueye, Minior, Wishiwashi, Tsareena, Araquanid, Drampa, Muk, Golisopod

>NU
Lycanroc-Night, Toucannon, Marowak, Passimian, Komala, Golem, Sandslash, Bruxish, Exeggutor, Dugtrio, Turtonator, Ninetales, Oranguru, Ribombee

>PU
Gumshoos, Togedemaru, Raticate, Pyukumuku, Lurantis, Raichu, Crabominable, Persian, Oricorio

Marshadow, Xurkitree, Pheromosa and Kartana could easily move up. Decidueye seems kinda weird so I don't know exactly what to do with it.
>>
>>29927646
Lurantis won't be PU.

It's a worse serperior and that should be enough to send it to at least RU
>>
>>29927133
And here I was thinking come friday, he'd be on my team.
So much for a useful bug this time around
>>
>>29927698
>It's a worse serperior
And I guess Stunfisk is a worse Landorus Therian
>>
>>29927698
45 speed is really, really bad. Part of the reason Serperior is good is because it's fast.
>>
>>29927343
Do you think type null won't be viable in higher tiers? It looks like it has a decent amount of potential
>>
>>29927738
No Intimidate, no U-Turn, no Knock Off, no Attack stat, no Speed, weak to Ground
nice bait
>>
>>29927769
NU is a strict minimum, it's not going to be an untiered NFE is my point.
My guess is that it will end up low UU.
>>
>>29927777
Quads of truth rn
>>
>>29925387

Chansey, Tauros and Snorlax says hi
>>
>>29927798
Fuck is it really that bad? I would have thought it'd be in like RU or PU given its ability, but I haven't played the game yet
>>
>>29925620
>Pelipper
This nigga was the secret MVP of my story mode.
>Switch in Drizzle water Z-move
>>
>>29927853
>Drizzle
>100% accurate Hurricanes
>boosted Hydro Pumps
>Defog

It's OU ahoy for the pelican.
>>
>>29927894
He is going to be the cornerstone or every team for a good 3 months
>>
>>29927907
Eeeeeh I wouldn't go that far. it's going to replace Politoed on rain teams and will probably help to make rain viable again, but we're not going to go back to weather wars levels of pervasiveness.
>>
>>29927844
It has crazy bulk with eviolite but an ass movepool.
It's a decent swords dancer but it's probably not good enough for OU.
No way it sinks under RU and it could potentially even get banned from RU if it goes there.
>>
>>29927907
Xurkitre will be a good enough counter to it, especially 100% Thunder.

I think it'll be fun to see Pelipper getting some spotlight in competitive.
>>
>>29927894
>Z-pumps
>those hurricanes are free
Best birb
>>
>>29927962
Pelipper was phenomenal in PU and NU stole it a few times iirc.
>>
>>29927308
Why is Cosmoem PU? It would be NFE
>>
>>29925387
>Gen 1 was Psychic types, Legendaries, and broken mechanics: The Generation
>Gen 2 was "whoever can setup Snorlax first wins": The Generation
>Gen 3 was SkarmBliss featuring keep calm doge: The Generation
>Gen 4 was "muh entry hazards" but overall best meta: The Generation
>Gen 5 was Weather Wars with a side of Fighting+Bug types: The Generation
>Gen 6 was Fairy is a hell of a drug and Megas were a mistake featuring "Knock, knock", "Who is there?", "Not your item".
>Gen 7 is Stall is ded with landscaping is my special ability
>>
>>29925387
>Legendaries
>Gen 1

>Not gen *anything past 2*
>>
File: index.jpg (6KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6KB, 263x192px
Are you ready for guaranteed swords dance + life orb + shadow sneak?
>>
>>29925387
tapus and terrain wars
>>
>>29928109
So Aegislash's worst set 2.0?
>>
File: 1479146772293.gif (676KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1479146772293.gif
676KB, 500x381px
>>29928194
>Mimikyu and Aegislash serve the same roles on a team
Nigger...
>>
Gen 4 was hazards and suicide leads. Get your rocks off, then just do as much damage as possible, or even explode
>>
>>29925387

>Gen 6 was the double woman on one man threesome special (Fairies, Flying, and Megas)

Pardon my ignorance (Either innocence or English is my second language thing), but I don't get this last sentence. Was out of competitive pokemon in Gen 6 too. Can someone elaborate what happened in in Gen 6?
>>
>>29925387
>>Gen 1 was Psychic types, Sleep, and Legendaries: The Generation
There is only one legendary viable in OU. 3 of the top 4 mons are normal types
>>Gen 2 was "whoever can setup Snorlax first wins": The Generation
Everyone runs 2-3 checks to lax. Whoever kills those first wins.
>>Gen 3 was Sun/Rain and Steel+Dragon types derived pain: The Generation
Are you talking about ubers? ou had like 70% ttar usage
>>
>>29925483
> every game in the series has one or more psychic legendaries
> still no poison legends unless u count nihilego
Stop shilling this type GF
>>
>>29928270
you know there's teams that aren't HO, right?
>>
>>29928336
Fairies were OP and Smogonbird single-handedly kept like half the possible team builds out of OU, and quite a few of the Megas were also busted as fuck and were the only sweepers worth using in higher tiers. Stall was also fairly prelevant around the time I quit, too.

>>29928354
I think the dude was talking about casual play for the first three gens.
>>
>>29928011
Now this nigga played meta
>>
>>29928416
the image of the smogon logo suggests otherwise
>>
>>29928441
I can't come up with any other explanation for what he described each early gen as.
>>
>>29928336
>Faries became the new Dragon AKA must have type on your team
>The whole point of the game was activating your MEGA
>Talonflame kamikaze keep most of fancy types likes steel and fighting useless and scared the shit out of anything that wasnt rock or electric
>>
>>29925884
Marshadow shits all over setup in general because of how he can just steal your stat ups.
>>
>>29928011
Don't forget Normal types for Gen 1 but I guess that falls under "broken mechanics" since the big offenders there were Hyper Beam not requiring a recharge if it bops something and Slash critting every time on fast niggas.
>>
>>29928761
If only that were still true, think of the wacky hijinx.
>>
>>29928801
If speed was still tied to crit rate you'd just have nothing but hyper offense and if Hyper Beam still worked like that people would be running some kind of Ghost on every team to stuff that strategy.
>>
>>29928011
>knock knock
>who's there
>not your item
My sides

Don't forget about the bucket of boiling water on the top of the door prank
>>
>>29928611
>Marshadow
Ubers at worst
>>
What will be the Trevenant or Electivire of Gen 7? (Shitmon people spam on the ladder until everyone starts to realize that it isnt good and slowly makes its way to NU)
>>
>>29929186
This.
>outspeeds arceus
>immune to its priority
>hits the standard set with super effective STAB
>>
>>29929199
Golisopod? Minior?
>>
>>29928232
What is Mimikyu's role exactly?
Setup sweeper? Willowisp supporter?
The first one is done better by Aegislash.
Or is your point that Aegislash is Uber?
>>
>>29929199
I'd say either Minior or Decidueye.
>>
>>29928232
i think his point is that aegi can do anything mimi can better and more
>>
>>29929199
Decidueye guaranteed
>>
>>29929199
Salazzle (poison on anything is cool, will probably end on BL2 because it's too fast for RU.) and Minior (expect SubSmash 2 attacks), maybe Decidueye/Dhelmise.
>>
>>29929199
yeah right. Achieved 1600 with my shit Trevenant TR Forest's Curse set. Damn. Learn to play the game.
>>
>>29929199
Decidueye
>>
>>29929323
Corrosion is awful. It only affects Toxic and Poison Gas, not moves like Sludge Bomb. As a speedy sweeper, Salazzle has no reason to be running these moves.
>>
>>29925387
>>Gen 3 was Sun/Rain and Steel+Dragon types derived pain: The Generation
You never played gen 3
>>
>>29929346
You can make shitmons work. Ive had a Mega Glalie team take me to close to 1700, that doesn't change the fact that its a shitmon in OU.
>>
>>29925387
Gen 7 will be the rise of

>Electric and Psychic Spam
>Terrain Wars and Weather Wars
>Hyper Offense, possibly (depends on what gets banned)
>>
>>29926030
You don't know what you're talking about.

Shut up and stop pretending you know anything about competitive.
>>
>>29925651
Not in the slightest, gen 6 used Talonflame as a special wall since mid XY metagame, he was godlike at checking the fairies and setting up on non toxic mega Sableye, it also stopped cold almost all defensive water types that relied on scald, and it even tanked scarf/Rocky helmet Garchomp stone edges with little prediction.

Spdef Talonflame was amazing.

Flying spam was just a team archetype, not a standard, and rotom fell from grace hard in this metagame.
>>
lele-chan for ubers!
>>
>>29926039

This thing is already OU and shits on many teams, I don't know what you are smoking dude, heck I don't even need hazard control using it unless I pair it with other weaknesses.
>>
>>29926446
You're definitely wrong. Nobody has pointed it out yet though.

Most must have not played before gen 5 at all.
>>
>>29928861
>scrappy
>>
>>29929199
See
>>29929236
>>29929266
>>29929320
>>29929361
Nobody has high hopes for Decidueye, so the Electivire prize goes to Minior.
>Loses 25% by Stealth Rocks and gets OHKOed with its pitiful uninvested 60/100/100 bulk
>>
>>29929470
I smell an owlfag
>>
>>29927308
You're dumb lol
>>
>>29929404
Nice arguments faggot.
>>
>>29929423
That thing is going to be a nightmare to face. The only downside I see to that thing is that it has mediocre defense so it might eventually get worn down by Pursuit, and that it has trouble fitting a Mega Metagross counter onto its team.
>>
>>29928011
>>Gen 7 is Stall is ded with landscaping is my special ability

Le stall is about fatmons that do nothing but wall and stall. Full Stall was already dead. It's now abut trapping your wincon and then stalling the rest.
>>
>>29925425
THESE DUBS WILL REMOVE TAPUS
>>
>>29929499
Nobody = myself included
>owlfag
I don't understand
>>
>>29927698
You realize that Serperior was PU before it got contrary right?
>>
>>29929524
But smogon likes to ban trapper.
Times change i guess.
>>
>>29929559
There's a thread up right now where people are talking about how they expect decidueye to be OU
>>
>>29929565
Lurantis doesn't have the speed or Glare to get a good sweep going, and while it has a better movepool, its main boosting attack is for the wrong attack stat.
>>
>>29929404
>[Citation Needed]
>>
>>29929600
they ban trappers that pose a threat instantly, stupidly fast, hits hard and traps, all at the same time. Basically Mega Gengar.
>>
>>29925387
Gen 1 was Twave and pray: The generation
Gen 2 was whoever can remove Snorlax checks first wins: The generation
Gen 3 was Tyraniskarblisscunelax The Band: The generation
Gen 4 was Rocks, Tyranitar and Starmie, a tale of a young rock who fought for rock rights to stay on the field while a star tried to keep them out: The Generation.
Gen 5 was Weather Wars, Dragons and Fighting types: The Generation.
Gen 6 was Megas, Genies and Fairies, featuring the artist formerly known as Smogonbird and his friend Magic Bounce.
>>
>>29929600
Only trapping abilities.
>>
>>29928431
Nah he probably didn't. He's likely parroting what others have said about the past gens.
>>
>>29929522
It can deal with Mega Gross using Shadow ball
I haven't tested it yet but it might actually be immune to pursuit since pursuit basically works as priority when switching out.
>>
>>29929199
Primarina will be this for UU.
>>
>>29929346
Getting to 1600 is not impressive. That's where you start facing mostly legit players.
>>
File: IT ALL COMES TOGETHER.png (203KB, 268x288px) Image search: [Google]
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER.png
203KB, 268x288px
>>29925387
>Gen 1 was Psychic types: The Generation
>Gen 7 will be Psychic Terrain: The Generation
IT ALL COMES TOGETHER
>>
Gen 5 was more about dragons and Magnet Pull to deal with resists.
>>
>>29929678
I know, and it can run Scarf to outspeed Megagross too. It can Focus Blast Excadrill. It isn't immune to Pursuit apparently though, even when switching out.

I really don't know how I'm going to deal with this meta. Diancie and Megagross are definitely rising and Scizor takes care of them. Bulu smashes through everything except Scizor too. But Lele kinda makes it a lot weaker so it makes finding a good answer to those other three mons terrifying.
>>
>>29929717
Prima is definitely not going below RU, although I can see it falling from UU too. It hits way too hard.
>>
>>29929603
I wasn't arguing with you. Lurantis won't sniff RU. It'll be stuck in PU/ZU.
>>
Lurantis should've gotten Superpower
>>
>>29929602
There's one very very very dedicated autist who keeps false flagging and saying Decidueye will single handedly invalidate stall like it's Hoopa Unbound despite being proved wrong a billion times.
>>
>>29929717
Doubt it. Primarina will be a threat in UU due to its phenomenal typing, sp atk, and movepool. UU has much lowers standards for good shit than OU. For the most part you just need a good typing and you're set.
>>
>>29929516
>>29929616
?

I was just pointing out how it was obvious that you've only played past gen 5 and only casually at most so they will know not to take you seriously.

There's no need to get angry, just find something else to do.
>>
>>29929810
UU is basically Gen 4 OU now.
>>
>>29929798
It'll be Celebi for RU at best which already makes me want to play with it.
>>
>>29928109
>guaranteed swords dance
I get you don't play official tournaments... kys
>>
>>29925387
You obv weren't around for Gen III. It was Calm Mind/Belly Drum, BP, DD, Huge Power, Pure Power, and Choice Band abuse irl.
>>
>>29929785
I think it will be RU. UU however? No fucking way, it has no utility, no bulk (on the physical side to deal with Entei/Darm), no recovery and its damage is outclassed badly for wallbreaking.
>>29929810
>muh typing
Every time, that's the one time Primarina has going for it as well as nice Spatk and some coverage and Primarina fags will repeat it as gospel. UU is already packed full of great water types and all of them outclass Primarina. This is the tier where it's a meme to hate Vaporeon for having less utility than other water types despite it being a premier pivot against scald, invalidating Suicune, using Heal Bell and Wish passing. Primarina has no utility and its damage can't even compare to Crawdaunt's, Sylveon's or Gatr's. Sure Hydro Pump hits slightly harder than Hyper Voice but it's way less spammable.
>>
Gen 7: The reverse Gen 5 experience
>>
>>29925387
Z-buff terrain wars
>>
>>29929903
Actually, Sylveon got nerfed enough that it could do something. Sylveon now only has a 12% chance to 2HKO Cresselia with Specs now.
>>
File: m.png (7KB, 163x162px) Image search: [Google]
m.png
7KB, 163x162px
>>29925387

I tried to answer that question myself yesterday.
I examined all the legendaries and spent hours finding counters and doing calcs.

Here are some of my key findings:
I think the island guardians are overrated aside from Tapu Lele. Tapu Lele is highly underrated and will be one of the most powerful pokemon at VGC. All but 3 of the legendaries have a 1-trick-pony moveset and some, such as Xurkitree, rely on Hidden Power to round out their coverage. The UBs are more threatening in general than the Tapus.

The Tapu Koko + Politoed opening is overhyped and easy to beat. Many counter-openings work and won't ruin your team building.
Tapu Koko is a barely-threatening pokemon forced to use its lower attacking stat to carry out its best strategies. It has poor movepool.

As for what the meta will generally be like, I feel it will be an offense-favoring meta. Weather wars will not be as prominent as people now think.
The most dangerous pokemon will be Tapu Lele, Pheromosa, Xurkitree, Kartana.
One strong opening will be Tapu Lele + Pheromosa. Fake Out will be less important than ever due to the best Fake Out users being banned.
Intimidate will be less important than ever due to most of the top threats being Special Attackers.

Overall this vgc represents a huge shift in the way that Doubles is played.

>The average team will look like:
4 pokemon spent on the team's own "winning strategy," 2 pokemon used for specific counters to UBs, Tapus.
1 pokemon in the "winning strategy" group must be able to 2HKO most Legends.
Nearly every team will need a Choice Scarf user of base 83+ speed that has the ability to OHKO Pheromosa.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to ask clarifying questions. Will post important anti-meta pokemon following:
>>
>>29930013
>Prominent anti-meta pokemon [counter many Legendaries]:
A-Marowak(!),
A-Muk(!),
A-Raichu,
Arcanine(!),
Garchomp holding Roseli Berry,
Scarf Gengar(!),
Katarna,
CB Scizor,
Scarf Alakazam,
Trevenant,
Scarf Jolteon,
Scarf Nihilego,
Scarf Salazzle,
Scarf Krookodile with Intimidate,
A-Dugtrio,
Scarf Tapu Lele(!),
Togedemaru w/ Lightning Rod

Also I forgot to mention that Flying type moves won't be as important as last generation.
>>
>>29930013
>>29930042
Also all of the UBs are weak to Redirection because the top threats rely on killing enemies before they have a chance to attack. If you have Rage Powder Parasect on your team then the possible field partners open up considerably.
>>
>>29927907
You're really wrong dude. Pelipper is still a shitmon regardless of Drizzle.
>>
>>29930013
>I think the island guardians are overrated aside from Tapu Lele. Tapu Lele is highly underrated and will be one of the most powerful pokemon at VGC
Stopped reading here.

Everyone's been wanking Lele because MUH SHE KILLS PRIORITY TALONFLAME BTFO since day 1.

Only Koko manages to be more overrated than her because of Koko+A-Raichu meme teams.
>>
>>29930193
I haven't heard any talk about Lele here. Nobody said she's bad, but any talk related to "what's going to be overpowered at VGC 17" immediately turns to Koko, who after doing actual calcs I've realized is not very good.

Do some real calcs for Lele, on the other hand, and you'll see how ridiculous it really is. Don't forget to account for 1.5x boosted Psychics.
>>
>>29930226
People have been circlejerking over her in singles too.
She's the only Tapu people expect to be banned to ubers since it has no switch ins that can deal with her. Even Chansey gets 2HKO by LO Psyshock
>>
Bewear has too much bulk to not be UU
>>
>>29930301
I'm not sure if I want it in UU. Entei tears it apart.
>>
>>29930193
>>29930226
>>29930292
175 BP Psychic z-move as well
>>
Does this mean Mega Alakazam can gets its revenge from being priority'd all of last generation?
>>
>>29930178
Pelipper got a respectable stat boost and has access to tailwind, wide guard, u-turn, roost, and scald. It won't be as good as politoed but it's immune to EQ and pairs well with lightningrod users
>>
>>29925387
>Gen 7: I tried to set up Trick Room because there are 10 new good TR Sweepers but my mom wouldn't let me (my mom is Pheromosa btw)
>>
>>29930292
Nobody thinks any tapu is uber-worthy. It's just the same falseflagger who shitposts decidueye
>>
>>29930395
don't worry anon Pheromosa it's gonna be like 30 seconds in OU and then banned to ubers
>>
>>29930013
If I play doubles at all this gen, I'm considering using Fini. It does sit at a lower speed tier than Lele and gets rid of its terrain. It doesn't seem too good aside from that though.
>>
>>29930523
252+ SpA Life Orb Tapu LeleThunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tapu Fini: 88-107 (49.7 - 60.4%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO

That's a fully-invested Tapu Fini in Special Defense, including Nature, and it still gets basically guaranteed 2HKO by a non-STAB thunderbolt.
>>
>>29930688
Also Fini can't even 3HKO with Shadow Ball.

Have fun switching in Fini to "get rid of the terrain."

I'm telling you man, do actual calcs. Lele is fucking broken.
>>
>>29930013
>Cutest tapu is also the best
>>
>>29930688
I wanted to run Fini so I have an excuse to use Scizor. I don't really want to run Bulu because then it doubles up on the fire weakness and I don't want to get smashed with Heat Wave or whatever.
>>
Slug Race: The Meta
>>
>>29929266
>Gets shell smash
>immune to status
Uh...
>>
Why are people talking like Gen 4 wasn't Steel dragon ghost core the meta the experience the jubilee?
>>
>>29932243
>needs to get below half HP to be a threat
>>
>>29930725
It's only fair, I suppose.
>>
>>29925387
>>29925387
Gen 1: Amnesia wars
Gen 2: Curse Wars
Gen 3: Stall Wars
Gen 4: Stealth Rock Wars
Gen 5: Genie Wars
Gen 6: Ban Wars
Gen 7: Terrain Wars
>>
>>29932700
Because it wasn't.
>>
Changes to the metagame:

M-Kangaskhan: OU
M-Gengar: OU
M-Beedrill: OU
Mantine: OU
Darkrai: UU
Talonflame: UU
>>
>>29932958
>Darkrai
>UU

I was on board with you till that. No way it's going to dip below OU, if not Ubers.
>>
>>29925483
Wasn't Psychic the most common type for a good chunk of ORAS OU?
>>
>>29932958
>Mega-Gengar
>OU
why would he drop
>>
>>29932958
Nigga what aspect of mega gengar has changed for it to drop? If anything, it just got better since it skullfucks Solgaleo and Lunala
>>
>>29925585
>grass
Whoops.
>ghost
Marshadow will rule the meta for all three seconds between the day it gets released and the moment it gets banned.
>ground
If a Thousand Arrows-like move ever gets good distribution it's curtains for everything else. Real talk, Ground as a type kinda scares me. It's only a matter of time before auto-Gravity happens, and defensive Ground has been a big thing for a while now.
>electric
Eh.
>>
>>29925419
I still think The Genies at least landorus-T will still be going strong
>>
>>29933145
You use you Mega slot for a mediocre frail Ghost that can be easily countered by scarfed Tapu Lele and other stuff.
>>
>>29933250
Thundurus-T is quite usable in rain, too.
>>
>>29933367
>putting a scarf on LELE

Fucking christ, if you think Lele is an offensive-based mon, then fuck off back to LC.
>>
>>29933250
Tapu Koko + Thundurus
>>
>>29933410
130 spa, boosted psychic attacks, bruh
>>
>>29933007
Its signature move was severally nerfed. Fairy and Bug also got a huge buff. Darkrai is nothing more than UU.
>>
>>29933410
Lele is a better Gardevoir, and I can assure Scarf Gardevoir is legit as fuck. Be aware.
>>
>>29933432
I'm not denying that, but you get a lot more mileage going the defensive route. Psychic Terrain is amazing, and Lele is the best user of it, so its optimal to make sure Lele is alive to keep it up rather than sweeping

>>29933434
Darkrai still has a great attack and speed tier, as well as decent bulk with decent coverage with just Dark Pulse, Focus Miss, and Sludge Bomb. It will not dip past OU
>>
File: 1477760277516.jpg (148KB, 849x694px) Image search: [Google]
1477760277516.jpg
148KB, 849x694px
>Lele threatens to make my longtime competitive sis Scarfdevoir irrelevant
A-at least she can still use Memento
>>
>>29932958
>M-Gengar: OU
As much as I'd love this stall remover here there's no way an S-Tier Uber will drop to OU
>>
>>29933597
>stall remover

wouldn't this also remove things FOR stall, since it could probably be customized to take down nearly everything
>>
>>29925387
Slow bulky stall wars.
>>
>>29933631
Technically yes but at the same time everyone would be using it to completely nullify stall and it's immune to trapping so.
>>
>>29932958
>>29933113
>>29933597
>Mega Gengar being in OU

Anything that threatens stall will be banned non. Don't you remember what they did to Gothitelle and poor 'ol Wobbuffet?
>>
>>29933687
>Gothitelle and poor 'ol Wobbuffet
I miss them so much
>>
>>29933687
Wobb and Goth were also great FOR stall.
That's the thing about stall, unless it's a Pokemon with insane unwallable offenses chances are any tools against stall also work well with stall. Kinda like Mega Sableye.
>>
>>29927777
Nice digits
>>
>>29932958
>M-Gengar: OU

Do you not understand that they fixed the speed thing when mega evolving, now? There is zero reason to run protect now in singles, for stuff that gets a speed boost.

You have 130 base speed TURN 1, now. If anything this makes him even more dangerous.
>>
>>29932958
Mantine: OU
Funny joke, it gets ohkod by a Koko thunderbolt 100% of the time, which sucks because it's my favorite water type
>>
>>29933980
While I disagree about it being OU it will definitely work in OU along with Hippowdon.
>>
>>29933980
>it gets OHKOed by a powerful double-Super-Effective STAB from a monster that gets a free Choice boost on said STAB
Might as well say Ferrothorn is shit because Mega Charizard Y's Flare Blitz is a guaranteed OHKO.
>>
>>29933980
Defog and Roost, I give you that. It walls M-Char Y, and has water absorb for water spam.

If it could whirlwind/spikes/taunt/u-turn/baton pass/haze, would have been much better.
>>
>>29925387
Isn't Gen2 the SkarmBliss the Generation?
>>
>>29934426
Gen 3 was even more SkarBliss.
>>
Lol at the anon thinking that Lurantis will be anything but PU
Thread posts: 223
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.