[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did a lot of people dislike Wally? He was the best "rival"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Did a lot of people dislike Wally? He was the best "rival" IMO, started out as a weak kid and got stronger and grew with his Pokemon.
>>
Wally is a chill little nigga in my book, he is also the subject of some great /ss/ art.
>>
Good rival. Liked his growth, and I liked him more in the remakes.
>>
Back in the RSE days themselves, I never thought much of him. With time though, I really liked what they wanted to do with him, but felt he was wasted potential. ORAS salvaged him and made him more into the great rival he could have been, but sadly most of his new development was relegated to easily missable BuzzNav text, and there was still more they could've done.

He's probably my favorite rival now though, at the very least top tier personally.
>>
>>29923138
He should have become champ instead of the MC
>>
He was a total non-entity and took Brendan/May's spotlight while not providing much story of his own. He's just like "oh it's that kid again, who gives a fuck" until he comes back and he's surprisingly good which I guess was the point but it didn't really wow me all that much.

Also his ORAS theme is fucking awful and made me want to stop playing right before the E4 due to how out of place it was. I mean at least the new Delta stuff is confined to the Delta episode, but Wally's shitty guitar theme blindsides you with how awful and out of place it is.
>>
>>29923222
His name is on gym statues post Norman before yours, but you probably already knew that.
>>
Cause Hoenn a shit
>>
>>29923138
I kinda hate him because he goes from meek kid to "gotta have 6IV pokemon perfect nature gotta trash my shitmons" like if he was in some sort of power trip.

Also I recall data showed the gallade he uses later on is not the same ralts you help him catch (different natures), so it feels like he doesn't care about his pokemon and just wants to win. Next step is injecting.

Like, cool down, kid.
>>
Though his role and character was expanded in ORAS, it's such a shame you don't meet Wally between Mauville and the Victory Road. I guess if you're playing for the first time ever it really surprises you when he pops up - especially since your own rival drops out so easily. I recall your rival didn't even get to use the final evolution of their starter in the original R/S?
>>
>>29923274
RS and E May/Brendan never hit the final stage.
>>
>>29923317
People can say what they like about ORAS, but I'm fucking glad they fixed that shit.
>>
>>29923317
So in that case, Wally at least gave a proper rival battle at the victory road.

Really disappointing how quick Gamefreak dropped the competitive rival so fast
>>
>>29923138
I just wish you battled him more than once before he shows up at the Victory Road. It would make his growth feel more real than just "lol I'm stronk now"

too bad ORAS didn't fix that.
>>
>>29923138
because you fight him twice and the first battle is a joke fight

I was hoping that ORAS would build him up better during the main story
>>
>>29923138
He's a little whining faggot. Catch your own fucking Pokemon.
>>
Never provided any challenge. If someone is a pushover every time, they're not a proper rival.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.