[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw been playing ever since Red >Thousands of hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: 157066738.jpg (12KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
157066738.jpg
12KB, 640x360px
>tfw been playing ever since Red
>Thousands of hours
Not one shiny
>>
>>29919966
>Been playing since red
>Still haven't beaten GSCHGSS
>>
>>29919966
that was me up until oras. dont lose hope
>>
Same as me, but I've actually seen two shinies but failed to catch either one of them.

Found a shiny Girafarig on route 43 in Silver. Wasn't exactly prepared and critted it.

The second time was in Soul Silver. I found a shiny Geodude in the fucking Safari zone. I was not able to catch it.
>>
>>29919966
I was the same as you. Been playing since '98. Ran into my first Shiny in X though in Friend Safari.

Maybe you should fuck around in Friend Safari, anon. They pop up all the fucking time there.
>>
>>29919966
Stop using repels.
>>
>>29919966
It's a lot easier finding shiny Pokemon in newer gens, thanks to the Masuda Method, Shiny Charm, and Friend Safari/Radar/Dexnav/Adrenaline Orb. You have more of a chance to find one if you don't use Repels either, I found many shinies by just playing through the game normally.
>>
File: 1479100820659.jpg (19KB, 380x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479100820659.jpg
19KB, 380x405px
Should have tried chaining in gen 4. I got like 20 shinies from that.
>>
>play since RS

>caught my first random encountered shiny in Black because I thought it was one of the different season forms of Deerling.
>>
>>29921043
Same. My first legit non lake of rage gyarados shiny was a friend safari Audino.

Shortly after that I hatched a shiny Charmander after like 3 eggs.

And then I've gotten a shitton of shinies thanks to hordes.

It's like I broke a curse when I got my first one
>>
>>29919966
One thousand hours is 41 and 2/3s days anon.
Your hyperbole will be your downfall.
>>
File: unspecified (2).png (138KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified (2).png
138KB, 500x567px
>>29919966
Eh, I wouldn't care that much. I started at sapphire and got my first in diamond. Of course it was a shitmon, fearow, but at the time I had no idea what the fuck it was so it felt real memorable to me.

Honestly I feel 90% of shinies look like complete fucking shit. They just take a mish mash of random colors and slap it without considering if the colors mesh well or how they look on the pokemon. Yeah there are some really cool ones, I love golurk's and reunicles's a lot, but most are just ugly as shit and used by people to gloat.
>>
Like half a year ago I got meditate as my 1st shiny.
Since then I've caught a 1 and seen another.
Keep hope alive anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 400x384px
>>29919966
>played since gen 1
>mfw I recently found out rock resists poison
>>
>>29919966
Have you tried using any of the shiny hunting methods?

Even then, my first ever shiny encounter was a tentacool in Crystal. I found it while surfing next to New Bark Town. Stupid 10 year old me thought it was a glitch and immediately shut my game off cause I didn't wanna corrupt my save file. Years later I found out that I had made the dumbest mistake of my life that day.
>>
>>29921492
>samefag here

My first every shiny CATCH was a wild Watchog in W2. I think it's still sitting in my box in that game.
>>
I didn't know Qwilfish existed until like gen 4.
>>
>>29921365
Nigga what?
Why would you doubt he's played that much?

I have 900 hours just on X alone. If I added up all my Pokemon playtime across the years it'd probably be like 3000 hours.
>>
>>29919966
>tfw JUST caught a shiny Cloyster
just walk around in the grass for a while dude shiny Pokemon are in there
>>
>>29921416
... What the fuck
Same here, I guess.
>>
>>29921958
For some odd reason I thought he meant sense fighting against Red in SM.
>>
File: staring into the horizon.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
staring into the horizon.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>29922007
literally fucking lying

lemme tell ya a story kid. First shiny I ever saw was a lvl 6 Sandsherew in the Union cave back in god knows how long ago. I had precisely one great ball and I had no idea what the fuck was that grey weird Sandsherew. Was it a bug? How could I know? But I wanted it. And I obviously didnt get it. I kept looking for weeks, months, in the same place because my child's brain could not let go. Then There was the red Gyarados and after many years I would learn about Shinies properly. I never had any other goddamn Shiny since.
>>
>>29919966
Gen 6 makes it unbelievably easy. I caught 6 shiny Gulpins looking for a shiny Scraggy. I caught 2 shiny Dittos just training on a really good friend safari with Audinos.
>>
File: chu.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
chu.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>29922007
I found a shiny crobat yesterday
>>
4 shiny shinxes in Gen IV from chaining (no good natures), one random shiny sandshrew in B2, a couple random shinies from Friend Safaris in XY, no chained DexNav shinies, an accidentally chained (~12 in) shiny Zubat while lazily EV training last night in Moon

You need to try harder, OP.
>>
>>29922168
Does Crobat ever appear in the wild?
>>
File: crobat.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
crobat.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
>>29922204
Shit, i mean golbat.
>>
>>29921958
Well fuck, I spent nearly 2200 hours on plat alone
>>
I got a shiny Beautifly and Golbat in my most recent Ruby playthrough. That's all tho.
>>
>>29922262
How does it feel having spent roughly 137 days worth of waking hours on the same video game?
>>
>>29920036
>been playing since Red
>beat GSC first and every game since
>never actually beat Red
>beat FireRed
>still not enough to remove the guilt
>>
>>29922320
Well I mean not horrible, I had a lot of fun back then with irl friends trading and battling, had little LAN parties and shit for years, BW came out and plat still went on until BW2 came out
>>
Same scenario, only one shiny zubat. it had a great nature!
>>
From what I have read, chaining calls for help from mon in gen 7 should break that run, with any luck. Get yourself a decent false swiper and prepare for a wait in one fight.
>>
>>29919966
Just do chain fishing or run around in friend safari
>>
File: 1475939506628.jpg (336KB, 1125x750px) Image search: [Google]
1475939506628.jpg
336KB, 1125x750px
>>29922375
Same, Gen 4 was the high point of Pokemon for me. I had lots of friends who played then, and we'd have Battle Revolution set up for people who wanted to battle while others traded and EV-trained or helped eachother get what they wanted off the GTS.

I also got all my friends to fill up the Pokemon Ranch to get Mew. Good times, glad to hear someone else has fun memories of Platinum.
>>
>lost my first two shinies to poorly-managed Action Replay abuse while underageb&

Sure, I've gotten plenty of others since then, but I'm never getting that Onix or Raichu back, and it hurts.
>>
>>29922490
That was pretty much this same very experience for me, and my love for pokemon will never die due to experiences like this, glad comfy times were had anon
>>
>>29919966
I'm in the same boat anon. I don't particularly care, most shinies aren't that great, but it is weird how I've been playing Pokemon for so long and still haven't found one.
>>
Ever since I made my living Pokedex during the DPPT era, I've encountered shiny Pokemon on a more regular basis. EV training would always seem to net me at least one when I had the charm. I even caught a few in ORAS without even noticing.
>>
>>29919966
I got a shiny once.

It was an unown.

A fucking unown.
>>
My only wild Shiny was in Silver. It was one of the Voltorbs that pretends to be an item until you try to pick it up. It was the first one I'd encountered in that gen. I thought the different colors and sparkle was to indicate that it was a different because it was pretending to be an item. Didn't catch it.

I've hatched a few shinies, though
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.