[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: battle tree.png (341KB, 1425x575px) Image search: [Google]
battle tree.png
341KB, 1425x575px
Was the Battle Tree an improvement over the Battle Tower/Subway/Maison?
>>
>>29910606
Yeah I'd rather face these guys than literal whos, not to mention it's the 20th anniversary so it's all supposed to come together.
>>
>>29910606
I believe so. Allowing the opponents to use Z Moves and Megas makes things a lot more interesting. The amount of cameos was a disappointment, though.
>>
>>29910606
The tree is the same as the Maison but with some older characters thrown in.

Ony slightly better if you care about those characters. The main mechanics are the same so...
>>
>>29910606
Better than the Battle Maison/Tower. On par with the Battle Frontiers and worse than PWT.
>>
>>29910606
No clone can beat the subway.
>>
>>29911262
>worse than PWT
If you mean in terms of flavor/hype, yeah. In terms of battle facility the PWT was awful. You spend more time in intros/outros than playing and 3 rounds means it's a trivial facility.
>>
>>29911281
>No clone can beat the Battle Frontier
>>
>>29911302
Yeah, I meant flavor wise. PWT doesn't even takes the same amount of effort to complete compared to the other facilities.
>>
>>29911407
It's sad that this one really had the potential to be even better than PWT in that sense, but they dropped the ball. I think it's the best Battle Tower we've had so far, though.

>>29911313
He's referring to Battle Tower clones. Other Battle Frontier facilities aren't clones.

>>29911281
What makes subway so special? It's definitely better than the souless Maison, but I don't see why it's considered so much better than other tower clones.
>>
>>29911546
>What makes subway so special?
I like trains
>>
>>29911546
It really didn't have the potential. All they had to do was port over some shitty sprites in gen 5. In gen 7 they have to make a whole model and animation for the trainer.
>>
>>29911407
Even then I'd consider PWT better

Remixed themes, fastest BP grind AND half bp item costs in bw2 was perfect
>>
>>29911568
DON'T
>>
>>29911313
I was talking about the battle tower, you mong.
>>
>>29911665
Shitty battle facility. Amazing theme. Convenient shop.
>>
Emerald BF > Platinum BF > PWT > Subway > Tower > Tree > Maison
>>
If it had triples it'd be the best battle tower. But alas, the framerate.
>>
Yeah

The Tree is the best post-game facility behind PWT and Battle Factory
>>
>>29910606
>no triples
It's worse
>>
I have heard that the random trainer pool is very limited, is this true?
>>
>>29911762
>Tower above anything
It's literally the Maison/Subway/Tree but without anything to make it unique or interesting
>>
>>29910606
how do you scout these trainers, especially the new and improved qt anabel
>>
>>29912381
To be fair there's nothing unique or interesting about the Maison either
>>
>>29912403
Morgan is very cute
>>
>>29910606
Only problem with the battle tree is that UBs are allowed, making it almost too easy
>>
>>29913191
ubs have a bst of 570
>>
>>29913340
>BST = how good a Pokemon is and not what the actual stats are
Stop this meme.
>>
>>29911281
>>29911546
The Subway has the most personality. I loved it.

>>29911302
It had a tonne of modes like Mono Type and Rental Battles. Also, an advantage of the gym leaders is you got to choose which pool of types your opponents were going to choose.
>>
Gen 4 Frontier > PWT > Gen 3 Frontier > Subway = Tree >>> DP Tower > Maison >>> RS Tower
>>
>>29913640
I can definitely agree that Subway oozed personality.

Also: yeah, PWT had a lot of cool stuff. If only it was organized like a battle facility, allowing you to get streaks and face stronger and stronger trainers it would be perfect.
>>
>>29910606
>just maison with a small amount of characters from previous games
uhh, a step above battle tower and maison, worse than PWT and frontier though

>removing triple and rotation battles
oh well, nobody but 10 people played them
>>
>>29910633
Who's representing gen 2?
>>
>>29915090
Red and Blue because Johto is just a Kanto annex with no independence that doesn't even have its own League
>>
>>29910606
Who are the two characters between Sina and Colress?
>>
>>29915174
Anabel and Grimsley
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.