[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nerf the legendary dogs >nerf mega milf >nerf bravest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_7433.jpg (151KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7433.jpg
151KB, 750x1334px
>nerf the legendary dogs
>nerf mega milf
>nerf bravest bird
>nerf gengar
>nerf -ate abilities
>completely fuck all the Alola mons' stats up

>leave the genies completely alone

Isn't the meta come January utterly and irreversibly fucked? Landorus STILL shits all over EVERYTHING.
>>
>>29906337
git gud
>>
Wtf is mega milf? Are talking about gardevoir? How is she a milf?
>>
>>29906381
How new are you, really? Fucking underage shitter
>>
>>29906381
They're talking about Mega Mom. Khanguskhan. Now her little baby does 1/4 damage rather than 1/2.
>>
>>29906337
>Gamefreak care about the competitive metagame
This is the biggest joke of all, OP.
>>
>>29906337
Genies got Inner Focus
>>
>>29906337
Wrong, Thundurus got nerfed with the confusion nerf. And nobody cares about Tornadus.
>>
>-ate abilities nerfed
source where
>>
>>29906337
How did they nerf -ate abilities again? They still boost the power of the moves whose type they alter. Liquid Voice seems to be the only that doesn't follow that trend
>>
>Primal Groudon still required to even compete at tournament level
>Mega Rayquaza literally the most powerful thing in existence
>Deoxys gets diddly squat
>Arceus gets diddly squat
>>
>>29906534
They boost 1.2 instead of 1.3.
>>
But did Raichu get Surf?
>>
>>29906337
The legendary dogs' HAs were never officially released anyway. Nothing says they'll actually release them this gen either.
>>
>>29906567
>implying Groudon and Rayquaza will ever be legal again
>>
File: 1390605814584.gif (676KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1390605814584.gif
676KB, 500x381px
>>29906337
>Using it makes wild Pokémon more likely to call for help. If held by a Pokémon, it boosts Speed when intimidated. It can be used only once.
>Swagger, Thunder Wave, confusion, paralysis and burns all nerfed
What do you suppose Game Freak meant by this?
>>
>29906337
>29906627
>Legendary dogs
Not giving you any (You)'s.
>>
File: 1473692148084.jpg (417KB, 1284x1190px) Image search: [Google]
1473692148084.jpg
417KB, 1284x1190px
>>
>>29906730
Has there ever been another set of legendaries who so obnoxiously poisoned the metagame at such a wildly disproportionate comparison to their relevance in their actual generation's narrative?
>>
>>29906730
Thank you genies!
Ubers ban when
>>
>>29906763
P-Groudon/Kyogre?Everyone ran them in VGC.
>>
>>29906763
If you count VGC 2010 and 2016 allowing broken legends, yeah
>>
>>29906567
How the fuck did you people miss that VGC '17 is Alola dex only?
>>
they did nerf thundurus

the point about landorus stands though
>>
remove genies
>>
You guys are basically the equivalent of MTG players complaining that new cards can't ALL compete with old cards.

They're different environments. They're designed for in-game / VGC (Limited / Standard) and you are mad they're not designed for Smogon Singles (Legacy).
>>
File: pepe has questions.png (6KB, 411x387px) Image search: [Google]
pepe has questions.png
6KB, 411x387px
Why is landorus so strong?
>>
>>29906337
I just went to check since I was praying Lando took some kind of hit this gen.

Of all things they chose to nerf, it looks like Sheer Force was not among them.
>>
>>29907048
I don't know what any of that fucking gay ass faggot card game shit is but I get your point

But, I want to make a counterpoint

Both Gamefreak and whoever the fuck make Magic the Gathering have been in the industry for a LONG time now; they are the paragons of what they do. They more than anyone else should know what makes their game fun, should want to get as many people as possible into it, and as such, want and know how to balance it. It's absolutely wildly hypocritical to feed people the whole moral "Oh every Pokemon is important!" trite bullshit via the TV show and then make literally about 8 Pokemon metagame-viable. I want to see some creativity, I want to see some unexpected favourites fucking shit up. The metagame has been centralized around Psychic types, then Steel types, then fucking Salamance, then weather wars, then fucking Megas, then Priority...never has the metagame NOT been unenjoyably skewed to one very specific playstyle with very simple solutions which are then unusuably nerfed at the beginning of the next generation only for some equally inane gimmick to rule the competitive scene for the next four fucking years.

ALL I WANT IS FOR THE GAME TO BE AS OPEN AND FUN AS IT PRETENDS IT IS
>>
>>29906337
Agreed. Also miffed that they nerfed all that stuff but did nothing to nerf/assist removal/offer an alternative to sneaky pebbles.
>>
>>29906569
WHERE? HOW? WHEN?

Prove plsssssss
>>
>>29906633
They'll probably be legal in VGC 19 or 20 before the jump to gen 8.
>>
>>29906763
Tapus will be even worse in VGC17.
>>
>>29906815
>to their relevance in their actual generation's narrative?
lrn 2 read
>>
>>29906337
gamefreak are retarded. plain and simple
>>
>>29907239
tl;dr

Pokémon isn't competitive anyway. It's s kids game about catching them all.
>>
File: 1479066259253.png (168KB, 654x576px) Image search: [Google]
1479066259253.png
168KB, 654x576px
>>29906381
>she
>Gardevoir
>>
>>29908061
Gamefreak themselves have been trying to stress the meta. VGC, but still.
>>
>>29906663
So what pokemon is a speed boost away from fucking Lando up 100% of the time? I mean, I'd love for this to be a reliable anti-Lando strat, but I'm just not seeing it
>>
>>29906337
>Isn't the meta come January utterly and irreversibly fucked?
>playing singles
>not vgc doubles
Genies aren't even legal.
>>
>>29908425
Which confuses me why they dont sightly push the starters competitively. They're meant to be marketable, being used competitively would help that
>>
>>29909079
Gamefreak is just unforgivably stupid and can't balance stats.

I mean, quick glass cannons and bulky tanks are basic fucking concepts everyone understands. But what do we get? Slow glass cannons. What the fuck.
>>
>>29909079
Because IKUZE
>>
File: Misty_Starmie_anime.png (1MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Misty_Starmie_anime.png
1MB, 1174x881px
Say hi to the new king of OU
>>
>>29906567
>still being retarded
>>
>>29906775
>Ubers
None of the genies are Ubers.
>>
>>29907048
Are sliver decks still broken? I haven't played MtG since that time frame.
>>
>>29909111
Slow glass cannons are still a workable and fairly common thing. You just have to either give them tools or stats to survive. They also probably feel less bad to play against, since getting swept by a fast glass cannon and never getting to do anything is never fun.
>>
>>29909397
>tools or stats to survive
In pokemon, these are high defensive stats. Which makes them a tank, not a glass cannon.

>It's super fun for the pokemon to be useless against more properly balanced pokemon.
No.
>>
>>29908718
Tapu Bulu, Grassy terrain halves the power of Earthquake and grants regen/boosted grass moves to grounded Pokémon. Tapu Bulu can tank almost everything Landorus-T throws at it except Sludge Bomb I think and hit back with a powerful Wood hammer, or just swap to a partner that loves the decreased Earthquake damage.
>>
>>29907080
He has a variety of uses, so he has a place on many teams, there's nothing overpowered about him
>>
>>29909111
If anything, I feel like they focused too much on bulk for some of them. Like why did Decidueye need 100 special defense? How does that help it at all? Incineroar is actually okay in terms of bulk but the typing sucks for being bulky. Primarina is just really standard special nuke with decent special defense, but for something that looks like it'd support your allies, it doesn't have much in terms of a support movepool.
>>
>>29909455
Except that would require a specific situation like both players opening with Bulu and Landorus, or Bulu knocking a Pokémon and the opponent only having Landorus left
I mean, who the hell would bring in Landorus onto Bulu? Unless they're running a mixed Choice Scarf set with Sludge Bomb, which might become the norm just to counter the Tapus
Choice Scarf Landorus would outspeed Bulu even if Bulu was Jolly and Landorus neutral
-1 Wood Hammer under Grassy Terrain is a 2HKO, even Landorus with a Defense hindering nature and Bulu without the Intimidate drop it is still a 2HKO I believe, while a Lonely Landorus without Sp. Atk investment does get the OHKO with Sludge Bomb
If any Tapu could make use of the Adrenaline Orb to specifically counter Landorus-T that would be Fini, she gives no fucks about Intimidate, could even survive a Specs Sludge Bomb without defensive investment (although who the hell would run that on Landorus-T) and fucks Landorus back with Scald, but then again who would dare bring Landorus with Fini on the field?
>>
>>29909330
idiot
>>
>>29909455
>>29910163
Wait no, forget my retarded calcs, the fucking damage calculator factors in Intimidate without changing the Attack stat level, Bulu would still not be able to knock Landorus with Intimidate up tho
>>
Are the orbs required for primal reversion for Groudon/Kyogre even in the game? I think we should check this out, because it could've been dropped like half the mega evos
>>
remove the genies
>>
>>29906337
retarded mobileposter screenshotting his own posts
>>
>>29907239
>never has the metagame NOT been unenjoyably skewed to one very specific playstyle with very simple solutions which are then unusuably nerfed at the beginning of the next generation only for some equally inane gimmick to rule the competitive scene for the next four fucking years.
>ALL I WANT IS FOR THE GAME TO BE AS OPEN AND FUN AS IT PRETENDS IT IS
Oh, shit, man.
This.
And it's not just the anime that does the whole "every mon is special" thing. The games do it too.

Megas and the Fairy type buffing some old favourites was a good first step, but they still managed to make some of those far, far more relevant than others (not to mention how the Kanto starters got Megas, but not the Kalos starters we actually started our journey with).

Z-Moves have potential, but the HO attack Z-Moves are all better off being used by actual powerful Pokemon.
Take Catastropika:
>252 SpA Pikachu Catastropika vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 111-132 (15.5 - 18.4%) -- possible 6HKO
>252 SpA Life Orb Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 64-75 (8.9 - 10.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Compare that to, let's say, Thundurus:
>252 SpA Thundurus Gigavolt Havoc (Thunder) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 171-202 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- 95.8% chance to 4HKO
You're still hopelessly walled by Blissey (whom I'm using so not everything is a OHKO/2HKO), but you're objectively better off using Thundurus over Pikachu.

Game Freak's attempts at balance are fucking pitiful. You want to make all Pokemon relevant? Maybe reward us for using underpowered Pokemon. Maybe introduce some kind of Limit Break system, where Pokemon go Totem mode when they're completely outclassed. Maybe give weaker Pokemon access to a wider variety of moves?
>>
>>29910425
The Megas weren't dropped, they're part of the National Pokedex, which isn't in the game.

Yet. The Alolan Pokedex text files have huge gaps between entries that correspond to the National mons, so it's possible they'll be added after January.
>>
>>29907895
At least the Tapus aren't ugly.
>>
>>29911362
>comparing with Life Orb Pikachu
>not Light Ball Pikachu
Shit, nigga, what are you doing?
>>
>>29911656
Oh shit, man. My bad.
>252+ SpA Light Ball Pikachu Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 105-124 (14.7 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO
Still terrible and outclassed by the genies, though.
>>
>>29911362
So if you're using an underevolved against a fully evolved, a boost to your better attacking stat and a boost to your better defensive stat?
>>
>>29911640
>>>>>>>>>>>>tapus aren't ugly
>>
>>29911753
>every Pokemon is important
>>
>>29909349
Slivers are the most casual thing ever.
>>
>>29911753
The point flew over your head.

How exactly do Z moves buff weaker Pokémon when they're better off being done by something better? That was the signature Z move for Pikachu and it's weaker than a normal electric Z move from Thundurus.
>>
>>29910326
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T in Grassy Terrain: 184-217 (111.5 - 131.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Where in the world did you get 2hit? Unless Lando invests in bulk Bulu destroys it.
>>
>>29912169
I think the assumption was Adrenaline Orb Tapu Bulu, not CB.
>>
>>29906463
No, that were the beasts
>>
>>29906499
what did he mean by this
>>
>>29912927
I saw but I have no idea why it would use the adrenaline orb just for Landorus, Bulu just being around forces Landurus to forgo it's usual moveset for a poison move and would have to go special or mixed just for Bulu. Not to mention the fact that it's main move Earthquake gets cut in half whenever Bulu comes in.
>>
>>29911362
Yeah, exactly.

Now, look, I get it. Baby Pokemon cannot be as strong as standard Pokemon, which in turn can't or shouldn't always be as powerful as fully evolved Pokemon. Fine.

But give them SOMETHING. Eviolite is fucking great because it means Porygon2 AND Porygon-Z are viable. Dusclops AND Dusknoir are VIABLE. Sure, inevitably one is going to be """better""" in the metagame but they're both able to function like they can compete. There are hundreds of Pokemon like Charmeleon, Poliwrath, Pikachu even that get nothing. Middle forms have no reason to exist unless they're tanky. Z-Forms are a great IDEA but like Megas they only give unique (i.e. viable) ones to a very select few Pokemon (literally fucking 8?!) I'm not saying make every Pokemon equal; far from it. If you want to use a team of Weedles, you should have to struggle to find a way to win. But you should be able to get halfway there. One Mega per team, one Z-Move per team, maybe a defensive Eviolite and offensive Eviolite. Just something that doesn't render half the entire franchise laughably useless.
>>
>>29913751
>Not six specs weedle
>>
>-ate abilities
Can someone explain what these are?
>>
>>29908718
Mamoswine, Icicle Spear breaks Focus Sashes and landing 3 hits guarantees a OHKO
>>
>>29906337
Intimidate itself got a stealth nerf in the form of the Adrenaline Orb item keying off of it specifically to give the affected Pokemon a speed boost. What a fucking useless nerf.
>>
>>29914565
Aerialate, Pixellate, Refridgerate
>>
>>29909191
The last pokemon from gen 1 that's only gotten stronger each gen.
>>
>>29917231
>stronger each gen
It's been in freefall since Gen V. Greninja will be back in OU for Gen VII too, which will crush Starmie's usage again.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.