[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver > N > Blue/Green > Gladion > Hugh > Wally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: rivalspokemon.png (416KB, 629x345px) Image search: [Google]
rivalspokemon.png
416KB, 629x345px
Silver > N > Blue/Green > Gladion > Hugh > Wally = Hau > Barry > Cheren > Brendan/May > Bianca > Calem/Serena > The joke trio
>>
>>29905630
Hau and Gladion are terrible rivals. It's ok to like their characters and all, but they just are not cut for that role.

I don't even think they were designed with being your rivals in mind.
>>
>>29905630
Trevor, Tierno and Shauna ARENT rivals

When will people learn that
>>
I can't even be bothered processing all that but I'm sure it's wrong
>>
>>29905630
I basically agree with this although I'd put Wally and Hugh lower.
>>
File: Rivals and Companions.png (20KB, 833x407px) Image search: [Google]
Rivals and Companions.png
20KB, 833x407px
>>29905630
>>29905664
>>
>>29905630
WTF? Why are putting rivals and friends in the same comparison? dumbass
>>
Barry a best
>>
>>29905748
N is the real rival in BW, though. Cheren is decent as rival, yeah, but Bianca is the same as Sana, a girl who just wants to have fun
>>
>>29906275
Yes, i think Cheren is kinda like Serena, rival and friend, and Bianca is like Shauna, just a friend. I like both situations, friends are nice and rivals too, only one of them is kinda vague.

MYLIST (i don't played SUNMOON yet) :

Pure rival:
>blue (mixed in the end)
>silver
>n

Mixed:
>all mc
>barry
>cheren
>hugh

Friend:
>wally
>bianca
>shauna
>trevor
>tierno
>>
>>29906275
Which ones do you rebattle at the end of the game?

Cheren (daily) and Bianca (weekends)

They're the rivals
>>
>>29906614
>that extraordinary argument
wow, end of conversation, guys
>>
Silver had good character development but was as weak as the XY Rivals and Brendan/May
>>
>>29906486
REAL rival
>Green
>Silver
>Wally
>Barry
>N
>Hugh
>Serena/Calem
>Gladion

>friends
>Lyra/Ethan
>May/Brendan
>Dawn/Lucas
>Cheren and Bianca
>Sana, Trevor, Tierno
>Hau
>>
>>29905630
>N that fucking high
Get AIDS and die faggot
>>
>>29906779
lillie isn't our friend?
>>
Blue > Barry > Silver > everyone else > N > Wally
>>
>>29905630
Take Silver off the top and put him below Barry and sure!
>>
>>29905630
Please explain to me how Calem/Serena are better than Trevor, Tierno and Shauana.

Seeing their whiny ass pop up randomly, begging to battle and face palming when they lost was depressing as fuck. All they did was talk about how ashamed they were and how they were such a disappointment to their parents and slit their wrists once I left. Annoying as fuck.

At least the other three were positive and didn't make me want to put down the game. Hearing them go on about dancing or the Pokedex was boring but nowhere near as cringey as "ill never be as good as you anon!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>29905630
actually, good list
>>
>>29905630
Silver > Barry > ORAS May/Brendan > Wally > Hugh > Bianca > Cheren > Blue > Tierno > Shuana > Trevor > Calem/Serena

Dawn/Lucas > Ethan/Lyra

Haven't played SM yet. N's not a rival.
>>
>>29906884
I'm talking about trainers, dude.
>>
File: Hugh.png (300KB, 458x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh.png
300KB, 458x1200px
>>29905630
What was he so mad about?
>>
>>29905660
Gladius literally says he wants you as a rival all to himself in title defense.
>>
>>29905630
N isn't a rival, retard. And if even if he was, you have some serious shit taste to put a mary sue near the top.
>>
Silverfags are the worst
>>
>>29906884
No, she is our girlfriend.
>>
>>29905630
>Wally = Hau

No. Move him to at least around May and Bianca, fuck friendly rivals, and his team was shit too. And fuck the fact that we had no traditional rival in Gen VII (traditional in the sense that they pick the traditional starter compared to yours). Gladion is alright though despite not having a starter.
>>
>>29907305
I can already tell you're gonna hate Hau.
>>
>>29907497
Hau gets cucked by everyone
even the guy who doesn't even love you
>>
>>29907496
Team Plasma stole his sister's Purrloin and he's fucking pissed. I would have figured that was easy to figure out since that's his entire motivation as a character.
>>
>[x] isn't a REEEAL rival!
>3D World isn't a TRUE 3D Mario!

What did they meme by this?
>>
Cheren and Bianca are real rivals. Cheren even has more distinct battles against you than any other rival, hell probably any other character in the whole series.
>>
>>29907709
There are people who claim to be Scotsmen despite not meeting the qualifications for it.
>>
They're all rivals in their own way, just different archetypes. There are no "official guidelines" for what makes a rival or a friend. Stop following everything Bulbapedo makes up.
>>
>>29907629
Hau doesn't ever angst, though.
>>
>>29907497
Gladius is gay for you confirmed
>>
>>29906741
Yes it is, actually.
>>
File: 1466355895359.jpg (53KB, 632x398px) Image search: [Google]
1466355895359.jpg
53KB, 632x398px
>>29907709
3D World isn't a true 3D Mario in the way 3D Mario fans want their games to be.

3D Land and 3D World are 2D level design philosophies adapted into 3D (follow a linear path and get to the flagpole, sometimes fighting a boss at the end of a linear path instead), as opposed to traditional 3D Mario level design (multiple objectives within a single level, various goals to accomplish like platforming/solving puzzles/fighting bosses with various methods/collecting items/misc. instead of being limited to platforming and the occasional boss that is always defeated by jumping on it, objectives sometimes being obsuficated and forcing you to explore instead of always being a linear path to follow).

I like 3D World, but it's not a 3D Mario game at heart, it's a 2D Mario game put into a 3D engine. This isn't a bad thing, and I usually prefer 2D Mario to 3D Mario also SMB3 > SMW while I'm discussing tastes, but it should be easily understood why it's not what 3D Mario fans are looking for. Fortunately a lot of Mario fans like both the 2D and 3D games so they still enjoy 3D World.
>>
>>29907841
everyone wants the MC
it's like Skyrim
others will be attracted by your strength
>>
>>29907877
Aka Daisyfags on suicide watch:the game.
>>
>>29907805
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29905031/
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29893185/
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29428091/
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29312916/
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29807889/

Whereas Calem/Serena made players annoyed because they accepted loss and were angsty about everything, Hau annoys players because he accepts loss and is irritatingly happy about it and everything else, developing even less than they did as a character and having nothing to show for it by the end of the game but a cuck award for being cucked from being the true rival/stronger starter/Lillie.

There are two extremes in the spectrum, was the point.
>>
File: 1470345466397.png (62KB, 218x386px) Image search: [Google]
1470345466397.png
62KB, 218x386px
>>29907949
I'm not sure how that was a reply to anything I said in that post.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.