[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>only make less 100 new pokemon for generation >make half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: ghost.png (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ghost.png
99KB, 500x500px
>only make less 100 new pokemon for generation
>make half of them have 0.001% encounter rate or unobtainable until postgame
>make most of them utter garbage as well
What the fuck were GF thinking? This is even more gen 1.5 than GSC was.
>>
>Make new Pokemon unobtainable until post-game
sinnoh confirmed
>>
>>29904839
I blame Pokémon Go
>>
>>29904839
>make most of them garbage

Johor confirmed?
>>
>>29906115
???

That makes no sense. They had no way of predicting go's impact.

The real answer is the game sales have been steadily declining with each generation, with none of them selling as well as gen 1 did. They are desperately trying to gain that audience back.
>>
>>29906178
XY outsold Gen 5, and bruh, Pokémon is still a huge sucess. The worst selling pokémon is still considered a massive sucess by vydia standards
>>
>>29906324
Coincidence that X&Y also started open gen 1 pandering?
>>
>>29904839
got jolly mimikyu after 1 hour of SR
>>
the amount of new pokemon isn't the problem, the problem, as OP says, is that they are way too rare early on.

not only that, but unlike XY when you were seeing classic pokemon in the new 3D modelling style for the first time with the awesome animations, there's no joy in meeting old pokemon in this game. it adds up to the whole thing feeling stale.

i personally prefer the BW idea of an entirely new-only dex for a region but now that we're 3d I doubt we ever see that again.
>>
>>29906178
>The real answer is the game sales have been steadily declining with each generation, with none of them selling as well as gen 1 did.
Part of this is because handheld console sales have been steadily decreasing as well, and while Pokemon was clearly demonstrated not to be a fad it still had a massive popularity drop after Gen II.
>>
>>29906408
BW and BW2 were panned. ALL normies hate it. BW2 sold poorly. So they rebooted the franchise with X and Y by cranking up the genwun pandering to 11.

You'd also have to be a seriously daft idiot to not think GF is fully aware that the genwun audience is a gold mine of nostalgia manipulation. Yeah lets release a Pokemon game for MOBILE thats genwun only, to see if it will do good........
>>
>>29904966
>>29906166
honestly SM takes the bad ideas of those two and jam them together
>>
>>29906178
Actually sales have been completely stable since gen 3

every first pair of games in each gen has sold ~14 million since then, and even ORAS sold 10 million
>>
>>29906536
if they're after the 'genwun' (hate that term) audience so much why don't they supply things that the older nostalgia audience would like such as a challenge or not making a shoehorned story with dialogue out of a cartoon for 6 year olds?
>>
>>29906656
The older audience isn't the audience that played every game till this point.

It's the ones who picked it up because everyone else had it.
>>
>>29906656
Genwunners don't actually want "challenge". Just the existence of Abilities and Phys/Spec Split makes their heads hurt. They started complaining about how "complicated" Pokemon was becoming from R/S/E.
>>
>>29904839
>>only make less 100 new pokemon for generation

>only

They made too much new Pokémon, if you ask me.
>>
>>29907823
It's players like you that would hold new Pokemon games back from being as good as they could be if you had the choice. Why would you want to use the same old mons every game?
>>
>>29906178
Gen 6 is just like 3 millions short of gen 1.
>>
>>29907879
its not that its just we have so fucking many already
>>
>mfw that fucking nugget bridge scene

God, I knew that this gen was all about genwun pandering but god, this shit is starting to feel like fucking gen 1.5 now.
>>
>>29904839
>is uninformed as shit and prejudges things based on 0% knowledge

OP you are truely a faggot once again.
>>
>>29908029
explain
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.