[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I literally can't. I can't have ANOTHER fucking Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

I literally can't. I can't have ANOTHER fucking Pokémon game with this much gen 1 pandering. I don't want my teams to be composed of old Pokémon again, like X/Y, since, like Sun and Moon, it only has a handful of new monsters that are gimmicky and / or part of very specific types that don't mesh well together (good luck having a team with only X/Y 'mons).

As someone who doesn't like to transfer Pokémon from one gen to another, who likes to always use the local Pokédex, it pains me when Game Freak decides to add Pikachu and gen 1 mons back to new games.

I feel exhausted whenever I see a picture of gen 1 monsters in the new game, even with their "different forms". Some of you would say "just use the new monsters!" but to think that trainers will be using Alola versions of gen 1 mons and the same old shit from other gens (which aren't nearly as bad to look at, but have been ruined by too much exposure as well), put in areas that don't make sense at all, makes me sad.

They fucking ruined the identity of Kalos region by having 50 monsters appear in each route, with no thought or care. X/Y felt like those fan games that just randomly drop old pokémon in random routes.

The lack of meaningful post-game, ONCE AGAIN, doesn't help either.

I can't be the only one here that is extremely sad about all of this, right? I'm not even trying to say I won't buy the game or something as drastic as that, but it seems they have been testing my tolerance for bullshit the past few years.
>>
File: 1452672861946.png (118KB, 192x314px) Image search: [Google]
1452672861946.png
118KB, 192x314px
look at my waifu tho
>>
>>29903405
The GF drones will tell you to shut the fuck up and like the game without telling you why, or worse, defend the lack of new Pokémon by saying something asinine like "there's too many" or something to that effect.
>>
File: lillie9.jpg (55KB, 500x680px) Image search: [Google]
lillie9.jpg
55KB, 500x680px
>>29903425
Lillie is cute! CUTE!
>>
>>29903454
This. Afaik, most REAL fans actually want MORE Pokemon.
>>
I wouldn't say it "ruins the game", but I also prefer having mostly new Pokémon to use. However, blame the larger fantasy, who recoiled at Gen 3 and Gen 5's abundance of new Pokémon in their Regional Dexes. The games that include old Pokémon sell better and we're gonna have to try to make Gamefreak aware that there is a sizeable portion of their fantasy that prefers new Pokémon and single format.

Good luck with that though since most of you are piratefags anyway.
>>
>>29903533
Fanbase* not fantasy. No wonder people hate phoneposters. Autocorrect is shit.
>>
>>29903518
>>29903454

OP here, I desperately want more Pokémon. Yes, Gen V had problems, sure, but it was a breath of fresh air when I didn't know what to expect in the next grass patch. Again, it had problems, too many Pokémon that filled the same jobs of old Pokémon, but it was SOMETHING.
>>
>>29903533
This. Gen 1 just sells better always, the only way you could convince GF otherwise is by showing more support for the new gen by buying it and only it and refusing to buy or love older gens.
>>
>>29903533
>>29903592

On top of that, things like Pokémon Go only help perpetuate the idea that Gen 1 is the only thing that sells. God, I wonder if Pokémon is still the game for me...
>>
>>29903405
the biggest let downs are that they didn't fix the frame rate, the game is still way too easy, and 90% of the new pokemon just suck design and function wise.
>>
>get to little fence with gate
>press A
>screen goes black for 3-4 seconds
>appear on the other side

Still can't get over this shit
>>
>>29903758

That was one of the reasons I stopped playing the demo. I couldn't take how compartmentalized the game world was this time around.
>>
>>29903592
Except that if we do that, we're telling them that all this gen one pandering in the game is exactly what we want. Problem is, the pandering is so pervasive now that there's no product we can buy that actually tells them that we want new stuff and not more gen one pandering.
>>
>>29903575
But that's the problem Game Freak has time and again been shown they need the old mons to guarantee a good return. Also maybe it's just me but I thought it was easy to get at least a good team of six for XY. And for Sun and Moon I've been able to create a team in mind for each starter with there only being one old mon on each with those in question being Alola forms I really wanted to use.
>>
>>29903405
This. I wouldn't mind if they chose to pander to gen 2 or something instead, but we already had Kanto 2.0 in Kalos, at least choose the returning pokemon based on how well they'd fit in a tropical setting rather than a shallow popularity contest. If they really want to put in fecking pikachu then make it actually slightly hidden away rather than bloody everywhere.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.