[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is fighting not effective vs bug? Wouldn't fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: onepunchman-review02-008.gif (1MB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
onepunchman-review02-008.gif
1MB, 540x250px
Why is fighting not effective vs bug? Wouldn't fighting moves be really good for squashing bugs?
>>
>>29903318
Ever try punching a bug?
>>
>>29903372
i've slapped many a mosquito, yes
>>
>>29903372
Yeah, it normally OHKOs them.
>>
>>29903389
Double slap is a normal move you cuck
>>
try to punch a fly
>>
>>29903409
Maybe he used Wake Up Slap.
>>
kamen rider
>>
>>29903409
Arm Thrust isn't though
>>
>>29903318
they have a exoskeleton and shit man
>>
>>29903318
It's a reference to the fighting/meditation technique of trying to catch a fly with chopsticks, a nearly impossible task. So fighters have a hard time dealing with bugs.

Just like how Fighting is weak to FLYING as a reference to "fight or flight" and the belief that the greatest battle is the one not fought, so flying (running) is better than fighting.
>>
File: ss+(2016-11-14+at+09.13.07).png (21KB, 556x250px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-11-14+at+09.13.07).png
21KB, 556x250px
>>29903525
wrong, this is fighting vs flying
>>
>>29903525
No.
Ever try punching a bird. It's not that deep hun.
>>
>>29903318
The same reason why Psychic is resistant to Fighting. Fighting types are just normal types with martial art training. So when it tries to hit a bug, the bug just steps aside to avoid it, like what a Psychic type would do.
>>
File: its not very effective.jpg (467KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
its not very effective.jpg
467KB, 940x545px
>>29903318
If it helps, Bug is treated more as the "Hivemind/Group" type. You could squash one bug, sure, but even Chuck Norris couldn't take on a swarm of 1,000,000 angry bees at once.

You also can't trick (Dark) or read the minds of (Psychic) a hivemind either.
>>
>>29903596
but you only ever fight one bug pokemon at a time so there is no hive mind
>>
>>29903318
Have you ever tried to kill a fly with your bare hands?
>>
>>29903619
Well aware of that, but that's the "reasoning" behind it.
>>
>>29903372
no but I kicked one and it got squashed
>>
>>29903651
No, you just made that up.
>>
Why doesn't ice beat water like in almost every other game?
>>
>>29903318
The idea is that Bug is a fear type, and most people are hesitant to touch them. I imagine being hesitant to touch something messes with your concentration to execute martial arts moves.
>>
>>29903566
That seems like what a normal type would do, too.
>>
>>29903701
Honestly, I've seen that same reason brought up before as to why Psychic and Dark are weak to Bug, and Bug resists Fighting and Poison.
>generally low BSTs and not a great type by itself
>enough outliers and part-Bugs to be competitively useful together
But whatever floats your boat anon.
>>
Why doesn't Ice beat Bug? There are very few bugs that can handle extreme cold.
>>
i always assume it was because punching a big exoskeleton armor ain't gonna do shit
>>
>>29903318
Because in Japan fighting type is associated with heroes, and most Japanese heroes are based on bugs.
They're allies/rivals.
>>
>>29903878
Just like punching a big hunk of metal. Oh wait...
>>
>>29903878
But punching a big metal dents them right?
>>
Proportional to their size insects, beetles, and so on have exoskeletons and carapace that is extremely strong and hard to break. Sure, You can smash a bug, but if it was the size of a small cat you'd need something like a sledgehammer.
>>
>>29903927
Good thing fighting types muster strength that stop bullet trains, move mountains, etc
>>
>>29903525
Flying resists Fighting because the majority of early Flying-types were Normal or otherwise weak to Fighting.
It's an entirely arbitrary balancing effort, much like how Dragon resists all of the starters and Electric (first dragon was half flying).
>>
>>29903372
I use Arm Hammer.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.