[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So does anyone else just steal teams off of Smogon's forums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: ded.png (506KB, 630x464px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
506KB, 630x464px
So does anyone else just steal teams off of Smogon's forums because you're incredibly incompetent at competitive play, or am I alone?
>>
I refuse to do so even though I'm quite like you. I just make up shit like:

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Super Fang
- Roost
- Defog

and hope for the best
>>
>>29898997
That's what's recommended until you figure your way around a metagame. There's really no shame in using good RMTs and shit as long as you understand how they work and the concepts behind the decisions made when teambuilding.

Be shit, play more, git gud. If you're using premades you're skipping the shitty "I want to play a full Eevee/monotype team" phase which is nothing but a good thing.
>>
>>29898997
i actually invented assault vest tangrowth's set right when its HA was discovered and someone posted it to smogon after reading about it here
>>
>>29898997
That's what you're supposed to do.
>>
I just played UU and 1v1 when I first started. Losing is motivation enough for me to get good.

Premades...what are you, a baby?
>>
>>29898997
Japanese teams are better, plus the community isn't a bunch of brainwashed sheep
>>
>>29898997
If I did that I wouldn't play half of my favorite mons

Plus, I play online ingame and the smogon rules hardly matter there.
>>
>>29900908
How are they better?
>>
>smogon
>>
>>29903169
Not him but didn't they beat the crap out of the American team last year and commented on how the American teams were just too predictable or that smogon ws giving out wrong info, something like that.
>>
File: ODpixel smug.jpg (40KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
ODpixel smug.jpg
40KB, 512x512px
That's how games work you dumb shit faggots. 99% of the community copies the 1%. That's how it works for chess strategies, for card game decks, for RTS building orders, etc etc.

Has nothing to do with being incompetent. Why would you waste your time making meme "original" sets when you can use things that were created by the top players and have been tested and perfected by tens of thousands of people before you?
>>
>>29903267
Where to find jp teams?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.