[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wew lad, the complaints for this game are like BW all over again.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: 1476548599442.png (298KB, 418x394px)
1476548599442.png
298KB, 418x394px
Wew lad, the complaints for this game are like BW all over again.

I'm glad I don't have the attention span of a 5 year old that can't stop mashing A.
>>
The complaints for literally anything that has released in the past three years have been through the roof. The average internet poster looks at the world through a highly cynical lens. Enjoy what you enjoy in a vacuum, don't bother sourcing anyone's opinion or reaction.
>>
Pretty accurate comparison OP.

Just finished the game and I would call this game literally B/W1 but without all the going into random buildings for grinding.
>>
>>29898569
BW are fucking garbage and I hope you aren't implying otherwise
>>
>>29898569
Ironically those are the first good games we are getting since Gen 5.
>>
>EV training is shit
>never mind there's another way that's just as good as Gen 6

>you can't breed regular forms of Pokémon that have Alola forms
>never mind you can
>>
>>29898729
>once per day bullshit
>just as good as Gen 6

"no"
>>
>>29898729
>>never mind you can
How?
>>
>>29898739
Anon...
You can get a set up where every time you kill a pokemon you get 32 EVs
also it's 7 times a day per stat, get it right
>>
>>29898742
have it hold an everstone.
>>
File: 1475526305504.png (228KB, 343x477px) Image search: [Google]
1475526305504.png
228KB, 343x477px
I swear it feels like we could divide pokemon fanbase (or at least /vp/) into two categories. Those who prefer less story focus and more open exploration and those who prefer more story focus and don't care about openness as much.

The former would prefer games like HGSS, the latter would prefer games like BW and SM.
>>
>>29898753
>You can get a set up where every time you kill a pokemon you get 32 EVs
as opposed to 50 EVs per battle this is worse.

also I didn't read your spoiler tag because you're probably just using it as le ebin surprise box that doesn't have actual spoilers. Stop doing that.
>>
>>29898569
>I'm glad I don't have the attention span of a 5 year old that can't stop mashing A
>attention span of a 5 year old that can't stop mashing A
>can't stop mashing A
>mashing A
>A
Not half a, I fucking see you Henry.
>>
>>29899188
you can get it done in 1 encounter as opposed to the 6 you need for hordes
>>
>>29899188
Knocking out two shitmons in the same battle for 64 EVs is faster than waiting for the horde lag, and you can get all 252 EVs without being kicked back to the overworld. It's better in every way.
>>
File: 1474169553406.png (326KB, 650x524px) Image search: [Google]
1474169553406.png
326KB, 650x524px
>>29898569
I just finished playing BW again just a day ago, and SM is trash compared to it.

>Can't walk 10 steps without hitting a cutscene
>Islands in general feel cramped as fuck
>Routes are one way paths that force you one way or another
>Babysitting Lillie when you are not doing a trial
>Atrocious transitions each time you take more than 10 steps in one direction
>Uninteresting and slow battles

I appreciate that they are trying to tell a story, but holy hell don't force it down our throats every 5 minutes. I swear BW1 had a decent mix of both exploration and story.
>>
>>29898569

BWs was fine because most of it's cutscenes were in the game engine so you could just mash through most of them

Gen 6 and 7 are different because the ingame and the cutscenes are seperate from each other, and the fact that the 3DS games go into overdrive with them so you can't really skip them like you could in older games no matter how fast you mash.
>>
>>29899288
>BW1
>exploration
Bull fucking shit.
>>
>>29899288
BW is the same way though

plus Plasma is legitimately the worst team in the series. BW had such shit writing.

>I repeat! We won't tolerate anyone who has different ideas!
>>
>>29899288
I'm playing through White right now and all of your complaints might as well be for that game.
>>
File: 1477493369409.jpg (33KB, 276x233px) Image search: [Google]
1477493369409.jpg
33KB, 276x233px
>>29899288
Why would you lie on the internet?
>>
>>29899352
>>29899314
dont get started with BW2 atleast the hand holding for sun and moon was for the story. its take 2 hours with handholding to find hugh purrlion
>>
>>29899264

not exactly because you can force horde battles with Sweet Scent/Honey and in the route, you're guaranteed to get specific pokemon because of the route.

With the call system, you gotta hope that the pokemon you encounter gives the right ivs, then you gotta use the Adreline Orb, which only has a chance for the pokemon to call someone, which in itself only has a chance to get the pokemon. Then you're sitting there, spamming false swipe to wait for another chance for them to call another pokemon which in chance has a chance to succeed.

It's not the full retard method that we though Gamefreak did, but horde training is still better as it's a guaranteed and not a chance like SOS training.
>>
>>29899379
Is it hand holding if it's for the story at all? I would assume hand holding means making the game easy and explaining stupidly obvious shit, which BW was VERY bad with

>duuuhh this is a pokecenter!
>>
>>29899324

>making fun of one of our 4chan banners

eat poop.
>>
>>29899324
>Plasma
>Worse than Flare

I don't think so.

>In order to make the world a beautiful place we're going to sacrifice hundreds of pokemon and nuke an entire region!
>>
>>29899393
>>duuuhh this is a pokecenter!

you do realize every game does this, right?
>>
>>29899400
Why is it so hard for GF to put a 'yeah I know' option?
>>
>>29899288
I also just finished playing BW and what the fuck were you playing?
>>
>>29898593
First post best post.

Enjoying things is now unfashionable in the west. You have to be cynical and ironic about everything.
>>
>>29899288
I just finished playing SM again just a day ago, and BM is trash compared to it.

>Unova in general feels cramped as fuck
>Routes are one way paths that force you one way or another
>Babysitting Bianca when you are not doing a gym
>Atrocious transitions each time you take more than 10 steps in one direction
>Uninteresting and slow battles

I appreciate that they are trying to tell a story, but holy hell don't force it down our throats every 5 minutes.
>>
>>29899393
there is the typical how to catch pokemon handholding. people are confusing handholding with cut scenes that add to the story. 60% of the cut scenes in S/M are lillie character development. shes the real protagonist
>>
>>29898593
>being a reasonable person on /vp/

You can't do that. /vp/ is just facebook powered /v/ memes nowadays.
>>
>>29898569
>I know, I'll just ignore and trivialize and generalize all criticisms by shitposting!
>>
>>29899166
But SM has no exploration at all
It's probably the most linear Pokemon game ever, having the most annoying road blocks
>>
>>29899448
>>29899352
>slow battles
Objectively wrong and now you're just being butthurt by making a reversal.

>>29900574
That wasn't reasonable at all.
>>
>>29899288
>BW1
>exploration

Lol
>>
>>29899395
>>In order to make the world a beautiful place we're going to sacrifice hundreds of pokemon and nuke an entire region!
>Because the people we are nuking are good for nothings who overpopulate and treat Pokemon with disrespect and disdain. A world without them is a world with harmony.

As opposed to
>Liberate your Pokémon because we told you to! Hey Nurse Joy, stop sexually harassing that Lilipup!
>LOL JK WE ACTUALLY JUST WANNA RELEASE YOUR POKÉMON AND BE THE ONLY ONES WOTH POKÉMON

Christ Plasma were ruined with that ebin plot twist
>>
>>29900916
That's what he's saying
>>
>>29900984
Didn't Flare also have a thing where they were letting people pay to be spared from the doom machine?
>>
>>29900984
To be fair there were some parts of Plasma that truly believed that, if you read some of the dialogue. It's why Plasma split in 2 for BW2
>>
>>29901010
That was essentially how flare recruited, wasn't it?
>>
>>29900938
BW Postgame has, new towns, new routes and new dungeons. Is a great postgame? No. Is it better than any 3ds pokemon postgame? Yes.

>Christ Plasma were ruined with that ebin plot twist
I agree, but they were still better than Flare. Jesus, I don't know how the Team Flare plot was approved
>>
>he still hasnt played the game
>people ON THIS THREAD have not hacked their 3DS
fucking subhuman waitfags lmao
>>
>>29900916
>most linear Pokemon game ever

Do people know what linearity in video games mean? SM aren't linear. The story is. In the story there are a set of red flags that dictate where you need to go to get your next fix of plot dump. You don't have to go straight towards the red flag, especially in between trials. The thing about Pokémon and SM in general is that most routes and towns have multiple split paths or places to go and side things to do before you go on to the next portion of the game. You can go do a myriad of things before continuing the story, but you wouldn't know that because you, like other anons I have been seeing as of late, treat Pokémon like the only thing that matters is the postgame and you zoom past everything to get to the post game.

You probably didn't even help the poor old lady find her Stufful, or go back to some trial sites to see what you could get or what you missed from your visit
>>
>>29901026
yea iirc, just don't remember the details
>>
>>29901114
>multiple split paths or places to go and side things to do before you go on to the next portion of the game
Fuck off with your lies. I tried to explore every nook and cranny and would constantly get cockblocked. The only times I was allowed to fully explore something was after completing all the trials of a island, events like Ilima and Mallow rematches won't happen until you do so, this applies to every event. Until you finish the island there is nothing to explore. Finding 9 stuffuls and catching a specific pokemon for a faggot does not make things less linear.
>>
>>29901056
>BW post game
>better than anything

No, even Colosseum had more postgame content than BW

>new towns
Two new towns with only one having any significance as it's where you battle Cynthia
>New routes and dungeons
Marvelous Bridge that has nothing. Challenger's Cave, Abyssal Ruins, and Giant Chasm?

What else is there to do besides online? Catch legends, battle Alder and Looker side quest?

As opposed to SM giving you Looker side quest, catching Tapu legends, catching UBS, getting Zygarde, Type: Null, going to the other dimension for Cosmog, Battle Tree, Red and Blue, Champion Title Defense, AND the online?
>>
>>29901219
I honestly don't even think we played the same game
>>
>>29899166
This is a well thought post, but BW is leagues ahead in exploration over SM - and BW was already pretty linear compared to older ones.
>>
>>29901244
>As opposed to SM giving you Looker side quest, catching Tapu legends, catching UBS, getting Zygarde, going to the other dimension for Cosmog,
This can all be included in catch legends

>Type Null
If you include this, then you have to add Volcarona to BW( who comes with his own dungeon and isn't a gift)

>Battle Tree, Red and Blue
The equivalent of Battle Subway, Cynthia and E4 rematches

>Champion Title Defense
Finally you said something good

>online
Also in BW
>>
People say SM has no post-game but I just beat the game and honestly feel overwhelmed with all the stuff I can do now, and I'm still learning about new things I can do (like rematching Guzma at the beach and getting a Team Skull shirt in Po Town)

I wish somebody would make a comprehensive guide.
>>
File: FiComicJ_5511.jpg (81KB, 350x333px) Image search: [Google]
FiComicJ_5511.jpg
81KB, 350x333px
>>29901269
1. How much territory was story optional? Any puzzle ruins? Spooky houses full of ghosts? Rainforest rivers with tons of little sectet paths everywhere? Entire towns, like Pacifilog?

2. How often are alternate paths blocked off by things like invisible walls or "a bunch of men dancing for no reason?"

3. How much of the story are you drug around (kicking and screaming) by a "tour guide" character, who exists exclusively to dump exposition, state the obvious, or tell you where to go?
>>
>>29901770
Not him, but do you even know which route the dancing men are on?

it's not even Black and White
>>
>>29901770
Only a desert to get a Z crystal and Tapu Bulu

Literally every time until you complete the island

You are stopped a fuckton, but almost never for dumb tutorials
>>
File: oh okay.jpg (24KB, 297x303px) Image search: [Google]
oh okay.jpg
24KB, 297x303px
>>29899166
Who the fuck wants more story though? Who here really thought 'I like pokemon but I wish it had more cutscenes, more contrived roadblocks and more characters'?

None of that shit is what makes people pick up a Pokemon game and it's not what keeps people coming back
>>
>>29901647
I finished the entire postgame in one afternoon.
>>
>>29898753
How do you do that? Haven't got the game and want to get straight into the competitive stuff once I finish the game
>>
>>29901957
exactly this, for fuck's sake.
>>
>>29899322
Black and White definitely has exploration.

Lostlorn Forest
Chargestone Cave
Giant Chasm
Desert Resort
Pinwheel Forest
Abyssal Ruins

I haven't played Black in years and now I'm starting to regret selling it.
>>
>>29901861
It was BW2. The one leading to White forest?
By no means the only time something like that's happened in the series though.
Old man needs his coffee, artist sketching footprint that are actually his own, a herd of psyduck with migraines, 'no really, go to the gym kid I swear if you try to leave one more time without challenging brock...'

Doesn't mean they're ever not bullshit.
If anything their common use in the series validates my wariness about buying.
>>
>>29901957
I like more story. Fuck off.
>>
>>29903856
Then read a damn book, Levarr Burton. People play games for gameplay.
>>
>>29905142
They play games for interactivity specifically.

Story is fine, and even good, it should just be told interactively, not in cutscenes.

The rule for film is "show, don't tell." For games, it's "do, don't show"
>>
>>29905255
The story in pokemon is not fine. It's bad, and has been getting worse from both content and presentation standpoints. That posters here actually want more of it given the track record shows how stupid a significant portion of /vp/ are.
>>
>>29905462
He wants more, AND better anon.
>>
Can I get some kind of explanation of what I am in for when I pick up Sun? I haven't played Pokemon since original Gold/Silver so I am not sure what I am missing out on, how much trading ill be expecting to do, or any new features or mechanics really. Im not really concerned about minmax EV training for battles really, I just like collecting things.
>>
>>29906043
How much have you looked into this games new promotional materials? Do you know of alolan forms and UBs or do we need to brief you on it as well, in addition to everything gens 3-6?
>>
>>29906091
Pretty much nothing. I know they're a thing but I know nothing about the process of acquiring them. I come from a simpler time. Do they still have that petting and dressing them up in outfits thing? I saw that in a previous title.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.