[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The hell are these Ultra Beasts supposed to be? Glorified legendaries?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: pft.jpg (181KB, 756x972px) Image search: [Google]
pft.jpg
181KB, 756x972px
The hell are these Ultra Beasts supposed to be? Glorified legendaries?

They look kinda stupid.
>>
>>29898563
They look far better than 'generic dragon with pointy shit stuck on'
>>
They're just another set of legendary pokemon, only the theme this time is "weird shit"
>>
If I understand everyone correctly, they're actually shitmons. Or at least the Ultra Dimension equivalent of shitmons.
>>
At least they don't look like a generic monster model ripped out of a PS1 game like Nekrozma does.
>>
>>29898610
That really appears to be it, amazingly. How fucking come?

>>29898606
Also this.
>>
>>29898563
I kind of like some of the designs. I will take them over generic garbage like the regional rodent and the stupid toucan.
>>
>>29898563
It's Gamefreak's solution to the ever growing number of Legendary Pokemon.
They honestly believe that by calling a Legendary Pokemon a Ultra Beast will somehow stop people from grouping them in as Legendary Pokemon, when in reality we'll end up just grouping them in the same or as a sub category.

I wish Ultra Beast wouldn't been the gimmick of Gen 7 rather than Z Moves.
Have the Ultra Beast be actual bosses in the game with the ??? Typing, High HP, and high Stats.
Then the Player has to "Capture" them in Z Crystals(That were mysteriously created) in order to truly defeat them. Once the Z Crystal as the essence of the Ultra Beast, the Player can use them as a "Summon" who do a powerful attack, boost your Pokemon, or act as a hazard during the battle.
>>
File: 1478915741281.png (219KB, 1001x401px) Image search: [Google]
1478915741281.png
219KB, 1001x401px
>>29898563
Pokemon from an alternate dimension. You can almost reverse that quote if a parallel dimension to ours exists. The Ultra Beasts are the norm for that time-line, and they probably play their bizarro versions of Pokemon questioning the strangeness of our designs (by their standards).
>>
File: 1438360088746.gif (497KB, 554x709px)
1438360088746.gif
497KB, 554x709px
>>29898653
>UB are route 1 shitmons and have minmaxed 570BST

Imagine how broken their pseudos or legends are.
>>
But what type of meta would a universe with such broken mons have?
>>
>>29898855
This. Scary.
>>
>>29898905
free for all bloodbath everyone can btfo each other
>>
>>29898828
In that dimension the anime has Ash being a consistent winner, and his starter is a buzzwole.
>>
File: 1478234293100.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478234293100.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>29898855
>the third game in gen 7 is an adventure in the UB world
>its literally Pokemon: Smogon version where everything is minmaxed to fuck with great abilities and types
>half of the fucking dex still ends up UU or below to their standards
>>
>>29898974
>in the smogonverse, the plot is about an evil team trying to catch a pokémon that was permanently banned beyond ubers
>>
>>29898974
UB are nowhere at near broken as most people are crying for. They all have one fatal weakness and at least one stat that's below or very below average. They won't make as much as splash as most people expect, people are going on just THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPER GOOD BECAUSE THE GAME PLOT SAID SO more than anything.

Even the UB in VGC complaining is retarded but what's VGC without retards always complaining about muh over-centralization and muh variety? Happens every years without fault no matter the ruleset.
>>
They aren't legendaries since you can catch a bunch of each and their stat totals are too low.
>>
>>29898585
>people still think "generic" is a bad thing for Pokemon designs
>>
I'm on the first Looker's mission that tells me there's been sightings at Niglet's Cave and Volcano Park. Are the UB's suppose to be found in the grass or am I looking for some character model/npc?
>>
>>29899306
When you have 800 monsters yeah it is.
>>
>>29899233
They have 3 maxed IVs and are considered to be Tapu-tier by the game.

Also mons don't have to be unique to be Legendaries.

>Latias: They make a small herd of only several members. They rarely make contact with people or other Pokémon. They disappear if they sense enemies.
>>
>>29899513
You could get multiple Heatran in-game too couldn't you?
>>
>>29899013
>UBs are nowhere near broken
yeah no they are
>>
>>29899451
Don't you think that after 800 designs, what was once unique will start becoming generic in itself? The designs we brand as generic are, in some cases, less generic than the ones we consider more unique, when you compare them to the entire selection of Pokemon.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.