[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /vp/ consider anything besides the Battle Frontier post-game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 35cipi0.jpg (67KB, 509x325px) Image search: [Google]
35cipi0.jpg
67KB, 509x325px
Does /vp/ consider anything besides the Battle Frontier post-game? It seems like it has to be the Battle Frontier to be considered post-game.
>>
>>29894631
The Battle Zone and parts of Unova? I like how they added extra routes and areas to the games.
>>
>>29894631
Places you can explore after the elite 4
>>
>>29894631
Several battle facilities with replay value and a twist added to make the battles fun and different from regular battles. A good handful of new places to explore, with memorable moments and quality as good as the main game. Rematches of the important battles available to take on whenever you want. A little more story as an 'aftermath' doesn't hurt anyone. I think that pretty much sums up a good postgame.
>>
>>29894631
I'm not personally a Battle Frontier fag but I can see why people want it

>A variety of different ways to play Pokemon
>Exploring pyramids, renting, taking your chances in the Pike etc
>Frontier Brains also give you a new kind of badge, just an extra little achievement you have on your trainer card

Compared to the maison/battle tree which is
>Fight 20 consecutive fights of trainers that reuse Pokemon with the exact same set
>Super is 100 consecutive fights of the same thing, only with haxmon like that trainer with the Walrein that always hits Sheer Cold

If I recall, Frontier had some bullshit too but it at least had some variation and it felt like you accomplished something
>>
BW2 had good post game too. It doesn't need to be literally a BF, just SOMETHING different that's replayable. PWT was a great change from your standard battle tower clone bullshit.
>>
>>29894631
Yeah, anything that is actually adding on to the plot, sidequests and something that has me traveling around the region again instead of just sticking to one facility like the BF.

Frontier, Tower, PWT are all pretty boring since it's just battles and no actual post content relevant to the plot or games at all. It's just a shitty gauntlet against the AI, not interesting or fun at all.
>>
>>29894791
PWT was the same thing as the Battle Dome except more predictable
>>
File: 1466015265701.jpg (37KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1466015265701.jpg
37KB, 601x601px
>>29894631
NEVER EVER
>>
>>29895755
Hey it had rentals
>>
>>29894631
Postgame is a selection of fun challenges + daily events that actually encourage you to turn on the game every day instead of dropping it immediately after the story

B2W2 and ORAS did this best
>>
>>29894631
Everything after the end credits
>>
The delta episode was cool
>>
DPPt had good postgame. A whole new island to explore, loads (if too many) legendaries to capture, loads of different daily events (visiting people, swarms etc)
And then platinum had some more stuff like the battle facilities, the stalls at the battle place, some battle house thing where you could rematch against Barry and Gym leaders.
>>
File: MFeUvim.gif (865KB, 370x281px) Image search: [Google]
MFeUvim.gif
865KB, 370x281px
>>29895755
>PWT was the same thing as the Battle Dome except more predictable
No! No its not! I already surpressed this thought years ago! Stop it, stop it, stop it!
>>
>>29894738
This this this.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.