[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They've dropped the ball 3 times in a row, each one harder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: pokemon sun and moon.jpg (311KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon sun and moon.jpg
311KB, 1200x630px
They've dropped the ball 3 times in a row, each one harder than the last.

Is anybody excited for the future games? I sure as hell aren't.
>>
Man, stop this already. Accept that you are the only person on this board that thinks SuMo is a shit game. Please.
>>
As long as they aren't as bad as ORAS, (which I doubt they are) they'll be fine games. Some people like myself will love them, and others will probably dislike them. Did you expect any differently OP? This is /vp/ after all
>>
>>29892432
see
>>29888772
>>
>>29892444
You thought S/M was better than ORAS, seriously?
>>
Moon is my favorite Pokemon game and Pheromosa and Cosmog joined my favorite Pokemon list so I'm excited.
>>
>>29892403
The games aren't for us, they are clearly making the games with new players in mind first. Older players are an after thought.

I still like the series, but I won't be buying the main games anymore (unless something amazing happens). I'll still look at release info, but I feel like the games don't care about the die hard fans. It's all about the hooking the new demographic.
>>
>>29892488
If you would have read my post more carefully, you would have insinuated that I haven't played the games yet. With that said, how do they compare to ORAS? I know many people who disliked Gen 6 said that S&M were great
>>
>>29892582
see
>>29888772
>>
>>29892403
>I
>aren't

I typically don't give a shit about grammar but this bugs me.
>>
>>29892535
XY weren't for us trough,barely any new pokemon and mostly old pokemon,i understand that.

But sun and moon? it appeals both new and old.
>>
>>29892403
If they pulled a Platinum with Sun/Moon, then I'd be happy. At the moment, not really.
>>
>3 times
Are you including B/W2 in that? If so, what the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>29892730
I think they meant X/Y, OR/AS, and now S/M.
B2/W2 were wonderful.
>>
Those games are making me really consider to move my lazy arse off and create my own mon game.
>>
>>29892730
He's probably talking about XY, ORAS, and SM
>>
>>29892683
I don't get this meme, Platinum didn't do shit for me other than add an extremely annoying extra dungeon at the end. The overworld was still shit, the progression was still shit, is it about the meta game? I guess that'd be the case since I only play for the single player and I don't like the battle frontier, which is why I liked the Sevii Islands in FR/LG as a postgame more.
>>
>>29892730
Gen V, Gen VI, Gen VII
>>
Didn't buy it, so I don't care. About 45% done with Sun and Moon and I've had a TON of fun exploring the world. It looks beautiful.

However the lack of new pokemon and the horrible intrusive story elements is really bothersome.
If they made it 100 new pokemon, cut down on the amount of Kanto pokemon by a lot, and halved the amount of cutscenes I would probably consider these good games.

Granted, I'm only 45% of the way done, but I am probably going to not play until next sunday since it really isn't that engaging.
>>
>>29893125
>exploring
where? the game even blocks you from exploring by putting barriers here and there, it's the most linear RPG I've ever played.
>>
>>29893170
By exploring I mean walking around the towns and speaking to everyone.
It is the only way I can not speed-run the game.

But yea compared to past gens there really isn't any actual exploring. I wish you could explore like in Gen 5, that had a ton of cool shit to find on your own.
>>
SM>>>ORAS>>>>>>>>>>XY
>>
>>29893258
But OR/AS has:
- contests
- soaring and flying to specific routes
- the DexNav
- the trick master
>>
>>29893415
Not the guy you are responding to, but ORAS looks fucking ugly.
>>
>>29893464
so does X/Y and S/M.
>>
>>29893477
I think most parts of Sun and Moon look really nice actually. Not that there aren't issues. I was strongly against the 3d world in Gen 6, but if this is how the games are going to look from now on, I am fine with it. (Still think past games were better looking however)
X/Y did look back now that I remember it. But the color palette of ORAS made me want to vomit.
>>
How does the exp share work in Su/Mo?
>>
To everyone who beat it: is there a single area in these games as awesome as B2/W2's Victory Road?
>>
>>29893671
It's better balanced. I used it the entire game and was never overleveled. The experience system is Gen V's so it's harder to get lots of experience
>>
>>29893671
Same I assume
>>29893680
No
>>
File: 1478803802465.jpg (19KB, 356x238px) Image search: [Google]
1478803802465.jpg
19KB, 356x238px
>>29892432
>SuMo
>>
>>29893759
Okay. Gen V is actually the only Gen I haven't played, but I've heard great things about it.

Was there new fossils this time, or is this the first time since Gen 2 that we haven't had new fossil pokemon?
>>
>>29893415
ORAS wasn't HGSS or BW2 tier, but I don't get the meme that it sucks. The main game was a bit shitty but the post game was great.
>>
>>29892403
>I (...) aren't.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>29892403
>each one harder than the last

SM is a disappointment but an improvement over Gen VI.
>>
File: 1444861902226.jpg (19KB, 419x387px) Image search: [Google]
1444861902226.jpg
19KB, 419x387px
>>29894101
>tfw you want to interpret this as a joke but there are people on this board who actually think ORAS has good postgame and Poe's law makes it unclear
>>
>>29895069
How the flying shit is it better in any way? There's even less exploration than X/Y, and by that I mean zero, cause the game doesn't even let you.
>>
File: 1404782583252.jpg (35KB, 251x229px) Image search: [Google]
1404782583252.jpg
35KB, 251x229px
>>29895145
>There's even less exploration than X/Y

The railroading is bullshit, but I'm finding more things to explore in XY because the region has a lot off off-path areas. There are places I have only found by complete accident, like the underground cave that you can only access by looking through a flower patch in Melemele Meadow that has nothing to do with the path the plot tells you to go on in that area. Within mostly linear areas there are still small side sections that might have an item or berry tree that you wouldn't run into if you were following the railroad without any defiance.

When I play a JRPG I always try to go as far away from the railroad as possible at all times to see what the game will let me get away with. Early SM was fucking abhorrent with how little you could stray from the path but once I started finding all the little side paths and optional spots it made it tolerable.

The game is also harder than XY. I'm sure if I were using Exp. Share it would be boringly easy, but some fights have sincerely fucked me up and put me at risk of losing (I haven't lost a fight yet, and haven't needed to use anything stronger than a Super Potion in any battle, but forcing me to use healing items mid-battle is a lot more engaging than what we've been getting with Gen VI), like the Lurantis fight where it summoned a Castform, who used Sunny Day and simultaneously powered up its Synthesis and Solar Blade. It's still not challenging the way a non-children's JRPG is, but it's something.

Also the music is a lot better. Not every track hits it out of the park but the fact that some of them are at all makes it better than XY.

I haven't gotten to postgame and I hear it's barren, but so is Gen VI postgame so we're even there.

There are points in this game where I'm actually having fun and don't want to shut the game off to play something else, that makes it better than Gen VI. Gen VII so far doesn't seem as good as 3/4/5, but being better than 6 is not hard.
>>
>>29892800
Compare the Elite 4 and Gym Leader teams between DP and Platinum.
>>
>>29895409
That's so petty I couldn't possibly care less, these games don't have difficulty, especially if you have ice beam to deal with Cynthia's Garchomp, i.e: the only time in the game you could possibly lose.
>>
I just beat Lurantis and damn that sure was annoying as fuck boss battle. I thought /vp/ was just being a spoiled faggot as usual. Good thing I had grimer knocking its fucking power herb and magmar burning up their ass with flame body. Sallazle was also a bit annoying but I easily swept them with couple of bulldoze from Mudbro. Haven't progress further yet.

It's been a while since the last time I feel like this in pokemon games. I sure am excited for more things to come.
>>
>>29892403
>I aren't
You am not good at grammar either, bub
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.