[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who've completed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: 1477493369409.jpg (33KB, 276x233px) Image search: [Google]
1477493369409.jpg
33KB, 276x233px
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who've completed S/M and don't think it's the best game in the franchise
>>
Vikavolt's stats called.
>>
>>29888845
yes, because people aren't mindless gamefreak dickriders and recognize when a game is flawed
>>
>>29888845
I'm only at the elite 4 but I reckon it's the worst.

From island 1 to the end of island 3 it's definitely the worst. From the Aether Foundation to Poni Island it actually gets pretty good, but that's 15 hours in.

First 15 hours are FFXIII-tier linear shit.
>>
>>29888845
Please, do tell us why its the best
>>
>>29888845
A Pokemon game where you have zero freedom and aren't even the MC.

Yeah man, just amazing. 10/10 game, I hope next time they give us even less freedom.
>>
>>29888845
>the game holds your hand and pushes you through the plot
>rotomdex won't shut the fuck up with his attempts at being a catchpharse.

I could possibly forgive a dex full of slow shitmons, There's only like 2 pokemon that will make it from this game to my team overall and one of them is a cute fucking bee fairy, and while I'm disappointed in a lot of shit I can see where they are setting the groundwork for something like a 3rd game so its the same disappointment I get from monster hunter initial releases.

However I cannot forgive those first two things. Rotomdex needs to die painfully and they need to stop fucking with the feeling of exploration by putting a giant red flag on your path saying "GO HERE NEXT MORAN"

Whoever at nintendo dictated that all their games need a perpetual tutorial needs to drown himself in his toilet.
>>
File: 1476705111830.jpg (54KB, 480x310px) Image search: [Google]
1476705111830.jpg
54KB, 480x310px
1/4 of /vp/ are loud retards

what do you expect?
>>
>>29889410
>I can see where they are setting the groundwork for something like a 3rd game

Explain? The main game felt pretty complete to me, story-wise.
>>
>>29888845
>so he says while posting the most overrated pokegirl from the shittiest of all Gens
>>
>>29889482
I'd be happy to take a 'disgusted look' reaction pic of Hilda, Rosa, or Game-Serena off you if you got em.
>>
>>29889482
OH BOI HERE WE GO
>>
>>29889465
It feels like the map has a lot of empty spots and construction lots in the game and are groundwork for something like a black/white 2 where you go through the map again and see the new buildings and the new gyms and the new league. I'm getting the same feeling as Black/White where there was more to the map.

But after the battle frontier in ORAS and the trains that go nowhere Kalos, I'm really prepared for dissapointment on that regard.
>>
Itt: faggots that forget that the game is aimed towards people that still play and stopped playing pokemon.

Itt: faggots that didn't check the bonus effects certain moves give if turned into a zmove splash +3atk boost trick room +1 accuracy boost for easy hypnosis follow up
>>
>>29888845
It's really mediocre and all the improvements that should have been there since gen 4 don't make up for a bland game that lags.
>>
>>29889704
Truth in the finest of forms. =P
>>
>>29889704
>all the improvements that should have been there since gen 4

Explain please.
>>
>>29889946
Getting rid of HMs is the best thing to ever happen. You just drag pokemon from box to party with no menu bullshit (though that might have been in XY, I don't remember because I stopped playing they were so bad). There's a lot of basic improvements like that which make it play a lot smoother than everything before it. Almost everything I hate about actually playing the game has been fixed.

The problem is everything else. It could be a good game, but not as is. It's practically designed for a sequel.
>>
>>29889113
>Likes a game
>"LUL wHaTT a gAymFreEK diKrida!!1!11"
>>
The way pokemon works is anything with more content than the last game is the best game in the franchise.
If a week after SM releases, they decide to make literally one more pokemon and add it to later copies that will be the fucking best game in the franchise
>>
>>29890186
>Likes a game
No, they praised it as the best Pokemon game. That's a step beyond just liking it
>>
>>29890238
Opinions are objective
>>
>>29890238
subjective*
I'm an idiot
>>
Opinions.
Its the best for me since gen 4, but I Like slow games and cutscenes.

Not everyone has to like the same things.
>>
File: question.jpg (35KB, 743x1441px) Image search: [Google]
question.jpg
35KB, 743x1441px
>>29888845
Best nature for ice vulpix guys?
>>
>>29890354
>he likes cutscenes

I like you.
>>
>>29888845
>there are people on this board RIGHT NOW who are not masturbating to dawn
>>
>>29890195
ORAS proved that wrong didn't it?

had more content than X&Y with new megas but was panned for not including elements of emerald,
>>
>>29890278
To be fair anon said flawed, not bad
>>
>>29890579
To be fair, saying a game is the best in the franchise doesn't mean it isn't flawed. Every pokemon game has its flaws.
>>
Two words. Missing features.

>No Dex nav
>No Super Training
>No National Dex
>No Horde Battles
>No Triple Battles

It was so close to perfection
>>
>>29889285
You have the freedom at the end of the story...
>>
>>29890735
Sorry Anon, we're too busy futureproofing the models!

What? They're still instantly dated

Well, shit.
>>
>>29890735
You also forgot
>No rotation battles
>>
You know what, there are a lot of peoples on this world that have so many problems living the life, everything that appears on their eyes is always a chance to become incorrect and extremely bullshit, and Yeah sometimes those things are bad, but they really Never focus on great ones. I really cant understand this insanity, maybe everyone likes to be sad .. I will Never be a part of a negative life
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 301x167px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 301x167px
>>29891338
>>
is the game fun
I dont usually browse vp, and was very disappointed by XY, the last Pokemon games I played, even telling me I wouldnt play a Pokemon game again unless they put a hard mode.

I actually like the designs of most of the new pokemons (not the starters, the normal ones) and it made me want to play the game again.

I used to be very good at smogon in NU, over 1800, back in 2013, but havent played since 2013, and also disliked mega evolutions a lot.
>>
>>29890186
If you honestly believe it's the best Pokémon game you're retarded. I'm sorry.
>>
>>29890676
To be fair, most people who claimed it's the best game also imply that it's practically flawless.

Take OP for example. If opinion on whether a game is good or bad is subjective, why the need to call out people who doesn't think it's the best game ever?

>>29891450
Let me try translating that:
>STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE! FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!
>>
>>29891469
eh there's a few challenging fights but honestly the fun was kinda sapped away by being told where to go all the time and having companions who reiterate and cover the plot over and over to make sure you don't forget anything.

Not once was I not told where to go, not once did I have to figure out something on my own. every plot point, every mechanic, every system is laid before you in specific detail. The game never lets you have the risk of failing something.

It kind of steals the fun of exploration and speculation away from you which I really did not appreciate.
>>
>>29891469
A good indicator if you'll enjoy the game is if you liked BW, you'll most likely enjoy SM.
>>
>>29889439
This. Though I might suggest 1/3
>>
>>29891589
>Let me try translating that:
>STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE! FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE!
Thank you anon for the appreciation
>>
File: 1452575202812.png (121KB, 250x418px) Image search: [Google]
1452575202812.png
121KB, 250x418px
>>29891599
I haven't made it very far. Does the game actually have any "puzzles" anymore?
Yknow, stuff like the boulder push puzzles, slider mazes, etc. Something that isn't "follow the plot flags." I haven't seen any yet.
>>
>>29890735
You're stupid and cleay have yet to play the game. MOST of these features have been replaced with things that function similarly. Super Trainining mini games were down right retarded anyways, the new way to EV train is less retarded. And now you can improve ivs as well, wish I'd known that before I gave away my shinies with shit ivs.
>>
>>29888845
>Game holds my hand through the entire time
>Why the fuck is this a game and why doesn't it simply autoplay itself?
>Story and setting had potential but is completly ruined by retarded MCs
>Meta isnt even good with all the slowmons and nerfs
Why would you, anon?
>>
>>29890735
>Horde and triple battles
MIght have to do with the game lagging with fucking 3 pokemon on screen.
>>
File: p.png (99KB, 537x459px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
99KB, 537x459px
Anyone? Please?

>>29891986
>>
>>29892072
Not that I remember. Then again there were never any puzzles in the mainline game I remember being hard.
>>
>>29892338
It does have a few sections where you need to push boulders in the right order but it's always on a level of difficulty a five year old with autism could solve it.
>>
>>29892502
Eh, that's honestly par for the course for Pokemon games. I'm just glad they decided to throw SOMETHING in.
>>
>>29892072
>retarded MCs
The MC is only as retarded as the player :^)
>>
I'm still playing it right now but I admit I'm having a blast.
>Full 3D
>Festival Plaza
>Poke pelago
>Riding on pokemon back
>Island scan

I think all these additions are pretty fun to play around with. I have clocked around 20+ hours and I'm still at second island, enjoying all the things that the game offered instead of rushing like a retard to end-game content.

I'm also playing it blindly without any sorts guide nor do i ask around for tips. It actually makes everything fresh and tingle my sense of wonder to explore and do everything that the game has to offer.

I won't deny that there are some additions that are actually counter productive like wild pokemon calling for help and literally laziness in charizard instant fly but overall the pros outweights the cons.
>>
>>29892587
>Full 3D
love
>Festival Plaza
dislike
>Poke pelago
just use for pokebeans
>Riding on pokemon back
is nice, 100 times better than HMs
>Island scan
never use cause I don't care about recatching old pokemon

SM is still probably my favorite game in the franchise.
>>
>>29892587
>Full 3D
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: これはエサです.png (85KB, 625x622px) Image search: [Google]
これはエサです.png
85KB, 625x622px
>Pokemon Sun and Moon
>good
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.