[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become good at coming up with competitive mons? I started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1474591556752.gif (3MB, 400x241px) Image search: [Google]
1474591556752.gif
3MB, 400x241px
How do I become good at coming up with competitive mons? I started playing seriously from XY and all I've been doing is to rip off Japanese strategies and builds from some website. Since the game isn't technically out yet, there is nothing like that this time around.

I want to learn to be a better competitive trainer, but I have absolutely no idea where to begin. There's just way too many moves, ability, stat variations in the game that I have literally no idea where to start and build my strategy and grinding plan.

Plz help I want to crush children's will to play competitive on day 1.
>>
>>29887511
Think about what's popular, and how to break those teams. Think about team synergy: how do your abilities, moves and type matchups affect the rest of your team, and how do they stack up against the teams you're trying to beat?
>>
>>29887544
Very good advice, in addition, there are plenty of good resources to learn about movesets and stat distributions. Remember that outspeeding mons is super important in most situations and to do that you only need 1 more speed than the opponent.
>>
>>29887544
Thanks. I don't really know what's going to be popular so I don't have anything to compare it to atm.

>>29887652
could you point me to any links for the said resources?
>>
>>29887793
Most mons this gen are pretty average.
Toxapex, the Tapus, some of the UBs, maybe Salazzle (it's frail as hell though), and probably a few others. Lycanroc looks promising, and there's a LOT of weather-setters this gen.

Anything that was OU in past gens and is in the Alola Pokedex is probably a good start, but beware that priority has a lot more checks and counters than it used to.

We won't know for certain until release, when people start actually playing around with teams, but we'll see some definite contenders within the first week or so.
>>
>>29887511
VGC is the only official competitive, Smogon is a cancerous fansite that brainwashes people

And link to the Japanese blogs? I'm always interested how the japanese build teams for singles.
>>
>>29888199
I usually get my stuff from here. If you can read moon, that is. http://yakkun.com/xy/theory/

Pretty helpful since it's based on user submission and there is some rating system as well.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.