[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate these games? They're probably my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 107
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (60KB, 617x274px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 617x274px
Why do people hate these games? They're probably my favorite in the series.
>>
Nobody hates them really. They just do ironically.
>>
Best use of the bottom screen that no other game after it used for some retarded reason.
>>
>>29884030

They aged horribly
>>
>>29884472
Poketch was better
>>
>>29884513
>implying
>>
Nobody hates these games. They're considered part of the holy trinity, it being:

>HGSS
>Platinum
>BW2

Some people may dislike Johto, but these games are universally adored
>>
people make fun of the pokemon follow you around mechanic, I actually love it, it makes you develop more of a bond with your mons. they could even make it exclusive to the gen starters and pika and id still want it back.
>>
>>29884602

This. I dislike the pacing of the games a great deal, but I am not gonna deny that HG/SS are near the top.
>>
>>29884602
I'd include Emerald on that list too.
>>
>>29884602
Replace HG/SS with Emerald and you've got the real trinity. HG/SS were shit remakes that had pointless gimmicks like following Pokémon and Voltorb Flip to distract people from the fact that they barely did anything to fix the flaws of the originals such as the awful Pokémon distribution, awful level curve, and gimped Kanto region.
>>
>>29884030
This is bait. It has to be.
They're by far the most loved games in the franchise.
>>
>>29884602
Remove platinum from there and we're good.
The third game of the trinity has yet to be released.
>>
File: fera.jpg (3KB, 120x125px) Image search: [Google]
fera.jpg
3KB, 120x125px
>>29884976
The trinity is the best three games in the series, how could the third game be something that isn't in the series yet
>>
>>29884602
this is a fact
>>
>>29885102
Because there's no other game that's currently in the series that's good enough.
>>
true quadrinity(?) is here

>HGSS
>Platinum
>Emerald
>BW2/B2W2

is this good enough?
>>
>>29885425
Emerald is high tier alongside BW, I don't think it can be considered top tier. Excellent game and one of the best in its own right though
>>
>>29884872
This is a recycled post that is literally wrong, since the game specifically tackles every single one of those issues. The Safari Zone, new wild Pokemon patches, upped levels and improved Kanto are all addressing the flaws

>>29884602
>>29884864
This is pretty much true.
>>
>>29885669
Agreed.
>>
>>29884030
shit level curve
>>
>>29885669
>BW
>high tier

Dumb unovabortion, even RS and XY are better than that disappointment. B2W2 really did fix Unova.
>>
>>29884030
ORASfags are jelly
>>
>>29886364
Not a Unnovabortion, although I do enjoy the Gen 5 games. I also like XY, and those are objectively a tier lower than BW
>>
>following pokemon
>gen 4 engine
>most boring region
>second worst fanbase
>>
>>29885675
The Safari zone was shit. Having to wait 100 days just for some Pokémon to show up is inexcusable.
>>
They didn't fix any of GSC's problems
>>
looking back I understand why following pokemon aren't back but why the fuck did they get rid of auto running, that was probably the best feature
>>
>>29886827
>>gen 4 engine
>>most boring region
I understand these complaints.
>>second worst fanbase
This shouldn't be a problem.
>>following pokemon
This is DEFINITELY not a problem, how can you dislike that??
>>
>>29884602
>gen 5
>good
>>
>>29884602
All of those games are boring I only like HGSS's following Pokemon.
>>
>>29884872
>pointless gimmicks
At this point, Pokémon is almost nothing but pointless gimmicks that distract from how boring the game actually is. HGSS is not even close to how bad later games are about that.

>>29888437
B2W2 is basically an apology for BW. Try it.
>>
>>29884030
These games have flaws like the others but the only ones who hate these games are just shitposters and Hoennbabies.
>>
>>29886879
But that was only about 5% of the pokemon

>>29886827
>hoennbabbies
>genwunners
>kalosperm
not even close
>>
>>29889353
Kalosperm are not even an issue yet, it's just fanboys who defend anything the company shits out.
>>
>>29884030
They fixed almost nothing that was wrong with the originals. I know I shouldn't have expected them to but when I could just as easily play the originals and get most of the same experience but with the added bonus of nostalgia there's very little reason to play the remakes. I didn't give a shit about the gimmicks like walking Pokemon. I didn't play the remakes when they were just released so the added wifi wasn't a selling point. I fucking HATED the music which sucks because GSC is right behind RSE for my favorite OST. The remixes sounded like some garbage you'd find on OC remix.

I couldn't be pleased since I put an ungodly amount of hours into GSC back when I a kid. They felt like absolutely perfect remakes to RBY which I already played the shit out and loved. But a fuckhuge game for the GBC isn't exactly that impressive on the DS, especially when none of the flaws are hammered out.
>>
>>29888371
Following pokemon is shit, no wonder it's in two games only and was scrapped after them every time
>>29889353
Unovaborts and johtoddlers are objectively worse
>>
>>29889353
>But that was only about 5% of the pokemon

It still shouldn't have happened. You should NEVER be timegated to that extent when you want to catch and/or raise a pokemon. It's pure, undefendable bullshit. Too bad Gamefreak didn't get the hint to never do that again in SM.
>>
File: baito.jpg (11KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
baito.jpg
11KB, 234x236px
>>29884030
>hgss
>hated
>>
>>29884030
>hating HGSS
They're far from my favourite games in the series, but hating them is excessive. They're just overrated.
>>
File: 695438759322.png (283KB, 1116x1274px) Image search: [Google]
695438759322.png
283KB, 1116x1274px
>>29884030 (OP)
>Why do people hate these games?
Because they did nothing to fix the problems of the originals and yet casuals suck their dick because M-MUH FOLLOWING POKEMON! :0 OR/AS were objectively better.
>>
>>29884602
This. Anybody that wants Platinum removed or Emerald (lol) added are wrong and have shit taste
>>
>>29884030
They're pretty flawed for a number of reasons. Just because some people overlook them doesn't mean everybody does.
>>
>>29884030
They're circlejerked about almost endlessly by nostalgiafags.

They are good games. But mostly because the original Gold/Silver are good. They failed hard as remakes to fix some glaring issues in the original games and it's a damn shame. Game Freak fucking hates Johto.
>>
>>29890210
t. Hoennbabbie
You're the one saying: I don't have arguments, so I will call following pokemon shit!
>>
>>29890673
Stay mad, Johtoddler. GameFreak doesn't even care about your kind anymore.
>>
boring region
shit dex
underwhelming bottom screen
horrid level curve
mind numbing story

>>29884400
>>29884602
>no one can have differentiating opinions than me

>>29884472
you spelt "oras" wrong
>>
File: 1479067972828.jpg (55KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
1479067972828.jpg
55KB, 894x894px
>>29890210
>following pokemon is shit
>>
>>29890695
>Ohmori doesn't care about Johto anymore
Geez, I'm so mad, I wish he could made a Johto game with the quality of ORAS or SM
>>
>>29890601
>Game Freak fucking hates Johto.
This.
>>
>>29890673
Why are Johtoddlers so quick to label everybody who disagrees with them as a Hoennbaby?

t. Kantofag. Seriously, why is that?
>>
>>29884030
Most people at least acknowledge HGSS were good games, back when GF put an incredible amount of love and fanservice in their games. Great use of the DS's controls, went a long way to fix a lot of the leveling/pokemon distribution issues in GSC, implemented the changes from crystal that actually worked in gold/silver, and had a really solid post-game. Outside of a few people who hate it ironically or do it to shitpost, most people consider HGSS to be pretty top-tier. The only real problem with HGSS is that it is a bit overrated and it didn't completely fix all of GSC's flaws, even though it did put some effort in to fix it.

>>29890476
This image is clearly bait, and I don't even think ORAS deserves most of the hate it gets.
>>
>>29890767
>implying it's wrong
Seriously, who the Hell but an irredeemable contrarian claims that Pokémon following you is bad? It's a useless gimmick for sure but it doesn't affect the game negatively in any way.
>>
>>29890767
Because the guy got pissed when they say that Hoennbabies are the worst. And the fact the he didn't deny, show that he is actually an Hoennbabbie.

Do you wanna know what is the problem? Look at the Holy trinity of pokemon games. There are Kanto and Johto(HGSS), Sinnoh and Unova, no Hoenn. Hoennbabies at least got a change when ORAS was announced. ORAS turned to be shit and everyone keep praising HGSS because it was a better remake. Hoennbabbies got offended and go on....
>>
>>29889805

The main complaints of GSC were usually that Kanto was absolutely barren, there were no grindy spots and that a good chunk of Johtomons were either hard to find or relegated to Post-Champion.

HGSS made Kanto actually worth exploring with the revival of Cerulean Cave for once thing, they added another grindy spot as in route 47-48, which got you your grinding until after Kanto, and they added Trainer/Gym Rematches for that. and for the shit Pokemon distribution, they gave you the pokewalker and safari zone, which gave you late game options early and mid game.

I know they didn't fix every single problem GSC had as the level curve is still shit due to most trainers using unevolved low exp yielding shitmons throughout the whole game, but saying they fix nothing or near nothing is just plain wrong.
>>
>>29890601
I don't think they really failed hard as remakes, they just tried to rely too much on fanservice, had to deal with censors neutering the gambling in-game, and couldn't completely fix a lot of the underlying problems with Johto without completely rewriting the game from the ground up. Like >>29891114 says, they did to a lot to fix some of the bigger problems with the games.
>>
But we can all agree that FireRed and LeafGreen are the best remakes, right?
>>
>>29891242
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA no
>>
>>29891023
OR/AS are still more successful than HG/SS and sold more. Plus Emerald is more popular than B2/W2 outside of this board. Unovabortions are just a vocal minority.
>>
s o s l o w
and boring and forgettable
and also really fucking slow
>>
>>29890729
The entire game could be controlled with the bottom screen. HGSS was superior. Also Johto is a good region

>>29890601
I still don't get this, they specifically tackled each if the game's issues. The Safari Zone brings almost all the Kanto only Mons to Johto, the Kanto levels were hoped and the locations restored, and they added new places for more battles, trainer and wild.
>>
>>29890522

Wow, your nitpicking of this image is basically just "well if you don't like this extreme, you must like the other!" Like seriously, the guy simply ask, "why is there no Game Corner replacement" which is a perfectly valid complaint and you go "WELL VOLTORB FLIP WAS SHIT" acting like they couldn't use or make any other minigame, or you know, improve on it.
>>
>>29891242
I don't actually see many people talking about FRLG when the remakes come up, it's always constant shitposting between HGSS and ORAS.
They're pretty alright, but the in-game dex is complete ass. I think they do more to fix the problems with RBY than HGSS or ORAS do to fix the problems with their games.
>>
oras outsold those shitty remakes, oras a best, a 3ds game veating a ds game
>>
>why do people hate these games
>posts the most universally liked games in the entire franchise

bait
>>
>>29891354
This. HGSSfags make me laugh.
>>
>>29891278
>OR/AS are still more successful than HG/SS and sold more
yeah, it got that in the past months. Remember, it got that because pokemon got a big advertising called..... can you guess?
>>29891278
>Plus Emerald is more popular than B2/W2 outside of this board
Nope.
>>
>>29884030
People on here love them. That said...
>Shit level curve
>Bland, boring, small region
>Another bland, boring, small region
>Shit characters
>>
>>29884030
i'm in the middle of playing it right now. i'm heading to the lake of rage. what's really annoying about them though is that the gym leaders have pokemon 15 levels higher than any of the trainers in the area, so it's really hard to level them up
>>
>>29891278
>>29891354
>OR/AS are still more successful than HG/SS and sold more
[citation needed]

>>29891278
>>29891420
>Emerald is more popular than B2/W2 outside of this board
That's because it got little to no promotion, which is specially ridiculous because BW was hyped up to be God's gift to man. It has little to do with the quality.

Also, unovabortions hate B2W2 because they got the wrong idea of what a Pokémon game should be from BW.
>>
>>29891354
Yeah and BW2 are some of the lowest rated Pokemon games. Sales/Reviews does not equal actual representation of the game's quality, just that the mainstream is retarded.
>>
>>29891519
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
HGSS sold about 12.7M where as ORAS sold about 13.2M, but a 500k difference isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things, and there's other things to consider with why one sold more than the other outside of "which is better". They're not wrong, but they're still shitposting.
>>
>>29891354
>>29891395
Yeah, swllijf a few hundred more

Really showed them
>>
>>29891658
I have no idea what word I was typing
>>
>>29891581
They are shitposting, but the reason on why ORAS sold better is because pokemon GO.
>>
>>29890729
>Story in a pokemon game
what do you make art from play-doh?
>>
>>29891689
"sold" but either you or your PC had a brainfart.
>>
it was a remake yet they did jack shit to improve the games compared to GSC. It's the same problem ORAS has.

>didn't fix level curve
>didn't fix pokemon distribution
>kanto is empty
>game is so unstable that it blackscreens every 30 minutes on emulators
>only half of the gym leaders have johto pokemon (Whitney, Jasmine, Pryce, Clair) while pokemon like Noctowl, Heracross, Misdreavus, and Hitmontop were added
>adding to that last point, Chuck and Pryce are both absolute jokes
>lyra
>every usuable TM is inside of the postgame

the only enjoyable parts of this game are the first 3 gyms and the battle against red, and the pokewalker was cool too i guess
>>
File: this thread.gif (3MB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
this thread.gif
3MB, 512x384px
>>
Is it really just because of Pokemon Go? I seem to remember there being a bit of a dip in popularity of the games around gen 4-5 due to how slow/boring DP were, and how unpopular BW were. Diamond almost got me to stop playing completely, now that I remember it.
>>
>>29891697
>>29891893
Somehow deleted your (You), sorry friendo
>>
>>29884030

They cut a lot of content, first off. Don't hate em, but I don't get the hype.
Enjoyed them.
>>
>>29891917
The whole Gen VI got a better number in sales because the advertising that Pokemon Go made.
I mean, we in /vp/ play all the games, but the numbers really grow because of the normies, we are the minority. And Pokemon Go was the way to bring the normies back.
>>
>>29891739
>>didn't fix level curve
Is it really worse than Gen V making it impossible to grind or Gen VI not giving you a reason to grind at all?
>>didn't fix pokemon distribution
>>only half of the gym leaders have johto pokemon
These is the real problem.
>>kanto is empty
Not so anymore.
>>game is so unstable that it blackscreens every 30 minutes on emulators
That's an anti-piracy measure. On the more accurate emulators you can't even play the game without a cheat code. BW had one too; your pokémon couldn't get experience from battles.
>>Chuck and Pryce are both absolute jokes
Inevitable, Fighting types and Ice types were a joke back then.
>>lyra
Why is this a point?
>>every usuable TM is inside of the postgame
How so? Were the ones in Goldenrod not good? You also get plenty of them exploring routes before even reaching the League.
>>
File: 1459120241656.png (191KB, 1200x1209px) Image search: [Google]
1459120241656.png
191KB, 1200x1209px
>>29892077
>They cut a lot of content
That's just wrong.
>>
>>29892261

Room decoration, an entire player character, the gamecorner, location based evolutions, odd egg, etc...

The list goes on.
>>
>>29892213
>Is it really worse than Gen V making it impossible to grind or Gen VI not giving you a reason to grind at all?
gen 5 had audino
>Not so anymore.
if they are going to cut corners to lower levels in johto, kanto should have had more content than just 8 more gyms
>Inevitable, Fighting types and Ice types were a joke back then.
not really, pryce should've had sneasel or something and chuck could've had heracross or hitmontop
>How so? Were the ones in Goldenrod not good? You also get plenty of them exploring routes before even reaching the League.
they removed the elemental punches in favor of the generic department store ones
>>
They're very solid and objectively top tier, I just go into an autistic rage over a lot of very tiny changes to GSC which I hold very precious in my heart in a way that FRLG and ORAS fail to anger me, though the later angers me in a different way.

HGSS Lyra > Crystal Lyra though
>>
>>29892337
so go on
Those points are meaningless. If HGSS had those, people who doesn't like Johto would just reply with: it's shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (except location based evolutions of your points)
The same way they do with following pokemon.
For real, those can me missed, but you can't call it a bad game because of this.
>>
>>29892374
>if they are going to cut corners to lower levels in johto, kanto should have had more content than just 8 more gyms
Kanto/the entire post game in general got gym rematches, Platinum's Battle Frontier, remade Cerulean cave, more pokemon, and some unlockables that contribute to nostaliga. Plus there's some postgame content locked behind events, some new routes, and that's all on top of what was already there. The post game did get a lot more in HGSS.

>pryce and chuck being awful
This is more due to the fact that their teams were bad back in GSC than anything. They did up the levels and change the movepools a bit, however.

>they removed the elemental punches in favor of the generic department store ones
The updated movesets/availability of TM's kind of makes up for losing the elemental punches. There still should've been a tutor available earlier on like in FRLG, though.
>>
>>29892337
>location based evolutions
Those are only important for pokémon in D/P/Pt. You get them from there anyway, why not use the locations from those games?
>the gamecorner
That wasn't GF's fault for once. At least they tried to replace it with something.
>odd egg
>Room decoration
Shit was barely existent in the originals. It would be neat if it was still there but it's not really important.

>an entire player character
You mean the one that doesn't appear at all if you don't choose it, unlike Lyra? Seriously?
>>
>>29892427

Really people complain too much about cut content. Things like Mirage Tower/Altering Cave/Berry Blending are kind of shit and people have to be entitled for wanting them. This applies to the HG/SS cut content as well.
>>
>>29892213

Gen V gave you a luck egg and trainers actually used fully evolved mons that gave you high exp yields. You make it sound like if you're even one level above, they onyl give out 1 exp. Postgame in the stadiums and the E4, you could easily get 5k-10k experience per pokemon when using the lucky egg.
>>
>>29894272
>Berry Blending are kind of shit
I'll give you everything but that. Pokemon NEEDS more integrated minigames.
>>
wow this thread

the original gold and silver were my favorite pokemon games and the reason i still buy them today

but i thought /vp/ hated Johto was it all just a ruse
>>
>>29894395

I rarely go back to HG/SS because they didn't fix the problems the first had, I just like the original games more.

Shame about the battery saving, but otherwise solid.
>>
>>29894272
Berry Blending was plain bullshit and I did not miss it at all, in general contests were a lot better in ORAS than they were in RSE. The only real "issue" is they should've had online contests. Having an EV-like cap for Contest stats would've been alright too, but being able to max them all on one mon is still far more perferable to the fucking Sheen system.

The real bullshit with removed areas in ORAS was New Mauville being trimmed down instead of being given the total overhaul they clearly wanted to with that 10/10 aesthetic they gave the one small remaining room.
>>
>>29889353
Kalosperm don't really even exist. Nice try unovabortion, but only genwunners are more cancerous than you.
>>
>>29886364
You must be Fun at parties
>>
>>29890522
>Games have always been easy
ULTIMATE BULLSHIT
>>
Has no one mentioned Pokethlaton
>>
>>29894675
Every Pokemon mainline game is pretty easy, though BW and BW2 take it to the next level, and XY and ORAS a level beyond that, though I would be generous and say ORAS was a slight step back if you ignore EXP Share

Dunno for SM
>>
>>29894768
EMERALD Battle frontier
>>
>>29894798
Sorry, I didn't read the obvious bait counterarguments to an obvious bait image. Just replying to the statement you made that Pokemon games having always been easy was somehow ultimate bullshit.
>>
>>29894709
It's okay but I don't miss it.
>>
>>29895415
Mention cons and pros
>>
>>29895449
Pros: you could get some rare items from it.
Cons: a bit grindy?

Why are you asking for this, though?
Thread posts: 107
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.