[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people hate these games? They're probably my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 17

Why do people hate these games? They're probably my favorite in the series.
>>
>>29883435
Mine too.

The huge amount of new Pokémon and only getting to see older Pokémon after the postgame was great. A lot of the new Pokémon had good stats too. Too bad everything went to shit with Gens 6 and 7 introducing only ~70 new Pokémon.
>>
>>29883435
That's because you're a moron.
>>29883531
The new Pokemon were possibly the only redeeming factor of BW. Everything else was hot garbage
>>
>>29883567
>having a different opinion
>automatically a moron
this is an 18+ board.
>>
>>29883435
Just people jealous that the first games set outside of Japan where set in the US.
>>
>>29883435

who the hell hates them? its just a vocal bunch of ORAS or genwun babbies, it was one of the most loved series back then and hype in this board was enormous when it came out.
>>
>>29883435
I don't understand either, it has the coolest protagonists, a lot of new mons, cool postgame, etc.
>>
No old pokémon and they think the new ones look like shit
>>
>>29883435
Because they have shit taste. It's one of the best first games of a generation, far ahead of SM like some people imply. At least I can play this one from beginning to end without feeling like it's a drag mid-game.
>>
>>29883435
I may say BW is one of the most loved games of the franchise. What are you talking about?
>>
File: Keldeo.jpg (10KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
Keldeo.jpg
10KB, 184x184px
From what I've read on the internet, these are why:
>No Battle Frontier
>No old Pokemon to wreck stuff with
>Transfer is later on in the game and you have to play a minigame to get them
>White was superior to Black by the White Forest alone
>More "cutesy" 'mon

The only ones I think are justified is the White Forest and boring transfer, bu they're so minor compared to Gen IV flaws.
>>
No hate, just think they are the worse pokémon games.
Gigalith, Conk, Donutbug and Co[GTSBANNED]rigus are the only things that helped me get through that game.
>>
I genuely hate some pokemon from Gen 5 but damn BW has the best story plot of pokemon games so far and no other game can even compete against it nowdays.
>>
>>29883887
Fuck off, underage.
>>
File: 1477972445201.jpg (25KB, 457x457px) Image search: [Google]
1477972445201.jpg
25KB, 457x457px
>>29883891

>B/W clearly market themselves as having NEW 150 pokemon from START to FINISH
>BAWW WHERE ARE THE OLD MONS?? BAWWW
>>
>>29883891
But this is objectively worse than the Gen 4 flaws, since it has Gen 4's flaws and more.
>>
I don't care what anybody says, the original BW was amazing.

>Having 150 brand new mons was very refreshing after seeing Zubat from Gen 1-4
>Incredible pacing
> Deepest story
>Characters with interesting philosophies
>Fast battles after Gen 4

They aren't entirely perfect, but I'll be hard to pressed to say that these are bad even for Gen 5 standards
>>
File: Just why.png (106KB, 350x306px) Image search: [Google]
Just why.png
106KB, 350x306px
LITERAL
GARBAGE
>>
>>29883435
It's mostly just the new pokemon designs that rubbed some the wrong way, mainly genwun fags that saw a small resurgence after hgss. The games themselves are well liked, maybe even more now that nostalgia for them is starting to kick in.
>>
>>29883891
let's not forget that white forest and black city eroded away even before you unlocked them, so a player who drags the story mode out and doesn't/can't streepass could literally have the area dead before he ever got it.
>>
>>29884023

10 bad pokemon dont make 140 worse
>>
>>29883435
Fuck if I know. They weren't PERFECT but imo they had less flaws than any game since at the very least.

>>29883989
You forgot the part where Gen 4 was unremarkable as fuck.
>>
>>29884072
Give me ten(10!) well designed pokemon from gen 5, i dare you.
>>
>>29884073
You forgot the part where Gen 5 was unremarkable as fuck.
>>
>>29884023
don't you dis the greatest derp face ever.

>I will literally name any shiny female i get Hanako and use it forever, and even sought out JPN versions for improved shiny rates.

>still think people believe im trolling them as I wonder trade like a hundred of these every so often because my shiny luck with it is terrible.
>>
>>29883798
>the new region focuses on the new pokemon during the main game
>people have a right to complain about bad designs when pokemon like Muk exist
???
>>
loved the game, hated like 95% of the new pokemon though.
>>
>>29884023
And still looks better than all the Ultra Beasts in Sun/Moon.
>>
>>29884131
>game with arguably the most memorable story and characters in the series
>unremarkable
Meanwhile I can barely remember anyone from Gen 4 aside from Cynthia, and that could just be because she's GF's Lightning.
>>
>>29884098
Ferrothorn, Emolga, Excadrill, Whimsicott, Sawsbuck, Jellicent, Galvantula, Accelgor, Haxorus, Meinshao.
>>
>>29883435
Possibly something to do with Simi- pokemon and the first gym.
>>
>>29884098
Excadrill
Stoutland
Conkelldurr
Darmanitan
Whimsicott
Krookidile
Swoobat
Confagrigus
Cincinno
Archeops
Braviary
Reuniclus
Volcarona
Sawsbuck
Bouffalant
Bisharp
Meinshao
Jellicent
I can keep going if you want
>>
Completely off topic, but where is my nigga Hilbert
>>
>>29884098
Minccino/Cinccino
Gigalith
Excadrill
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny
Scolipede
Crustle
Sigilyph
Garbodor
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Emolga
Escavalier
Galvantula
Eelektross
Beheeyem
Chandelure
Bisharp
Braviary
Hydreigon
Volcarona
>>
>>29884191
I can't remember shit from gen 5. It's a bland, uninteresting ride from setpiece to setpiece in the most linear region GF has ever concieved spewing the worst story imaginable which end with the worst twist I've ever fucking seen. Gen 5 was when I realized it was all going downhill, and that PtHGSS was the peak of the franchise.
>>
>>29884098
Reshiram, Kyurem, Zekrom, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Crustle, Snivy, Zorua, Volcarona, Larvesta, Axew, Deino, Durant, Vanillite, Bisharp, Escavalier, Archeops, Jellicent, Basculin, and etc.
>>
>>29884098

you are going to dislike them anyways but I will take the bait because I am retarded

Volcarona
Hydreigon
Genesect
Braviary
Gigalith
Escadrill
Scolipede
Haxorus
Golurk
Reuniclus
Archeops
Stoutland
Galvantula
Escavalier
Cinccino
Zoroark
Whimsicott
Chandelure
>>
Black and White made metagame great again back then. Now it is ruined by Sun and Moon shitfest
>>
>>29884302
>Black and White made metagame great again back then

How?
>>
>>29884189
Shut up dumbass

>>29884023
You too, Garbrodor is great
>>
>>29884297
At least you're honest about it, Anon.
>>
File: 185px-Black_White_Hilbert.png (83KB, 185x436px) Image search: [Google]
185px-Black_White_Hilbert.png
83KB, 185x436px
>>29884253
Stealing your girl.
>>
>>29884023
Yeah it works great with the theme of New York
They have to take out garbage every day of the week
>>
>>29884297
>Braviary

Only bad one on the list, great taste dude.
>>
>>29884335
>Shut up dumbass

Still upset over getting cucked by Gay Freak I see.

The Ultra Beasts make Vanillite look like the pinnacle of Pokemon design.
>>
Almost every other game before black and white
>restrict access to certain areas and only let you progress after you finished one specific goal, with the non linear choices you do make being completely irrelevant
>/VP/: ...
>Black and White: Does the same thing
>/VP/: LINEAR PIECE OF SHIT REEEE
>>
>>29884253
>>29884364
He's just with Reshiram

In the Light Stone :^)
>>
>>29884438
This is an 18+ site
>>
>>29884418
What's wrong with Braviary? It looks better than like 80% of the non-legendary bird Pokemon.
>>
I loved most of the pokemon from part 5. I just gated the region. It was a bore to travel through the first time, traveling through in the second game made it tedious and a chore. While I liked the avatars for the first b/w game I hated even looking at the ones I was forced to play with in the second game. Yes the games had a story but I just found myself completely uninterested at all in it.

I know I am one of the few people who find gen 5 to be their least favorite generation. I just do not see the appeal to it at all outside of the pokedex, which I did like. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.
>>
>>29884468
From what I can remember, Hidden Abilities ruined the meta by making everything about weather.
>>
>>29884464
>take a bald eagle
>attach turkey feathers so it's no longer bald
>boring typing
>"is this american enough? better make it red white and blue"
>100% male so by Pokemon's breeding rules it literally should not exist

It's shit and I really hate it. I don't get why it's so loved but whatever.
>>
>>29884475
>of the few people
Almost everyone on /vp/ hates Gen 5.
Again it's only the vocal minority who loves it.
>>
>>29884520
(You)
>>
>>29884520
>making shitty bait this obvious
>>
>very boring region only salvaged by its sequel with its new and overhauled areas
>the few interesting areas in the game are mostly relegated to post-game, and there's not much to do in them in that post-game
>like first of every generation, little optional content, though it and DP do have a good deal for being the first
>many new Pokemon evolve astonishingly late and under natural level curve will be useless in endgame due to still being unevolved
>story that forces the chosen one rhetoric many players don't like on you the most of the series
>seasons for being such a big mechanic impact very little other than Winter
>fuck Cheren

It's solid enough, but it's personally my least favorite mainline entry. XY at least had the virtue of being the first game where getting serious into competitive legitimately was actually feasible, and as a setting I personally liked Kalos more than Unova even if Kalos was full of wasted potential.
>>
>>29884297
Without Scolipede and Stoutland this list is perfect.
>>
>>29883435
Literally no postgame.
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>29884591
>>
>>29884520
Nice try, but no.
>>
>>29884587
What the FUCK is wrong with you
>>
>>29884520
No, I hear it outside of /vp/ most people like them. Especially the second game.
>>
>>29884614
>Two empty towns
>One legendary
>Battle Tower clone
Hm no

>>29884665
That guy had it backwards - /vp/ loves B/W, the general populace doesn't. Worst-selling gen.
>>
>>29883435
Worst:
>new pokemon introduced
>story
>music

I do love the sequels because they have so much to do. They are probably the best games content-wise even though the story is still annoying and bad.
>>
They were a step back from gen 4 in a lot of ways
The graphics were messy, the region design was boring (literally a circle) and the dex seemed poorly disturbed
>>
>>29884591
it had plenty of stuff to do even without a long post game. most of it just went to shit once the nintendo wi fi network got shut down
>>
>>29884767
This. I actually enjoyed contests, Battle Frontier, following Pokemon, and even ball capsules. All gone. Plus Gen V started the whole forcing you to catch the box mascot and forcing you to use it.
>>
>>29884856
>Worst selling gen because of priacy
>Meanwhile Sun and Moon leaked almost a week early and yet still topped the preorder charts
Lmao stay delusional Unovabortion
>>
>>29885066
Yeah this seems just a little bit biased. And by little bit I mean a lot.
>>
File: 1478742566390.png (9KB, 318x296px) Image search: [Google]
1478742566390.png
9KB, 318x296px
>>29883435
I don't hate them, but I feel they are subpar. The region felt really cold and mechanical. The plot was good, I feel they could do something better with that. I love all of the region's mon, I really don't understand the hate.
Black 2 and White 2 are fucking amazing, though.
>>
>>29885066
wow, almost all of these points are complete shit
>>
>>29885066
>Gen IV perfected it

Touch screen only got good in XY with PSS

Also RSE has the worst spritework
>>
>>29885079
When the fuck did preorders equal sales?
>>
Also if so many of the Gen. 5 Pokemon were shit what was all that talk about Power creep?
>>
>>29885167
Who wants to bother arguing with a retard?
>>
>>29883738

Um, no. Right from the launch of BW to the day before BW2 was launched in Japan, BW was the most hated game EVER. Mostly because no one liked the designs, the sprites looked choppy for some folks and there were no old Pokémon in the main story. I was one of the haters lol, but times has passed and guess everyone now sees it as it was, a great game with one of the best plots, and arguably the peak of Pokémon overworld (BW2).
>>
>>29883435
I just hate how bad the pkm look like in motion
>>
>>29885249
That's why their obsessed with N and the Subway Bosses right?
>>
>>29885167
to contest a few points

>"weather wars"

don't get the argument here

>the geography of the region

does nothing to detract from gameplay and is something no one actually cares about

>"worst villainous team"

is not an actual argument and is made from blind nostalgia faggotry. especially when Team Magma's plan is the most retarded in the series because of basic science

>"90 percent of the new pokemon were garbage"

except no? not sure why this is an actual point considering the shit we've gotten in other gens

>"hard mode only unlocked after beating the game once"

it's also the one game with a hard mode, so using this argument to say that it's the worst in the series is bullshit
>>
>>29885066
>worst villain team
>What are Team Magma/Aqua and Flare?
>>
>>29885450
N and the two women from the intro who help him plus Skyla, Elesa, Caitlin and Shauntal were the exceptions, but almost everything else was hated to death.
>>
>>29885066
Team Magma, Team Aqua and Team Flare were worst.

>>29885346
I always thought that Hoennbabies were worse.
True Genwunners aren't even part of this fanbase anymore.
>>
>>29885715
Don't forget that boy Grimsley. There's a specific reason why an unexpected character like him would a cameo now, and that's because apparently Japan cherishes him
>>
>>29885790
Meh I don't know.
Zinnia being the mastermind and Courtney/ Matt trying to destroy the world for stupid reasons make them even worst to me in my opinion.
>>
>>29885740
>bad designs outweigh the good designs

Name 80 bad designs from that gen
>>
I love bw1, but don't like bw2 at all.

I think it's the first time I prefer the "first games" over the "second games". Platinum, emerald etc but bw2? bw1 is just better for me in every aspect. It's not I don't understand why people love bw2 so much but why they prefer it to bw1? It's just... I'm completely lost.
>>
>>29886050
She was the one who convinced Team Magma/Aqua to awaken Groudon/Kyogre.

She manipulated them because she wanted Rayquaza to appear because of Groudon/Kyogre destroyig the world.
>>
>>29884856
Honestly I'd believe this. BW came out at the peak of flash carts and successful DS emulation, and the english translation patch meant you could finish the game well before official release. It was the first and only gen I didn't buy a copy of.
>>
>>29886132
* and to stop the meteorite.
>>
BW1 fucking sucked.

The story is even worse than Sun and Moons because of how fucking seriously it tried to take itself despite being a kids game
>>
>Sales are indicative of how good a game is meme
Vanilla D3 is better than D2 right? And the past 5 CoDs are magnum opuses.
>>
>>29886278
V>IV>II>III>VI>I

Done
>>
>>29886047
> I'm completely lost.
Because your underage now fuck off
>>
>>29886296
The argument was because it sold less, it wasn't popular. And because it is less popular; it isn't good and deserves the shit it gets. Those were the implications.
>>
>>29886047
You're not alone, I'm with you.
B/W threw you into a whole new world with NO access to old Pokemon through the main game, which made you (like it or not) really learn to grow with your new partners.
B/W2 was a better game in terms of mechanics, but I liked B/W better for the experience as a whole.
>>
>>29886278
>>29886318
5 > 3 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 2
>>
>>29886125
>Thinks preorders equal sales
>Apparently I'm the retarded one

Kek.
>>
>>29886481
>m-my opinion is law!
autist
>>
>>29886208
>Implying that Sun and Moon doesn't take itself seriously
>>
>29886511
moshi moshi baito desu
Try harder for your (you) next time.
>>
Terrible sprites.

Awful and boring map/region/geography

Bottom screen was retarded and useless

Boring story

Really forgettable games overall
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 744x574px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 744x574px
>>29886511
>Swadloon

Fuckin NECK YOURSELF
>>
Something i respect about gen 5 is that it didn't need to jump the shark in terms of gameplay changes. Abilities, Natures, and the physical and special split made sure that they had the tools to make a variety of pokemon, they didn't need to do any more big changes outside of adding new abilities and moves. Instead they focused on other little details like the story, giving each gym a unique and memorable theme, and features like the Join Avenue, PWT and Black Tower/White Treehollow. Why weren't megas or z-moves added in gen5? Was it because of technical limitations? Or is there another reason?
>>
>>29883435
Unova haters are retards, you have to be very freaking stupid to hate the best pokemon games ever fucking created YH SUCK MY DICK EMERALDFAGS.
>>
>>29886677
2nd best for me

DP is an anchor to how high the games are of the generation
>>
>29886649
>implying I asked that question
>implying pokemon like Mienshou and Reuniclus lines are shit design
>implying most of what you list is bad design
Shit taste. Fuck off.
>>
>>29886847
Tell that to the head of the series :^)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Junichi_Masuda#Trivia
>>
>>29886546
At least theres a lot of humor in it

I dont remember any jokes in BW
>>
>>29885257
RSE has garbage sprites with wonky shading, perspective, proportions, and off model from official artwork in coloration in several instances, though yes, RGB is worse.

And the fact of the matter is the features on the touch screen in later games are not part of the Poketch, would they work good together? Sure, but they weren't, and what Gen VI had on it greatly out matched what the Poketch had in my book.

By the way, things like the Friendship Checker and Type Matchups are rolled into the Xtransceiver in BW2.
>>
The claim that BW bombed in Japan is bullshit. GF is based in Japan and Japanese companies, yes, even Nintendo, make games for a Japanese audience as their core market and since BW was among the most popular games right after release it was the success they had with it and the positive feedback they got to go ahead with the first sequel in the series since G/S/C. Sales in Japan went through the roof and that goes for BW2 as well. The only problem? It didn't take off in Europe due to it's massively late release so a lot of people pirated it already. The region being based on America could be another reason.
>>
>>29887009
So is casualization shit taste you tell me!
>>
>>29886847
You are objectively a moron with shit taste
>>
>>29887023
Chandelure is so beloved in Japan that it got into Pokken despite not even having any fucking limbs
>>
>>29886511
can you offer a detailed explanation for why each of these designs are bad?
>>
>>29886937
I don't remember any jokes in 1, 2, 3, and 4 either. I don't understand why people criticize B and W for taking themselves seriously when gens 1 through 4 do it, too.

Giratina is literally the pokemon devil.
>>
Strangely, people who consider gen IV the best games sometimes hate Unova. But apart from the remakes you can't take the main series games any serious... D/P were a joke and Platinum was a pile of shit with the most confusing map ever. Also Pokemon distribution in game was only slightly better.
>>
>>29887026
i don't even remember most of the gen 6 pokemon so this is obviously a lie
>>
>>29886937
Gen. 3 takes itself noticeably more seriously than the two generations before it.
>>
>>29887087
?
>>
>>29883435
5>3>6>1>4>2
objective ratings
>>
>>29883435
Way too many shit pokemon designs.
I played that gen the least, and the first pokemon that come to mind for me were the 6 garbage looking monkeys, the literal icecream, the literal trashbag, the starters (Which were shit), that retarded pink rock pokemon, the complete shit legends (Outside of Zekrom), the foetusmon that had 2 filler evolutions, and the gothiclolita line, which looked like garbage.

They had a lot of new pokemon, but most of the lines were shit or just had extra evos thrown in to pad numbers. Don't get me wrong, some designs were good, but the majority were shit.

The super linear world with tiny towns was pretty garbo too. Honestly, I liked it, but it was really flawed.
>>
>>29887247
Are you trying to tell me a Pokemon looks like a butt cheek?

How old are you?
>>
I will also rank Gen V as my least favorite gen not because of any objective flaws - after all there is essentially very little to change the core game. The updated features are nice of course. But I felt like I could never get a real appreciation of the games because I couldn't stand the new Pokémon. I didn't like their designs on an aesthetic level and I didn't like that some were just straight copies of older Pokémon. I enjoyed the sequels a little bit more since I could use older Pokémon (and easy access to my favorite Unovamon, Volcarona). But it's hard to like the games when you don't like the dex.
>>
>>29883435
The fact that you had no choice but to play with the new pokemon pre-Elite 4 made people hate the hell out of it. Frankly, I love BW. Unova was indeed a linear country, but it still had its charms. And that postgame in the sequels, ugh. B2W2 are up there with me with HGSS as best games the series has offered.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>29887190
>Gen 4 that low
>>
>>29887521
>Pokemon Crystal had everything
For its gen, yes.
>>
>>29888036
Pokemania didn't survive long enough for Gen 2 to be considered "the golden age" of Pokémon. Gen 1 is the height of Pokemon obsession, we will never see that level of enthusiasm again.
>>
>>29883435
If I'm not mistaken Black and White's release was what caused this board to be crated in the first place, so it's possibly people were just tired of it being spammed non-stop all over the place and some of that bitterness has managed to remain through the years.
>>
>>29883435
I have a friend who hated it when he got it on release while I waited it out for a Gray version. He said it was terrible because "they got rid of every old pokemon.... even pikachu. Only new ones appear. And they're all ice cream and garbage cans."
>>
It was the worst generation of new pokemon. 3 starters that were all shit (smugsnek only matters now that it has its hidden ability), and looked like shit as well.

That's why people play these games, they want new pokemone that they can like. GenV brought very few exciting new typings/designs that people wanted to use.

>I play pokemon games for the story

You're already doing it wrong.
>>
>>29885069
>started the whole
I dont think you can blame a gen for what happened in newer gens man.
>>
>>29888781
>>29888637
>being this elitist over which game you like
It's a series for kids, you fucking fags. Go get laid
>>
>>29887961
Literally me
>>
>>29883435
Didn't like most of the new Pokemon and I didn't like that you were forced to use them. Stupidly high evolution levels, and an underwhelming soundtrack. It ain't bad it just doesn't hold up to the others for me. The story isn't as good as people make it out to be but the characters were pretty good. Black and White 2 are actually underrated as fuck.
>>
Nobody complains that FR/LG didn't let you use pokemon from Hoenn and Johto. What gives?
>>
>>29889244
Bad analogy.
>>
>>29883435
A lot of reasons. A game being set outside of Japan pissed off the Japanese. Being set in America pissed off the Yuropoors. Having no old Pokemon until post-game pissed off the "muh bros" crowd. And having some actual changes to the fornula after 4 generations of exactly the same shit pissed off...most of the fanbase desu.

So in general lot of really stupid reasons. I've yet to see some real criticism of Gen 5 that wasn't hyper-subjective or flat out retarded.
>>
>>29889631
To be fair, remaking a game is tricky. You want to include enough new content and features to justify the existence of the remakes but you don't want to include too many changes that might make the games seem drastically different than the original games.

So it makes sense that they included natures, abilities, shiny Pokemon, etc. but excluded secret bases, weather, contests, etc.

But the one thing I will concede is the lack of a day and night cycle (and therefore no Umbreon or Espeon) is unfortunate and one of the big problems with Gen 3 as a whole. There is no defending this.
>>
>>29883435

My favorite games tied with Platinum.

Best story in the series, the fact that BW2 shafted it so hard it what made me dislike those games.
>>
>>29884057
Wait, what? Can you explain please? I scarcely remember the mechanics of it
>>
gen v was fucking amazing. we got 2 games. tons of new pokemon to choose (and since there were 2 games, I was able to choose two great teams for the gen).

>low hp battle theme was the best thing
>>
>>29892438
>Clay's Excadrill
>>
>>29885249
>BW was the most hated game EVER
>What is XY?
>>
>>29892438
>>29892303

I love how this theme is still used in the anime. Removing it from the games was a mistake.
>>
>>29886511
>Tepig
>Snivy
>Serperior
>Seismitoad
>Turtouga
>Carracosta
>Swadloon
>Axew
>Fraxure
>Reuniclus
>Excadrill
>Accelgor
>Excavalier

What the fuck is wrong with you? Also so many of these would just be considered mediocre designs that non-spergs would just be indifferent to. You're trying way too hard to fill in your quota.

>>29886513
Excellent taste. If I were to add Gen 7
5 >3 > 7 > 1 > 4 > 6 > 2
>>
>>29888036
Gen 2 killed Pokemania.
>>
>>29892880
Mediocre designs still aren't good designs. Either way what makes a design good or not is subjective opinion so it's a waste of breath to accuse someone of having a wrong opinion.

Either you like the Unovadex, you were indifferent to it, or you didn't like it. I didn't like it so I just skipped BW all together until BW2 came out.
>>
>>29884452
too fucking soon dude
>>
>>29892947
Getting older killed Pokemania.
>>
>>29888036
Anon, you're right.
>>
>>29883435
they don't even feel like pokemon games desu
good music, though
>>
File: Spr_b_3f_075.png (667B, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_b_3f_075.png
667B, 64x64px
>>29885066
Alright, let's analyze those hot opinions/facts
>90% of the new pokemon were garbage and they forced you to use them, locking you out of 493 Pokemon for no reason
That was a step in the right direction in my opinion since it actually feels like a new region and forces the player to adapt.
>Shitty story shoved in your face every 5 steps
Point taken, you did get stopped every so often.
>Awful character designs
Such as?
>Weather wars
Point taken again, but the HAs were a nice idea that made pokemon once useless quite good, Feraligatr stopped being shit for example.
>Shitty use of the bottom screen after Gen 4 perfected it
I agree, but it makes me wonder why couldn't they add the C-gear as part of a Poketch
>Godawful region that is a straight line
Not as straight as many like to say, there's a lot of stuff you can find by backtracking with Surf.
Kalos was a much worse offender, that map was really deceitful.
>No postgame other than 3 towns, two of which had absolutely nothing in them
They were the first entry in the series after all, and the Postgame was actually quite hefty, around the same level as D/P
>Worst starters in the series
Yeah, pretty much
>Most of the new Pokemon were bargain bin versions of existing pokemon
They covered the same niche, as in "token cave rock pokemon" and so on, but they do look quite different
>Worst sprites in the series after Gen 1
Arguable, for once you could see the entire body of the pokemon at all times and avoided shit like pic related.
>Hard mode only unlocked after beating the game once
That is sorta retarded even though some games also do this, but that's in B2W2
>Have to fight the E4 twice to become champion and their teams are not changed in the rematches
Now that is just untrue, they get 2 additional pokemons each.
>Worst villanous team
Now that is a hot opinion right there, but no team will ever be as bad as Magma/Aqua or Flare.
Especially Flare which was a rich kids club.
>>
>>29883435
The main problem is the lack of backtracking, which makes the game feel much more linear than it already is. Also the silly plot.
But I like BW
>>
>>29887319
>If you like V, you hate II
Lies, I hate VI, II is pretty good
>>
File: 1478451659787.jpg (168KB, 745x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1478451659787.jpg
168KB, 745x1072px
I don't hate B&W, but they were my least Favorite games. It's the only main series Pokemon game that I've never beaten. In hindsight I don't think the Pokemon designs from those games were bad, but there were very few that I really liked and wanted to use.

Team Plasma or the story they went for wasn't that interesting to me. It's definitely not the main reason I didn't finish the game but it didn't help.

I don't fault people for liking it though, they just weren't my cup of tea.

Also, Whimsicott a cute.
>>
>>29886586
More like 94

I challenge you to find a flaw about my bitch: Meloetta
>>
File: Red Handed.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
Red Handed.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>mfw this thread

what the heck I just like Pokemon
>>
NO
OO
>>
File: N_Zekrom.png (2MB, 1744x1264px) Image search: [Google]
N_Zekrom.png
2MB, 1744x1264px
BW was full of powerful moments and unforgettable music. All those moments where Gym Leader's Last Pokemon, Route 10, Farewell and To Our Respective Futures played sent me chills. Those are sensation I haven't been able to feel with other games and that I miss. The lack of continuity in BW2, or rather how the game insisted on making the protagonists' and their close ones lives miserable left me so unsatisfied.

I was one of those people who didn't give a damn about Pokemon story, even if I liked the lore thanks to DPPt, until I played BW.
>>
File: HNI_0073.jpg (32KB, 438x438px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0073.jpg
32KB, 438x438px
>>29886511
>84. Diggersby
>>
>>29897069
54 oops
>>
>>29883435
Inconsistent graphics, ugly environment, overdone story, very little good pokemon designs, ui felt like a step back from HGSS. It had good things but the bad things hit hard for me.
>>
File: 1478845867413.jpg (42KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1478845867413.jpg
42KB, 600x600px
>>29897207
>>
Terrible looking gen 5 pokemon the List
I ommited some Pokémon in the same line to a better looking design. Obviously I am being overly harsh, but some of these designs actually fill me with rage
Serperior
Pignite
Emboar
Samuraott
Cottonee
Petilil
Simisear
Simipoar
Timbur
Gurdurr
Conceldurr
Rogenrolla
Woobat
Ducklett
Trubbish
Garbodor
Karrablast
Stunfisk
Drillbur
Cryogonal
Terrakion
Virizion
Cubchuu
Beartic
Patrat
Watchog
Pidove
Tranquill
Unpheazent
Darukama
Sigiglyth
Sawk
Throh
Muna
Yamask
Tynamo
Elecktrik
Rufflet
Vullaby
Foongus
Amoongus
Escavileer
Accelgor
Gothitelle
Audino
Typole
Palpatoad
>>
Terrible looking gen 5 pokemon the List
I ommited some Pokémon in the same line because of a better looking design. Obviously I am being overly harsh, but some of these designs actually fill me with rage
START
Serperior
Pignite
Emboar
Samuraott
Cottonee
Petilil
Simisear
Simipoar
Timbur
Gurdurr
Conceldurr
Rogenrolla
Woobat
Ducklett
Trubbish
Garbodor
Karrablast
Stunfisk
Drillbur
Cryogonal
Terrakion
Virizion
Cubchuu
Beartic
Patrat
Watchog
Pidove
Tranquill
Unpheazent
Darukama
Sigiglyth
Sawk
Throh
Muna
Yamask
Tynamo
Elecktrik
Rufflet
Vullaby
Foongus
Amoongus
Escavileer
Accelgor
Gothitelle
Audino
Typole
Palpatoad
>>
File: Autism.jpg (69KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
Autism.jpg
69KB, 1000x400px
>>29897310
>designs actually fill me with rage
>>
Also heatmor and durant suck too
>>
>>29885066
>No postgame other than 3 towns, two of which had absolutely nothing in them
B2/W2 had the absolute most post-game content of any of the currently released games.
>>
Meh, it was okay.
https://youtu.be/CV_2u6EDx6c
The music was fucking good.
>>
Games i played: ruby, sapphire, platinum, heartgold, black, white, black 2, y, and red (currently)
Ranking:
6) II: Honestly, Despite not playing in this gen, it only had gsc, which are kinda outclassed by their remakes. But i do loves the pokemon they introduced, like scizor and houndoom. also they balanced out psychic so props to them. And OMG SILVER IS SO...
5) VI: Now I was Super exited when I heard about X and Y. Quite Honestly, i liked the games a lot. Lots of cool mons, region was pretty cool, and a few good characters (only a few). But what killed it for me wasnt the mega evolution, or its difficulty (which was nonexistant.), what killed it for me was team flare. had a cool concept, poor execution. Cant remember a single admins name (besides xerosic) because of how little we encounter them, the designs were pretty bad (c'mon, you team flare, come up with some better uniforms, isnt fashion your sort of thing?) and lysandre...to me, he was a prick. and the argument of if he is still alive or not is pretty annoying (and obvious). And garbage postgame. but ORAS kinda saved it, making every pokemon available between those 4 games, it made completing the dex a helluva lot easier. amazing features, plus a tiny bit of nostalgia (ruby was my first video game ever), it made the generation pretty cool. but it still gets outclassed.
>>
4) I: now i know genwunners are going to whine about this, but here me out. I am currently playing red and in no way, shape or form is it a bad game...sort of. it was really buggy, and not all that appealing visually. Now i understand that it was because it was only for the original gb, but it doesnt make it better. but i like this gen a lot though. As the into to the series, it had a lot of cool ideas and concepts. the pokemon were pretty awesome, the retro music was catchy, and the difficulty was just perfect (unless your doing a nuzlock (which I am) then its dang near impossible). and, like gen II, because it RGY/RBY was the only thing this gen, it gets outclassed by its remakes because it does the same thing, but better. but as i said, this gen is not a bad gen.
3) III; My first game was ruby. i was 8. I picked treeko. i ran through gyms. smashed team magma. caught groudon. and was having the time of my life. Played sapphire years later. did the same thing. Played fire red. tried the mew under the truck myth (it didnt work). What im saying is i have fond memories of this gen. to me, ruby was the og protagonist. the region was cool and felt quite natural (as in seemed to have a deep connection with nature) and the mons, i liked a lot. one thing i will admit is that the rivals were kinda trash. I wasnt able to name may or battle her post e-4, and wally never really felt like a rival. as for fire red, played it dwhen i was in middle school, and didnt understand a lot of it. i sent months trying everything on the internet trying to get deoxys. but those events have long passed and i was never able to get them (until oras. yay.) also, i didnt know emerald was a thing, so i had little post game (not that i really cared at the time.) but being the age i was, i say i had the most fun just exploring the hoenn and kanto regions. so nothing else really mattered. im sure if i played those games now, they would be lower on the list though.
>>
2) IV: now i only played 2 games in gen IV, Platinum, and Heartgold. When I started playing platinum, i was sort of in the same mindset as when i was playing gen 3, didnt care for much, just exploring. however, the graphics were phonominal (in late middle school mind you) a bunch of features that i would spend days on end messing with, music was awesome and the pokemon contest, which was my main focus once i reached it. But what takes the cake was when i reached the top of mount cornet and entered the distortion world. from that point on, giratina instantly became my favorite legendary. team galactic, same feels as team flare, but i like team galactic more because at least it seemed like they know what they were doing. Of to heartgold where jhoto...OMG I WANT A VACA-HOUSE THERE. the region was so traditional and pretty, and the pokemon were in my top favorites. let me tell you I LOVE JHOTO. fighting silver (who i named larry for some reason) was pretty fun. and when i found out he was giovanni's son years later, i lost my sh*t. the music was phanominal, had a pretty good story (sort of), and the numerous things i could do postgame was more than enough to keep me happy. and lets not forget the pokewalker. i took that thing everywhere! now, i got the game pretty late (between the time spiky eared pichu was distributed and celebi was distributed), and when the games were near the end, i learned about ev's and stupidly tried to train my fully evouvd fully trained starters. (lol, right) But soon, it ended with the next gen. i still kept platinum, though i didnt do much with it afterwards.
>>
>>29897353
>Not getting the reference
>>
1) V: This seems to be the unpopular opinion for some reason, but remember its an opinion. gen 5 was my favorite gen for a multitude of reasons. A) it was based off new york. i live in new york. having a region based on your home was the most awesome thing ever. and it was after that i learned that ALL the regions were based off real locations (didnt know kanto was a real place). B) It came out during my first year of high school. now a high school in new york...nobody plays pokemon. so the fact that i can battle, trade and such over wifi was the best! C) pretty sure we can all agree it had the best story. it actually made you think about the morality of the series (you beat em up either way, but its still fun to think about). N is legitley the coolest antagonist, because he want evil, he just wanted what was best for pokemon, which made him seem more of a rival than a villan. and did it in a way that would harm neither humans or pokemon (unlike those ignorant team magma/aqua leaders), so it shows he is true with his intentions. and every character had personality. know gym guy? he got a name! (its clyde) gym leaders have legit things they do outside of their gyms. And ghetsis...i hate ghetsis, not in the way i do lysandre, but in a way where fighting and beating him makes you feel like the hero you are. and continuing 2 years later (on my birthday too!), seeing old team plasma vs new team plasma was the most awesome thing i have ever seen (other than seeing an npc use a legendary against yours). when zekrom and kyurem fused, i thought it was pretty gimmicky, but the design was cool, so i let it slide. and after all was said and done, you see N and wonder "if N is here, then what happened to black?" D) pwt was the main thing i was doing post game. facing EVERY gym leader and champion was the the best thing ever and made you feel like you were really the strongest trainer in the world. people lost it when they saw red in sun and moon. well, he was in b2w2 as well.
>>
E) now a lot of people complain about the pokemon, but dont think about the region theyre in. "oh, its just a pile of garbage!" well, walk around nyc and tell me if its litter free. I like a the designs, yes even the ice cream cone (something about that smile). F) this gen was when i started playing competitive. "oh, but it was just weather wars!" well, thats more of the players faults, not the game itself. remember its the players that make the metagame. But not gonna lie, i jumped into that war. Ran hail...didnt end well. i guess it just that this hen is where i started seeing pokemon as a whole, and that is why its my favorite. now its not without it's flaws. the power creep, few bad designs, sky drop glitch, b-citw/w-forest was pretty boring, rivals, not the best but not the worst (at least they became something in 2 years), the list can go on.

So for me, it's II<VI<I<III<IV<V. and please remember this is my PERSONAL OPINION!
>>
>>29897348
>>29897310
What the FUCK did you say about my main man Palpitoad? At least learn to spell the nigga's name correctly. Shit. Taste.
>>
I like VI more than V.

Problems?
>>
>>29887521
>>29887640
Go fuck Stantler
>>
As someone who really liked PokeSpe, B/W was an absolute joy.
>>
>>29883435
BW are big fucking trash but BW2 are fucking awesome tho.
>>
>>29892644
i said WAS, not IS.
>>
File: pkmn trainer card.png (19KB, 246x171px) Image search: [Google]
pkmn trainer card.png
19KB, 246x171px
>>29895165
Seriously, I didn't finish XY but I don't go around calling people jewlord faggots for liking those games. I honestly think the worst are the people who shit on gens 1 4 and 5. They constantly go around calling each other names like "Unovabortion", "Sinnohfetus", and various disparaging names for "genwunners". It's honestly disgusting. Like, I can name off great designs and memorable characters from every gen, admittedly the characters in Gen VI were a bit flat but the anime was great and Greninja is cool. Here's my favorite trainer card I've made, and it's got stuff from gens 2,3,4, and 5 because I'm not a tribal faggot who can't stand new or blood in a children's cockfighting sim fanbase.

I'm gonna call out some people for being autistic retards who can't handle the opinions of others on a mongolian finger painting forum:
>>29897207
>>29888781
>>29888470
>>29888310
>>29887789
>>29887379
>>29887162
>>29886065
>>29886065
>>29885544
I'd go on but I don't want a wall of responses to jackasses on my post
>>
>>29893024
>Mediocre designs still aren't good designs.

He said that the bad designs outweighed good ones and was listing the bad ones. He didn't say anything about mediocre designs, try to keep up.
>>
>>29894514
>Normies love XY
This is because a lot of normies got back into Pokemon with Go. Obviously they're going to pick up the latest games that aren't ORAS (Remember RS is when it became cool to hate Pokemon, so they don't want to play the remakes of them), so XY is the go to choice. Since it's the first actual Pokemon game they have played in years they think it's good.

This is the exact reason there have been people praising XY around here lately trying to claim it's better than Gen 5 for some reason. It's not a coincidence, it happened about a month or so after Go came out.
>>
A reminder folks:
There is a Genwars rule
>>
>>29897348
lol almost all my favorites are there
>>
>>29883435
horrible pixels for back sprite. back sprites are very important to me. played pearl and black for the first time recently and quit not long after starting them.
>>
Some things I liked about BW:
- New mons only until postgame
- Amount of world building with the gyms and towns
- Team Plasma
- N being a giant arrogant "mysterious" prick THAT YOU GOT TO PROVE WRONG

Things I didn't like:
- The rivals
- The rivals
- The rivals

Also I like around 80% of the Gen 5 mons, which is impressive for a region of its size
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.