[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you Catch mareanie without a corsola calling for it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

File: 1478904343882.jpg (2MB, 3264x1824px) Image search: [Google]
1478904343882.jpg
2MB, 3264x1824px
Can you Catch mareanie without a corsola calling for it? I want to Chain a shiny
>>
just get the chained mareanie to call for help?
>>
>>29882423
It doesnt call for help ever if it itself was called by a corsola
>>
Read on a previous thread you can't chain a different species from the original
>>
>>29882475
Yeah, question is if theres a method to find One that hasnt been called by corsolas
>>
>>29882559
In melemele sea it has a 20% chance of appearing in rippling water, and the single fishing spot in route 9 has a 5% chance. those are the two best ways to find it.
>>
>>29882644
I swear i tried 50 rippling sea Spots and nothing. I have to fish there right?
>>
>>29882673
Correct. You also have to fish from a distance because if you get too close the rippling water will disappear.
>>
>>29882688
Ive been doing that with the Spot South east of the Lab since it is always rippling, the other Spots never ripple for me
>>
I have still not found a single One, does anyone have a source for those claims?
>>
Bump for help
>>
Is chain fishing actually still a thing?
>>
>>29884473
No, i want to Chain with adrenaline orbs
>>
>>29882402
You have to find it in the 1% then chain that one. Corsola way wont work
>>
>>29884721
I know but can you still get a shiny with chain fishing?
>>
>>29882644
You're completely wrong, there's no way of making it appear without Corsolas other than the 1% generic chance.
>>
>>29885179
Is that 1% only at that Route 9 Spot?
>>
>>29885274
I retract my statement actually. I don't think there's any way of getting it other than Corsola.
>>
>>29885476
Seriously? Thats so sad
>>
>>29885656
Yeah, can't find the pastebin explaining it completely so have this instead http://www.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=224248464&postcount=4078
>>
>>29886096
Thanks friend, but Let's say a corsola calls for help 30 Times and then the 31th time a mareanie appears. Will that mareanie have the elevated IVs of the corsola Chain?
>>
>>29886273
I have no idea to be honest. Guess we'll have to wait for official release so mass testing can be easily done.
>>
>>29886529
I'll just make a small test rn, kill like 30 corsoloas and then catch a mareanie, see if its IVs are abnormally high
>>
>>29886599
Have fun, post the results when you get back
>>
>>29886672
Well how the fuck do i make the IV rater guy rate my mareanie? Do i progress through the battle tree or what?
>>
>>29886672
Alright, dumped my save and those are the mareanies IVs:

31/21/31/22/31/31

So 4 31, i killed 31 corsolas and 11 mareanies in the progress.

Looks like it definitly works
>>
Where do you fish Corsola? I haven't seen any yet and it's my favorite mon
>>
Where can I find a Corsola then?
>>
>>29882402
Speaking of chaining, what the fuck are the criteria for something to call for help?

I'm trying to chain a shiny Turtonator and the ones on Bluish Mountain just don't call for help. I've been at it for like an hour and they've yet to do it. Any tips?
>>
So how do QR codes work? The official explanation doesn't really tell you anything
>>
>>29888869
>>29888870
fly to kukuis lab on the first island, go to the sea and swim to the south east where 3 rocks are. Theres a fishing spot there with water ripples ontop of it.

Fish there, but from distance so you dont break the ripples. You have a 20% chance of getting corsola.

Enter and leave lab to reset the riplles after a try

>>29888894
Get them to as low hp as possible and use an adreanaline orb
>>
>>29888921
They add the "Seen" but not caught Pokedex data of whatever you scan into your Dex. Scan 10 codes and it'll power up Island Scan, which randomly spawns something not in the Alola dex on the island you're currently on.

Also, any QR code works, not just the ones the game provides you.
>>
>>29888931
>Get them to as low hp as possible and use an adreanaline orb

That's exactly what I've been doing, False Swipe'ing it over and over with an Adrenaline Orb in effect, and it's yet to do it once. I'm baffled.
>>
>>29888961
So I can't scan my own QR codes unless I take a picture of them or something?

Can I only use the same QR codes once? This seems too limited
>>
>>29888961
This looks cool. Any place to scan some mons?
>>
>>29888984
I heard some species do it more often than others, but no evidence here
>>
>>29888993
By any QR code I mean you can literally google "QR Codes" and scan the ones that come up in your search. Just do that.

>>29888999
There's an imgur album with the entire Alola dex codes somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
>>
>>29882402
Pkhex
>>
>>29889044
>and scan the ones that come up in your search. Just do that.
Fuck this ruins any 'challenge'. I guess I'll just not use this feature then
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.