[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing pokemon moon >million cutscenes until I get to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1478666667149.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478666667149.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>playing pokemon moon
>million cutscenes until I get to the big city
>finally I can explore
>enter city
>*cutscene*
>camera pans slowly across the only street with buildings you can't enter
>hau: haha just gonna run super slow to the beach!
>cutscene ends
>go 5 steps
>*cutscene*
>Lillie: yo there's a super cool thing called a poke finder but it's only for people that have rotom dex
>Clerk: you can take pictures of pokemon with a poke finder! it's so cool
suddenly Hau appears
Hau: Oh a poke finder? you can take pictures of wild pokemons with it it's so awesome man
>get poke finder and get the fuck out of that place
>finally I can-
>Man: hey you got a poke finder? here lemme show you how to use it. see this hole? you can take pictures of pokemon through the hole!
>cutscene ends
>I bet this is optinal, just gonna go-
>*cutscene*
Man: haha where do you think you are going? Aren't you gonna try the poke finder? come on it's so awesome

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK JUST LET ME FUCKING PLAY WTF LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>29879771
Are you 12? Or a genwunner because no one else would be made that a Pokémon game has a story and plot
>>
>>29879771
>edgy frog
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>!!!!!!!!!!
Opinion discarded.
>>
File: Mind Crush.gif (915KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Mind Crush.gif
915KB, 500x375px
>>29880381
Not him, but having a lot of cutscenes for a tutorial doesn't make a good story.
I've had the same problem with Xenoblade Chronicles, where you can't take 5 steps without some cutscene interfering to explain you that you need to use the "A" button to confirm something.
You know, after 20 years of pokemon existing, I think an option to skip stuff like this would be nice. I've been playing pokemon since RBY, I know how to catch a pokemon. And I'll figure out how a camera works.
>>
>>29879771
ADD must be terrible
>>
>>29880381
Not even OP but

>playing video games for story and plot

wew lad, just watch a movie
>>
>>29879771
I hope you enjoy that kind of storytelling, because it goes on for the entire story + postgame. Ignore the retarded posters above, it's terrible and ohmori should fuck off for directing this shit.
>>
>>29880381
Obviously a lot of people play games for the plot/flavor/side content but there's no excuse not to have a skip button.
>>
>>29880381
>Invasive tutorial = plot
Have you ever played anything other than Pokémon, anon?
>>
>>29882233
This.

It's even worse when it's just an excuse for a plot, which is the case for every pokemon game.
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>29880381
Cutscenes about forced actions that are irrelevant to the story isn't exactly plot.
>>
so when can i actually play the game? It seems like its playing me...
>>
>>29882901
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtBVldLtvD0
>>
>>29882901
After completion of the postgame. I'm not joking.
>>
>faggots that are just accepting of the devastating effects to game pacing that this handholding bullshit has created.

Fuck off. Go ahead and just shout about how I have ADD or whatever. This fucking ruins games, and is objectively worse game design than encouraging players to do it for themselves, or being intuitive enough that you don't have to shove it down their throats.

I'll never pay full price for a zelda game again after skyward sword
>>
>>29882144
remember the assume the games played by children, and modern phone gaming kids, so even more dumb..

let's also nto forget the age old problem of japanese rpg pacing
>ignore the core plot for 2/3 to 3/4 of the game
>literally dump as much of the exposition as possible into the last bit.
>>
>>29882978
i expect all jrpgs to be paced as followed

>hand held assume i'm a moron tutorial
>every fucking thing after is filler/character stuff
>just before we start the final 3rd of the game, every single important bit and plot point is brought up finally.

there are exceptions but if its animu and an rpg in anyway i expect this pacing.
>>
>>29882978
Fucking this!

Ocarina of Time/ Link to the Past:
Mandatory cut-scene, some dialog, explore and figure out the game by doing something or interacting with something.

Skyward Sword:
Mandatory cut-scene, lots of dialog, forced interactions, and more cut-scenes. Remember, your battery is running low!

Pokémon gen 1, 2, 3 (probably the others, I can't remember):

Get starter in about ten minutes (after one has explored everything for the first time)

Explore the next town or area, learn how to catch Pokémon.

Continue to catch Pokémon with the occasional hiccup for plot progression, and rival fight.

Gen 6, 7:
Endless cut-scenes and constant reminders how to even do the simplest things.

I miss learning about a game from playing it, and I miss the freedom of exploration, creating my own story along with the adventure. I guess that explains why I mostly play /vr/ material. Sorry about the rant.
>>
>>29882979
That's why it would be nice to skip the tutorial, or at least have the option to say "no". There's really no point in forcing me to to this again and again. I'm sure Gamefreak knows at least something about the age and experience of their playerbase, and it's just a matter of being able to skip the tutorial.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.