[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 30 years old. I got Pokemon Red when it first came out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: broteam.jpg (127KB, 1116x588px) Image search: [Google]
broteam.jpg
127KB, 1116x588px
I am 30 years old.
I got Pokemon Red when it first came out.

I now play each new game and breed and EV train my favorite mons with fun, non competitive moves to level 100.
Scyther, Heracross, Dedenne, Beheeyem, Torterra, Tropius, Emolga, Gogoat, Ditto, etc..

I don't hate Legendaries, but I would never use one, as I can only enjoy the game when I imagine myself as a trainer, and that isn't realistic to me.

I rarely ever even battle anyone. Only a rare few of my friends play as I'm semi-normal.

All I see now is competitive builds, Smogon stuff, UB/OU stats, Injecting, Shitmons, etc.

Is there any point in playing these anymore for someone who sinks hundreds of hours into each one training and never being able to battle competitively because everyone uses very specific mons and movesets?

I enjoy adventureing, collecting, battling, trading and breeding. But it's becoming a ritual more than something new. I have yet to play Sun and Moon. Does anyone feel the same as me? Will S/M mix things up for me? Or make them even harder with getting rid of super training and hordes?
>>
who cares?
>>
File: 1477409430407.png (36KB, 320x243px) Image search: [Google]
1477409430407.png
36KB, 320x243px
>>29879001
>>
Cringe thread?
>>
cool blog
>>
Nice blogpost
>>
>>29879046
How so man? I'm not a weirdo. I don't have silk dragon shirts. I don't play my GameBoy in public.

I'm asking if anyone feels similar. I guess not.
>>
>>29878972
>if I tell you about who I am, maybe you'll hear my bullshit out for longer, or side with me more
You failed debate class.
>>
>>29878972
these posts don't belong to 4chan, go to reddit
>>
File: 1478123880869.jpg (46KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1478123880869.jpg
46KB, 700x700px
>>29879101
What?
I'm not debating tho. I have no side to argue. I'm asking if there are any anons in the same boat as me.

Obviously not and I'm a retarded faggot by the looks of the thread. My bad.

I'll try a bait thread next time to get some info.

Thanks guys :)
>>
>>29879093
I get ya, SM is kinda refreshing compared to the last few games.
I myself enjoy breeding new Pokemon and running through the game with them as it knocks out both making competitive Pokemon, running throygh the game and actually gets me more attached to them making them better bro/sis material.
>>
>>29879073
>>29879082
He's giving the background for his question, not "blogposting".
>>
>>29878972
I understand you,anon.
>>
>>29879137
I really liked the ability to battle continuously outside of the E4 and catch in the friend safari in X & Y. It made the post game leveling feel like less of a grind.

How is it in S/M?
>>
File: 1477066921913.png (220KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477066921913.png
220KB, 480x360px
>>29879137
>>29879141
>>29879144
Thanks guys. I messed up my thread tho. I appreciate it anyway.
>>
>>29879137
Do you breed/ev train mon before you even beat the game? So that you can finish it with mon ready to go? That sounds difficult to get the right ev specs early on.
>>
>>29878972
Comfy team 2bh
>>
Expect edgy replies calling you reddit op
>>
>>29878972
>Only a rare few of my friends play as I'm semi-normal
>I'm semi-normal

This whole post accurately describes my life. Ill always play pokemon but i took the last year off. Im competitively rusty but it wont matter because the whole meta will be altered entirely.
>>
>>29879082
>>29879073
implying is ledit
>>
>>29879093
>I'm not a weirdo. I don't have silk dragon shirts. I don't play my GameBoy in public.
autism

b2r
>>
>>29880661
As a redditor, I agree. People in Reddit are eager to imply stupid shit.
>>
>>29880275
Don't worry anon, I feel exactly the same way. I've been following Pokemon pretty closely since Crystal yet I tend to lose interest after a few months of completing the story and playing online for a bit. I love the idea of competitive battling and I understand strategies, but the meta doesn't actually appeal to me that much.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.