[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about those now-forgotten wannabes: the Pokemon-likes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 38205_front.jpg (54KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
38205_front.jpg
54KB, 500x499px
Let's talk about those now-forgotten wannabes: the Pokemon-likes.

Some were really fucking good, some were garbage.

Which ones did you play?
>>
>>29871468
I had the other version, this game is fucking sick.
>>
>>29871468
Robopon was dope.
>>
File: DQM.jpg (25KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
DQM.jpg
25KB, 280x280px
Having these games as a kid was annoying because nobody ever had their own copy to play with you.
>>
File: EQZKg.jpg (64KB, 1170x828px) Image search: [Google]
EQZKg.jpg
64KB, 1170x828px
>>29871468
Official artwork
>>
>>29871593
True, but the games themselves were very solid. I'm a big DQ fan and a big Pokémon fan, and as a kid these games were the perfect marriage.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 252x252px
the side story had some Pokemon ripoff

thought some were alright, game was ok
>>
File: 1201.jpg (78KB, 500x492px)
1201.jpg
78KB, 500x492px
I wish we got the other games. The human designs and the demon redesigns are cute as fuck.
>>
>>29871817
It's Persona for kids!
>>
Spectrobes is sorta similar, but not a ripoff per say. Had a blast with that when I was younger.
>>
>>29871593
Just beat the remake to this on 3DS and it was a blast. Had more fun in it than Moon desu. And that's sad seeing as there's barely a story and its extremely repetitive--but it nails monster raising and its post game is like a DLC.
>>
>>29871884
What's the remake called? Is it available in English?
>>
>>29871593

I love the DQM series. I liked the original DQM more than the Pokemon games that were out at the time, but I had a harder time getting into the Joker games

I remember playing a Gameboy Color game called Magi-Nation that was a pokemon-clone. It had some pretty nifty monsters and some of them were downright retarded to acquire. I think there were also bugs that prevented you from getting some monsters so you could see their names on the list of rings to forge, but you never knew what it was. I never did find out wtf a Xyx was.
>>
>>29871884
This game is the only reason I regret updating my 3ds. Now I can't pirate.

Legitmately considering getting a 2ds JUST for this game.
>>
DQM beats the shit out of Pokemon any day of the fucking week. Love that series so much.
>>
File: 65f0c7778700cd94d9aca8df28e5fabf.jpg (396KB, 1453x1442px) Image search: [Google]
65f0c7778700cd94d9aca8df28e5fabf.jpg
396KB, 1453x1442px
Seeing which different monsters you get from different CDs was awesome.
Didn't remember that monster looking so identical to Geodude.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.