[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Your opinions on Sun/Moon thus far. Pros >Great new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: sun_moon_video_thumbnail.jpg (80KB, 578x327px) Image search: [Google]
sun_moon_video_thumbnail.jpg
80KB, 578x327px
ITT: Your opinions on Sun/Moon thus far.

Pros
>Great new designs
>Pokériding is well done and intuitive, good alternative to the HMs
>Actually feels like a cohesive adventure and journey
>Character customization feels much more lively

Cons
>Few new pokémon, the biggest dealbreaker for me personally
>No national pokédex
>Areas feel a lot more clustered without as many open spaces as before
>Fishing limited to determined spots

Overall enjoying it
>>
I hate how the HP bar goes to Diamon/Pearl levels of slow when a Pokemon takes a hit when at 25% health of lower.

Such a bizarre design choice.
>>
File: tdteJwh.png (3MB, 2296x2436px) Image search: [Google]
tdteJwh.png
3MB, 2296x2436px
>>29864046
I think there are more bad designs than good to be honest. Also most of the dex are complete shitmons.
>>
>>29864111
Well that is a subjective gripe but fair enough.
>>
File: tips-mothers-skull.png (476KB, 1535x1535px) Image search: [Google]
tips-mothers-skull.png
476KB, 1535x1535px
Pros:

>Animations
>A few likeable characters
>Really good Pokemon variety for a playthrough
>Customization
>Music

Cons:

>Story takes sudden jumps out of the blue with little forewarning or development
>Too much interaction with the annoying characters, too little with the interesting ones
>Lineraity, handholding and cutscenes congealing together
>Exploration aspect is shit and everything is a line
>Overwhelming majority of overworld is bland
>Pokemon encounter rates that beg you to use PkHex

7/10 overall. Not bad but not awe inspiring. I think that people are so used to the cesspool from last gen that anything looks great now.
>>
>>29864106
Any chance they did it specifically to up tension when watching VGC?
>>
Pros
>character customization is good
>I like the starters final evos
>no more HMs and pokeriding is cool

Cons
>the intro takes ages to finish
>I feel we're getting less new pokemon each gen and more stupid shit like Megas and Alolan forms
>handholding is too notorious
>more lineal than Final Fantasy X

I dropped Sun and went back to playing SMT IV, maybe I'll keep playing Pokemon after I finish Apocalipse.
>>
>>29864046
Pros
>challenging (at times), but not frustratingly hard
>Nice designs for new Pokemon
>Acerola

Cons
>the fuck why is there no national dex
>too many (long) cutscenes
>most of the new mons have shit stats, especially speed
>random zygarde thing because lol new forms
>new mons are stupidly rare most of the time

Overall I like it but it could be better
>>
>>29864046
Pros
- Some great new designs
- Pokeriding is a terrific choice
- Fully fleshed out 3D world with full size and customization
- Challenging level curve where you end up underleveled as the game progresses (without the Exp Share)
- Cool mechanic with Totems and helper Pokemon
- Great assortment of characters, my personal favorite was Nanu as the aloof and seemingly crooked cop

Cons
- A number of poor designs, namely the starters (with the owl being the only one nice enough looking to be worth picking unless doing a theme run)
- Too many cutscenes driving down players' control of their time
- A number of Pokemon evolving very late game like Charjabug and Crabrawler
>>
+ The music is really good
+ Good trainer customization
+ Trials are neat, totem fights actually get difficult at times. Wouldn't mind seeing something like these come back
+ Enjoyable cast of characters
+ Pokemon riding is good even if half of them feel redundant

~ Ultra beasts are a neat idea even if they're just legendaries with a different name, but they take up SO much of the Alolan dex that aren't available until post-game and barely even do anything in the story
~ World is so-so. It starts neat but the latter two islands feel half-assed

- The Alolan dex is really bad. Minuscule amount of new wild Pokemon that's made even worse in-game because many of the wild areas are dominated by older Pokemon, not to mention their wonky stat distributions
- Performance is bad, game goes to absolute shit in doubles and totem fights even on a n3DS.
- Super handholdy. Yeah yeah Pokemon is for kids, but the previous games did perfectly fine without this annoying little Rotomdex telling you exactly what to do all the time with a big red marker telling you where to go
- Outside of the totem fights, the game is still easy to the point of falling asleep. It's even worse at times because 90% of the random trainers only have one Pokemon which just makes them boring to fight, and it's not like they have stronger ones to make up for the numbers difference

Overall I think it's a decent game. Not amazing or the savior of Pokemon like people wanted or expected it to be but probably at least worth one playthrough (not any more than that though).
>>
>>29864046
Overall I'm loving it, but the slowdown seriously annoys me at times (shoutout to the Totem Wishiwashi fight).
>>
>>29864450
Forgot to mention the music as a pro. Amazing themes.
>>
Pros
>Challenging, had trouble defeating the AI for the first time in ages, mainly the Salazzle and the Laurantis trials
>New designs are great, although scarce
>Good selection of overworld pokemon available
>Good legendaries and the UBs feel like a fresh take on the formula.

Cons
>way too much handholding. I really wish it wasn't this linear
>routes are not that interesting, usually too much based around straight line courses with few patches of grass
>no national pokédex, seriously what the fuck is up with that?
>no post-game. Talk all the shit you want about ORAS but the way they incorporated past mythicals/legendaries in the post game was quite good.
>>
The pace of the game is weird. I like the story and its direction, but it feels really inconsistent in telling it - it does speed up the pace a lot at times and then drags on for a lot of time when it didn't need to. Anyone felt this?
>>
Not specifically on topic, but is it possible through PKHex to use my mons from XY on Sun/Moon right now? I never used the program and I'm only basing this from things i've read here and there.
>>
>>29864603
How's the post game compared to games like DP, BW, and XY?

Because honestly the first games in a gen usually have a somewhat weak postgame, so if it matches or exceeds at least XY, then it seems fine
>>
>>29864850
If it matches XY I'd consider that a failure. Not in a me shit on Gen 6 meme but XY really had pretty much zero to do once the game ended outside competitive stuff
>>
>>29864688
Definitely. I ended the story wondering how certain events even culminated into other events when I was just eating Malasadas with Hau
>>
If this is how all pokemon games are going to be from here on out, but if it is consider me incredibly disappointed.

+ The Music
+ Trainer Customization
+ Characters are awesome
+ New things to do
+ No retarded looking Chibi models

~ Hms are replaced with someone just as boring
~ World is not as cool or atmospheric as we were lead to believe
~ Easy
~ Kanto pandering

- Probably the lowest replay-ability of any of the main games.
- Designs are mixed (subjective)
- Handholding to the maximum
- no national dex
- no post game
- TONS of wasted potential.

Better than X/Y, ORAS and Diamond and Pearl (not platinum) but that's about it. I beat the game last night, tried to go slow and explore but the world is a lot slower than you'd expect. I'm quite disappointed but I think the changes made to the mechanics are cool enough.

If things keep improving at this pace, expect Gen 10 to be really good.
>>
>>29865016
I've come to accept that the jump to 3D has changed the entire makeup of Pokemon to where it is an entirely different experience than it was from a top down perspective. The more realistic it gets the harder it is to make players feel like they're in a huge, immersive world. I had a better time exploring Goldenrod in the original Silver than anywhere in SM. Oh well.
>>
>>29865525
Probably because in SM you literally can't explore because of how on-rails the plot is.
>>
Is there a single person that ever found fishing in pokemon fun? I've only ever found it rather obnoxious, especially because it usually gates water pokemon I want to actually use behind a surf wall.
>>
>>29865525
you also were a child when you played gen 2 and have nostalgia.
>>
File: mantine.png (281KB, 1080x581px) Image search: [Google]
mantine.png
281KB, 1080x581px
Pros
>Favorite "kind of obscure" pokemon gets a buff this Gen

Cons
>He's not catchable in the main game

Does he appear through that island scan thing atleast?
>>
>>29864850
DP had tons of post game
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.