[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>updated to 11.0 before Sun/Moon .cia was released >don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg (48KB, 831x497px) Image search: [Google]
WAKE ME UP INSIDE.jpg
48KB, 831x497px
>updated to 11.0 before Sun/Moon .cia was released
>don't own a soldering iron or a second, hacked 3DS to downgrade
>Citra runs at a fucking snail's pace
>too broke to afford a physical copy of Sun/Moon
Am I just going to be forced to skip this generation?
>>
>>29863060
Get a job you lazy cunt.
>>
>>29863060
Dude, is not like the price is that high, if you actually have a work is like nothing
>>
>>29863060
>can't spend 60 bucks

how do you even have internet?
>>
>>29863084
>implying
I have a job. I also just graduated college. I can barely afford food. My computer and DS are both from when I was in high school and didn't have to worry. There's no way in hell I can afford a new game.

>>29863128
I'm sharing an apartment with someone, he's covering wi-fi. Pretty sure it's his parents' money.
>>
>>29863161
Suck his dick for money.
>>
ninjahax, freakyhax, problem solved?
>>
Just wait until 3DS hacking catches up with your 3DS, and make sure you don't update anymore
>>
>>29863161
Guess you're sitting this one out for now. Things will get better, man.
>>
>>29863060
It's all your fault.
>updated to 11.0 before cia was released
why didn't you hack earlier? fucking waitfags lmao
>>
>>29863389
Don't think he's gay, man.

>>29863680
HA

>>29863747
Because I was too busy with other shit. Most of the fanbase called Gen. VI not worth it, so I didn't bother then, and my old DSLite was enough for Gen. V way back when.

>>29863806
Because I'm trying to pay off around 30K of debt.
>>
File: IMG_3213.gif (1017KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3213.gif
1017KB, 480x270px
>>29863838
How's the gender studies degree working out for you OP?
>>
As long as you're on a firmware version that supports the two 3DS method, you should be alright. There, apparently, is a method to exploit the same security flaw with a single 3DS, but they're still working on making it work right. It's just a matter of waiting for it. It could be months still, but it'll come out eventually.

Plus, new security exploits are found every few firmware versions. There might be another one before then.
>>
>>29863838
>hacking your 3ds just for Pokemon
>not having time for a process made so simple
>I-I-I can't afford the game! I don't have time to hack! But, I wanna play the game now so I can ride the bandwagon!
casuals are disgusting. do yourself a favor, grow up, and play the game later.
>>
>>29863838
>Because I'm trying to pay off around 30K of debt.
Nigga I WISH I was paying that much back or I'd be done. How about be fucking smart and not living in an expensive as fuck apartment. Find people, rent/own a home. Its far cheaper.
>>
>>29863060
im getting mine for christmas lol even though i have the money for it ima cheap boi
>>
got a homebrew entry point at least? that way you could downgrade for 5$ by the end of the year
>>
>>29863924
>gender studies
>implying
I majored in computer science. Trouble is, there's no major computer-science businesses in the rural midwest. Hell, there's not much of ANYTHING in the rural midwest. I'm taking a five-mile bike ride every morning to work tech support for some shitty little startup, then riding five miles back at 11PM and barely avoiding getting run over by a drunk driver.

>>29864089
I just graduated last year - I'm living in a cheap apartment, but no matter what the fuck I do I'm not going to have 3K paid off in a year.

>>29864151
Unfortunately not.
>>
>>29863060
Get yourself a soldering iron then.
It's the cheapest way unless you're too dumb to use one properly
>>
>>29864240
>just buy a soldering iron and brick your 3ds! What could go wrong!
>>
File: DSC_0049.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0049.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>29864259
>Said 'unless you are too dumb to use one'
I've just done it yesterday to my second 3DS on 11.0 actually. Went perfectly fine and it's now on 9.2.
Ignore the badly done wires. I had another set of wires first but they were a bit screwy so i quickly used those and didn't cut em in clean lengths
>>
>>29863060
do you have enough money to eat? you really can't afford a £30 game ? just skip lunch/dinner and other small things to save up the pennies and you will make £30 quid in no time
>>
>>29864341
I wouldn't recommend someone that has to buy a soldering iron to do a hardmod as a first project
>>
>>29864423
Well you're probably right about that...
>>
>>29864341
It's got a non-insignificant chance to brick my 3DS. The only three electronics I own are my 10-year-old computer which might as well run on coal, my fucking flip phone that I use so I don't have to pay for data charges, and my 3DS. I don't want to risk it.

>>29864377
I already skip meals fairly regularly.
>>
File: Capture.png (743KB, 828x499px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
743KB, 828x499px
it freezes here every time anyone else have this problem?
>>
>>29864493
>this poor
You should be looking to sell your 3DS, not pining to sink more money into it.

You're probably this hard off because you don't know how to prioritize anything.
>>
>>29864493
I'd offer to do it for you but sending your 3DS to a total stranger is probably even less what you wanna do.

I actually just read something interesting for you though.
If you go to the cfw guides >=11.0 site it states this:
If you are on 11.0.0 or 11.1.0, do NOT update to 11.2.0. A new update will be coming soon that allows for DSiWare NFIRM Downgrading without a second 3DS or hardmod for versions under 11.2.0.

So if you are on either 11.0.0 or 11.1.0 dont update and you'll be golden soon
>>
>>29864646
forgot the link
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/nfirm-downgrade
>>
>>29863161
This idea that you can't spend 40 bucks because you have 30k of debt is a joke to me. So you're going to deny yourself any sort of leisure activity for 3 years until you pay it off?
Do you never eat out, never go to movies, never buy, play or do anything that costs money then?

Fucking American idiots. This isn't how debt works. You aren't being wise with your money by skipping on fucking 40 dollars.
>>
>>29864646
he needs homebrew access and 5$ for that though
>>
If you have the time/means to browse this site you can buy this game.

If you don't then get off this website and get a job.
>>
>>29864677
>Green Day
>>
>>29864705
Oh yeah i forgot that you still need an entrypoint which means money for another game...
>>
I know this is a horrible place to post such information, but I'll gladly send you enough through Paypal if you post your email.
>>
>>29864677
No, I don't. On the other hand, there's a surprising amount of free things on the Internet if you know where to look - Cave Story is amazing, and I can't believe I only recently found it. That said, I do usually give myself about $75 for Christmas, and I've gotten pretty good at stretching it. I just don't want to blow 53% of my yearly "check" on a single game that's been highly controversial just to keep up with the series.

>>29864766
Thanks, anon, but don't do it. You can't even tell if it's me posting this right now.
>>
>>29864766
at least verify the information by making him post a screenshot of his 11.0 or something (his degree lul)
>>
>>29864807
>Thanks, anon, but don't do it. You can't even tell if it's me posting this right now.
yeah that's the trouble. hopefully at some point you can just cfw your 3ds.
>>
>>29864837
Really hope so. But if you're sending hope, then just hope that the application I've sent in to a couple software developers gets accepted. It'd be a hell of a move, but I've really got nothing to lose (so long as they let me do a remote interview rather than physically coming in, I hope the other guy will let me borrow his webcam)!
>>
>>29864745
Depends on how much the game is. Like I said, I'll have $75 soon; if I can spend <10 on it, I'll probably go for it.
>>
>>29863806
Underage
>>29863838
Hang in there. The game isn't that great to begin with. Just buy one later when the hype dies down.
>>
>>29865061
if things go well they release musichax aswell.

that would allow you to downgrade from 11.0 or 11.1 (not higher than that, so don't update) with a 5$ eshop game
>>
>>29865061
Well I don't know where you live so i can't tell you how much you need to pay but here's all the entry points.
The best one to get i believe would be Cubic Ninja since all you really need to do is scan a qr code. Stuff like Zelda requires you to edit the save file on the cart which means more money to pay for other stuff

https://plailect.github.io/Guide/homebrew-launcher-(no-browser)
>>
>>29865117
>tfw load up DS to check
>11.2
This is what I get for letting my friend play, I guess. We split the cost for Sm4sh, so he can use it if he wants, but evidently he thought it'd be fine to upgrade. To be fair, until I knew that 11.2 wouldn't work, I would've thought it would be fine too.
>>
>>29865180
sell your 3DS and get a new one. You can still backup your existing saves without CFW
>>
File: 1950s' Welware.jpg (830KB, 2632x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1950s' Welware.jpg
830KB, 2632x1836px
>>29863806
>welware
Gotta get me some of that!
>>
>>29863060
You could wait.
>>
>Managed to downgrade my 3DS
>SD Card is too small to install cfw
>Read online that you can use a microSD with an adapter
>My adapter broke the SD card slot
>Too poor to send it for repair
>This happened because I was too poor to buy a bigger SD

I feel you, OP.
>>
>>29865180
this >>29865217
It's not hard to do. I've done it in the past for an N3DS. Just go onto ebay or something and ask sellers for a photo of the firmware + tell em to not update while they check.
Other than that all you can do now is either hardmod or get a second 3ds with cfw
>>
>>29865276
Oh fuck, I didn't even think about SD card size. I've got a cheap 2GB one, is that going to fuck me over?

>>29865217
The silicone thumb pad has fallen off, the stylus has gone missing, and all of the little rubber "feet" have fallen off. Oh, and the N3DS has been on the market for a while, devaluing it further. Nobody's going to want to buy it.
>>
>>29863838
>not gay
Mouth is a mouth, nigga. You never know til you offer.
>>
>>29865341
>I've got a cheap 2GB one, is that going to fuck me over?
you'll be able to setup CFW but not much else. It's basically 1GB per game, and quite a lot more in some cases.

>Nobody's going to want to buy it.
You'll get someone to take it, it's just not going to come close to recouping the costs of a newer one.
>>
>>29865341
I think I needed 2 gigs to setup CFW but the card wad only 1.8
>>
>>29865580
>>29865449
Fuck.
>>
File: concern.jpg (34KB, 292x602px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
34KB, 292x602px
>>29864677
>Do you never eat out, never go to movies, never buy, play or do anything that costs money then?
>>>Fucking American idiots. This isn't how debt works. You aren't being wise with your money by skipping on fucking 40 dollars.
>>>>>>>Fucking American idiots
>>
>>29864677
>Getting mad that someone shows restraint with their money

>American idiot
>>
>>29864202
Move to where the jobs are anon, it has to be done sometimes.
>>
>>29866477
Probably going to have to happen. I've been saving what I can just in case of such a thing, although a real move will be a massive pain (I don't even have a license, driver's insurance is mandatory and expensive, I could pass the exam easy but why). Guess it's time to do some research and find out where I can find a software engineering job with a low cost of living.
>>
If you're willing to part with it GameStop offers a promotion where you get $20 for copies for X and Y and 40% extra when trading towards Sun and Moon.
>>
>>29863120

Some countries it is, here in NZ it's $80 for a copy of the game.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.