[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult is the smashax process? I've heard that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: de.jpg (125KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
de.jpg
125KB, 1280x720px
How difficult is the smashax process? I've heard that this entry point still works on 11.2? If there is a will to play S&M, there is a way
>>
You have to have Linux AFAIK. If you do have it, though, you should be good to go.
>>
>>29858279
>>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>29858279
This>>29858409
>>
>>29858279
You won't be able to downgrade just with Smashhax on 11.2.
>>
File: 1462737686923.jpg (38KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1462737686923.jpg
38KB, 500x377px
>>29858279
>he updated to 11.2 despite all warnings
>he updated past 10.7 at all

Get fucked. Hope you have friends with 3DSes or enjoy soldering, kiddo.

Then you could use Smashhax as an initial entrypoint, but it's fucking terrible, needs Linux and only works on New 3DS.
>>
>>29858651
Don't fret Anon, I have already accepted defeat. I wasn't aware of how accessible the Homebrew scene was until it was too late. I'll have to wait it out, and recognize my mistake so it won't happen again
>>
>>29858279
How are people still getting the .cia?
>>
>>29858939
>I'll have to wait it out, and recognize my mistake so it won't happen again

No I mean, you literally fucked up and what I wrote is all of your options. The only ones right now who DO have something to wait for is people on 11.0 and 11.1, since there's a hack coming at the end of the year. But 11.2 patched it already.

You must solder or have another hackable 3DS to have a chance in this at all, unless they're hiding another hax or you're lucky enough for something to fall from the skies. See plailect guide if you wanna get a glance on what you have to do. Or even pay someone to hardmod if you're not confident, idk.

>>29859041
3DSISO
>>
>>29858279
You're right, there is a way
Wait less than a fucking week you dipshit
>>
Casuals who want to downgrade make laugh everyday lmao

>those people who downgrade and can't find a .cia
>>
>>29859490
hackless 3ds fags BTFO

your tears keep me going
>>
>>29859462
So in summary 11.0 and 11.1 are the only firmwares which will be available for exploit in the near future? I might honestly pick up another 2DS or 3DS if that's the case, and figure it out from there. I heard about the upcoming musichax, but I didn't know that 11.2 was completely out of the question. Good stuff, thanks for clearing up my misconceptions
>>
>>29859571
>>29859593
This. They had countless chances to do it and didn't. People warned over and over. But no, let me update my console even though Nintendo doesn't add anything since 9.6, oh yeah I wanna be cucked.

Even then I'm still being nice and warning people to not update past 11.1 because of a hack coming in 33c3 to downgrade them. But 11.2 is fucked.

>>29859695
Yes, but you can hack even 11.2 if you have another 3DS, as long as the second one is hacked. If your store has a return policy you could use it just for downgrading your main, uninstall the hack and return it.

But if you can handle the wait, wait until 33c3 (december 27 iirc). There's still a chance they may release another exploit that works on 11.2. Idk if musichax (userland) was patched, but slowhax (arm11 kernel exploit, necessary to downgrade at all) and a potential exploit on the check that prevents downgrading system titles were patched. But if they release any arm11 exploit other than slowhax you might be in luck. But don't count on it, it's just a possibility.
>>
>>29859823
Now that S&M are released, there isn't really an urgent need for the exploit. I mainly wanted to do it for overclocking my CPU, and just in case the next Pokemon game leaks early. So yes, I'll have no problem waiting until December or even into 2017 for 11.2 to eventually be cracked. Could be a while, but now that the 3DS is going into its likely final year it isn't really an issue
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.