[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So in the end there was no Moondial in Alola? Game Freak forgot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: Anistar_City_XY.png (619KB, 510x575px) Image search: [Google]
Anistar_City_XY.png
619KB, 510x575px
So in the end there was no Moondial in Alola? Game Freak forgot or gave it no importance?

I mean there was nothing implying Alola had the Moondial but since these games are Sun & Moon I guessed that was gonna be brought up again
>>
>>29855059
it wasn't important at all in ORAS, so why should it be important now?
>>
It's obvious that the developers left some things open in XY in case they decided to do another gen 7 game. Since they didn't, we'll never revisit most of it.
>>
>>29855059
maybe moondial is in the region next to kalos
>>
>>29855059
>Sundial unimportant
>ghost girl unimportant
>Ghost house unimportant
>Shauna unimportant
>>
>>29855213
GF couldnt care less about the fucking anniveary and made a game with ZERO new places post game and 9 old characters and you want them to care about some unfinished buisness?

They just dont
>>
>>29855059
It's for the remakes.
>>
>>29855059
God damn that town looks like shit
>>
>>29855341

>remakes did solve a bunch of stuff from FRLG/HGSS and retconned
>new remakes don't actually solve anything because they take place in an alternate universe

kill me, we will never know what happened to Hilbert
>>
It could technically still appear given the rumors of a post game dlc.
>>
>>29855434
>It could technically still appear given the rumors of a post game dlc.

You mean the same rumors about Frontier in ORAS?
>>
>>29855452
It's still happening! It's just under construction right now! Please understand!
>>
>>29855384
Actually since they know they'll make remakes of their games (which probably wasn't the case for most of the previous gens) they could have thought of that in the making of the first game so that it would flow pretty nicely with the remakes.
But it's probably just wishful thinking.
>>
>>29855213
Most gens have some random ghost people that do fuck all.
>>
>>29855059
X&Y is a mess anon. Really the introduction to this fucking thing should have been given by the gym leader. Hell you get a major info dump in this town from a random NPC

XY needed a third game so desperately its sad
>>
>>29855609

They should have removed the friend trio to be honest
>>
>>29855609
inb4 they make a 3rd game instead of a diamond pearl remake
>>
Here's the extent of of how XY's plot was followed up in SM

>Oh no, Sina and Dexio are hot now
>>
>>29855681
>>29855756
I really do believe the Trio was salvagable. Considering the success of the fifth gen rivals.

Trevor should have inherited N's random local mon teams in his battles
Calem/Serena should have got a Mega at the same time of the player (have shauna miss out)
Shauna just needed to be Bianca 2.0
And Tierno should have been about dancing but also pokemon moves in general.

Full teams and more battles would also be good. I mean for fucksake you do that pointless mansion section and don't battle Shauna at the end. It was dumb
>>
>>29855554

What I meant is that a BW remake may show what happened to Hilbert after he left to find N, but that's AU Hilbert and not the Hilbert we originally played with so that one is still without answers

>>29856069

They should just have made less friends so they would have more time to write them well. Also they shouldn't have made them look and talk like if they were children when the protag is +17.
>>
>>29855588
Yeah but Kanto's ghosts, SInnoh's Ghosts and Unova's ghosts look like they had some sort of story to them.

The ghosts in Hoenn and Kalos looked like they were building up to something

>>29855832
That's really it?
>>
>>29856257
>ghosts in Hoenn

why I don't remember this?
>>
>>29855271
20th Anniversary means nothing when the 25th aligns perfectly with Genwun Remakes on Switch.
THAT'S where the real effort is going.
>>
>>29856257
for Kalos, yes. Zygarde isn't relevant to the plot and doesn't even have a postgame story

As for ORAS, nothing about AZOTH lore is touched. Just vindication for Zinnia's claim in the "have some imagination!" scene
>>
>>29856069
Tierno should've been removed outright
Trevor should've just been someone like Oak's aides who gives you stuff if your pokedex is more complete than his is
>>
>>29856288
Something about Pheobe's E4 room. I actually never saw it when I was in there myself

>>29856350
I expected even a mention of AZOTH honestly. Though I cant say I'm disappointed, the less they talk about ORAS lore, the better. What a mess.
>>
>>29856350
>>29856420
tf is azoth
bulba just says its a town in a movie
>>
>>29856420
>Though I cant say I'm disappointed, the less they talk about ORAS lore, the better. What a mess.

You do realize SM goes into Delta Episode lore even deeper right?
>>
>>29856481
What, you mean "HAHA ZINNIA WAS RIGHT!!1"?
>>
>>29856532
Jokes aside, yes, she was
>>
>>29855452
>dlc for the post game

God. The would be fucking awful and low for GameFreak.
>>
>>29856366
True but he has to be there he may as well have a point. Him giving you the odd tm or teaching about different types of moves would have been enough.

Agreed on Trevor. I kinda felt like Sina and Dexio where the most pointless/extraneous of them all but it seems S/M has redeemed them
>>
>>29855059
i actually forgot all about the moondial
>>
>>29856481
We always knew about alternate universes. It stinks that pokemon lore general has more fuel for trying to make their shitty timeline and lore theories as retarded as possible but outside of that I dont mind too much.

I do hope this is it though, time travel and alternate dimensions almost always makes a story worse than better over time. The only series I can think of that didnt fuck it up is Futurama.

Zelda also managed to stay mostly understandable but that was after accidentally giving Ocarina of Time 3 direct sequels.
>>
Gamefreak has been adding vague lore hints that never get followed up on since the beginning. It's crazy to me that people still fall for this shit. They are the undisputed kings of wasted potential and that will never change.
>>
>>29857212
>Gamefreak has been adding vague lore hints that never get followed up on since the beginning. It's crazy to me that people still fall for this shit. They are the undisputed kings of wasted potential and that will never change.
Honestly, my dude, I only just came to terms with it when I was revisiting ORAS' plotlines and realizing none of the games are going to pick up on any of it.

>Project AZOTH won't be referenced even though it'd be a primo way to tie in Hoenn and Sinnoh
>New Mauville comes across as deepest lore but it's really just dead-end flavour text
>"No, you're not the one" isn't going to go anywhere, ever
>XY (and ORAS'?) notes on the back of train signs is just flavour text

This is the worst series to follow for continuity. Even with Sun/Moon getting me hyped for the possibility of starting to link things together with the past timeline, Looker, and some of the shit going on with Anabel, it's again just superficial hints at lore and will never amount to anything.

New Pokemon are cool but I've already played this game. Several times over. Nothing Sun/Moon is doing is really, honestly, substantially different from the game you played back during D/P.

Honestly, all I really get out of a new game is some cool music here and there. fgsfds
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.