[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you breed the original versions of Pokemon with Alola

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 16

File: index.jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
13KB, 300x168px
>If you breed the original versions of Pokemon with Alolan forms in S/M, the egg they produce will be of the Alolan form.
>Breeding two Fire-type Ninetales will produce an egg containing Ice-type Vulpix. You can't breed for a Fire-type Vulpix in this game.

https://twitter.com/KazoWAR/status/797343460277755904
I can forgive a lot of the retarded decisions they've made with Sun and Moon, but this is the most mindbogglingly stupid thing.
>>
The only argument there is that it's being hatched in alola but that makes no sense either way
>>
File: 147829292.jpg (30KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
147829292.jpg
30KB, 480x272px
>>29850716
>mfw these games are trying to be so good and shitty at the same time.
How do you do so many things right and wrong?
>>
File: 1471556168366.jpg (159KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471556168366.jpg
159KB, 600x600px
>>29850716
So you're saying that, we can't breed any of the original mons in the game ? I mean the Alolan forms are better in almost every way (except Raticate), but STILL !
>>
>>29850967
Gamefreak.

One step forwards, three steps backwards.
>>
File: woomy disappointed.jpg (98KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
woomy disappointed.jpg
98KB, 540x438px
That...literally doesn't make sense. Reasonably the mother should decide that.
>>
>>29850716
you are not supposed to have any regular Pokemon apart from their Alola forms until at least January. So it's not really GF's problem.
Also National Dex is gone, so no need to really have a regular one. Move it over from Gen 6. Bank makes it very very easy to do that.
>>
>>29850898
That's a bad argument because a black couple from Africa won't produce white children just because they move to Europe

That's incredibly retarded and makes getting non-Alolas a pain
>>
>>29850716
That's not how race works
>>
>>29851039
guys... it's a game.
>>
>>29851020
And when it's January it will be a shitshow to breed regular formes thanks to this retarded idea

>GF shills will defend everything
>even this
>>
What about abilities? If you breed two Drought Vulpix, is there a chance for the Alolan offspring to have their HA too?
>>
>>29851039
That's why I said "it makes no sense either way"
>>
I mean, the other games in the generation will likely have the other Pokemon available. Still a weird decision imo. Either that or it was some glitch.
>>
>>29851083
This. Someone please tell me.
>>
>>29850716
My hype in these games decreases day by day.
>>
>>29851089
The difference is that you can import things like Gen 4 starters to XY and breed them at your leisurr. You import non-Alolas to Gen 7 and you have to import again if you want more. That or drop money on VR RBY
>>
File: 1403814692696.gif (2MB, 400x239px) Image search: [Google]
1403814692696.gif
2MB, 400x239px
>>29850716
>Can't get regular forms AT ALL besides transfer
>>
It's quite obvious Gamefreak didn't think of this through and well enough just like their removal of Super Training.

They could have introduced a held item where a Pokemon carrying it inside the Daycare Center would yield the original Gen 1 shitters.
>>
Tribute to abandoned good ideas thread?

>Pokemon walking with you
>Pokewood
>Trainer movies
>PSS
>Non-shit clothes
>Shiny charm
>GB Sounds
>Entire region postgame
>Battle Frontier
>>
>>29851216
>Super Training
>Mega Pokemon
>>
>>29851216
>No Super Training

Fuck off
>>
>>29851216
>no permanent running button
>DexNav
>Safari Zone
>Game Corner replacement
>version exclusive locations or routes
>>
>>29851063
That people like to talk about?
>>
>>29851035
even 1 mexican and 1 white person produces another mexican no matter where the child is born at
>>
Y'all are lamenting the loss of Super Training, but it was always much faster and more efficient to EV train off of hordes with O-Power, especially if your Pokemon had the Pokerus.
>>
>>29850988
Alolan Dugtrio doesn't even do what Dugtrio does.
>>
>>29851334
>loss of hordes
>>
>>29851216
White TreeHollow/Blavk Tower were great. A big, challenging dungeon werr you gain EXP

Aldo events wherr you unlock an island or a dungeon to catch a mythical. Receiving them in a Pokécenter is so boring
>>
>>29851348
Hordes are gone? What fucking trash games.
>>
>>29850716

I guess maybe they did it like that because it's a simple matter of just going into a gen 6 game and transferring what you're breeding up into the bank. It's a hell of a lot easier to transfer up from gen 6 to gen 7 than it was for any previous gen, so honestly this is more of a minor inconvenience than anything else.
>>
>>29851338
It's poor man's Excadrill, so there's that. Doesn't help that it's weak to OG Dugtrio and can get trapped by it.

It's still no way near as bad as Raticate. Yes, yes it has the strongest SP in the entire game aside from Yveltal's, but that's it.
>>
>>29851334
I mean... you're right, but I found Super Training more fun. I preferred to do it that way. I liked having something that wasn't all about battles (which Pokemon apparently isn't ONLY about) and also the fact that it auto-tracked your EV distribution for you.
>>
>>29851348

Okay that's annoying.
>>
>>29851083
Do you know what makes an HA a Hidden Ability? It's the fact that it can't show up in regular breeding without an HA parent.
>>
>>29851412
Drought IS Vulpix's HA you mong
>>
>>29851348
Calling in allies is still much faster than Super Training.
>>
File: 1472393701176.png (135KB, 540x386px) Image search: [Google]
1472393701176.png
135KB, 540x386px
>>29851216
>entire region postgame
I wish this meme would fucking die already. It wasn't good the first time, and you insufferable little shits have done nothing but bitch and moan about it since 1999. No one ever promised it to you, so I don't know why you keep expecting it with baited breath every single generation.

Johto's postgame fucking sucked. Kanto was empty, the level scaling was ridiculous and they clearly didn't have the memory or the time to give players the literal second entire fucking game they apparently feel entitled to have after the credits.
>>
>>29851370
you're a retard if you seriously think alolan raticate is worse than regular raticate. dual stab, and dark at that, is absolutely a huge deal for it. fuck off with your

>muh guts facade!!!
>>
>>29851067
But the point is that all the non-Alolan forms are shit and they deliberately only touched shitmons.
>>
>>29851083
It's done by Ability slot, not the specific Ability (you can't breed a later evolution's Ability onto a child), so yes, it should have whatever HA the A-Forme has (if it has one).
>>
>>29852554
>What is Dugtrio
>>
>>29851370
Mightyena, Absol, Honchkrow, Mawile and Bisharp all has stronger sucker punches off the top of my head
>>
>>29851238
>>Mega Pokemon
They'll be back in the Diamond & Pearl remakes along with more specific Z-Moves. The Adamant and Lustrous Orbs are actually Z Crystals or Mega Stones or both, that'd be neat.
>>
>>29852601
A meme shitmon that no one would even attempt to use in Sun and Moon if it didn't have an Alolan form.
>>
>>29850716
That's kinda shitty but pretty much all the Alolan Forms are the same or better than the originals.
>>
File: (You).png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
177KB, 501x506px
>>
>>29852739
It's actually a really good physical sweeper and it gets an attack buff in S/M even discounting the Alolan form.
>>
>breeding Pokemon of different color forms together (Burmy, Deerling, Flabebe) results in the mother's form
>but breeding non-Alolan Pokemon together in Alola results in the Alolan form

Holy fuck why
What are they even going to do when the game isn't set in Alola
>>
>>29852786
they'll probably fix it in the next game. They fix stuff like that all the time.
>>
>>29852786
They'll have a hold item that forces the Alolan form in breeding.
>>
>>29852786
Probably add a new Incense.
>>
So what you're saying is that Kanto Cuckmons can't satisfy their women so they come for the BAC?
>>
>>29851334
I don't know how to fucking do that even in XYORAS, how do I do it now that hordes are gone? How do I keep track of my EVs?
>>
File: 1477276890303.jpg (45KB, 318x345px) Image search: [Google]
1477276890303.jpg
45KB, 318x345px
>>29852810
>a hold item that forces the Alolan form in breeding

>mfw trying to breed that competitively
>>
>>29852710
>The Adamant and Lustrous Orbs are actually Z Crystals or Mega Stones or both, that'd be neat.
That's what everyone said about Soul Dew and look how that turned out.
>>
>>29852214
The post-game in Gold/Silver wasn't even something they intended to give us in the first place. The only reason we have it is because Iwata saw there was so much leftover space, and decided to crank it out at the last second.

So of course it was shit. It was still better than nothing. But I also agree with you that people are retarded to expect it in every game because again, it was never intended. It was just a little extra Iwata decided to give us at the last minute when he noticed there was room for it.
>>
>>29852837
In what way would that be difficult, though? You'd only need to breed one to get the Alolan form of the Pokemon you want, at which point you could swap it in for one of its parents and start breeding it instead.
>>
>>29852873
Why didn't that cunt just make the main game better? Then Gen 2 would be best Gen and this second region shit wouldn't exist.
>>
>>29850988
Duggy A is literally the worst shit ever. This is fucking idiotic, Dugtrio is literally not legal in gen 7 despite getting a buff.
>>
Oh hey, guess this is the perfect opportunity to transfer over my two boxes worth of timid drought eggmove 5 IV Vulpixes from Y and put them on the Sun/Moon GTS.
>>
>>29852891
>Okay, so I'll give one of the parents an Alola Incense...
>And I'll give the other a Destiny Knot...
>And for nature I'll give the Everstone to...
>Uh
>Shit
>>
>>29852891
Destiny knot for the IV's and Everstone for the right nature.
>>
>>29852947
don't bottle caps make it so that you only have to breed for the right nature now?
>>
>>29852861
It'll be like Groudon and Kyogre I reckon, where they're not-Megas. GF tend to do whatever the fuck they want and not be consistent in how they do things, like Groudon/Kyogre having "Primal" forms but Rayquaza just has a Mega (they probably thought this was good for balance so you couldn't use a Mega AND an OP Rayquaza form).
>>
>>29852837
You only need to breed for nature and Hidden Power type now.
>>
>>29852967
Yeah, but you either need to find a shitton of Bottle Caps to grind all the stats up, or you need to use one of your valuable Gold Bottle Caps, or grind a shitton in the Battle Tree to get another one.

It's not as convenient as they make it sound.
>>
>>29852967
Unless you want a certain Hidden Power.
>>
>>29852967
Bottlecaps make it so you have to grind to level 100 with no Blissey Bases or rotation Restaurants.
>>
>>29852642
Raticate has hustle
>>
>>29852214
>Johto's postgame fucking sucked
What is: HG/SS

It's not being entitled when they've proved they can make a good Post Game but choose not to. This isn't GameFreak being a charity giving us a game, we're paying money each generation for a lesser experience.
>>
>>29853084
>raticate used sucker punch
>but it missed!
>>
>>29852947
>>29852966
You breed for the Alolan Vulpix first, then start breeding for IVs. Nature depends on which parent has the nature you want to pass down: if it's Ninetales, put the Everstone on it and give Ditto the Alolan Incense. If Ditto has the nature, it doesn't even matter when you put the Everstone on it: you can give it the Destiny Knot, breed an Alolan Vulpix with some perfect IV's, then stick the Everstone on Ditto and the Destiny Knot on your Alolan Vulpix. At that point, you're just breeding until you get an Alolan Vulpix better than the one you're using to breed currently, at which point you swap it out and start using it for breeding until you get the Vulpix you want, like you would if you were breeding any Pokemon.
>>
But those rattata are hacked, right? Maybe they lack some kind of checkbox that they would have if they had been transferred from a previous game, so SM interprets them as Alolan parents.

I know jack shit about this kind of stuff tho. Is what I'm saying plausible?
>>
I told everyone that is was going to be based on the Alola clover months ago but even I didn't expect non Alola version to not be able to produce more of themselves.
>>
>the entire concept of Alola forms is that the Pokemon changed from years of adaption to the enviornment
>freshly, imported Pokemon can suddenly give birth to a dramatic mutation of its species

Just what the fuck was GF thinking when they were brainstorming this gen?
>>
File: 1476354613244.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1476354613244.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>29853110
>What is: HG/SS
A game with a bogus half-baked extra region tacked on at the end. It's still hollow, the level scaling is still obnoxious and it still isn't a good idea for postgame content because there's no feasible way to make it lush and expansive without another year of development. It's a concept way too grand to fit the margins of what post-game is SUPPOSED to be.

And yes, you are being fucking entitled. Every Pokemon game ever released is worth the full retail price even with post-credits content out of the equation. The main game is always crammed with content. Anything more on top of that is a bonus, and no one but the fans ever said "we're supposed to get lots more stuff after we beat it!". Some generations have great post-game, and others don't. But you don't go to a movie and throw a little bitch tantrum when there's nothing after the credits.
>>
>>29852548
>Machop used Half-Hearted Poke
>Machop apologized profusely
>Machop attended the funeral
>Machop sends Raticate'so family a check every month out of guilt
>Machop becomes alcoholic
>Machop is found dead in his apartment, of apparent suicide
>>
>>29853110
It's being entitled when you bitch about something never promised to you just because you think your money means something. This is as bad as the people who think they can direct kickstart games after funding and bitch when it has to be delayed.

You're money gives you shit, if you don't like it don't buy it, GF isn't going to cater to you because they want your forty bucks.
>>
>>29853351
>all pokémon games are worth the full retail price
>some generations have great post-game
>other don't

So, all games are worth the retail price despite the wildly variable amount of content. How is it being such a GF shill?
>>
>>29853422
Is a ~20-hour game not worth your $40? Ignoring absolutely everything that happens after the credits.
>>
File: Game Freak Creative Process.gif (1MB, 581x578px) Image search: [Google]
Game Freak Creative Process.gif
1MB, 581x578px
>>29853333
>Just what the fuck was GF thinking when they were brainstorming this gen?
>>
>>29853422
ITP: Post game is the only thing that determines worth of a game.
>>
>>29853498
Denying how important post-game content is, will get you nowhere Gamefreak shill

Post-game content is what gives games longevity
>>
>>29853422
Not to mention these new games have removed a severe portion of features from previous generations, particularly Gen 6. Yet they still want us to pay full price for even less content than ever before? Fuck off.
>>
File: 1474128170176.png (228KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
1474128170176.png
228KB, 613x560px
>>29853422
>despite the wildly variable amount of content
Oh fucking please. Every single Pokemon game has enough content within the campaign to warrant the price of admission. There's always a fuckton to see and do before you ever see the staff scroll up the screen. Post-game is extra content. It's bonus shit. Nobody fucking owes it to you, and most games don't bother with it at all. But instead of being grateful for whatever you get, here you are stomping your feet like a toddler because Daddy Gamefreak didn't give you three more fucking games worth of content to complete after you finished the one you bought.

>>29853551
You can also kill yourself for this comment, since it's fucking wrong. Pokemon has incredible re-play value, as evidenced by the people who still pick up older generations and play through them frequently, which is literally everyone. You are in incredible cunt, and I hope your 3DS snaps in two so you never have to play another "shitty 20 hour game filled with content but only a little extra content >:(" again.
>>
>>29853475
Outside of removal of HMs, Ohmori was a fucking mistake. Masuda's a mistake more and more as time goes on. We need the directors of Emerald, Pt and B2W2 to take over permanently cause they know how to deliver new content.
>>
>>29853551
Name a single "good" postgame that didn't involve battling with gimmick rules.
>>
>>29853475
>>29853640
The basically switched from giving the cold shoulder to SP fans to doing the same to competitive fans. Neither should be happening.
>>
>>29853613
Dear Gamefreak shill, you can't just claim all pokémon games all meet the price tag which is equal among them all, when there's stuff like Platinum with more content than XY. When you sell both games for the same price, you're either selling one too cheap, or the other too expensive.

Your stupid "hurrdurr be grateful" shit can go to hell. Gamefreak is not a charity. I'm a paying costumer. I've seen good products from them before and I'm perfectly justified in complaining about the lack of content.

And pokémon doesn't have much of replay value, since the main jouney is railroaded as hell. Every single SM rerun you can ever make will be the exact same bar the different pokémon you might use
>>
>>29853714
>haven't played the game, but is still feels entitled to bitch about it
>haven't paid for the game, but still complains about getting ripped off
Pick one.
>>
>>29853714
You can go back to /v/ now.
>>
>>29850716
Besides Dugtrio, which normal forms are better?
>>
>gamefreak is seriously retarded.

are these guys even japanese?????!!!!!
>>
>if you want longevity, just play online!

GF just completely fucked competitive by backpeddling on almost every improvement Gen 6 made to team building
>>
>>29853786
All of them, except for Muk and (a big) maybe Persian. Dugtrio is at least great for the ingame run, and absolutely breaks the story.
>>
What happens when you breed vivlions?
Do patterns pass down or am I still stuck with Garden?
>>
>>29853809
Did they remove the Everstone and Destiny Knot?
>>
>>29852975
Isn't Hidden Power determined by IVs anyway?

And are Bottlecaps easy to find?
>>
>>29850716
So if I breed a Vulpix with drought I get an alolan Vulpix with Snow Warning?
>>
>>29853915
Hidden Power is determined by IVs, but bottlecaps don't actually increase the IVs. The caps just increase the stats so it would be functionally the same as having higher IVs, with the benefit of being able to run a specific Hidden Power without hindering your stats.
>>
>>29853915
>>29853979
I haven't found any personally, but the dialogue dump suggests you can trade shards for caps. Shards can be gotten through the cave on PokePelago. I also heard somewhere you can fish for them, but I'm not sure about that.
>>
>>29853979
HP Fire and effective 31/00/31/31/31/31 stats are possible now?
Neat
>>
>>29851063

>comes to image board for discussion
>wants people to stop discussing the topic of the board

Just go away.
>>
>>29853883
no, that's why I say almost

However, if you want to use a non-alolan form of a Pokemon you now have to park yourself back in Gen 6 for to breed and transfer it instead of just doing it in Gen 7
>>
Well, that's one reason why we need DP remakes.

In one and a half years hopefully.
>>
>>29853870
Also wondering about this.

Anyone know if they altered the mechanics for Vivillon?
>>
File: 1476302332440.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1476302332440.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>29853933
Yes. And I just now realised it: I can breed all my HA kanto mons for there Alolan forms with there HA's !
>>
>>29852767
>Gives a (You) without actually giving a (You)
Here's your fucking (You) you fucking faget.
>>
>>29852803
They intentionally make it 'broken' so it'll get 'fixed' next gen and everyone will suck GFs dicks over it. No one could be this fucking stupid unless it was intentional.

It's like when they removed customisation of the player in ORAS to make "Every game [XY] unique so there's a reason to go back". With this logic they must purposely remove/add things to then add/remove it the following set of games.
>>
>>29853321
From the text dump:
>Trainer Tips If you find a Pokémon Egg after you’ve left a regional variant at the nursery, it can hatch into another regional variant of that Pokémon!
>>
>>29854032
>if you want to use a non-alolan form
Nobody does.
They're all either improvements or shitmons.
>>
>>29854656
Dugtrio is not a shitmon, and the Alolan form is not an improvement.
>>
>>29853870
Pretty sure you get the Vivillon of your region, no matter what pattern you breed.
>>
The reason they did this is because if you transfer Kanto Pokemon from R/B/Y on the VC they retain their typing and stats.

In other words, you gotta pay for bank or pay for VC games.

Screencap this - Ohmori will defend it with:

>"We wanted players to be surprised with the new Alola forms, that's why the only way you can get the original forms is by transferring them from a region outside of Alola."
>>
>>29854879
i thought this was what was expected from the start, lol
>>
>>29854656
Dugtrio was widely used because of Arena Trap, and that before he got a 20 Attack boost.
>>
File: 20th_anniversary.jpg (254KB, 1262x1033px) Image search: [Google]
20th_anniversary.jpg
254KB, 1262x1033px
>>29854879
>>
>>29850716
I found a sign at melemele sea that reads that even if you breed a regional variant of a pokemon, you can get the other one from that egg. Goes both ways.
>>
>>29854879
yeah, but once you've transfered one, if you breed two of them, they should NEVER be alolan-form. They're not from alola! their genes don't have any alola in it.

>gf is retarded.
>>
>>29854989
wtf
is this real?
>>
I'm not one to defend Game Freaks' asinine decisions, but the reason why the original Vulpix and the Alolan Vulpix for instance even look like how they are supposed to, is because of the region itself.

A Vulpix that was born in Kanto remains a Vulpix and a Alolan Vulpix that was born in Alola remains a Alolan Vulpix.

If a couple of normal Vulpix have a baby in Alola, the baby simply adapts itself to the Alola region instead, therefore, becomes a Alolan Vulpix.

Using that logic, a couple of Alolan Vulpix having a baby in Kanto, the baby would adapt to Kanto itself, instead turning into a normal Vulpix in contrast to their Alolan parents.

The environment is the reason why each Vulpix becomes each form, not the parents themselves.
>>
>>29851015
This. Actual evolution doesn't just happen with the birth of a new generation. It takes time. So breeding two Fire Ninetales should give you a regular Vulpix.
>>
>>29854989
>>29855142
Actually I read something similar but I didn't really understand it. Someone go back and take it down word for word.
>>
>>29855193
so you have a god damn baby vuklpix hatch on the beach...

>the snow mountains far away on another island somehow affect your hatchiling
>>
If that's the case would the R/B/Y pokes imported be legal for ranked? If that's the only way to get them and they get the gen 7 marker then we could get legal broke import sets?
Fissure no guard machamp for example?
>>
How is Alolan Dugtrio compared to his normal form?
>>
>>29855703
Worse. Alolan Dugtrio loses to Dugtrio.
>>
>>29854363
who can confirm this?
Is cucking seriously a game mechanic now?
>>
Only at Game Freak...
>>
>>29851167
What kind of autists actually used super training when hordes exist.
>>
>>29852999
Oh jesus I just now considered that there may be no ezpz level grinding method
>>
>>29852922
Damn son, why do you have so many?
>>
>>29856431
I too have a lot of near-perfect drought Vulpix. Was breeding for a shiny one.
>tfw when I finally got one, only to discover it had its regular ability instead
>tfw took another 90+ eggs to get a shiny one with Drought
>>
>>29855025
>yeah, but once you've transfered one, if you breed two of them, they should NEVER be alolan-form. They're not from alola! their genes don't have any alola in it.

Oh don't worry, I completely agree.
>>
a basic Punnet Square is the simplest way the breeding should go in regards to Alolan forms and their normal counterparts. It's really not that complicated of a matter, GF:

>Two Alolan Ninetales bred together: 100% Alolan Vulpix offspring
>One Alolan Ninetales, one regular Ninetales (gender does not matter): 50/50 chance of either or
>Two regular Ninetales: 100% REGULAR, non-Alolan form
>>
>>29856168
Super Training was good for non 252/252/4 spreads. Also you could get some evolution stones through it that were otherwise only obtainable through the closed-down PGL.
>>
>>29853110
Maybe don't solely buy the game for what happens after the credits.
>>
File: 1434588834585.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1434588834585.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>29850716

>The Alolan Islands are one big Special Stone
>>
>>29855703
Slower and loses Arena Trap (AKA his whole gimmick)
>>
>>29851124
I hate this. I figured it would only be a Lycanroc problem but here we are. Jesus
>>
>>29851124
You can't breed non Alolan pokemon?
>>
>>29851039
And breeding a female Skitty with a male Wailord doesn't produce a cat/whale hybrid.

I guess the science of Pokemon breeding goes beyond genetics.
>>
Weve known this for months. There was info in the leaks or something that said the only way to get non alola versions of alola mons is to transfer them
>>
>>29852214
HGSS Kanto and Sevii were two postgame regions and both were good

>>29851334
But Hordes and O-Powers are gone too

>>29853613
Its really odd seeing people say this, because we've had decent Postgame for years, and once we started getting less everyone is coming out to say it doesn't matter nosnow
>>
File: IMG_20161105_121924.jpg (105KB, 690x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_121924.jpg
105KB, 690x960px
>>29852596
>>29851103
>>29851083

To further explain. It's specifically 3 slots. In the programming, there's a list of pokemon. This gives its type, movepool, TM compatibility etc. Then there is ability 1, 2, and 3. 3 is the hidden ability. So if the baby is bred to have a hidden ability, it just means it has that #3 slot, and will have whatever ability is in the programming for it.

That said, unless there's some loophole built in, all Gengars transfered to the new game will no longer have levitate.
>>
>>29859051
Wait, I may be wrong on that second part. I remember illegal abilities in old gens due to Pokegen, and that wouldn't make sense since they said mons transfered from rby will retain types. So there is likely a loophole built in.
>>
>>29858932
People read that as encountering/capturing them. Nobody could've imagined that it included breeding too.
>>
>>29852739
Dugtrio is a revenge killer, with its great offensive stats and ability to trap any grounded mons by simply existing.
Alola Dugtrio is a meme with an ability that requires you get hit, something Digtrio won't survive.
>>
>>29856431
Went full autistic for a competitive shiny. I succeeded -twice even- and kept the siblings. All have their respective 5 perfect stats marked the usual way. Some I gave to friends, others to the GTS/Wondertrade, the rest will go to Sun/Moon so people who want the regular fire version of this poke can have some nice ones without breeding. Seems like >>29856733 had the same goal too.
>>
Fuck Game Freak, fuck their pandering to fucking little kids

Children don't even play Pokemon anymore
>>
>>29851216
>Pokemon walking with you
>good idea

That's one thing I never want want to see again.
>>
>>29858965

HG/SS Kanto wasn't postgame, it was just the B part of the quest.
>>
So wait, I found a Trainers Tip sign out on the island in the Melemele Sea area that clearly states: "If you find a Pokémon Egg after you've left a regional variant at the nursery, it can hatch into another regional variant of that Pokémon!"
>>
>>29858965
>HGSS Kanto
>good
(You)
>>
>>29860382
>can
does that mean theres a chance with 1 non regional parent that it wont be regional?
that twitter guy only had 2+1 egg, although it did seem like he had 2 original parents
we need someone to breed like 20 eggs with 2 originals to see if anything changes
>>
>>29860448
I'll gladly test this, I just need to get a hold of a few non Regional Pokémon that have regional counter parts to run tests. We just need to make sure they are transferred Pokémon as well.
>>
>>29856951
Are you a fuck? That's not how Punnet Squares work. While what you're saying would be a good way to handle it, a Punnet Square would involve alleles being saved, which I highly doubt is happening.
>>
>>29859925
No, it was after the first end credits. Delta Episode has its own "The End" tag but is still postgame

>>29860438
Have ypu played FRLG Kanto? It is just as bland. Just without the Sliph Building and SS-Anne. And we still get an SS Aqua to replace it. A few shorter routes but the region is pretty much the same
>>
>>29861196
gen some for oras, then import them into gen 7 pkhex to make them pk7
shouldnt be too hard really
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.