[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Aurora Veil STACKS with Reflect and Light Screen and its

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>Aurora Veil STACKS with Reflect and Light Screen and its effects last even if Hail gets replaced by another weather

Is Alola Ninetales going to be actually good in OU?
>>
>>29848905
>Aurora Veil STACKS with Reflect and Light Screen
Horseshit, source?
Anyway that doesn't sound terribly busted since you need to spend 4 turns setting them up anyway (assuming it doesn't learn reflect/light screen.)
>>
>>29848905
What pokemon learn aurora veil?
>>
>>29848905
Is there any way to extend it, like with Light Clay or something?
>>
File: mSD9XbN[1].jpg (48KB, 921x544px) Image search: [Google]
mSD9XbN[1].jpg
48KB, 921x544px
>>29848936

You won't have time to stack them though.

Hail will still be the worst weather, Alolan Ninetales will just be a good dual screens setter that can also use 100% accurate Blizzard.
>>
>>29848946

Alolan Sandslash
Alolan Ninetales
Jynx
Articuno
Mew
Delibird
Regice
Glaceon
Froslass
Cryogonal

That's it, just a handful of Ice type Pokemon and Mew.

https://paste ee/r/zYMUr
>>
>>29848905
AV stacking with the screens is more relevant to doubles than singles but even disregarding that Ninetales-A seems perfectly viable in OU with the amount of support it provides to HO:

>base 109 speed
>Snow Warning is helpful for breaking Sturdy/Sash users who could otherwise stop a sweep
>Dual Screens in one move is absolutely godly
>Can use Encore to screw up opposing setup sweepers and random shit
>Ice and Fairy are extremely powerful offensive types so even with that low SpA it can threaten a lot of stuff

It probably won't make OU but Ninetales-A is certainly going to be relevant in the tier.
This makes me quite happy because I love its design and typing.
>>
File: ahhwell.jpg (66KB, 635x717px) Image search: [Google]
ahhwell.jpg
66KB, 635x717px
the main problem with hail is and has always been Only Ice types benefit from it. They really should have another type to benefit from it, like say.... Poison even though it wont make sense but I dont care!!
>>
>>29848936
Smogon's research thread confirms that they indeed stack.
>>
Hello Iron Head Bait, how are you today?
Excadrill would like to meet with you.
>>
>>29848905
4-move syndrome.
>Aurora Veil
>Reflect
>Light Screen
>Hail
>Blizzard
Take one away and it breaks.
Even if you use it solely as a support mon, it needs four turns to set this all up, and with typing like this it wouldn't even live three.
>>
>A mon with Snow Warning that isn't slow as shit.

Thank you Jesus.
>>
Ninetales-A @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Moonblast
- Encore

Best set
>>
Why use hail when you have snow warning?
>>
So does it still evolve from a Fire Stone?
>>
>>29849003
Oh, forgot about Snow Warning. Still, it needs time to set up and dies to Steel type moves.
>>
>>29849028
Ice stone
>>
>>29849003
>Stacking is for doubles
Why would you waste time doing that in singles
>Hail
It's HA is Snow Warning, no need to run that
Just run AV, Blizzard, Fairy Coverage, ??? Doesn't matter it's only here for AV
>>
>>29849028

No, Vulpix and Sandshrew evolve using the new Ice Stone
>>
>>29849003
you know Alola ninetales gets snow warning right?
>>
>>29848992
now they do though because aurora veil works for your whole team, ice or no
>>
>>29849011
This.

All it needs to do is com in against something slower or that it can force out (not too hard with that speed, Encore and dual STAB), setup Aurora Veil and it has done its job.
Hail is nice for screwing up stuff like Sturdy Skarmory who could otherwise stop a sweep but that's just a bonus.
>>
>>29848999

252 SpA Life Orb Ninetales Blizzard vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Excadrill: 242-285 (67 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

Yeah good luck with that
>>
>>29848950
Light Clay does apply, yes.
>>
>>29849003
>Hail
Anon...
>>
>>29849033
>>29849040
Well at least they didn't fuck this one up. Does Glaceon evolve with one too or do you still have to find the rock in a route?
>>
>>29849011
I'd consider switching Encore with Freeze Dry to hit stuff like Rotom-W.
>>
>>29849073
>Does Glaceon evolve with one too or do you still have to find the rock in a route?

Still uses the Ice Rock.
>>
Aurora Veil is essentially a reusable Memento that lasts 8 turns (with Light Clay) even if your opponent switches out, but at the cost of not grabbing momentum because you're not KOing itself (this can somewhat be remedied with Encore).

It is certainly a valuable tool for HO teams and Ninetales-A is the only viable user of the move, giving it a unique niche in OU.

GF has screwed ice types over a million times, but they FINALLY managed to make one useful without resorting to obscene offensive stats.
>>
How are we even supposed to get snow warning without hacking? It's a hidden ability
>>
>>29849051
the rest of the team will still get buffeted by hail damage every turn. its not that bad but i get what that other anon meant
>>
>>29849011
Any good partners for this build? I assume setup sweepers that resist the types Ninetales is weak to?
>>
>>29849134
Maybe something with slush rush, but two ice types is risky
>>
>>29849121

When Pokemon call for help, the helpers have a chance of having their Hidden Ability. You'll know when Snow Warning activates.

Once one with Snow Warning pops up, KO the original one and catch that one.
>>
>>29849121
All Pokemon when at low health have a chance to call for help. The more Pokemon called in a battle the higher the chance for an HA or a Shiny.
Get a Vulpix to one hp with false swipe, and then keep using a non damaging move until it calls for help.
Repeat until hail starts.
>>
>>29849134
well Ninetales is weak to fire, steel, rock and poison and the only combo that resists them is water/ground so I guess Mega Swampert can be an option?

Keldeo also resists all of them except Poison and with Smogonbird being useless now it is even more dangerous than before.

There's also Flygon who just got DD and resists everything Ninetales is weak to except steel.

I'm sure there are lots of options here, either way Ninetales is good.
>>
>>29849174
>>29849160
Thanks guys
>>
>>29849191
how is smogonbird useless?
>>
>>29849202
Gale Wings now works only at full HP.
>>
>>29849202
Oh you poor thing, you dont know what theyve done to it, they made gale wings only work when at max hp, and also the priority blocking abilities added and priority rock move
>>
File: d4b[1].png (332KB, 680x693px) Image search: [Google]
d4b[1].png
332KB, 680x693px
>>29849202

Here's a rundown.

Gale Wings now only works when Talonflame's HP is full.

With sneaky pebbles, as well as recoil, it's gonna be near impossible for Talonflame to ever get a chance to use priority.
>>
>>29848969
Makes you wonder why they even bothered making it a TM when only Vulpix and Ninetales can realistically use it.

At least they made one ice type completely unique and not just a "water type with stronger STAB and worse defensive type". It's a start, I guess.
>>
>>29849261
Same reason they made Leech Life a TM.
>>
>>29849278
What's that reason?
Neo Leech Seed is a fantastic move with great distribution, Aurora Veil is also a fantastic move but only 1 evolutionary family can actually use it to any effect.
>>
File: rocks.png (3MB, 864x1988px) Image search: [Google]
rocks.png
3MB, 864x1988px
>>29849073
You still have to find it, it's in mount Lanakila
>>
Is Alola Ninetales version exclusive?
>>
>>29849134
Setup sweepers that don't mind the hail too much (i.e. those with draining moves).

The beauty of Ninetales-A is that it's a hailmon that can support a wide variety of pokemon and not just ice types.
That's always been the issue with hail.
>>
>>29849313
Yup i think only for sun
>>
>>29849011
the only set it should run desu.
but thats a damn good one.
looking forward to use her in my competitive teams.
>>
>>29849261
The other mons can use it in doubles and let A-Ninetails attack instead.
>>
Is there a easy way to get a light clay in the main story?

Seems like running Aurora Veil Light CLay will make the story mode super easy
>>
>>29848952
you know the HA starts hail right? 3 turns baby
>>
>>29849512
Literally all of them have better offensive stats than A-Ninetales.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.