[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think gen 4 remakes will happen? Will GF just constantly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Do you think gen 4 remakes will happen? Will GF just constantly remake their games or will it stop at a point?
>>
I hope not.

If they're going to take away customization, ignore everything in platinum, and just casualize the fuck out of everything, what the fuck is the point? I may as well just pick up an old Platinum cartridge and play that. Remakes are cancer.
>>
>>29847698
Of course they will, but probably not this gen. I just hope when they do remake them they keep HMs far away from the game.
>>
Please. Gen 4 has the fucking best region, id love to see it with a much better pokemon distribution in routes
>>
>>29847698
Platinum remake or d/p sequel bw2 style
>>29847841
>being this mad
>>
>>29847698

is if pokemon from another dimension (ultrabeasts) wasnt a big enough sign of sinnohs return this gen...

but yes, the remake-bullshit is absurd by now.
it makes 0 sense to remake games that are more recent than the oldest remakes.

please let GF come to their senses and not give DPt the same treatment as previous remakes.
id love for it to be sequels "a decade later" with a second batch of NEW pokemon native to Sinnoh (802-850ish)
>>
Of course they will happen but probably not til 2019 if you wanted me to guess. All the remakes have been 5 years apart. Of course they can break that if they wanted to.

My only wish is that they base it on Platinum and not on DP. Hell make em sequels even if they wanna go nuts. I don't want them to make the same mistakes as ORAS and ignore the third version additions, especially when Platinum was a massive upgrade
>>
>>29847965
>>being this mad
Everyone should be mad about needing 8+ HMs to explore Sinnoh. That was a sin against humanity and you know it, bro.
>>
>>29848083
>rock climb
>surf
>rock smash
>strength
pretty much it
>>
>>29848101
And Defog, waterfall, cut and fly.
>>
>>29848163
defog and cut where never needed for the main story, waterfall for victory road and fly was standard in every game for lazy people
>>
We don't know because so far they had policy "1 remake per console" but patterns just don't work lately. SM is VERY self-contained, much more than BW. Sequel will be weird.
There are some interesting bits:
- There are 3 Type:Nulls in existence, one is owned by Gladion and he gives one to you post-game. Which means there is still one to be given to you in another game. Most likely means that there will be another set of games this gen.
- Alola's Elite Four parallels Sinnoh's. Alola has 3 young girls and 1 old man, Sinnoh had 3 young men and 1 old woman.
>>
>>29847698
If people will buy them, they'll keep making them
>>
Are Dialga and Palkia the worst cover legendaries?
>>
>>29849793
By far.
>>
2017 or 1018?
>>
>>29848211
The game is really fucking annoying without defog though, and honestly it's pretty shitty not beingn able to bring your full team for side exploration either. Mt. Coronet especially has a ton of branching paths.
>>
Can we please just forget D/P ever existed
>>
>>29847698
Yes, remember that no gen IV Pokémon was buffed/nerfed in S&M.

Why did they mean by this?
>>
>>29850928
Wait, really?
>>
Should I play platinum version rather than diamond/pearl?
>>
>>29847698
Yes. They'll use it as a transition game between the 3DS and the Switch.
>>
>>29851273
They need to save shit to do in the remake, or more people will avoid it. They'll add some Megas and Z-Moves as well to force VGC/wifi players to move over from SM.
>>
>>29852704
For the love of god yes. It is literally almost the same game but just removing all the retarded shit (Some are still left fine, but the majority are gone). The game is still running at 30 fps which is gen 4's bane but apart from that it's a massive improvement. I absolutely loved Pearl/Diamond and consider it the most memorable pokemon generation I ever played. Gen 2 came close. I'm not arguing it's the best pokemon game because that'd invite flame wars. But it's obviously just Pearl/Diamond but better
>>
I don't doubt there will be a remake. Cynthia being the only returning character not to get a redesign confirms it for me.

>>29852704
Platinum. It's great, but still as slow as a snail.
>>
>>29847698
My guess on their timeline?
>Remake gen 4, Remake gen 1, Remake gen 5, Remake gen 2
Doing it like that would give every single generation access to Pokémon Bank. After that, it decreases a lot of the reason to do remakes.
>>
They'll happen on the Switch. We never get 2 remakes in a single generation, and can still play gen 4 games on the 3DS.
>>
>>29848211
>cut was never needed for the main story
Ever heard of the Eterna City Galactic building?
>>
>>29852838
>Cynthia being the only returning character not to get a redesign confirms it for me.

That's...not it. They might not want to show her new design (which probably won't much different) before the actual remakes or redesign her twice.
>>
>>29852949
Yes, that was my point. If they gave even Grimsley and Colress a redesign, then GF must have something in store for Cynthia to not give her one in SM.
>>
>>29848258
Also, Type:Full and the RKS system were developed after studying Arceus' plates is Sinnoh.

It would make sense for the last one to be in Sinnoh.
>>
The dimensional shit in Sun and Moon would tie in well to Diamond and Pearl. Maybe Cyrus' goal could be that he wants to reach the UB World.
>>
GF might think d/p remake would be repetitive. They should just remake kanto then the second region sinnoh
>>
We're going to get a new Kanto game first, with Lillie as the main character.
>>
>>29847698
Due to the fact that we can catch gen2 and gen5 starter in SM and we can just traid up the gen1,3 and 6 ones from last gen the lack of gen4 starters is quite noticable and could lead to them making DP remakes either this gen or the next
>>
>>29847852
Play a romhack?
>>
>>29853365
You could get all of the starters between XY and ORAS.
>>
>tfw will probably just pick Piplup again
Hopefully M-Empoleon will be good.
>>
The 3DS has one full year left since after the Switch comes out next year their new handheld will follow

The last 3DS Pokemon games will be the sequel of Sun/Moon and then Gen 8 plus the Sinnoh remakes will be for the 4DS/whatever
>>
>>29853054
And one Anon pointed out that Hala might be Rowan's relative.
>>
>>29853725
>implying switch isn't the new handheld
>>
>>29853725
Switch is the handheld, you muppet. They've got no reason to have two products that compete with each other on the market.
>>
So the switch is replacing both the 3ds and the Wii u?
>>
>>29853963
Yes. Nintendo just don't have enough manpower to develop enough different games for both handheld and console.
They don't call it a successor because in case it fails they will release something else later. They also called DS "a third pillar" before it became popular and fully replaced GBA.
>>
>>29853963
Yes, it's the smartest thing to do instead of spreading your games across two systems and having dry spells. Having proper Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Super Mario, Zelda and Pokemon games on one system that merges and appeals to both of their existing markets is a no-brainer.
I'm glad, personally, since I hate the bottom screen menu selection in DS/3DS Pokemon games.
>>
>>29854327
>>29854030

jesus ive hated the bottom screen for so long, thank god I only have to buy one shitty nintendo console instead of two now
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.