[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The 3DS isn't powerful enough to support the high poly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 17

File: p06_05_en[1].jpg (36KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
p06_05_en[1].jpg
36KB, 400x240px
>The 3DS isn't powerful enough to support the high poly count of the Pokemon models
>3D gone
>Horde battles gone
>Totem battles, double battles make the game shit the bed
>They decided including the trainer models would be a good idea, too

Why?
>>
>>29841915
Would you rather have the random trainer art that just shows up out of nowhere and breaks the 3D feel?
>>
To make people complain about fps drops and then realize it literally doesn't matter.
>>
File: 1370321325847.png (82KB, 203x217px) Image search: [Google]
1370321325847.png
82KB, 203x217px
Triple and Rotation Battles got completely removed too.
>>
>>29841915
Because Nintendo is full of idiots.
>>
>>29841950
Rotations were the fucking Bomb

I'm so fucking upset
>>
>>29841915
Style over substance
That'll be 40 USD
>>
Is it the 3DS isn't powerful enough or Gamefreak being incompetent shits that can't program / optimize to save their lives
>>
>>29842093
More Gamefreak's fault, there are plenty of better looking 3ds games out there. That being said the Pokemon are high enough poly count to be used on the Switch.
>>
>>29842093
It's both
>>
>>29842093
DQMJ3 looks better than pokemon and doesnt drop frames
>>
>>29841915
Fuck gamefreak and their stupid future proof models, just stop being lazy cunts and make new models when stronger hardware becomes available.

and fuck you for making my bro Haxorus look like fucking garbage, and due to your absolute incompetence, he is going to look like fucking garbage for the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>29841915
The real loss here?
>Pokemon Battle Revolution shit the bed so hard that we've not gotten another game like it since.
Gen 5 onwards has lacked a stadium of any kind, and it's fucking DEPRESSING. The worse part is a group like dimps or something wouldn't even NEED to do new models or animations. Just new locations, ad make the attacks better to look at/more punch.

...but no, we're not even allowed that huh?
>>
>>29842093
>>29842206
it's gamefreak's fault entirely. There's no reason that MH40, Smash 4 and Kingdom hearts can run perfectly fine on an Old 3ds but fucking pokemon should run at 60 frames per hour. Hyrule Warriors is fair, but pokemon? why?

what did they even do to the game that would make triples/rotations incompatible with the game?
>>
>>29841943
he means during the battle, dillweed
>>
>>29841915
more advanced backgrounds, better detail
>>
File: wailord-not-to-scale.png (383KB, 591x352px) Image search: [Google]
wailord-not-to-scale.png
383KB, 591x352px
>>29841915
>put trainer models in battle
>couldn't be fucked to change the inbattle model sizes for pokemon to be accurate
>>
>>29842243
Because they made models of over 300 Pokemon that are way more detailed than is really necessary for the 3DS so they can reuse them in the future. Remember these are the folks that were still using the N64 models in the fucking gamecube.
>>
>>29842321
Thats just so bad and sad that is funny
Did anyone at GF even looked at it
>>
>>29841915
This is the most bizarre thing.
Like I genuinely like having the trainer models there, but they shouldn't be present in doubles, Totem Battles, and they sure as fuck shouldn't be present in the 10 FPS Battle Royale Simulator
>>
>>29841950
Exfuckingscuse me
You better have a fucking source to back that up
>>
>>29842321
>people will defend this
>>
>>29842321
This looks horrible
>>
>>29842321
Whalozenge.
>>
Trainer models make it feel so much better, though
>>
>>29842243
>60 frames per hour
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (124KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
124KB, 1920x1080px
>>29842233

No, you retard, Masuda explained why there hasn't been any more Stadium games.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/no-new-pokemon-stadium

>"It kind of goes back to the core philosophy of Pokémon as a brand: We really want to excite people and surprise them with new things they weren't expecting. The original games, of course, were 2D and in black and white, and seeing them in 3D was a stark contrast... it was kind of a huge surprise for players. Nowadays, the Pokémon are already in 3D, and I'm not sure that better graphics would be quite as impactful or impressive. So in order to come back to the Stadium series, I think we'd need to have some sort of new invention to justify it."

There's literally no point to "Stadium" games anymore
>>
>>29842459
>1 frame per minute
>.016 frames per second
The joke is that it runs like fucking shit
Worse than even 3DS launch title games
>>
>>29842352
It's probably one of my favorite aesthetic additions along with the improvement battle backgrounds. A shame that it has such a big effect on performance.
>>
>>29842356

They're fucking gone. No 'source', play the games.
>>
File: wow.png (265KB, 570x234px)
wow.png
265KB, 570x234px
>>29842321
fucking hell
>>
>>29842568
My fucking sides
Im ready to declare Colosseum and XD as the best games in the series and move on from it forever
>>
Partially because GF decided that they needed high poly counts for their mostly-flat pokemon textures.
Take a look at Volcanion here. Now, most pokemon have about half as many tris as this bastard does, but this should give you an idea of what they're doing.
>>
>>29842609
switch can't come soon enough
>>
>>29842517
maybe not every game needs a dumb gimmick
maybe just a game about battling pocket monsters with pretty graphics and decent online is enough
>>
>>29842609
Pokemon is gonna look great on the switch
Hopefully
>>
>>29842517
>We really want to excite people and surprise them
>Proceeds to make unexciting and unsurprising games

What did he mean by this
>>
Reminder the switch exists.
>>
Sun/Moon was a fucking mistake and a shitty game for the anniversary

>no dex nav
>no horde
>no super training
>no triple battle
>no national dex

Remove features isn't improving at all.
>>
>>29842686
>>29842658
Switch wont fix the horrible handholding and the cutscenes every 4 minutes
>>
>>29842626
>inb4 game freak takes the switch to its full limit and barely leaves any room for new content just like SM
>>
You faggots will really bitch about anything. Bet most of you hardly touched Triples/Rotation anyway and there were never many battles in those formats in the games either. The Wailord thing is also a stupid complaint considering the fact that we've all played Pokémon from the get go with sprites that were not to scale. GF worked within the limitations of the 3DS hardware and also made the necessary steps to future-proof resources so they won't have to waste time, money and man-power remaking the same fucking thing plus extra every fucking game.

Not one of you has given the realities of game development and running a business much thought. You pirate the games and then cry about every little thing that even slightly fails to meet your sky-high expectations every gen and get btfo every fucking gen.

Why do you manchildren do this to yourselves?
>>
>>29842694
>>no national dex
This one truly baffles me.
Why the fuck would they remove a staple of the series? That's like removing pokemarts.
>>
>>29842720
I didn't care about triples or rotations, my favorite battle style are doubles and singles.
I'm just laughing at everyone that does nothinh but bitch and moan.
It's absolutely beautiful
>>
>>29842658
It's gonna look exactly the same, except it won't lag like shit.

Also the Switch isn't replacing handhelds.
Yet.
>>
>>29842517
Wow fuck you masuda
Colosseum is way more exiting and interesting than your ayyliens and redundant Zmoves
This stupid hack thinks that gimmicks are "surprises"

No wonder the games keep falling so short of what they could be
>>
>>29842720
Don't forget to take a break for air every now and then while sucking that GF dick.
>>
>>29841943
>Lapris Used Surf.
>Trainer washes away.
>It's Super effective!
>>
>>29841948
>it doesn't matter that the game doesn't run smoothly!
Why is this complacency allowed?
>>
File: Untitled.png (72KB, 1876x875px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
72KB, 1876x875px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fit6F-nyZA
>>
>>29842093
They have been incompetent shits since the beginning, they only got lucky with the first pair of games because Nintendo and Miyamoto help and during 2nd generation thanks to Iwata wizardry
>>
>>29842769
There's a difference between sucking dick and responding to an argument you cuck
>>
File: 1477200760893.jpg (73KB, 601x625px)
1477200760893.jpg
73KB, 601x625px
>>29841948
>it doesn't matter
Yeah, every game should lag! That'd be fun, right?
>>
>>29842745
I don't understand why migration of the National Dex is such a big deal.
>>
>>29842745
Just pay for pokebank <|:^)
>>
>>29842840
I personally don't care, I already have a living dex in bank, but it kinda sucks that they took a staple of the series, and hid it behind a paywall.
>>
>>29842745
Because new players are intimidated by the amount of Pokémon there are so they only list the ones available in the game and are making the National Dex a Bank only thing for completion and cataloging purposes. 290 plus some formed and Megas is much more manageable than all 800+
>>
File: 1478903263579.png (2MB, 1268x692px)
1478903263579.png
2MB, 1268x692px
>>29842694

Also this is actually the full returning cast list in the pokemansion 2.0. Black/white 2 was the pinnacle after all
>>
>>29842884
So just go the Pt route and hide it behind having seen every Alolan pokemon.
>>
>>29842840
>can't read about Pokemon, listen to their cries or view their models and animations unless you pay for Pokebank

I know $5 a year is like no money at all but its the principle behind it
>>
>>29842765
>This stupid hack thinks that gimmicks are "surprises"
Thats the philosophy of most japanese developers, see Aonuma as another example
>>
>>29842777
The trainers are standing there regardless of if they're shown in battle. If this is breaking the immersion for you JUST NOW then I am baffled.
>>
>>29842940
>Z-Ring doesn't shield the trainer from "Pokemon Attacks".
>One of the Tapu don't take a shot from an UB to protect you.
0/10
>>
>>29842840

Because now when you complete the game you don't suddenly have over 200 more Pokemon to catch in the region.
>>
>>29842720
You're pathetic for defending things like these. Learn what it means to "criticize" something and bring up valid points to the table, shithead.
>>
>>29842935
That's so dumb, I'm forcing my self to play it.
>>
>>29842517
We want to FIGHT, the Stadium games added fun environments and conditions to fight with. The 3D models were also more involved and animated. I like Gen 7 but fuck man, it suffers greatly from bare bone battle conditions that is a shitty ass win streak. They could've at least added stuff like Little Cup or Mono-Type Teams to the Battle Tree for a more Tournament type feel...

I just want to make more teams to fight with...
>>
I really wish they just made XY2 instead and held off Gen 7 for the Switch.

I don't understand why we NEEDED a new generation at the 20 year anniversary, SM actually pales in fanservice compared to BW2
>>
>>29842635

People aren't going to spend $60.00 just to see their Pokemon with prettier graphics these days.
>>
>>29841950
As always
One step forward, two leaps back
>>
>>29842093
Yokai watch 1-3 run fine, have 3d models, have triple battles with 6 models on screen normally, the last 2 have following creatures and run smooth on o3ds (excluding zombie night, that's hell on o3ds.) Level5 can optimize much better, so it's definitely gf's fault if they can do it.
>>
>>29841915
Yet...still better than BW.

How?
>>
>>29842720
I played 900 fucking hours only in triples. Well, saving for about a hundred for breeding a shiny and 20-30 that i left the console turned on by accident, but I sure did touch triples.
>>
>>29842568
>Alolan Wailord
>>
>>29842321
>waaah waaah i want this one gimmick mon to fuck up the whole battle and graphics because muh autism

>>
>>29841915
Does it lag without 3d?
>>
>>29842568
>comparing a tv screen to a 3ds one
retard
>>
>>29842976
You didn't say anything of worth here, just pointing that out. The trainers are STILL standing there. The trainers were standing there in Red/Blue even though you didn't see them.

There's a given suspension of disbelief and part of it is giving more leeway the more flashy moves get, especially in 3D.

Even in the anime during the bigger battles in the stadiums, giant attacks are being thrown around and dodged and if you tried to think too hard you'd imagine a lot of collateral damage in the crowd. It's not suppose to make sense.
>>
>>29843030
SM is pretty much the sonic 06 of this franchise, horrible FPS count, bugs on launch(no confusion kadabra) removed features from previous Games, forced history, a shipping festival of shit, mediocre remixes such as the atrocity that is the champion theme(Seriously how on earth do you fuck s fully orchestrated theme and make it boring and without tension) and finally a poorly optimized game for its intended console.

Thet also didn't learn from their mistakes in Gen 2 and his the new Pokémon behind horrible encounter rates as nd shitty gimmicks...

SM is the sonic 06 of Pokémon.
>>
>>29842924

>device says you caught every bird in the world, when in reality you only captured every bird in North America, Japan, and some Pacific Islands
>>
>>29842568
>Wailord can fly now
>autists will defend this
>>
>>29842321
>lil' whale
>>
>>29843120
There is no 3D
>>
>>29843004
When ORAS opened its national dex before E4, I thought they were going to be more open about it going forward
>>
>>29842896
Gen 7 saved Sina.
>>
>>29843227
Why does it lag without it then? Why would they allow this?
>>
File: 1476344966270.jpg (58KB, 481x461px) Image search: [Google]
1476344966270.jpg
58KB, 481x461px
>>29842321
Oh my god are you fucking kidding me? Someone please tell me that's shooped. PLEASE. I knew Gamefreak was incompetent but I did not know they could fuck up this bad

Gamefreak has got to go. Nintendo should do whatever they can to get Pokemon in the hands of another developer. And of course, this will never happen because for some reason Pokemon has become immensely popular again, popular with people who are satisfied with the over all product, do not demand change, and will keep whatever Gamefreak SHITS at them. And us, of course, because we will still buy the games, and sales = everything, so that's the way life is.
>>
>>29843168
>Pre-Gen 3
>Says you caught every pokemon
>Gen 4
>Some pokemon sudden are able to evolve to prove you wrong.
>>
>>29843283
Everyone should pirate it now that the 3DS is wide open
There is no excuse
>>
>>29843020
Did it really bother you that much that Wailed isn't extremely gigantic on your tiny 3DS screen?

Does it bother you that much that they removed a Battle Format that is only 2 gens old that they barely used anyway?

Did you cry while playing your pirated Moon version too?

You would swear these "critiques" were gamebreaking or even mildly annoying issues. They are literally 2 very small parts of a much larger product and yall are on here crying like it ruined the whole damn game. Get over yourself.
>>
>>29843325
Or maybe you are overly defensive because you are emotionally attached to a product like a bitch.
>>
>>29842720
>Bet most of you hardly touched Triples/Rotation anyway and there were never many battles in those formats in the games either.
>Implying there werent people playing those formats

The Wailord thing is also a stupid complaint considering the fact that we've all played Pokémon from the get go with sprites that were not to scale
Stupid because they couldnt give that sense of scale in 2d. Now that they jumped to 3d, they should bring the scale thing

>GF worked within the limitations of the 3DS hardware and also made the necessary steps to future-proof resources so they won't have to waste time, money and man-power remaking the same fucking thing plus extra every fucking game.
Then why we are getting another lackluster game with fe mons again? Or how they havent handled the issues during battle ,if they knew that putting more than 4 models at the same time would slow down they shouldnt add the trainer presence or worst the whole totem battle thing

>Not one of you has given the realities of game development and running a business much thought
And you do? There's no excuse that Game Freak as a developer are one of the most laziest around since they know their games will sell because name alone
>>
>>29843162
I'm trying to build a team with just Gen 7 Pokemon and it's just not working. Everything is either hard to find, underwhelming, or both.

So far I'm enjoying the main quest more than I did XY's, but XY was a low water mark for me and they still made a crapload of baffling decisions here. Like, why did they remove the ability to enter the menu from the touch screen again? There could've easily been room for both Rotom to nag at you and some icons to access all the features comfortably .
>>
>>29843162
Don't forget that the new pokemon are majority shitmons, with a handful of crafted-for-smogon mons.
>>
>>29842720
I ONLY played triples because it was the only format you could right random people with while using all 6 Pokemon.
I know online battle simulators have doubles 6v6, but that isn't the same thing as playing the actual game on my 3DS. I wonder if the showdown guys will have a "gen 7 triple battles" because trainer models don't need to appear there just for shits and giggles. I am PISSED about triples being gone, basically. All because they needed to have the fucking trainer be in the fucking battle for some stupid ass Z move. The trainer should have only appeared when using the Z move like it did for mega evolutions in gen 6.
>>
I can understand the national dex complaint to an extent. But I didn't really think there are many people who bought the games that don't use Pokémon Bank too. If anything, it's most likely piratefags complaining because now there's something you can't have for free. Not until they update your free Pokémon Bank alternative with a Pokedex function (if they even bother)
>>
File: image.png (278KB, 800x800px)
image.png
278KB, 800x800px
>>29842321
I kinda think it's cute. I'm not defending this gen because they goofed on a lot of things but this probably should have been the size they made it when it was first designed
>>
>>29842568
I-Is he humping Wailord?
>>
>>29843312
After seeing what everyone's been showing about the game I'm sure glad I didn't fucking preorder it.
>>
Because framerate is irrelevant in a turn based RPG.

However, the removal of Triples and Rotations is a real wonder. Best excuse is perhaps six Moltres plus two Trainers makes the system catch on fire while four Moltres and four Trainers just makes it run single digits.
>>
>>29842840
Because I like my FREE 3d model viewer of mons I caught, as well as the text entries to skim through when bored. I don't want some 3rd party app I may as well just fucking go online which defeats the whole point imo.
>>
>>29843373
I'm using a gen 7 only team and over half my team (Decidueye, Ribombee, Lycanroc, Mimikyu, Golisopod, Salazzle) has type overlaps just because there's nothing else I really want to use.
>>
>>29842940
You're telling me the trainer models in gen 6 were always there in every single battle but just invisible or something?
>>
>>29843132
this
>>
>enter a doubles battle
>get put to sleep by enemy
>click on bag then awakening
>game freezes and basically crashes
wew I know it's o3ds but fuck off there's no excuse.
>>
>>29843414
I agree. 4v4 is shit.
Does any battle simulator have AI and triples? Because I might actually get one of those.
>>
>>29843467
It is annoying as fuck doing totem battles and watching the game shit itself for 5 seconds every time you pick a move. Performance may not matter quite as much as say an action game but it still matters when it gets as bad as SM.
>>
>>29841915

>Not using a New 3DS
>>
>>29843467
>2 trainers, 6 Moltres that are paralyzed, weather is delta stream somehow, and there is a terrain
>>
>>29843551
>gf
>optimizing for N3DS

el oh el
>>
File: 1478602528329.jpg (66KB, 500x545px) Image search: [Google]
1478602528329.jpg
66KB, 500x545px
>>29843353
Projecting, much? Maybe it's you who's emotionally attached to a children's game to the point where you'll go complain about it on a Japanese image board.

When something isn't my taste anymore, I just leave it alone and do something else instead of wasting emotional energy bitching about all the little ways it failed to satisfy my Patrician tastes.
>>
>>29843566
I'd like someone to do this. Alternatively with 4 trainers and 4 moltres' weather and terrain. as trainers seem to kill fps equally if not more than the fire bird.
>>
>>29843578
We are just pointing out the BS and you are th eone going "oh noez is like you are saying it all sucks now plz leave GF alone"

You little bitch.
>>
>>29843551
Fuck the new 3DS. I got a 2DS and I like it. Not gonna pay nintendo for a new console when the only game I play in there is pokemon.
Not to mention, the 2DS is much more comfortable if you have long fingers like I do, and I don't take it out anyway. The 3DS is made for little stubby fingers, even the XL models, and it fucking hurts after a while.
And the 3D gimmick is shit anyway.
>>
>>29843551
I'm playing with N3DS that has overclocking features. I had to turn off overclocking because it was making no difference and was draining the battery for no reason.
>>
>>29843578
Fuck off to your safe space.
>>
>>29843599
You're nitpicking. BS would be stuff like the overall poor stats of almost every new Pokémon, and removal of things that made the experience a lot smoother like super training/hordes. Besides that, you're bitching about something you got for free. That's what makes it even more laughable.
>>
Yeah i think i will skip SM, and t doesnt feel like pokemon. It feels alot like that yokai watch 3ds game.
No gyms, that rotom dex plus the way you are always following a red dot on the map plus, besides the starters, theres not one pokemon i really like.
>>
>>29843620
Aw. Did I trigger you?
>>
>>29843686
This is about performance as well though. There's no excuse about performance being so subpar at times. Gf is bad at optimizing it'd seem. Also fuck removing features no matter what.

third, wouldn't criticism from someone not paying for something make it unbiased? They didn't lose shit from the product so they can judge it fairly I'd assume. If anything they'd likely have a more favorable view wouldn't they?
>>
>>29842568
xD
>>
>>29841915
Trainer animations.

I wouldn't worry though. The hints of jumping to Switch are there.
>>
>>29843735
They are. I agree. I feel like they should have warned people in advance that it'd run better on a New 3DS. Did you play it on an Old3DS though?
>>
>>29843834
yeah I play on O3ds. It's okay when not in big battles but that's still just ridiculous given how other games run fine on o3ds with the same amount of stuff if not more going on. All they'd really have to do is remove trainer models for o3ds though it feels. 4 models on screen works, 6 or more? not too well for some reason with their game.
>>
>>29843086
>Yet...still better than BW.
Delude yourself, we got another shitty game thanks to Game Freak getting even lazier after the 3d jump
>>
>>29843716
No gyms isn't really that bad, you still get battles and some scenes are pretty funny, like the fire one on 2nd island. Fuck rotomdex though. That was a fucking mistake.
>>
>>29843980
For now i canceles my pre order but im still in the first island.
Too many cutscnes and overall not feeling it.
I will get further into the game and if i see what i like i will buy it.
>>
>>29843162
I won't argue with anything else you said (because you're pretty much right), but SM's OST is fucking fantastic.
>>
>>29845652
Fuck yeah, Ichinose being the sound director has been a real relief

Almost everything is absolutely on point in the OST.
>>
>>29842093

Gamefreaks Fault. Yokai Watch usually has bigger overworlds as well as have 4+ monsters on the screen at all times, and their games rarely if ever lag.

The fucking Pokemon Festival place drops frames if a person happens to spawn in a specific spot, and that place is tiny as shit.
>>
>>29846309
I wish we had some ripped models from these other games for comparison.
I think GF just really didn't bother to reduce the polygon count on their models.
>>
>>29842840

Because you LITERALLY cannot complete the "National Dex" without paying now. Before even if you only had one game, you could just do a fuckload of trading with others and still complete the dex.
>>
>>29846309
GF was hellbent on future proofing themselves with those stupidly complex models and just riding it out until a system is strong enough to handle them
>>
>>29842321
WTF? wailord should be really bigger,

this is funny looks weird
>>
>>29846358
What is this nonsense ? You can still trade to get old Pokemons in Sun & Moon. The only difference with before is that you can't view it in the pokedex.
>>
Man children complaining about muh stats and muh smogon and muh pointless bullshit. The games are as good as x and y if not better, and those sold like hot cakes with the majority of non autistic idiots liking them.

Seriously vp some of you are so far on the spectrum. understand that you're like the 0.001% a loud retarded minority
>>
File: 1475624315544.jpg (38KB, 339x338px) Image search: [Google]
1475624315544.jpg
38KB, 339x338px
>>29842838
>complaining about lag on a game with turn based combat
It's not even that bad
>>
>>29847080
because of the performance issues we lost two combat modes and horde battles
>>
>>29843190
He's a balloon whale. He's going to float.
>>
>>29842720
>I want content that could have easily been in the game to be removed!
>>
>my phone is more powerful than the 3ds
>>
>>29841950
>Rotation Battles
I am still sad noone played this. It was perfect smogon battle.
>>
File: 670.gif (539KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
670.gif
539KB, 350x263px
>>29843606
>the 2DS is much more comfortable if you have long fingers like I do
SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS
>>
File: bidoof.png (358KB, 455x307px)
bidoof.png
358KB, 455x307px
>game has only 4 islands and no additional areas
>the tutorial lasts for all the first island
What did GF mean by this?
>>
>>29841915
Because GameFreak is shit at optimisation.

There is literally no reason they couldn't do Rotation and Triple battles. It'd be the same amount of models on screen as multi doubles, so I'm not sure why they can't implement them. Hordes too.

Also, it seems that the New 3DS does indeed run the games smoother, but not perfectly.

Make sure that if you're using Luma w/A9LH, you enable the New 3DS L2+Cache options.

>>29841948
Except it does matter, you GameFreak apologist piece of shit.
>>
>>29846481
But they're not even very good. That's the problem.
>>
>>29842093
Definitely GameFreak. They've always been terrible at optimisation. They have a track record of shitty programming.
>>
>>29842321
>>29842568
what sucks about this is that they managed to make Exeggutor tall yet somehow they can't do it to all mons

they "knew" about it, but they didn't do it, they made an exception to Exeggutor because he is advertised

>>29843132
>>29843519
and yet they were completely fine showing Alolan Exeggutor
>>
>>29843086
They really aren't. B2W2 was where the franchise peaked and I don't even like most of the Gen 5 creatures.
>>
>>29843111
>implying this only applies to one Pokemon
Your autism is on another planet.
>>
>>29843162
>>29843373
>>29843405
>>29845652
Agreed with all points here, anons.

Though I will say that the music is reused a LOT. No wonder there are a lot less tracks than previous games - BGMs are recycled so much.
>>
>>29843511
This is autism
>>
>>29848141
My nigga.
>>
>>29848141
>tfw your fingers are short and stubby
>>
>>29847476
What's your point? The GPU in the 3DS is ten years old.
>>
i get that they have huge 3ds install base and all but this game really should have been a switch launch title
>>
>>29841915
>3DS isn't powerful enough
Gamefreak are just fucking incompetent.
Reminder that Resident Evil Revelations has much more going on, runs pretty well even with 5 enemies on screen, and looks phenomenal.
>>
>>29843162
>removed features from previous Games

Every single game does this
>>
>>29848505
They repeat the exact same point three times and it's hyperbole
>>
>>29848392
they are good though, check that emulator
>>
>>29849518
>and looks phenomenal
nothing truly looks phenomenal of the 3ds but i agree GF sucks at optimization
>>
>>29849649
For the hardware Capcom was working with, Resident Evil Revelaitons looked very good.
>>
OK, I agree that the game runs like shit, and the optimization is pure garbage. But if you run this shit on Citra, enable scaling and look at the pokemon models in higher resolution than native, they look fucking good. If they ported those models to the Switch or whatever replaces the 3DS, they'd be perfectly usable.
A very poor decision, but it sure doesn't look bad. At all.
>>
>>29849510
That's what happens when you rush games for anniversaries.
>>
>>29841950
Rotation was fun, whyyyyyyy
>>
>>29850329
Because Pokemon and trainers simultaneously on screen tanks the engine badly.
>>
tfw they removed the autism pokemon chain thing to find pokemon with better IVS from ORAS

literally why
>>
>>29841915
>The 3DS isn't powerful enough to support the high poly count of the Pokemon models
3v3 wtih 6 Moltres on the field + trainers would probably crash the game.

I hope will be a short generation and they have something planned for the Nintendo Switch early in its life cycle.
>>
get a fucking life and stop bitching about this shit they could probably patch this stuff up

*waits to be called a cunt shithead dick sucker*
>>
>>29850706
>expecting GF to patch anything
the games will sell anyway. Why should they even bother?
>>
>>29850706
I remember all those times when people said GF would make XY & ORAS better with patches and we got we got was minor bugfixes

"guys, let's go check if you can enter the other power plants now!"
"they'll add the Battle Frontier as DLC, just you watch!"

This is the third time in a row we're doing this shit.
>>
>>29841915
Because we wanted to be Youkai Watch.
>>
>>29842896
B/W wasn't really that great. PWT is basically the same as the Battle Tower/Dome except more predictable.

The perfect game would be something like HGSS with Gen 5's Challenge Mode, Gen 6's hordes and Super Training and Gen 7's trainer customization
>>
>>29851102
If a lot of people have issues with something mayor, then GF will most likely release a patch for it, like what they did for the Lumiose City Save glitch in XY.

Them releasing a patch for the framerate will only happen depending of the number of people who still have an old 3DS (like me) and can't stand the lag for double battles/totem pokes.
>>
>>29841943
3d was a mistake
>>
>>29842243
Because those other games have super-late PS1 tier models at best AND they don't try to have them in the same place all at once.

Other games have a special graphic for fire, GF models the fucking fire.
>>
>>29846560
>responding
>>
>>29850550
Except they didn't.
>>
File: bw.png (19KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
bw.png
19KB, 256x192px
>>29852479
The last great pokemon games.
>>
>>29852398
>and Gen 7's trainer customization
Gen 7's trainer customization is worse than 6
>>
>>29842335
>Remember these are the folks that were still using the N64 models on the fucking Wii.
Fixed.
>>
>>29852848
Not really, the sprites were all distorted literally all the time and the battle animations were too fast and awkward.
>>
>>29842976
The focus is on the Pokemon, not the trainers themselves.
>>
>>29843162
>They also didn't learn from their mistakes in Gen 2 and hid the new Pokémon behind horrible encounter rates

Same thing with Kalos mons. Fucking hell, I was hoping GF would know better than to make that shit mistake again for Gen 7.
Fuck it, I'm gonna have to add a restriction on using any Kanto mons in my nuzlockes for SM. I'm sick and tired of seeing Gastly, Abra and fucking Machop every fucking new game.
>>
>we have arrived in a time where handhelds have miniscule upgrades to the point that newer games run shit on previous same-gen handhelds

Wew

What's the point of buying the Switch then when you know they will release a better version of it
>>
>>29842840
It was literally always free for 20 years and now that it's gone people keep saying it doesnt matter?
>>
>>29842720
>>29843325
>>29843578
Your entire argument is "i dont care so nobody else should"
>>
>>29843162
>bugs on launch
the game isn't even out yet
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.