[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> No hordes > No super training how slow and painful

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 263
Thread images: 16

File: 1468645993933.png (394KB, 657x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468645993933.png
394KB, 657x360px
> No hordes
> No super training

how slow and painful is EV training now?
>>
PKHex is already updated bro.
>>
The same lenght as gen 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Mainly like BW2-5 because it has other gimmicks to make it faster.
>>
You can EV train in festival plaza i'm pretty sure. I went there once.
>>
What the fuck? These games are trash.
>>
>>29837848
Cool
>>
>>29837699
yeah fuck this gen
pre-order cancelled
>>
>>29837699
It's like they want us to inject.
>>
>>29837699
Aderaline Orb to chain.
>>
File: 1470543238852.jpg (20KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1470543238852.jpg
20KB, 249x249px
wait what !?
they removed the ability to train EVs !?

is this confirmed !?
I will not buy the game if they remove that feature!!

whit all the garbage stat pokemon in Alola EV management was the only excuse I told myself would make that game playable.
>>
Found this in Festival Plaza text

[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base HP reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Attack stat reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Defense stat reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Sp. Atk stat reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Sp. Def stat reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Speed stat reached its max!
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base HP dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Attack stat dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Defense stat dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Sp. Atk stat dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Sp. Def stat dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.
[VAR PKNICK(0000)]’s base Speed stat dropped to zero. However, it became much more friendly.

There's text for smaller increments as well.
>>
>>29838013
Stupid frogposter, it's just doing EV training the old-fashioned way. There just aren't any Hordes and there's no Super Training, but you can use Adrenaline Orb to chain wild summons so you can get all the EV training done in a single encounter, like a potentially infinite horde.
>>
File: dancing cutie.gif (361KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
dancing cutie.gif
361KB, 450x350px
>>29838013
>frogposter is a retard who can't read and overreacts to everything before even playing the game
I'm not surprised. You probably couldn't EV train until Kalos with how dumb you are.
>>
>>29837699
>Add bottle caps to close the power gap between hacker's and legit players for IV's
>Remove super training making it even more tedious and closing the power gap

JUST
U
S
T
>>
>>29837833
unless proven otherwise that's a 'daily' drink.

the pelago is also an option but it's literally 1 EV per RL 15/30 minutes.
>>
>>29838198
EV training takes no fuckin skill, dumbass. Hordes were great because it sped up the tedious process.
>>
>>29838121
if the drinks instantly max EV's then their actually even better than super training for any non complex build, only if their not a one per day thing though.

it's still an RNG unlock and has randomize levels so it's gonna suck even if it's the best scenario.
>>
>EV training

It doesn't matter, why don't you just stop being an autistic fuck
>>
>>29838249
>>Add bottle caps to close the power gap between hacker's and legit players for IV's

the bottle caps really only seem to be worth it for unbreedables and legendaries who got stat screwed somewhere.. since they don't modify the HP and the shit IV is still passed down.

everyone's still goign to need their perfect IV hacked dittos for breeding.
>>
File: 1471040900681.jpg (49KB, 533x453px) Image search: [Google]
1471040900681.jpg
49KB, 533x453px
>>29838121
what a relief.

I hate how it was done in the ye olde times.
>>
>>29838257

Does the game have to be running for it to build up or can you despoit a Pokemon and boot the game up the next day or two to get results?
>>
>>29837699
Lightning fast if you Inject, man
>>
>>29838284
>defending illiterate frogposters with kneejerk reactions
Stupid frogdefender.
And now the Pokemon can summon more of itself so you can do EV Training in a single battle and not have to worry about having all-hit attacks or your 3DS chugging to render 6 Pokemon and 1 Trainer at once. It even lets you force summons with Adrenaline Orb, and while I'm not 100% sure, continuing to chain the summons like this may increase the likelihood of bumping into a shiny.
>>
>>29838345
>if the drinks instantly max EV's
Huh?

Are you talking about Protein etc. or is there something I'm missing. Did I just forget something about B2W2 Join Avenue?

>>29838410
Not sure if it can go 0-Max or if it just says that after hitting max, but there are text for other increments as I said before.
>>
>>29838360
for story it doesn't but let's be real here, as much as pokemon story wise tries to extol 'win with your friends and your favorites' as a game it has some of the most brutal eugenics ever. minor stat differences or a bad nature can kill a Pokemons ability to be usable, and some just cannot ever pull their weight unless overleveled is padding them.
>>
Super Training was fucking annoying, Pokerus+Braces are better. Can you still keep track of EVs?
>>
>>29838420
it seems to work like you'd expect a mobile game (Rl time even while offline.) it's actually a really great secondary edition for this fact, but with the loss of super training it's going to depend heavily on how the plaza drinks work.

if the drinks are infinite use plus the pelagic then EV training just got even simpler and easier for everyone (buy drinks for the mon you want to use now/story crew, pelago the guys your going to use later)

if the drinks are a once per day thing then unless they instantly can max a pokemons EV in a stat we're right back to the old methods unless you 'stop' playing game for long periods to pelago boost.
>>
>>29838471
the plaza has a juice bar deal,the juices raise EV stats, >>29838121 is the leaked text for some of the results, and lesser result text exists. we know the juice bar is a way to increase pokemon EV's but we're nto sure if the juices are buy however many you want or 'can only buy one per day or one per mon per day etc'

the plaza has a lot of BS RNg unlock and RNg levels for stores so nobodies' fully sure how parts work right now, most people who've mentioned the juice bar have said it's a per day thing so I was saying unless the juice instantly gives 252 Ev's ina stat then a daily restriction is horseshit, and even then it's kinda dickish still.
>>
>>29838711
Oh.

In that case I feel that. Gamefreak really fucked up with EV training this gen then.
>>
>>29838409

Not every Pokemon gives a shit about Hidden Power.
>>
>>29838525
literally autistic
>>
>>29838121
Wait they got rid of the berries that already did that?
>>
>>29838745

By having it be literally the exact same as it was in every Gen except 6? Are you really this much of a Kalosperm?
>>
>>29838525
pressing Y while looking at a mon will display it's EV's like how super training did, but no exact numbers, pelago guy will say how many evs they gained while there in exact number though.

the problem with the braces is their always post game grind the stupid tower shit. that's why the juice bar is basically the deal breaker, it's either going to combine with the pelago to make EV training easy as fuck for non injectors, or going to be a compelte pile of wasted potential that makes us miss fucking super training.

>>
File: 1406875753291.jpg (22KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1406875753291.jpg
22KB, 288x499px
>menus don't have the X button anymore
>>
>the age of broken EV teams are back

They brought back Amie and even improved on it but not a less tedious version of Super Training

What a bunch of stupid idiots
>>
>>29837699
It is extremely painful.
>>
File: 98789798798.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
98789798798.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>29837699
>> No super training
>NO SUPER TRAINING
>>
>>29838833
nobody WANTS to g rind EV, to grind the fucking tower, to get braces so it's easier to grind they just want to give their mons the best Evs for them so they as good as they'll be, and even with the story being a joke of difficulty some people want to do that DURING the story.

people liked super training because it was an ALTERNATE option, you had from the start, the faster easier ways that are braces existed still, and hordes made it even easier still. But Super training was an option, a thing if you wanted to use it to train mons before postgame was nice to have.
>>
kind of a stupid question but, how easy is it to get shineys in this one? with hoards gone, the only way to farm would be fishing? does that still work?
>>
>>29839012
Super Training also allowed specific EV spreads as opposed to maxing out just two stats.
>>
>>29838871
the juice bar's the wild card in this, it could either be the money sink of convenience instant training everyone wanted, or the biggest waste of potential yet.
>>
Are Gamefreak retarded? Why not improve on an interesting feature like super training instead of removing it completely?
>>
>>29839086
The way I read about it it looks like the juice bar is one day at a time only

I'm not sure Gamefreak would allow a juice bar to be accessible before post-game that doles out EV maxing items even with a cost
>>
>>29839060
exactly, it was grindy and tedious in a lot of ways, and some of the shooting types were beyond terrible but the level of direct control was incredible for fine tuning, and it even allowed quick and easy reseting.

I feel like we're so close to the cusp of a better system with the juice bar + pelago islands, but there's just so many obvious lazy decisions in the game everywhere else, and the plaza's such a bunch of RNG BS we aren't sure whether to trust anons or not, and just expect GF to fuck it up because that's what they've been doing.

which in a lot of ways is more frustrating then just removing it entirely and forcing everyone back to the old way only.
>>
>>29839095
Same reason why they would nerf Gengar and not shit like the Genies or Primals.
>>
>>29837730
Wow that was fast.
>>
>>29839202
I heard the Pelago islands is only accessible once you gain access to Charizard...which is the 2nd or 3rd island while the juice bar is similar to the Join Avenue shops where you can only access it once a day and have to drop tons of gold on what is available.

Both are tedious and inefficient.
>>
>>29837730
How do you use PKHex?
>>
>>29839155
they only hide Ev training as a lazy way to make the game somehow 'harder' and pad out the lazy post games. I do agree there should be a tradeoff for convenience but they clearly don't seem to understand time v effort values.

Super training was side grinding but you had exact control of stat and could do it anywhere regardless of how weak the mon was, regular EV grinding required goign to specific routes, thus late game for flying at earliest for options. braces and hordes made it super easy but braces require a lot of annoying grinding to get, and are post game (some people like maxing their story parties potential even with the game being a joke)

the pelago's good but it's EV dole out rate is terrible )1 ev per 30 minutes, 15 if you put a berry in there, that's terrible.) it's great for when your done playing for the day/for mons you don't want to use yet, terrible for your initial team.

the juice bar by comparison a 'daily' limit is worthless for any value other than instant 252 EV. because you'd be earning about 96 Ev for not playing the game an entire day via the pelago.anything less than that is worthless,
>>
>>29839255
plaza stuff is evidently random as fuck what unlocks and spawns at random levels and you can only have a set amount (it lets you pick a favorite store to skew odds that's it)

the problem here is basically Gf's logic seems to be thinking if they make Ev training even MORE inconvenient it will somehow stop people from injecting, and that trying to de incentivize soft resetting for an ideal starter/discouraging Ev training till post game somehow makes the game more challenging.

I do feel like all of us are missing 'some piece' to this puzzle, but it's just way to apparent GF's solution to super training was a bunch of even worse options you can't get till post game and level 100, unless you are willing to literally stop playing for days on end, because 'mobile games'
>>
>>29839396
>1 ev per 30 minutes
Fucking christ, so it takes about 5 days to max out one stat.

SO IT TAKES 10 DAYS TO MAX OUT 510 ON ONE POKEMON? THE FUCK GAMEFREAK
>>
Ohmori has openly described being influenced by smartphone gaming and seeing it as competition to Pokemon.
>>
>>29840105
casuals destroyed pokemon, gg
>>
>>29840190
No. Ohmori and Masuda being retarded are destroying Pokemon.
>>
If any dummies want pokerus, I'll trade you a pokemon with it.
>>
>>29840243

Anon Nintendo isn't allowing trading just yet.
>>
>>29839648
you can put some sort of berry in to get it to 1 Ev per 15 but yeah still bullshit.

it's a great option for shit that's low priority, but worthless for main team.

they really do seem to think you 'want' to ignore EV training the entire story mode, then go grind battle points for braces, and only THEN start EV training.

I really hope we're wrong about how juices work or there's some sort of online minigame thing for Effort training, because otherwise if they seriously think the shit they've given us, on top of whatever hyper training actually is needing level 100 to be done with gen 5's terrible ass exp system will stop injecting,t hey are retards. Poeple will just inject even more and literally never legit train.
>>
>>29840190
the worst part is more they seem so out of touch they've actually confused the shit Phone games do to time sink pressure people into forking over cash, is DESIRED in a premium purchase.
>>
>>29840312

If it was just a free addition alongside the return of hordes and super training I'd be happy if only because I could stick a legendary in there and forget about it for a week.
>>
>>29838257

is that a "wait x minutes, then check, then wait x minutes" or does it stack.

like, can I leave a pokemon there and come back the next day and it's done?
>>
>>29840105
So? Super training was an easy and effective way to manage your EVs
>>
So basically in the postgame you can get the braces and you can reset your pokemon's EVs? Doesn't sound too bad. Just inconvenient.
>>
>>29838859
is this true?
>>
Great, so I have to go back to the old method now... Thanks GF.
>>
>>29840485

Well it's still slightly better then the old method because you can train the entire party at once.
>>
>>29837699

Super training sucked anyway. Shit was barely better than regular training.
>>
>>29840400
you can leave multiple mons in there but they only gain 1 Ev in one stat per x minutes.

it's great as a 'set it up before bed' and 'here's a bunch of guys I need to EV train for niche teams I want to do later' but absolutely terrible as a way to EV train your initial story team, or to easily EV train you initial guys.

>>29840394
this is why everones so pissed about the juices, if juices just cost currency no time limit this + the pelago would be perfect for quickly EV training stuff, the worst you'd have to do is grind currency.
>>
>>29840580

is there a limit to how many pokemon?

1 ev per x minutes on 1 pokemon isn't great.

1 ev per x minutes on 100 pokemon is more useful.
>>
>>29840431
it really isn't. it's just trying to force you to grind the tower equiv for the braces over and over and remove EV training as viable for story mode as way to artificially make it harder. Ev training a chore, nobody likes it but they do it because they have to. super training represented an actual alternate option, one available pre post game. horde's and braces then allowed post game Ev training to be super fast. all they've done is made it a chore again.

the pelago is just too slow and unlocks to late to be viable for anything other than the guys you meant to train, but can't find time to. the juices would be better than super training, even if a money sink, but if the anons are right and it's a one per day thing, then any juice that doesn't instantly max an EV (aka only a probably post game only maxed level bar) is completely worthless because you can get 96 EV for literally not playing an entire day if you do the 15 minute pelago.

We're all either missing something really obvious, or this really is goign to be the gen that breaks people into just perma injecting.
>>
Yeah it makes sense they removed Super Training. Kids dont Super Train their Pokemon because the mini game is base and boring. Also grinding its too tedious for kids.
>>
>>29837730
its not though...
>>
>>29840767
>injecting

Fucking disgusting. What's the point of playing the RPGs then, as opposed to showdown?

Unless you want to play VGC of course. Fucking GF is one step forward and two back every single time.
>>
>>29840648
you can upgrade the island 2 times.

stage 1 is 1 group of 6 pokemon, they all get 1 ev every session, but they all get the same ev. You can tell them to stay for up to 99 sessions. 1 session takes 30 minutes, if you activate berries it takes only half the time for the duration of the berry.

Noone bothered upgrading it to level 2/3 yet, I'm getting close but I need more berrys to upgrade. I assume we get a 2nd group and another anon said on the happiness island the happiness gain also increased. So maybe the ev gain increases too and becomes good, who knows.

I got enough festival coins to buy 2 ev drinks, shall I see if they are daily or if I can forcefeed 2 of them to one poke?
>>
>>29840783
but then here's the thing, if they were truly committed to that, why not just drop effort points entirely? nature is easy enough to control and hyper training ability to for stat purposes set an IV to 31 would fix the biggest problem with randomly caught mons. this gen even won't let the pokemon go back to XYORAS after they've been ported to alola so it's not like they couldn't just purge the EV.

or hell go back to gen 2 where you could have 252 in every stat so there'd be no effort beyond needing to grind specific Pokemon at certain points eventually.
>>
Is there a way to check EVs?
>>
>>29840858
it is, but you gotta compile it yourself

>>29840977
the idea is to leave some kind of individualism in your pokemon. Ofc in competitive they end up with the same spread most of the time, but you have the possibility to change that

>>29840989
press y in the pokemon summary screen, shows the spread but no numbers
>>
File: Edgehog.jpg (34KB, 403x571px) Image search: [Google]
Edgehog.jpg
34KB, 403x571px
>>29840577
>Super training sucked anyway. Shit was barely better than regular training.
Fuck off.

Super Training allowed me to fully train my starter in under an hour. This way I didn't have to worry about EVs anymore. Sure there were hordes as well, but to make use of them I'd have to get the power items and other shit post game.

I still don't fucking understand why they removed it when it didn't even slow down the 3DS like hordes did.
>>
>>29841022
fuck that i dont wanna download a bunch of shit to do that ill just wait untill someone else do it.
>>
>>29840909
because for some reason they seem to have this coutner logic that making things more inconvenient, makes people stop choosing the quick and easy cheat.

I don't want to inject, it's lazy. but I'm also a mutant fuck who only really enjoys the story mode journey, yet is also a min max fuck who likes my pokemon as good as they can be. super training was literally my jam. I don't like the post game, i hate the tower equivs cause it always devolves into watching already cheaty ai cheat harder so i can be rewarded with doing it over and over again.

telling me to just ignore ev training until post game is like telling me to rush the story, i don't 'like' that.
>>
>>29841047
>too lazy even to hack.

This is a new low anon
>>
>>29841022
>press y in the pokemon summary screen, shows the spread but no numbers
Does it let you know when an EV is maxed?
>>
>>29841137

The demo had sparkles on Greninja's speed stat so I guess that.
>>
>>29841026
we need to wait and see honestly. in a best case scenario the juice bar and pelago when upgraded may EV train fast enough it's comparable to super training with less input.

For people like you and I however who want our OG starter ev trained asap so he's at his best during the story, we're probably fucked as they seem determined to try and force Ev training to be a post game thing.
>>
>>29841137
someone said something about a red number/text when the ev is at max
>>
>>29841026
>Super Training allowed me to fully train my starter in under an hour.

It was still much slower than regular EV training.

Also Adrenaline Orb makes EV training much faster this gen.
>>
>>29840577
Kill yourself faggot
>>
>>29841216
the best Ev training options in terms of speed were post game. the big draw of super training was it let you Ev train before post game and didn't level the pokemon so you could keep 'some' challenge still.

as to the adrenaline orb im not sure how slowly forcing out one extra mon over and over is faster than one shotting 5 instantly outright. you'd still need the braces to get good EV per kill and they will always be a post game thing.
>>
>>29841167
>we're probably fucked as they seem determined to try and force Ev training to be a post game thing.
Fuck. It's what I was fearing.

I guess it's either going back to the shitty old and slow method, or waiting for something that no one has discovered like you said.

>>29841216
>It was still much slower than regular EV training
Not at the beginning of the game with not even a fucking macho brace. You try killing 516 individual pokemon or 258 if you manage to find ones that give 2 EVs that early.

Even with having the orb and having endless pokemon appear, it will still take a shitload of time compared to Super Training.
>>
>>29840977
Those values still exist because of Ohmori's autism. He wants Pokemon to be real even more than we do.
>>
>>29839055
Looks like some mon call for help, so maybe you could work a chain that way.
>>
There's something at the back of my head that's suggesting to me that this was done as a result of the critiques of the campaign being too easy somehow being registered as because of methods of beefing your Pokemon up quickly being too accessible.
>Exp gain regressed to Gen 5
>EV gain regressed to Gen 5
>>
>>29841397
then he needs to stop thinking making everything tedious as fuck to raise won't make people cheat pokemon into existence. just like it doesn't matter how much you delay time from save to picking the starter isn't going to stop people from soft resetting for shiny/gender/nature they want.
>>
>>29841323
EV training was fast as hell with hordes if you knew the right ones and had a power item bought with BP. Add in pokérus and you only had to spam sweet scent 6 times to get one stat completely filled. About a minute or 3.
>>
>>29841524

as someone with boxes of pokemon who hadn't been properly EV trained, this fact was a gift from arceus...
>>
>>29841443
their trying to lazily increase the difficulty without adding actual difficulty modes or more pokemon (remember they view mobile as a threat so too many fights equals bored to them.) gen 5 exp forces the partly to be roughly the same level as everything, making it harder for one poke to just carry.

that or they really are some kind of special retarded that they think the best way to discourage people from just creating ideal pokemon,is to make getting good pokemon even more tedious to get.
>>
>>29837730
how do i check legality
>>
>>29841443
Th gen 5 exp formula is a good thing though.

Harfer to overlevel and break the game, much faster to bring weak mons to speed, and also allows the gen 6 exp share to exist without ruining the main story.
>>
>>29841599

It's better for the story but terrible for post game.
>>
>>29841548
and for people in your situation honestly the pelago is going to be just as much a godsend. the ability to just dump a bunch of those guys in and leave them alone for a few days. not as fast per single mon but the bulk will compensate.

I really hope the juice bar is less of a shit the bed thing than it seems.
>>
okay so I just did some testing

Mimikyu killed 1 Yungoos: +1 atk ev
Mimikyu killed 1 Yungoos + 3x Helper: +8atk ev

This leads me to believe that chainkilling gives additional ev with every kill.
>>
>>29841616
This. and considering hyper training REQUIRES level 100 it's a complete added chore.

I don't actually mind the gen 5 exp but even with it, if your doing the 'default' way of EV grinding the mon still end up overleveled before your even done unless every single stat has sub 5 route options. I think they just somehow resent the idea of people Ev training before post game as a way to pad their lack of effort after story.
>>
>>29841524
Did you not read what me and the other anon said?

We're talking about early game, not post game. Of fucking course it was fast post game with all those items.
>>
>>29841641
Could be good but your still kinda stuck sitting through add call animations over and over

how cheap are these adrenaline orbs?
>>
>>29841765
idk, like 200-400 and they last the whole fight.

gonna check how high it stacks, currently in a fight where I already killed 8 helpers
>>
>>29839217
>still being salty over Gengar getting a single nerf after 20 years of buffs and attentionwhoring since it's Sugimori's favorite
Gengar's also the only one of those eligible for this year's VGC, which is the only format that GF actually attempts to give a shit about.
>>
>>29841641
Mimikyu killed 1 Yungoos + 15x Helper: +32 EV
>>
>>29841781
that's good chump change assuming we have early money generating. I still kinda like super training more but if this chaining thing awards ev's at a good bonus rate it may be worth it even if you gotta force your pokemon to be overleveled for a bit once you do it.
>>
>>29841923
you start with 40k from your mother or something

300 for 1 orb

I expect 32 to be the ev cap from 1 battle or something, gonna check again with 5 or 10 helper kills
>>
>>29841919
this somehow sounds good and yet still weirdly tedious at the same time, 3 helpers yield 8 ev but 15 yield 32?
>>
File: 1456462334861.png (120KB, 314x275px) Image search: [Google]
1456462334861.png
120KB, 314x275px
>>29837699
Wait
>No hordes.
WHY THE FUCK NOT?
WHAT'S THE LOGIC IN REMOVING FEATURES LIKE SUPER TRAINING AND HORDES?
>>
>>29841963
not bad, i could defiantly work with that amount getting a bunch of adrenaline orbs second I can.

the one perk i can think with chaining is it'd probably be higher likelihood you get pokerus

it's sounding like it's still a lil bit tedious, but not entirely impossible to work with before post game.
>>
>>29841989
Hordes were replaced by the SOS mechanic
It's not as fast but as >>29841641 >>29841919 shows there's some multiplier involved the longer you go in a chain, it's not back to entering several fights

As for the Super Training, there are features on Poké Pelago and on the new Join Avenue thing that do it's function, though it may be bothersome to unlock everything.

So basically standard Gamefreak fare of replacing a feature with another that accomplishes the same things in a different way.
>>
>>29841989
there's chaining now and an anon is currently checking the EV rate from those to see how it works, it looks like chains give an EV multiplier, they might end up yielding more EV than the horde did as trade off for needing to killt eh same amount one at a time.
>>
Should I feel bad for actually liking the prospect of being able to raise my Pokemon without having to actually play the game in any amount through the Pelago?
>>
>>29841805
It was never broken in the first fucking place. Any buffs it got was indirect. What, did you want all ghosts EXCEPT Gengar to be neutral against steels? All poisions except Gengar super effective against and resistant to fairy?
>>
>>29842190
No there's nothing wrong with it as an option. people just don't want it as the only way outside of grinding mobs one at a time.

there's a bunch of pokemon i want to Ev train (usually legendaries) who i hate using during story so the pelago is perfect for me int hat regard.
>>
>>29842244
I don't even EV train during story. I find it ruins my fun and most of my friends don't either.
>>
okay so

0 helper = 1 ev
1 helper = 4 ev
3 helper = 8 ev
6 helper = 14 ev
15 helper = 32 ev

looks like the first helper gives 3 ev and after that every new helper gives 2.

Gonna see if I get more when I kill the original mon and let the helper request more helper (if thats even possible)
>>
>>29837730
Someone answer plox, does PKHeX work with the physical game cartridge?
>>
>>29842268
some people don't some want to. I actually hate most of the post games so the core story journey is my big thing, i usually take it extremely slow adding to my team very gradually. but i'm also min maxerlevel so even though I don't' need to I still like effort training my team before the elite 4.

Super training was huge for me because i could EV train without gaining any levels.
>>
File: gengar-mega.jpg (24KB, 286x320px) Image search: [Google]
gengar-mega.jpg
24KB, 286x320px
>>29842231
>Any buffs it got was indirect
>>
>>29842296
bah this rate seems terrible.without at least macho brace and or pokerus.
>>
>>29842296
okay, switching helpers doesn't increase ev gain.

First helper gives 3x the normal amount and every helper after that 2x. Good to know but certainly not a replacement for horde/supertraining
>>
>>29842244
Why would EV train during story? It's fucking pointless
>>
>>29842425
Hordes were also not that amazing without at least the macho brace.
>>
>>29837699
>what are helping calls
>what are vitamins
>what is festival plaza evs training
>what are evs boosting held items
>>
>>29842430
because I like the story more than the post game and predominately despise the battle tower equiv, yet still like the idea of training my pokemon to be their best.. maybe i don't want to just brute force rush the story before everything even remotely related to optimization my pokemon is allowed. maybe I want to train my story team more than just grind to x level before fighting the elite 4, even if i don't 'need' to.

we know the games aren't hard but why should I not be allowed decent ev training options until post game,when the only reason it's even post game only is to pad their laziness?
>>
so the last thing I wanna know is about the lvl 2 pelago... the description only says "upgrade it so that 12 pokemon can be invited", but maybe it increases ev gain, too?

That being said, it needs at least 60 pokemon caught (seen?), so its not useable early on anyway
>>
>>29842497
true but you had super training as well so it was a trade off, as you gained braces and pokerus carries the hordes became more and more convenient, while super training allowed easier fine control and was available fromt the start.
>>
>>29842642
pokemon seen to unlock or to upgrade?

the hope I guess is it gives more EV when upgraded but somehow I think it's just gonna end up always 1 EV per x minutes, and may just lower the base time.
>>
>>29842532
Vitamins would be much better if there was no limit to how many you can give a pokemon.
>>
>>29842717
oh its actually "pokemon in the box", so I need to have 30 pokemon (can be the same) before I can upgrade.

The initial building also had a requirement, but I guess it was way lower (10-15?)

I'm 10 pokebeans short to build the upgrade zz
>>
>>29842532
>valid but slower than a horde and give exp so you have the overleveling problem

> they only ever let you use 10 per stat, are pretty expensive, also usually only sold towards the end of the game

>the only festival plaza ev training we know about is the juice which unlocks randomly and appears to be a 'you get one per day' and needs to be leveled or it's level is randomized when you unlock it.

>the held items aside from macho brace are always bought post game from those tedious grindy towers.

Ev training ishould not be forced as a post game only thing so they can avoid making more things to do.
>>
I don't mind EV training being postgame only (though the earlier the better) but making it so much more inconvenient is really going to kill it for a lot of people.
>>
>>29842804
those numbers are doable if your just willing to catch old mons even if you don't plan to train them.

also just while I remember we can box and store our starter still right?
>>
>>29840783
>Yeah it makes sense they removed Super Training
It doesn't. They could have made it even better if GF had a clue.
>>
> No super training
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS
>>
>>29842971
that's what always get time, it's not something anyone has to do for story, but i really resent the GF idea that we have to be retarded about Ev's the entire story mode, and only post game are we 'allowed' to reset/control them. it doesn't effect people who are in it for the post game first, but it sucks for the people who want to drag out the story mode for their own enjoyment/hate post game.
>>
File: mi.png (412KB, 400x959px) Image search: [Google]
mi.png
412KB, 400x959px
10 ev for a 1star lunch
>>
>>29843100
how hard is it to get festival coins?
>>
>>29843100
So... once per stat, per kitchen, per day?

I guess that's not completely horrible if you just spam kitchens in the festival plaza.
>>
>>29843100
is it once per day?
>>
>>29843046
you get bonus EV from using the sos chaining mechanic, but its still pretty slow and gives exp so you have the over leveling problem.

we gained a juice bar that gives drinks that raise evs, but it seems to 1: randomly unlock, 2: be random levels 3: only one per day so worthless.

the pelago also let's you box stuff to earn Ev's passively but it's 1 EV per RL half hour at base.

basically all of it is a chore until you grind the tower for your braces, again. innovative post game.
>>
Looks like I'll finish EV training all my mons before tranfering
>>
>>29843100
Hoping 5* maxes it out, though good luck getting any of them like that ether.
>>
>>29843100
i swear to god if that's per day gamefreak have absolutely no idea of anything.

I know it's got multiple level bars but the plaza unlocks sound like such damn time sinks already.
>>
>>29843117
if you aren't connected to the internet there's a bunch of npcs around the festival plaza that reset daily (I think, mb several times per day, mine just reset and I did them 3h ago).

They ask you a stupid question like "I'm hungry, where can I eat?" and then you select one of your festival buildings. If it's the correct building you get 4 FC. There's also npcs that ask you questions ("What kind of person do you like?" - "I like older men", I'm not joking) and for answering whatever question you get 8FC (I guess that shit gets displayed to other players when you go online).

Gonna check if you get stuff for going online in a sec.

>>29843136
dunno, I guess, haven't tested it before
>>
>>29841022
>press y in the pokemon summary screen, shows the spread but no numbers

See this is stupid. GF don't mind casualizing the game for normies by including shit like showing which moves are super effective or weak against a foe, but then they don't bother including a simple and useful feature that lets you view how many actual EVs your pokemon has.
>>
>>29840767
>EV super training during the story

trust me I did that, it makes a braindead easy game even easier
>>
>>29843124
that's still kinda horse shit if your expected to stack restaurants just to get more than 10 EV a day if you rolled 'low.' having to RNG roll a restaurant in general is retarded.

even with the default rate the pelago will give you 10 ev's in five hours, and 48 in about one day.

you'd need five revel 1 resurants at least to get more EV ina single day.
>>
>>29843212
well that's clearly our dailies we're expected to grind. i hope the online stuff with real people has larger payouts.
>>
>>29843228
unless I missed something the super effective show thing in the demo only activate after you'd hit the enemy once/encountered it to know its type, which isn't as retarded as telling you the weakness before you even encountered it.

>>29843233
I tend to resent the idea i have to be forbidden to do what i want to do, or ignore obvious mechanics to try and hide the game is easy. the games gonna be a joke regardless let me make my mons more op if i want to doing the story mode. im tired of post game being 'congratulations, we now allow you to grind times, to make grinding stats less a grind.'
>>
>>29843100
Kinda related to this, but all of my stalls are closed. I'm guessing it's because either
A) I went online to do a Wonder Trade
B) I fixed my 3DS clock's time, but I got a penalty like you do for stuff in Gen 6
C) I connected online at all

I'm guessing it's B, but I could be wrong since someone else reported their stalls being closed too. Have to wait for a few days to make sure.
>>
File: x.png (243KB, 400x721px) Image search: [Google]
x.png
243KB, 400x721px
>>29843292
so ye, missions are alright, give okayish FC.

I did a wondertrade and didn't get any FC for that.

Lunch seems to be on a daily timer... but I like the idea of a free lvl up thing (1star, too, who knows what 5star meals do... I assume you 1 lvl for pokemon <100 though)
>>
>>29843418
yea, I bet it's b, they really don't like you messing with the clock at all
>>
>>29843425
someone posted an image of a drink that raises your mon's level by 9
>>
Goddamn, now I'm glad I bought ORAS a while ago so I can prepare.

No Move tutors, no Super Training? Jesus Christ, fuck this game already.
>>
>>29843425
wonder trade i can understand not giving FC as it would just further encourage people to clog it with even more shitmons.

im expecting the big FC generators to be
>proper trading
>battling
>that 4 way free for all
>forms of self created quests we make for other people to use
>passersby

I still don't like these lunches be on such long cool downs, 10 EV is just not worth this, a daily cool down is only justified when were talking like 252 Ev's in a single stat instantly.

the leveling lunches are obviously their mobile style stopgap for us after we beat the story (grind FC to buy lunches, to level the mons for hyper training after they get to high for battle exp to be viable)
>>
>>29843451
it's also fit with the restaurants seem to have either daily or x hours cooldown, they don't want you Dicking with the clock to bypass their tedium.

aka they continue to try and make Ev training a post game thing instead of real content.
>>
>>29843524
Move Tutors are never in the first games of a Gen so expecting them was silly but the rest is a fucking travesty.
>>
just unlocked a ball shop (1star), maybe we can get some apricorn balls there later on
>>
>trying EV training
>pokemon call a useless pokemon the give the wrongs EVs

Yeah... i will not buy the game and just keep my pirated version until something better appear
>>
File: pokemon games in a nutshell.jpg (19KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon games in a nutshell.jpg
19KB, 600x450px
I'm really considering skipping this game.
>>
>>29842268
About this.

Do you anons reset stats once the story is over or just get new mons and ev train them?
>>
>>29843888
I don't like dumping my mons so I reset their stats.
>>
>play the "lets learn japanese!" minigame
>other participant has a japanese name
>he manages to get 2 answers right in 3 minutes

these guys
>>
>>29843888
I just get new mons. I keep my in game team though.
>>
>>29843888
I get new ones, as there's usually no reliable way to resetting stats.
>>
>>29842360
If you have a way to transfer your save to your computer (JKSM), yes.
>>
>>29842296
>>29842428
>3x, and then 2x
It's just the total number of mons multiplied by two, including the original. Why are you making it complicated like that?
>>
So you can
>passively but slowly EVs train several pokemon at the same time in the Pelago (the higher the Pelago's level, the more pokémon you can add?)
>buy EV juice once per day in the Plaza if RNG/online interactions grant you the right shops (juices increase more EVs as well the higher the shop level?)
>EV train on SOS battles
>and of course getting vitamins etc like in all other games

So it's basically the same but now you have do play like 20 fucking minigames instead of only 1 like on Gen 6.
>>
>>29842642
If it's seen, you could open it pretty early with QR codes.
>>
>>29844345
>>29844345
I wanted a formula that works for encounter where the pokemon didn't call for help as well as for ones where it did call for help. It's not like that formula is super complicated.

>>29844403
it's pokemon in box, you can catch the same one 20 times if you want

>>29844355
you can buy several juices per day, but not the same juice twice

Gonna check pelago soon(tm), missing 1 bean to upgrade zzz. The description says nothing about an increased effect, just that I can store 12 pokemon instead of 6, we'll see
>>
>>29844526
this juice bar just seems so worthless unless you either get the maxed one, or the limit doesn't apply between bars if you have multiple ones.
>>
>>29844629
yea, the 1star shop seems underwhelming, but if there's stuff that gives you 9 lvl ups on a pokemon I expect them to sell ev stuff that maxes out a ev with 1 purchase. That'd be pretty sweet.

Testing lvl 2 pelago now for ev/exp gain, we know more in 12 minutes
>>
>>29844526
>you can buy several juices per day, but not the same juice twice
But it's still at most 6 daily juices (one for each stat) per shop, right?

How many shops can we have?
>>
>>29844683
there's 7 shops, but I probably wouldn't waste them all on ev stuff

but ye, only 6 total per day per shop I guess
>>
>>29842532
>>what are helping calls

a shit and inferior way to EV train compared to horde training and even super training.

>vitamins

also shit for now seeing as people haven't found a place to give out tons of cash like the Le Restraunts in Kalos.

>festival place

also a shit way because the stores are RNG as well as you have to grind them out a lot to actually the items that are worth it. Not to mention some of the shops are a once per day thing anyway.
>>
>>29844526
>I wanted a formula that works for encounter where the pokemon didn't call for help as well as for ones where it did call for help. It's not like that formula is super complicated.
That's still better modeled as a jump discontinuity.

>Let E equal the EVs gained from a battle, x equal the number of wild Pokémon in that battle, and y equal the EV yield of the Pokémon's species
E = xy, for x =1
E = 2xy, for x > 1

Mind you, this really ought to be tested with Corsola to see what happens when the call for help summons a different species of Pokémon.
>>
>>29844677
aka it's worthless until you either grind it up level wise or keep dismantling it until you get lucky.

all of these things don't actually make EV training any easier until you've grinded them up, aka post game crap. I really do get the feeling they only disliked super training because it was equally usable in story mode and post game (Ev training isn't a post game feature GF, stop trying to pretend it is._

Well pelago maybe, but it basically requires you stop playing x days until your story team is ready and basically box every mon for x time first.
>>
>>29843776

may as well. SM scream "we have another game in the reserves, whether it's SM2 or Gen 4 remakes" which is sad considering that this is their 20th anniversary game.
>>
>>29837699
>Find Fisher with 6 Magikarp
>Have Pokérus
>Hold Power Anklet
>Fight Fisher 4 times
>Battle three wild Magikarp
252 Speed EVs right there in about 10 minutes, which is faster than Super Training
>>
>>29844853
so whats the safe bet, a secret Switch game that was way way behind schedule so sun moon rushed into existence for the anniversary, or cut the game in half for SM2 to exist.?
>>
>>29844894
(You)
>>
>>29844853
Doubt it's Gen 4 remakes but a third version/sequel is pretty likely.
>>
Okay, lvl 2 pelago ev training gives 2 EV per session or 150 exp (if you chose the xp option)
>>
>>29844894
is a trainer.
you have an rng disease
and a post game purchase from grinding the lazy battle towers

nobody is saying you 'can't' Ev train, the problem is super training allowed an EV training option BEFORE the post game that wasn't tedious mid late grinding. there's tons of stuff FASTER than super training, but it's post game level stuff. super training was the only viable alternative you had before post game.

and yes we get it, the story mode isn't hard and people don't 'have' to Ev train for it, but some people want to and it's a shitty feature in terms of post gamecontent, no matter how many of it';s control variables are forced to be there.
>>
Poke Pelago and the Plaza are passive, long term ways of EVs.
Help chaining is the active, short term way of getting EVs.

I'd say wait to see how it turns out once people figure all 3 of these systems out, it might not be bad at all with them combined, could turn out faster than gen 6. There is already proof of help chaining increasing EVs beyond what you should be getting in normal battles, and we don't know how strong Poke Pelago and the EV plaza shops get at max level.
People are overreacting right now.
>>
>>29844905
We won't change console mid Gen so it won't be on Switch, and another remake is more work than reusing Alola so we'll get a third version or sequels. Then a Switch game in 2018 or 2019. Probably 2018. I feel like it's another BW situation in that Nintendo took forever to release their new handheld so another Gen came out on the old hardware during the new hardware's lifespan. We were no doubt getting a Pokemon Z that was canned in favour of dev on SM and Gen 8 hence the existence of Complete Zygarde and Z-Moves and how unceremoniously dropped Kalos and XY were. Not even counting the obviously rushed and unfinished parts of XY there's a lot of story hooks for a third version that they obviously left there for a reason but were never capitalised on.
>>
>>29845015
that's 96 evs per day or 192 per day accelerated assuming you can leave them in there for extended periods.

it's good upgrading is more Ev's but it's still not good enough as a main source of EV training early game, a good source of some extra EVs when you while your asleep or doing other stuff though.
>>
>>29845120
>>29845085

I assume Pelago lvl 3 is going to give 4 EVs then (3 would be kinda weird). Nice passive ev training, but nothing if you want a fast solution for a single pokemon.

Considering how "op" certain items in the festival plaza seem, I'd say that a maxed out juice store is going to give max EV on purchase. (That's an assumption ofc)
>>
Does Poke Pelago clock run while the 3DS is turned off?

I queued EV training for 10 hours and it says 10 hours of "play time", not just 10 hours. That doesn't sound good.
>>
>>29842642
>in lvl.1 you can store 6(?)
>in lvl.2 you can store 12
Does the pelago go up to lvl.5? Because I remember seeing that mining island with 30 Mimikyu in one of the trailers.
>>
>>29845085
the fact the pelago allows multiple mons in it at the same time and give more ev's when upgraded guarantees these methods will be faster than super training in the end. the problem most seems to be they've made all these systems grinders to make them as unviable and unusable as possible during the story.

anybody who wants or likes Ev training their story team durign story mode basically is stuck grinding the SoS chain

they really just seem to be dead set on Ev training is a post game 'feature'
>>
>>29845203
To be fair the vast majority of players only use EV training for competitive play.

Most people just pick their bros and steamroll the main story without even caring about natures.
>>
>>29845182
I would've said yes, I had my kadabra in for 12h, but I can't remember if I actually turned the 3ds off or if it was just in sleep mode.

>>29845188
Not sure, the main-pelago island only goes to lvl 3 and space-wise I would say ev training island won't go higher than 3 either (2/3 of the island are already filled with stuff)
>>
File: 1476462174169.gif (55KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
1476462174169.gif
55KB, 248x248px
So what's the deal? Can we EV train with items on like the old days? The anklets and stuff? If so, this doesn't bother me all that much, lmao.
>>
>>29845182
the game doesn't like if you dick around with the clock, but seems to count RL time as far as we know or 'hope'.

if the pelago really requires actual in game playing to progress though then it becomes shit for anything other than training your C D E and F squads of filler. Ev training while not playign would be it's greatest strength.

>>29845162
which is part of the problem I kinda have, the max rank juice instantly giving 252 ev's, but you can only buy one of each per day is extremely fair for how easy that is convenience wise. but the level 10 ev's and having the same or x hours cooldown,t hat's retarded. let the shittier juices just be a massive waste of money compared to the same amount of EV's from the daily juice.
>>
>>29845330
>>29845238

Ok thanks.
Either way I'm gonna find out tomorrow, I'll make a note of the time remaining when going to bed in a few hours, then wake up and find out if it works. Gonna leave the 3DS completely off.
>>
>>29841989
Because the new summon mechanic is far less tedious and entertaining than watching the same low leveled Pokemon attack 5 times.
>>
>>29845225
I agree but it's also a single player game story mode so people who want to twink the fuck out of their starter team are harmless in the scheme of things.

if you don't like the postgame (like i actually despise their battle towers so the shit you got to earn from them like braces etc i would rather do without than suffer that tedium if I can help it.)

there's no reason to restrict this stuff like they do other than to pad their post game, or lack of.
>>
>>29845203
So, in other words. This post feature is just for ev training a bunch of pokemon in one specific stat?

For example I can put 5 Beldum and 5 Garchomp at the Poke Pelago and all of them will exit the place with certain amount (or maybe maxed) on an specific EV once is over?
>>
>>29845411
Depending on the level of the ev-training island you get up to 3 groups of 6 pokemon.

So you can train 6 in atk, 6 in hp and 6 in def... or 18 in speed
>>
>>29845288
for like the 20th time in the thread, the only thing post game Ev grinding lost was hordes, but assuming pelago runs while the system is off you gained tons of passive EV options to compensate. the loss of super training mainly hurt people who want/like Ev training during story mode, as the replacement options are either timegates (pelago) or grind gates (the bar and restaurant) and peopel who run very specific Ev spreads (but the juice bar can compensate for this)

you power braces pokerus and everything are still there, and SoS chaining is comparable to hordes, just a lil slower.
>>
>>29845447
At first hand seems pretty interesting, but is so stupid at the same time.
>>
>>29845358
you're doing important work for all of us anon, godspeed.
>>
>>29845480
Good.
>>
File: 1474381105907.jpg (29KB, 594x598px) Image search: [Google]
1474381105907.jpg
29KB, 594x598px
We'll find out how to train when game officially launch. We're talking about GameFreak guys, do you really think they would make such a thing like EVs Training more difficult than before? Pfffff
>>
What about wiping EVs (like with the pure white bags in XYORAS)? Is that possible, somehow?
>>
>>29845288
Yep that's still there, it's just that they removed a perfectly good feature in Super Training and replaced it with yet MORE tedium, and made it work like a mobile game minus the paywall which feels somehow even more insulting. I can imagine Masuda and Ohmori sitting around thinking "mobire gaming is da enemee, how we fix?"
"Can't fight fiya wit fiya Masuda-senpai, if you can't beat den join instead"
"Dey make wait rong time for fings in mobire game right? What if we do same but make free? Dey got to rike dat, right?"
"Brirriant Masuda-dono, you are genius! I can't berieve you done it again!"
"Arr according to keikaku Ohmori-san, arr according to keikaku..."
>>
>>29845574
There's a juice that erases EVs
>>
>>29845482
it's biggest strength is passive improvement for large amounts of things you want to EV train but aren't high priority (legendary you hate but are good, batches of mons for giveaways/trading etc.)

especially if it works while the system is off because that would mean you could EV train more guys and even your main team while sleeping.
>>
>>29845574
Reseting EVs is possible on Plaza. By the way, Pelago works with 3DS off and probably level 5 train island will give you 4EVs.
>>
>>29845593
Oh my god, then who the hell cares? Y'all are bitching for no fucking reason.
>>
>all this time gated Pelago and Plaza content
>dailies to slowly gather resources and upgrade your shit

We MMORPG now.
Also think of the massive advantage CFWfags will have on launch when it comes to this shit, our pelago and plaza will be way ahead.
>>
File: 1474740978014.png (350KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474740978014.png
350KB, 1440x1080px
Pelago literally works with 3DS offline, you dont even have to "train" anymore. How is this suposed to be more tedious and the same thing as Gen IV/V, anons? Are you guys smoking oran berry?
>>
>>29845589
I think they just resent the idea of people Ev training before post game., probably because it further highlights how easy the story is.

that and the elephant in the room with how the plot extols loyalty and friendship with your unique pokemon, but the post game is about heartlessly forcing things to fuck the most perfect ditto as you discard child after child searching for the perfect one.
>>
>>29845671
>you dont even have to "train" anymore
Casualized garbage
>>
>>29840105
>>29840346
I bought a handheld and paid full price for games so that I can experience a full game rather than a smartphone game. If I wanted to play smartphone games, I'd be using a smartphone.
>>
>>29845644
festival plaza is only timegated if you dont connect online. if you are online you can join other ppl on shitty missions (wait until ppl find out how shitty they are, thats gonna become another major complain point in the future, mark my words) to grind endless fc
>>
>>29845644
I can almost imagine a Dark Souls 1 situation where back in 2011 before it came out, From Software put a timed event in the code that would end the moment the game officially released that kept making max level invaders with hacked equipment spawn repeatedly everywhere you went so pirates and streetdate breakers couldn't actually play the game until streetdate since they'd get spammed by huge amounts of fast enemies that would one shot them before they could do anything. Thankfully Gamefreak wouldn't do something like that, r-right?
>>
>>29845599
Let's wish for the last thing you said anon.
>>
>>29845702
Oh i knew that was coming the second they said online quests and the plaza's currency was 'friend coins' as long as i can get coins from stuff like regular trading and the 4 way free for all i'll just spend a ton of time giving people version exclusive pokemon and dicking around in the free for all.

now if the bar is infinite use as long as your online I will consider any complaints i may have moot, 10 EV per level juice is tedious but not like i'd have anything id want to buy otherwise early, i just don't like waiting an entire day between purchase. I actually like having the pokemon game online, seeing all he passerby faces wiz by really drives home how many people actually are playing these games.
>>
>>29845857
oh the purchases are still timegated, I was more talking about the fc you get (you get them from npcs daily when you dont connect online)

Whenever your "total amount of fc earned" reaches a certain level your plaza upgrades and you get the chance of another building. No clue how to upgrade a shop from 1star to 2start though. I assume its either by spending a lot in the store or by getting higher lvl upgrade from the plaza lvl ups
>>
>>29845950
You don't upgrade the shops, you need to get their higher leveled versions entirely.

I got Trick Room ** (two stars) on my sixth level up.
>>
>>29845950
figures, i've heard the shops come at a random level. My personal guess is if their truly copying shitty mobile games every time the plaza levels up it'll probably randomly roll a 'reward' and the reward will either be a new shop, an old shop levels, or a new spot for a shop.

or if they want to be truly scuzzy mobile tier, first we'll need to grind our plaza to a level our shops can eb level 2, then w'll need to dismantle the shop and wait for a new one to appear and hope it's higher level, otherwise repeat.
>>
>>29846004
alright, I keep getting ball stores with different owners all the tim

>>29846022
yea, gonna check tomorrow how much fc we get for trading and stuff, I know you dont get any for wondertrading (at least I got none for my 1 trade)
>>
>>29846004
yep everyone look forward to dismantling the same juice bar 1000 times because it's always rolling level one.
>>
>>29846045
Wonder trading giving Fc would be a death sentence to ever getting anything good on there.
>>
Aw shit, I loved Super-Training. Sucks that it's gone. I was able to max out a given pokemon in like half an hour with it since the minigames were pretty easy.
>>
>>29846090
i remember there was one type of shooting style that was just a nightmare to use, can't recall which though.
>>
>>29838121
Can the EVs still be reset if your mon is at Max Friendliness?
>>
>>29846262
yeah the juice seems to just work like a reset bag.
>>
>>29845671
Do you know how long it takes to get a fully trained pokemon from pelago?
>>
how big is the map?
>>
>>29844136
How would one do this?
>>
>>29846295
I think at level 3 you can increase 8 EVs every hour for 18 pokémon at the same time, so 32 hours

And there's also berries to speed up the process for maybe 16 hours should be enough idk
>>
>>29846431
Wait can that work while you're not playing too? Can you just turn off the system, go to sleep, and wake up and have that many hours of EV increase?
>>
>>29846339
If you're homebrewed, you can use JK's Save Manager to export your save file to edit it on a computer with PKHex. Then you can import it back after you've finished editing it.
>>
>>29846520
yeah
>>
>>29846552
I still prefer active methods (super training was actually fun) but this could be okay.
>>
>>29846520
yeah. it counts time when the system is offline. so you can just set up a bunch of pokemon before you quit, go to bed and change them out when you turn the game back on or leave them there while you play.
>>
File: 1358271611138.jpg (30KB, 405x412px) Image search: [Google]
1358271611138.jpg
30KB, 405x412px
>>29846552
>>29846579
Well this is fine.
>>
>>29846577
it's basically the perfect 'companion' to something like super training, shove a bunch of mons you want to ev train but may not like or want to use right now, and let them accrue some evs in the background.
>>
>>29837699
Sounds like you should just inject it :^)
>>
>>29845702
The first one will be called "Catch a lot of Pokemon!" so they'll probably just be things you would do normally
>>
Chain battles + Poképelago + some juices from the Plaza together should actually give results as fast or maybe even faster than Super Training + hordes

The main problem is that most of those are basically only doable in the postgame. And leveling them up to get the good stuff could be very tedious.
>>
>>29846616
Exactly. The more options, the better. And we like options!
>>
>>29846697
I don't get people who Super Train during the main game desu

it takes like an hour to super train one mon and the stats don't matter for the main game
>>
am I the only one who fucking hated Super Training? it was always kind of dumb to me, with the dumb soccer ball shit and everything.
>>
>>29846741

It was a neat idea for retard kids that didn't know how to google what EVs are, but I hated them for pointlessly gating so many unbuyable stones behind a random chance.
>>
>>29846734
people who like ev training for purposes of maximizing their pokemon but aren't always huge into the often shitty post game of Pokemon gens(or people who are still minmaxers, but not hugely into the competitive scene)

it's really more that aside from super training almost all EV conveniences are not only post game locked, but usually battle tower purchases, which is a huge tedious grind especially when it's a non frontier style version. so when the choice is play an easy but repetative minigame, or grind a tower of repeating lazy pokemon that just eventually start cheating outright, some people would just rather waste the hour on the minigame.

really it's just options help everyone.
>>
>>29846734
Some of us just like having fully EV trained pokemon during the story because we don't care much about post-game but care enough about stats to train them.

Call it autism or whatever you like, but everyone has different play styles. Most kiddies don't give a shit about EVs, IVs, or anything, but they're just playing the game how they want to.
>>
>>29846741
it was a good option to have, in the tong' term it wasn't as fast as braces +pokerus + hordes, but considering Pokerus is random chance until you already have access to a carrier, and the really good braces are a post game grind, your sort of limited in options until you have those. it also allowed really easy exact Ev tweaking and resetting for people who like to theory craft.

but it was a very tedious mini game if your doing it constantly, some of the ball shot styles were beyond bad, and if you hated the minigame it only got less enjoyable the more you did it.
>>
>>29846813
It felt stupid regardless. The fact that it was the only way to get stones made it worse, but it just wasn't a fun minigame either
>>
>>29838453
Potentially really rewarding if the pokemon you're EV training off of is also one you're shiny hunting
>>
>>29843888
I retire mine and put them in a special box that's like a "Hall of Champions" type deal. The new breed the carries on the fight in their stead.

Pretty autistic, yeah. But it IS Pokémon
>>
>>29846842
>Some of us just like having fully EV trained pokemon during the story because we don't care much about post-game but care enough about stats to train them.
This. I like EV training to be prepared for the post game battle facilities, but I don't normally fight people online unless I get a random battle request on the PSS while I'm bored. It just feels right to train pokemon in their 'correct stats' instead of getting a shitload of useless EVs that don't help them at all.
>>
>>29844355
Aren't there special trainers for rebatling?
>>
Question - what will happen if you use Sweet Scent in grass? And in battle with wild mon?
>>
>>29840105

Straight up do not believe you.
>>
I heard that chaining allies also increases the amount of perfect IVs they have and there are Ditto in the game so is it feasible to get a good breeding Ditto this gen?
Thread posts: 263
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.