[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no national dex I can't even defend this anymore. Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 21

File: 1470336141210.jpg (28KB, 343x362px) Image search: [Google]
1470336141210.jpg
28KB, 343x362px
>no national dex

I can't even defend this anymore. Anyone else done with pokemon?
>>
>>29835958
It's still there you numbnuts

just in Pokemon bank
>>
I still don't get what the problem with this is.

Games with National Dexes still dont let you catch every Pokemon, you're still limited to what's in the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 239x207px
You made this thread yesterday
>>
You literally can't catch them all anymore.

Why are people still defending gamefreak?
>>
Who cares? Now you don't have to collect 700+ Pokemon for a terrible reward anymore. This is worse than people complaining about HM removal.
>>
File: it says you're gay type.png (2MB, 754x749px) Image search: [Google]
it says you're gay type.png
2MB, 754x749px
The National Pokedex was used for tracking the Pokemon you were missing, you can still have Pokemon that aren't native to Alola on Sun and Moon. Hell you can even find some Pokemon that aren't native with the QR codes. I mean shit in XY you had to transfer a shitload of Pokemon through the $5 covercharge and almost no one threw a shitfit then.
>>
File: 1459675123417.jpg (36KB, 307x409px) Image search: [Google]
1459675123417.jpg
36KB, 307x409px
Fuck Game Freak, Ohmori must die.
>>
GF themselves won't catch them all.
So do we ban Pokemon from the board or what?
>>
>>29836054
You literally couldn't before
>>
Greatest decison. Based Ohmori killing off the autism collectors.
>>
>>29836068
>in XY you had to transfer a shitload of Pokemon through the $5 covercharge and almost no one threw a shitfit then.
Because everyone who wasn't a fucking retard did it during the free trial.
>>
>>29835958
Stop making the same threads.
>>
>>29836068
No people threw a shit fit then. and trust me. it was dumb
because they found out you had to pay for it. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>29836094
No stupid. We froget about vps richard level autism rules like most normals.
>>
>>29836109
They did it because it was becoming excessive, what would people do when there are over 1000 Pokemon to collect each game?
>>
>>29835958
I couldn't care in the slightest about the national dex. To be honest I've played every pokemon game and don't even know what the national dex is. Shouldn't it be called a global dex, as your Alolan Pokedex is the national dex of Alola? I prefer the pokedex for the pokemon that are in the game and that's it.
>>
So is S/M like a soft reboot or something?
>>
>>29836054
Catching 'em all was actually doable in gen 1 and 2, but it's literally not anymore. Hasn't been for a while. Quit crying.
>>
>tfw Richard might finally fuck off
>>
>>29836098
>what is Pal Park?
>what is Poké Transfer?
>what is Poké Transporter/Bank?
>>
>>29836182
no
>>
>>29836165
>>29836178
>>29836201
>people literally defending removed features
yes, lets all have less options
>>
File: 1475938229422.jpg (3KB, 121x125px) Image search: [Google]
1475938229422.jpg
3KB, 121x125px
joined 4chan late last year
Does this shit happen every time a new game releases?
>>
>>29836263
Your autism for keeping everything is that of a hoarder. Seek help richie.
>>
File: 1476149357167.gif (971KB, 332x225px) Image search: [Google]
1476149357167.gif
971KB, 332x225px
>>29836263
Buy Pokebank and you can have it
>>
>>29836182
You can still catch 'em all. You just don't have a checklist encyclopedia to go with it in the game itself. Which sucks, but not end of the world.
>>
>>29836272
yes
>>
>>29836263
It's in Poke Bank now, which you need to transfer stuff anyways
>>
>>29836284
More than catchin em all, I really liked the pokedex entries. Really fleshed out the world.
>>
>>29836311
I wonder if this was done for all of those "too many pokeymans" genwunners.
>>
They can always patch it in, retards.
They probably will.
>>
>>29836263
I didn't defend the design position of removing it, I only said that I personally don't care and won't even notice or miss it.
>>
>>29836272
Yes but each time it gets worse. 4chan was created around the time gen III was created, i was not around but apparently there was little but very chill discussion. Gen IV, I occasionally visited but didn't post because underage, civil discussion but people didn't like DP, people liked platinum, and then the hype for HGSS was so big it basically forced the creation of this board, as the Johto remake theory had basically been a persistent meme in all pokemon forums everywhere ever since FRLG, and it's fucking shameful that /vp/ has forgotten that HGSS was their promised savior. Gen V is when i started being more active here, people generally liked the games but there started being a lot more bait and drama. Gen VI onwards has all been like now.
>>
I see why they did it. It's just annoying not to have it in game like it has been since 3rd gen. "Let's take options out and put it behind a paywall no one would complain and this is an awesome idea"
>>
I don't understand. So if you transfer something over that's not on the dex it just doesn't come up on the dex? Surely not
>>
>>29836418
Honestly it reflects the site's decline overall
>>
>>29836364
Only when Bank is out for the 7gen and thats like 4 months away
>>
>>29836217
We're still going to have Pokebank you retard
>>
>>29836436
No dex. No patch. Enjoy.
>>
>>29836217
You can literally still do that, dumbass. Nothing has changed.
>>
>>29836098

If you want to get technical, you COULD in gen 1 with that same Mew glitch.

But yeah, I think the game with the greatest variety in pokémon is what? Platinum? Black and White 2?
>>
>>29836311
>Which sucks, but not end of the world.

It's the anniversary game. How badly do you fuck up your game design when you remove something that gives you information about a lot of the things you're supposed to celebrate?

>>29836494
Look, I'll be honest and say that while the genwar stuff is just perpetuated by the same underage that contribute to console wars, you should be able to have a discussion about the shortcomings of some games. A lot of people are far too invested in the franchise and willingly defend virtually anything. God forbid you actually do some criticism about something some people like.
>>
>>29836566
Kalos.

Still im glad they removed it. Whose gonna catch all 345678 in dex when 2089 comes?
>>
>>29836364
No they won't.
>>
>>29836591
>God forbid you actually do some criticism about something some people like.

/vp/ is nothing but bitching and """criticism""" 24/7 all day everyday.
>>
With Pokemon Bank and its Dex update, does it really matter that much if the games don't have National Dexes from now on?

If you collect together a living dex in Pokemon Bank, is there that much difference between having to transfer it into each new game to complete the Dex in each game, or just mostly leaving them in Bank to complete Bank's Dex and only transferring a few to complete the regional dex or for some other use?

Like, with Bank anyone who's already completed the National Dex in earlier games only has to catch the new Pokemon from now on, so for old players, catching them all is going to be pretty easy every game. On the other hand, the number of Pokemon is getting huge, so having an in-game achievement for catching them all gets more and more intimidating for new players who haven't caught em all in earlier games.

So just having the game only give an achievement for catching all Pokemon available within the game itself, ie the Regional Dex, which only ever be 300~400 at the most, and leaving completing the entire dex to a sort of multi-game effort through the use of a shared save file with its own dex, Pokemon Bank. That makes some sense to me. It puts lets pressure on new players to complete the enormous Pokedex, while still leaving it as an achievement to complete over the course of playing multiple Pokemon games. Which is how it was going to be for anyone with a complete dex in Bank anyway because of how easy transferring it is.
>>
>>29836566
Kalos had the biggest dex and it was a fucking clusterfuck with no identity despite being in France
>>
>>29836591
I wasn't aware the national dex was the heart of Pokemon dude

Pokemon Bank has replaced it. If you're going to collect em all, you need the Bank, so they just moved it there.
>>
>>29836658
>wow, I didn't know that the device the professor gives you at the start of EVERY SINGLE GAME with the sole mission to catch all the pokemon and fill out was actually important to the series!
>>
>>29836731
Except on most comics or side games it don't exist. Also has no numbers mostly in anime. Pokemon go don't have it.

In japan they don't even use gotta catch them all. Just get Pokemon.
>>
I'm not quite sure I'm following when people are saying that there is no National Dex and that it was replaced with the Bank. So basically, there is nothing to show that you've caught them all in S&M?

If that's the case, then it's not a really significant loss.
>>
>>29836418
>hype for HGSS was so big it basically forced the creation of this board
its a whole new board we live in.
>>
It'd be better to just drop the Pokedex in general and just give an in game map with locations of the Pokemon and leave the dex entries for the bank.
>>
>>29835958
I like SM, but no national dex is the tipping point for me not buying the game.
>>
>>29836731
>implying you have literally EVER gotten the national dex at the start of the game
Keep memeing 8^)
>>
It will be back in Pokemon Rainbow.
>>
>>29835958
>done with pokemon
>still posting on /vp/
Define flounce.
>>
>>29836637
>"""criticism"""

See, retards like you can't discern actual criticism from shitposters. Complaining about poor game design is completely valid, and of course the newer games will be in the focus because the older games have been discussed a lot already. That doesn't mean the older games have no shortcomings.

>>29836598
>Whose gonna catch all 345678 in dex when 2089 comes?

What has catching to do with having information in the game about a specific pokémon. There is nothing in the dex that specifies that you have to complete it. Have you ever actually played a pokémon game?

>>29836658
>Pokemon Bank has replaced it.

Pokémon bank is not a part of the games. It's a compliment. It does not replace anything in the game. It's not just to show you caught them, it's to add details to the game and to celebrate all pokémon. If they fail at something so basic in the anniversary games it should really tell you how much they care about the franchise.

Why would anyone even defend this? I mean, why can't they have the function both in the game and on pokebank? That way, everyone gets it. That is not a large demand.

>>29836823
>leave the dex entries for the bank.

They're fucking text strings anon. Give me one good reason to why something like that should not be implemented in the games like it has for all other games.
>>
>>29836801
Sometimes I wish I could time travel to 2003 and use the original 4chan, see what it was like before all the supposed anon exoduses, before the raids, before the media attention, the stormfront infiltrations and the super PACs, back when it was just a small forum for weeaboos and all the stuff that has been idolized and parodied to death over the years was recent.
>>
File: 1473297397304.jpg (131KB, 818x895px) Image search: [Google]
1473297397304.jpg
131KB, 818x895px
What's the difference between Sun/Moon and for example, DPPt, where you still needed HG/SS to complete the dex? very rarely has a single set of games contained every single pokemon
>>
I'm just mad there aren't going to be easily accessible dex entries. Not that they would have changed anything outside the Regional ones anyway, but still.
>>
>>29836915
Richard shut up. Faggot ass nigeeie.
>>
>>29836005
>It's still there you numbnuts
>Just in Pokemon Bank

Uh, excuse me to bother, I never actually bothered getting that snazz (I don't really fill my boxes all that much in XY), but don't you have to pay in order to even take advantage of it?
>>
>>29836915
You pride yourself as this grand critic but here you are bitching about a worthless postgame feature no one cared for that's been added into a useful program anyway. Get over yourself man!
>>
On one hand this is completely asinine

On the other many people have no excuse to not get the shiny charm now since it's literally 50% easier to get now and not having to worry about legends
>>
So S2/M2, SX/MY, Eclipse or whatever confirmed for Gen 7.
>>
>>29836638
I'm still surprise theres not some sort of gift for completing a gens dex. Like lets say you get all the original 151 pokes you get something, you complete gen twos dex you get a different award ect.
>>
>>29836979
I'm not sure. I know you have to pay for storing your Pokemon, but idk about the pokedex
>>
>>29836982
>>No one cared about the pokedex and catching them all

I'm still gonna play the game but come on. It's one of the foundations of the franchise.
>>
>>29837025
You have a myopic view of the franchise. Gotta catch em all isn't even the japanese slogan, there are close to 1000 Pokemon AND THE POKEDEX IS STILL IN.
>>
>>29836979
No, Pokebank itself and checking the Pokemon in it is free. To deposit and hold Pokemon in it, you have to buy a license.
>>
File: I came here to laugh at you.png (42KB, 244x231px) Image search: [Google]
I came here to laugh at you.png
42KB, 244x231px
https://archive.nyafuu.org/_/search/image/1470336141210/image/yZrfwkli1q-ouDXc-8GlVQ/
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/filename/1470336141210/image/yZrfwkli1q-ouDXc-8GlVQ/
Epic.
>>
It'll most likely be patched in with the release of Pokemon Bank, but I doubt you'll be forced to use it.
>>
>>29836657
Still better than what we got with SM
>>
>>29836979
Its 5 bucks a year. Not exactly expensive.
>>
File: tumblr_mb3rrn3yqN1r8l831.png (22KB, 219x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb3rrn3yqN1r8l831.png
22KB, 219x219px
I JUST now realised why they probably did this, aside from making Bank a more important thing then it already was.

You know how everyone was complaining about the powercreeck and how if you weren't fast, you're better off doing something else ? And how Megas only made the situation worse ? Yeah, this is it, this is there way to "fix" the meta. In VGC, we all know that only the regional dex is allowed in the first year, but afterwards the National dex is allowed and everyone from the Genies of the Healthy meta to whathever busted mons from all 721 (until now) can participate ? Well, since SM technically don't have a National Dex, it means that only the mons in the regional one will be allowed in every VGC competition until next gen of games drop.

This is probably why they made everyone so slow and nerfed priority to the ground, they are not planning on letting anyone from pre - Gen 1 to 6 that aren't in Alola's dex in VGC. They want to make there own "new" meta with what mons we have now.

So this is it, this is there way of fixing the meta and the powercreeck, by making the Nat Dex a permanent feature of Bank, all games from now on won't have it and only the mons from there regional dex will now be allowed in VGC. So this means we're stuck with our new Alolan friends for the entire duration of Gen 7. If they make a remake this Gen like DP then we could expect there Regional Dex allowed in the format as well, but that would be it. And a year later, the box Legendary will also be allowed.

I'm not sure if I should feel good cause at least this way everyone from Alola is getting a fair chance in the format or hitting my head on the table of just how much of a LAZY excuse this is for balancing things.
>>
>>29837159
Any non dex pokemon can be used. And used vgc year two.
>>
>>29836982
>You pride yourself as this grand critic

Projection, but whatever makes you feel better. If you're not willing to criticize what needs criticism, then stagnation and deterioration is bound to happen.

>worthless postgame feature

How do you define worthless? It adds to the world building. It adds to making the world feel more alive. Having the feature in the game itself adds to convenience for the player if they do want to check it. Does removing it actually do anything positive?

>no one cared for

Evidently untrue.

>added into a useful program anyway

Pokébank without any pokémon games is not useful. The pokémon game is much more useful in that regard, so you remove something that does not need removing and add it to something where it can be added. Why even remove it in the first place? Why not just add it and keep it both places? Please answer, because you don't seem to have thought this through.

>Get over yourself man!

No, fuck you and everyone willingly defending poor game design. It's not just the national dex. It's the national dex and a whole lot more. It's not my fault you fail to grasp something that simple.

Again, why couldn't the national dex be in both?
>>
>>29837098
I hope you're trolling
>>
>>29837159
All the crap you mentioned happened in XY with VGC14 being Kalosdex only and XY still had NationalDex.

Gamefreak is just retarded and lazy, it's that simple, stop trying to explain such a simple thing that can be said in two words in such a long-assed and useless way.
>>
>>29837238
>Does removing it actually do anything positive?
Makes the Shiny Charm easier to obtain.
>>
>>29836272
Fuck u just made me realize ive been here for 4 fucking years
>>
>>29837332
>we can now obtain the shiny charm by just completing regional dex
Now THAT, that I like it.
>>
Bank has replaced the National Dex, and it will do so from now on. I doubt the Pokedex feature will be paid, most likely you'll have to pay only for storage, like in gen 6.
The only thing missing is an in-game checklist, but there's still data for the National Pokedex Pokemon in the game, stuff like "Mouse Pokemon" and the height and weight are still in the game, along with the Nat Dex numbers. Maybe they'll patch the game in January too? The game will still keep track of which Pokemon you have caught, but it won't show them to you, which is weird.
>>
>>29836769
>anime is canon
good one
>>
>>29837393
That's exactly how you get it.
>>
>>29837387
I've lurking intermittently for 7 years. Wish I had been hardcore about it from the start, this site's mix of pure idiocy and occasional weird foresight has taught me stuff that i wish I knew when I was younger.
>>
>>29837474
No you got the charm by completing the National Dex, not the regional one.

Or do am I remembering it wrong ?
>>
>>29836033
Don't you think it is weird for the game to have no info at all about the pokemon outside the alola dex? What about people who wants to complete the national dex, read descriptions, etc. It isn't about being able to catch'em all, it is just gamefreak being extremely lazy. You CAN'T defend this, you won't even be able to check thw typing of groudon for example
>>
>>29836201
XYORAS was specifically designed to have every pokemon in the games
fuck off
>>
>>29837520
We are talking about SM there is no nationaldex so you get the charm when you complete the regionaldex
>>
>>29837532
>top zozzle actually reading descriptions ;^)
these are the responses you will get. And I say this while agreeing, Gamefreak is just lazy. For every feature they add, they must remove two old ones.
>>
>>29835958
Is this confirmed? or are we just assuming it because of the dex in the pokebank?
>>
Jesus christ if this is true.
>>
You need Pokémon Bank to get most of them anyway so including the National Dex there seems fine to me. There's no reason for a National Dex in Alola since it's isolated from the other regions. Pokémon that aren't native to Alola won't randomly show up aside from the few you get from the QR codes. And since they won't be justifying Pokémon Bank in-game anytime soon this is the best option.
>>
>>29836922
That's not the point. The problem is that there aren't even dex entries for the unobtainable pokemon, not even mentioning the 20 or so pokemon that aren't in the Alola dex that you can catch. It's fucking lazy.
>>
>>29837387
I've been here for a decade
What is life
>>
>>29835958
>noticing so late that pokemon is dead
It died after genV.
>>
>>29837652
>>29837683
There's data for every Pokémon in order along with their Dex entries but the Pokémon that don't appear in the Alola Dex have no entries, which suggests they're impossible to view in any format of the Dex. Also the phrase 'National Pokedex' doesn't appear anywhere.
>>
File: 1477204778649.jpg (5KB, 191x159px) Image search: [Google]
1477204778649.jpg
5KB, 191x159px
>>29837808
Well shit.
>>
>>29837465
Thats not the point. Point is notbalways needed.
>>
>>29837532
But if you want to check your NatDex progress, and want to read other descriptions, you just download Bank. You probably don't even have to pay if all it will do is read your save file without storing anything
>>
>>29837772
you mean gen vi
>>
>>29838023
>Registering an NNID
No thanks.
>>
Isn't part of the fun of unlocking the national dex the fact that you can suddenly catch a whole load of new Pokemon adding a great amount of replayability?

So instead of 'Gotta Catch Em All' it's 'Gotta Transfer Em All'.

Honestly with the shitty postgame I was hoping that being able to catch new Pokemon would add some length to the game. It feels like they're doing what they did in B/W.
>>
>>29838154
But if there's no reason for the Pokémon to appear in Alola then there's no reason to give the National Dex, right?
>>
>>29836201
>>29836054
>He hasn't caught them all
Get-a-load-of-these-shitters-cam
>>
>>29838154
Would the blow be softened if they made you play that stupid minigame from Gen 4 to 5, or made Pal Park again but instead of it working like it did in HGSS it would work like it did in DPP?
>>
File: 1477100583914.png (162KB, 393x358px) Image search: [Google]
1477100583914.png
162KB, 393x358px
>>29836217
How can one person be this retarded?
>>
>>29838154
Gotta leave some incentive for people to buy the next games.
Man, fuck this company.
>>
>>29836054
>>29836201
MODS
>>
>>29836217
but you couldn't CATCH them all before, transfer them yes, get them from events sure, but you couldn't literally catch them yourself
>>
>>29837585
What about the oval charm? Is it not a thing anymore?
>>
>>29838786
Does any other game company do that shit?
>>
>>29836769
>Just get Pokemon
>>
>no national dex
So what happens when you bank over a Pokemon that you can't catch in SM? Do you just not see its dex entry?
>>
>>29839478
>Do you just not see its dex entry
Yeah pretty much. There just isn't a dex entry at all. No text, no number, just nothing.
>>
>>29839478
I JUST WANTED TO READ GRENINJA'S POKEDEX ENTRY BECAUSE OF ALL OF THESE EDGE ENTRIES

THAT'S THE ONLY THING I EVER WANTED FROM THE NEW DEX

FUCK YOU GF
>>
>>29839348
Got a problem with the facts.
>>
>>29838023
So it's effectively a combination of the original Pokemon Bank and Pokedex 3D Pro now?
>>
>>29836638
>a living dex in Pokemon Bank

I would be okay with this only if Bank itself gave you rewards to transfer to current gen games based on Pokedex completion.
>>
So Gen VII Pokémon don't have national dex number?

That would trigger me.
>>
how many boxes do we get in SM?

in game, not bank
>>
>>29836005
Aren't they getting rid of Pokebank soon?
>>
>>29838326
You could say that of any games set in any region, why should S/M be any different?

>>29838448
Not really, no.
>>
>>29840673
they do (722-802). It's just not shown in-game, and only in Pokemon bank's national dex (I think)
>>
File: garfielf 4.png (664KB, 540x628px) Image search: [Google]
garfielf 4.png
664KB, 540x628px
>>29838111
So you know there's a solution and yet you're still bitching?
>>
>>29836801
Its a whole new board to see
>>
So the number of Pokémon has decreased to only the Gen 7 Pokémon - and the national dex doesn't unlock... so after you've got all Gen 7 Pokemon the game is over.
>>
>>29840708
Where did you hear that from?
Bank, along with the convoluted high ploy-count models, were intended to be resource-longevity implementations.
>>
>>29840739
I simply don't want to link a NNID to my console, I didn't have to with any of the past gen games and I shouldn't have to now
The removal of the National Pokedex is a stupid idea all around and didn't have to happen
>>
>>29840849
Please, tell me how you did it in Gen 6 without Bank.
>>
>>29836201
Tell that to mine and every anon worth a damn on this board's living dexes.
>>
>>29839715
Source on Bank not having entries?
>>
People seriously think that no longer having to store your completed Pokedex on a irrecoverable piece of hardware is worse than having it associated and stored with a digital account?

This is literally the most progressive, anti-archaic thing that GF has done.
>>
>>29841027
Nintendo's brand of digital account is pretty antiquated though.
>>
>>29840825
NYou n gen 7 mons can be in but no dex.
>>
>>29840845
Pokemon Bank only earns Nintendo a limited amount of money $4.99 per person per year. The only People who get Pokemon bank would be people who have multiple generations of games and access to payment methods, limiting the audience to adults, teenagers, or kids who get parents credit cards. With that said, Pokemon Bank's appeal is no longer there.

Lets look at Sun & Moon;
> Phasing out of previous generations
> No National Dex so no incentive to have other Pokemon in the game
> Any Pokemon you transfer will be nerfed heavily in speed
> Any Pokemon you transfer will be nerfed in terms of abilities
> Multiple moves have been replaced or updated with better moves or moves that do the same
> HM's have been replaced with Pokemon you ride
> Little to no postgame plot that would justify bringing in previous Pokemon

There is no longer any in-game reason to have previous Pokemon. The only reason to transfer Pokemon is if you like how they look - and that is it. You don't get a reward and you don't have them in a Pokedex. Unless of course you want horribly nerfed Pokemon
>>
>>29841156
How exactly are transferred pokemon being nerfed? Do you mean the changes to abilities?
>>
As for when it'll end, I'm guessing around late 2017 - depending on if they give it compatibility with other previous games. They are giving it compatibility with Red, Blue and Yellow to try and encourage people to use it... but i don't think that'll work.
>>
>>29841204
>How exactly are transferred pokemon being nerfed? Do you mean the changes to abilities?
>Any Pokemon you transfer will be nerfed heavily in speed
>Any Pokemon you transfer will be nerfed in terms of abilities

I just said above...

Gengar losing levitate is just an example of the abilities. There will no doubt be others to promote and punish certain types of Pokemon.

Speed would be completely broken if you could transfer older Pokemon without them being nerfed.
>>
File: 1476912106308.png (35KB, 614x511px) Image search: [Google]
1476912106308.png
35KB, 614x511px
>there are assholes defending Gamecuck right now
>>
>>29841477
there are grown men thinking using cuck as a suffix gives them any sort of high ground right now
>>
>>29836033
Other Pokemon games allow you to catch Pokemon outside the Dex when the game ends. In fact, every Pokemon game does. And gives you the Dex for free. Hell, ORAS gives you before you beat the game
>>
>>29841558
This one allows you to catch Pokemon outside the dex BEFORE the game finishes. What's the difference?
>>
File: 1280175047823.png (157KB, 477x357px) Image search: [Google]
1280175047823.png
157KB, 477x357px
>>29841477
You can't reason with Nintendrones.
>>
>all these money goes to the idiot who drew these starters evos.
>>
File: 1468866128848.gif (96KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468866128848.gif
96KB, 480x480px
>>29841027

It isn't, S/M is already lacking in postgame and they've just removed several hundred reasons to keep playing. What's the point in transferring them? We already could do that with Bank, I play the games to catch the Pokemon.

>inb4 this is a quality of life 'feature' because "People don't have as much time to play what with all those smartphone games!!!"
>S/M2 will just be a title screen and then the credits will roll because nobody has time to have fun, what with all those smartphone games.
>Gen 8
>TCG will die because nobody has time to play cards unless it's on a smartphone.
>Anime will stop airing as nobody has time to animate because they're too busy playing smartphone games.
>Pokenchi will just be a barren studio with one kid playing Puzzle & Dragons on his iPhone.
>Gen 9
>TPC official twitter will shut down because smartphones.
>Pokemon GO is renamed Pokemon STAY and does all the walking and catching for you so you can play other smartphone games while you level up.
>Masuda decides to stop doing absolutely anything because who has time for breathing, movement or any basic motor skills in this world of smartphones and iPads?
>He tries to sit down but they already got rid of that feature back in Gen 7.
>>
>>29841904
>I play the games to catch the Pokemon.
Why do you transfer Pokemon from past gens then?
>>
>>29841297
>Speed would be completely broken if you could transfer older Pokemon without them being nerfed.

They're not gonna be nerfed. We already know that Pokemon transferred from VC (R/B/Y) keep their original stats.

Speed is gonna be completely broken, that's exactly what will happen.
>>
>>29841904
Fuck off richard. Your feelings don't make the world go around.

Pokemon is for battling and bonding.
>>
>>29836005
That doesn't really make sense though. Why do I have to go to PokeBank to look up information on Pokemon I find in Sun/Moon?
>>
>>29841930

Some of them have special abilities, are shiny, have different egg moves/move tutor moves or just simply have sentimental value.
>>
>>29841980
>richard

is this the birth of an epic new meme?
>>
>>29842002
That's dumb. What's the point in transferring them? We already could do that with Bank, I play the games to catch the Pokemon.
>>
>>29842041
>What's the point in transferring them

Because some of them have special abilities, are shiny, have different egg moves/move tutor moves or just simply have sentimental value.
>>
>>29842032
>birth
No. Fuck off newfag.
>>
>>29842069
That's a dumb reason. *game* is already lacking in postgame and they've just removed several hundred reasons to keep playing.
>>
>>29839114

Still in post game
>>
>>29842100

Almost every game has had the national dex unlocked and hundreds of new Pokemon becoming catchable upon completion, S/M doesn't.

Please explain why it was necessary to have this feature removed.
>>
too all GFs apologists, see this >>29841101

the bank is not reliable, it's not a cloud system that you can easily gain acess again if something happens to your 3ds. In some cases, you'll never recover your bank account.

also, even if Nintendo had a good accoutn system, since when having less option is a good thing? why couldn't SM still have a national dex and bank have one as well?

anyone justifying lack of basic features and options is a blind fanboy
>>
>>29835958
It depends on how far they're taking this. We're already at the point that GF is removing important features and putting them behind paywalls, I'm scared of a future full of micro transactions and in-game purchases. I'd like to see how they're going to handle the new Bank features, perhaps the Pokedex itself part of the Bank will be free, or they'll provide a National Dex as (hopefully) free DLC for the game itself.

I'm not holding my breath though, and I look forward to a bright future of paying $1.99 for Pokeball packs and Event Legendary DLC. Thank god for CFW.
>>
>>29842151
What's the difference in those new ones being available before completition?
>>
>>29842217

There isn't though. They're only available to transfer, you can't actually catch them in Alola.

The Pokemon in Alola right now? That's your fucking lot, matey. Every other game let you catch almost every single Pokemon outside of a small handful once the E4 was beaten.
>>
>>29841980
>Pokemon is for battling and bonding
>bonding
How do you bond with software!?
>>
>>29842714
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamagotchi_effect
>>
>>29842978
lmao

This article takes a massive shit on anyone who plays Pokémon

I can't stop

I'm dying

Find a better game and make some friends you fucking dweebs.

Even competitive fags can't deny they have been mindfucked by Japanese money mongers
>>
>>29843097
This was a terrible shitpost
>>
File: Pokédex___.png (8KB, 256x47px) Image search: [Google]
Pokédex___.png
8KB, 256x47px
>>
>>29843097
Not just bonding with a Pokemon that becomes your fave but other humans. The creator wanted people to come together to play Pokemon.
>>
>>29843483
Regional dex is still in. So no. Nice try.
>>
Fuck off, stop complaining. Fucking play Rumble or Mystery Dungeon if you want to 'catch' them all, you fucking faggots.
>>
>>29843625
Low effort bait
>>
>>29843625
Wait just a moment anon! I don't want to put words in your mouth, but maybe

Is it possible?

Are you trying to say?

Do you mean that you, heaven forbid, DON'T want to catch them all?
>>
>>29843625
MODS
>>
>>29843529

I don't care about Regional Pokédex.

I never did.
>>
>>29836841
You did in gen 1 :o)
>>
>>29843935
Pokemon says fuck you then. Goodbye national dex.
>>
>>29836098
You could in Gen IV. Literally every single non event pokemon was obtainable between DPtHGSS,
>>
>>29843929
Mods don't care now that there's no reason to catch them all.
>>
>>29841904
Lost
>>
>>29835958
It makes sense to me from a lore perspective, but absolutely not this late into the series. Hoenn should have been the first one to do this. But at this point it's literally laziness/paywall.
>>
So there's no certificate for completing the National Dex anymore? It was worthless, but I liked it.
>>
>>29844421
If it was meant to be a paywall, wouldn't they have increased Pokebank's cost or charged more than 5 bucks a year to start with?
>>
>>29844156
so is with x-y-or and as
>>
where did people got this info?
>>
File: 1450418464413.jpg (28KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1450418464413.jpg
28KB, 500x375px
>have an excellent feature that's widely well received and evolves the base gameplay
>get rid of it next installment

What other games do this?

Pokemon's the only brand I know that's allergic to unifying criteria
>>
>>29844503
The full game leak has no data for a national dex. Unless they're going to patch it in, that means there is no national dex.
>>
>>29844460
A paywall is a paywall no matter how much you pay!
>>
>>29844539
until bankrupt
>>
>>29844504
Every other companies.

Expecting everything to stay is unrealistic and full of autism.
>>
This is indefensible. I suppose I will keep my old Pokes in my BW2. They deserve better than to be put in that Pokebank.
>>
>>29836165
Just don't advertise it?

I'd be way less peeved about it myself if we at least had a way to store all the mons without requiring their servers. I kind of like having access to my Pokemon offline

Guess I'm finally figuring out how to install homebrew on my 3DS for their Bank
>>
Help an idiot out because I don't get it.

From my understanding, you can still trade in national dex mons and use them, they just won't have a dex number or entry, right?

What's the big deal? Some little trivia is gone?
>>
>>29836201
I have... Something like 5 or 6 living dexes now?

It's very possible to do, just takes a little while due to the high level evolutions
>>
>>29844642
Wait, there isn't box space for all the mons in Sun and Moon?
I just had a whole living dex stored in one copy of X.
>>
>>29836591
The main issue is that if you try to say you like a gen, or x gen is the best in your opinion, you get people immediately criticizing it. It would be fine if people just discussed flaws, but it's another when everything gets shat on by contrarians

Same time though, considering how overbearingly positive reddit's Pokemon board is, I figure people come from there to here to vent, which causes both places to suffer due to overbearing positivity/negativity
>>
File: screenshot..50.png (3KB, 597x233px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot..50.png
3KB, 597x233px
It's pretty obvious there's going to be a patch not long after release. They said the games would be 3.2GB, but the .cia file was only 2.98GB, which means there's 200MB unaccounted for. Not only that, but there's A LOT of 0KB files in the data, too. If it was one or two, I could let it slide, but there's SIXTY ONE of them scattered throughout the 'a' folder. Clearly there's SOMETHING going on when almost a fifth of the files are totally empty.
>>
>>29844875
Not that I don't believe it, but what makes this likely (aka why do it like that), over gamefreak simply being incompetent?
>>
>>29844421
Well remember the GB-GBA skip and how not all the Kanto-Johto pokemon were avalaible and there was an uproar about it.
I miss the old audience, they had the balls to say certain games were shit
>>
>>29844624
But then you can't collect new ribbons for them. Don't you want them to have the Kalos/Hoenn champion ribbons and the skillful/expert battler ribbons?
>>
>>29844980
As opposed to /vp/ today, where literally every game has been called irredeemable shit that's going to kill the series?
>>
>>29844904
Not due to lazyness, but they opted to remove it.
>>
>>29844460
Alright, I need to ask. What type of logic did you use to come to that conclusion? Was it any? I sincerely do not understand why you think that's a justifiable conclusion rather than simply one of numerous equally-likely possibilities. People are so goddamned stupid. Learn to use logic. Holy shit.
>>
How will you transfer gen 6 Pokemon to gen 7?
>>
>>29835958
bullshit,i was gonna use my old tyranitar
>>
>>29845060
Pokebank. No dex tho.
>>
>>29835958
Since the national dex is only in bank, does that mean we won't have the option to look at the 3D models of Pokemon like in oras. I really loved doing that
>>
>>29845043
It's such a petty little amount of money, I can't see them actually considering it a major source of profit, and one that needs stuff added to it to encourage people to buy.
>>
>>29844604
No it isn't. People like you are why we have DLC and don't have unlockables anymore.
>>
>>29844233
Nah, exact opposite

Mods are going to now ban everyone as nobody can catch them all and they care that much
>>
>>29844699
I'm not sure as nobody is saying the number of boxes, so I'm preparing for the worst and assuming we will not have enough boxes to store all the Pokemon

But if we don't have a box increase this gen, then it's likely going to be the inevitable case anyways as eventually the number we do have won't be enough
>>
>>29845186
I don't care about dlc but nice try. Plenty of old games and series thrown out old things all the times.

Majoras mask lost most things from oot, no Luigi in mario 64, Yukes tossing things out all the time in their wrestling games. Resident evil removing features, Final Fantasy changing the battles or throwing out atb. Etc.
Gamefreak did it since first gen, no walking Pikachu or removed gameboy printer.

Expecting everything to stay forever is autism.
>>
>>29845271
To be fair, Pokemon's core audience is basically autistic
>>
>>29845184
Alright, asking again. You say you can't see them considering it a major source of profit, yet you don't explain anything after that. Do you see them considering it a minor source of profit? And petty little amount of money? So? It's still money. They're influencing the purchase of something that's already been created by contributing less to their new product. They've done less work and will now profit from it.
>>
>>29845353
>To be fair, Pokemon's core audience is basically autistic

No, it's children.

I would be genuinely interested to see what percentage of the mainline game audience actually actively collects all the Pokemon. I'd be shocked if it was higher than 10%. Probably closer to 5%.
>>
>>29845421
>They've done less work and will now profit from it.

Wow, it's almost like they're a company who's main goal is to make money or something.

Profiting from doing less work is a fucking wet dream. Complain all you like, it's shitty but it's good business.
>>
>>29845427
Ok, correction

To be fair, Pokemon's most vocal audience is basically autistic
>>
we literally regressed back to when gen 3 couldn't trade from gen 2 and shills will still defend this
>>
>>29845507
No we haven't.
You can still transfer from the older gens using pokebank, the pokemon just won't have a dex entry.
>>
>>29845489
Vp isnt the most. I see well adujsted people olay it too.

Most normies who quit complain about the higher number while most kids below 12 don't collect them all.

Plus now you don't have to collects mons you don't like.
>>
>>29845507
But you can. You just need Pokebank. It's the same as transferring up from Gen 3 to Gen 4, Gen 4 to Gen 5, and Gen 5 to Gen 6.
>>
>need Pokebank to get the old Pokemon in the game anyway

I don't see the big deal. It's equally efficient unless you just hate the fact that the Pokedex isn't in the game itself. Which is understandable but just not that big of a deal.

What really steams my clams is that they couldn't just find a way to integrate Bank into the games themselves. It should be as easy as using the PC. Bank being a separate application that you have to close the game to open and wait as you slooooowly connect to the Internet before accessing it is retarded and I refuse to believe it couldn't be done way better, especially considering the price.
>>
>>29844904
I honestly don't know. Like I said, if it was one or two files, I wouldn't even bring attention to it, but it just seems like way too many empty files for it to be mere incompetence. I know they CAN replace those files with a patch, but I really don't have an answer for WHY.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic.
>>
>>29845645
This. If bank was just another option in the PC and it took a moment to connect and then you did your thing, I'd be a lot more happy with it.
I just hope the switch or whatever the 3DS successor ends up being can integrate things like that.
>>
>>29844904
The only theory I can come up with that would make any since is pokemon VGC, and they said they only wanted pokemon that could be obtained within Alola to be usable.
>>
Wait so how do you get the shiny charm in this game then?
>>
>>29846121
Complete Alola dex.
>>
>>29846132
Is that comfirmed? Shit that seems a lot easier thank god
>>
>>29846230
I’m the game director. Oh! You didn’t just finish all four of the Island Pokédexes—you completed the Alola Pokédex! You are a Pokédex Master! I’m glad to see that you’re still playing even after collecting all the stamps that prove how you completed your Pokédex!
Let me give you a new stamp to commemorate how you completed this Island Pokédex!
Let me give you my last and most special stamp!
I’ve got a gift for someone like you, who has taken their Pokédex to the limit! It’s a mysterious charm that will make you more likely to encounter Shiny Pokémon when held!
From the story text dump.
>>
>>29846408
Fugggg thank god tho that makes it so much easier than completing the national dex. Ill actually be bothered to complete the regional dex now
>>
>>29844156
You could catch absolutely every pokemon in Gen 3 too between RSE, FRLG, and the Colosseum games.
>>
>>29846507
That's the whole point. Besides the national dex is on pokebank.
>>
I'm guessing since they're rolling them in with bank like in 6? Are they even in game data?
My only issue is I can't read other Dex changes. Fatasses better be making good ones for rest.
>>
>>29845696
I'd rather it if they bumped Bank up to 120 boxes, and made 30-40 of them a stored on the DS thing that could be accessed from any game and from bank

Doubles the game capacity, eliminates the issue of internet access, and you'd still need to pay the $5 to transfer and I'd imagine it wouldn't cut into their profits all that much considering many people just used the free trial or only get it for the year for the sake of transferring
>>
>>29836560
Holy shit this has to be some intricate joke, or are you seriously this fucking dumb
>>
What a shit thread
>>
>>29837159
Oh, then why even though you are capable of getting non-Alolan Dex Pokemon legit NOW since they appear on the island via in-game mechanics, they still don't have Dex entries?

Please, I want to know. Because there's literally no excuse for this happening.
>>
>>29847855
>capable of getting non-Alolan Dex Pokemon legit NOW
There is only like 20 you can get though.
>>
File: 1450224863795.png (182KB, 209x322px) Image search: [Google]
1450224863795.png
182KB, 209x322px
Does patching in a Nat Dex not seem like an option at all or something?
>>
I just realized, why the fuck is it called the National Dex if it details Pokemon from other Nations, i.e International?
>>
>>29848045
It's definitely possible. It's not that the entries don't exist. The format for the National Dex is there but the entries for the Pokemon that don't appear in the game are left blank, because they aren't meant to be viewed. But that doesn't mean they can't be added. The spots are blank, after all.

There are also 109 blank slots for text lines following the lines the Rotom Dex gives you when you complete certain parts of the Alola Dex. After these blank slots are the lines it gives for when you meet any Pokemon that isn't in the Alola Dex as well as special lines for legendary and mythical Pokemon. The fact that there are a set amount of numbered blank lines in this particular spot certain suggests that the lines regarding the National Dex would go there. Once again, they're open and ready.
>>
>>29848045
They've literally never patched new content before, have they?
>>
>>29848155
Nope.

Closest thing I can think of is when they went in and activated the special release animations for the different Poke Balls in XY, but they didn't add those, they were already in the game and a bug prevented them from triggering.
>>
>>29848055
Probably the same reason they don't call each area a nation. Each location in Pokemon is called a region, as if they're all controlled by some huge, centralized government.
>>
So why dont you guys try to catch Whimsicott in XY and Pikachu in BWB2W2? Why are everyone fucking surprised with the games dont having all the 800 Pokémon? Are you kids who started to play in XY? I cant literally say anything for you guys besides fuck you.
>>
>>29848408
Anon, the problem is not that. The problem is that even when you catch it there's no Dex Entry for the Pokémon.
>>
>>29835958
bcuz this time they try to earn some shekel from chink
chinese version
>>
>>29842326
So if they're only available for transfer, how is it that i can catch shit like Emboar in the wild?
>>
>>29844875
Anon, 3.2 GB (Gigabyte) = 2,98 GiB (Gibibyte). There's no missing data.
>>
>>29835958
I'm done PAYING for it that's for sure.

>>29836638
It costs money. That's indefensible.

>B-but you can check them without paying!
After you paid to transfer them to it, and yearly afterwards so they won't just dump your data at some point.
>>
>>29849880
>i have to pay yearly so they don't dump my data, despite nothing being there
??????
>>
>>29849928
I imagine the pokedex will stay complete even with no pokemon in the bank. If you want to keep the pokedex data you have to pay for the bank even if you don't store any pokemon in it.
>>
>>29849928
You're going to leave them in bank, aren't you? I don't know if the dex entries stay unlocked once they're traded out, but I wouldn't trust these pokemon sitting in a game like SM that's completely missing a lot of their data.
>>
>>29849962
>f you want to keep the pokedex data you have to pay for the bank even if you don't store any pokemon in it.
Source?

>>29849968
>but I wouldn't trust these pokemon sitting in a game like SM that's completely missing a lot of their data.
What do you mean?
>>
>>29849980
The games lack all of their data besides the bare minimum to make then functional, as has been stated multiple times.
>>
>>29849980
Right now the bank deletes everything if you don't pay, unless they tell us, pokedex data should be wiped too.
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.