[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I did some math, and these are my results. No matter the timeline,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

File: PlayerCharactersGrouped.png (895KB, 1280x567px) Image search: [Google]
PlayerCharactersGrouped.png
895KB, 1280x567px
So I did some math, and these are my results. No matter the timeline, the time that passes between generations is the same right?

RGBY/RSE/FRLG/ORAS
Red, Leaf: 11
Green: Unknown, but most possibly 11 too
Brendan, May: 12 (confirmed in ORAS)
Wally: 10 (confirmed in ORAS)

GSC/HGSS/DPPt (3 years have passed)
Red, Leaf, Green: 14
Brendan, May: 15
Wally: 13
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Lyra: Unknown, 11-12 possibly
Dawn, Lucas, Barry: Same as above

BW (Unknown time has passed)
Red, Leaf, Green: More than 14
Brendan, May: More than 15
Wally: More than 13
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Lyra: More than 11-12
Hilbert, Hilda: 16 (confirmed)
Cheren, Bianca: 15-16
N: Estimated to be 20 years old (source: PASH! May 2013, Bulbapedia)

B2W2/XY: (2 years have passed)
Red, Leaf, Green: More than 16
Brendan, May: More than 17
Wally: More than 15
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Lyra: More than 13-14
Hilbert, Hilda: 18
Cheren, Bianca: 17-18
N: 22
Nate/Rosa: Unknown, but they look younger than Hilbert/Hilda. Possibly 14
Calem/Serena: Emma is 16, and she says that she looks up to Calem/Serena as an older sibling. So 16 or more

Sun/Moon (unknown time has passed)
Sun, Moon: 11. Hau and Lillie probably are 11 too
>>
>>29831425
Bump, this is interesting.
>>
We know that the total time passed between gen 1 and gen 7 is 10 years.
>>
>>29832531
Didn't know that at all lol. Where exactly is that reference in the game?

Things are quite weird then, that would make Wally a 20 year old and look like Red and Green but that isnt the case. So ORAS happens some time after Gen 1 in this universe then.
>>
>>29832628
Looker and Anabel crossed into the mega dimension 10 years ago, when all of the temporal shit was going on. You see Looker wash up on a beach with Amnesia in ORAS.

Wally is just a midget.
>>
>>29832686
Source or gtfo.
>>
With respect to Black2White2, there are two instances of NPCs referring to player character becoming an adult during the course of their journey. One in Aspertia where a NPC says "People go on journeys and become adults" and one in the postgame in a forest where a teacher asks something like "Are you a childlike adult or an adultlike child"?
of course without knowing what age is adulthood in Unova this is not super useful but since it's based on the US, where age of adulthood is 18, I always thought of the PC as being about 17.
>>
>>29832748
>"Nanu and I, we found her here ten years ago, unconscious on the shore of this very island."
Looker being another faller is just theory, but we know Anabel popped into the world 10 years ago and she recalls running the Battle Tower. At least 10 years have passed since Emerald.
>>
>>29831425
Ugh, no

First see >>29815547

Red, Green, Brendan and May are 11/12 during FRLG and ORAS. Wally is 10.

During HGSS and DPPt they are 14/15, Gen 2 protags are the same age as Red in FRLG, Gen 4 are about the same weight and height, so they should be about 11/12 too. Wally is 12/13.

Red, Green, Brendan and May are 25 in BW. Ethan, Lyra, Lucas and Barry are 22, Wally 23.
Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca were originaly planned to are 16 but according to Famitsu they are 14, so N at least 15.

In BW2 and XY Red, Green, Brendan and May are 27/28, Ethan, Lyra, Lucas and Barry are 24/25, Wally 25/26, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca 16/17. N at least 17/18.
Nate and Rosa are 14/15 (like their "senpais" in BW), so Hugh at least 15/16.
Calem and Serena at least 16/17 (because Emma is 16 in the XY postgame).

In SM Red, Green, Brendan and May are 31, Ethan, Lyra, Lucas and Barry are 28, Wally 29, Hilbert, Hilda, Cheren and Bianca 20. N at least 21.
Nate and Rosa are 18, Hugh at least 19.
Calem and Serena at least 20 (Emma 19).
Elio and Hau are 11.

>b-but Wally in SM!
Wally and Cynthia don't even have new designs, unlike Colress, Red, Dexio, etc. They are not canon, like PWT leaders and champions, just fanservice.
>>
>>29833094
This also means that Red, Blue, May and Brendan are all at least in their 20s

People who were memeing that Red and Blue were in their 30s are full of shit.
>>
>>29833180
>Red, Blue Branden and May are 25 in BW
Proof? We only know sometime has passed.

Due to the Rocket member's son I would low ball BW happening at the least 7 years after HGSS/DPPt.
>>
File: pkmntimeline.png (4MB, 1900x3150px) Image search: [Google]
pkmntimeline.png
4MB, 1900x3150px
>>29833180
>Calem and Serena at least 16/17 (because Emma is 16 in the XY postgame).

Callem and Serena are way older than that, Emma is 16 and she talks to them like one would speak to adults. She even says her Espurr isn't used to adults.

>>29833303

That part is just speculation, Matsumiyan said it's up to us to figure the time lapse between the gens without confirmed lapse.

That said, I find it hard to believe they are that old in Sun & Moon.
>>
File: pkmntimeline2.png (2MB, 1720x3100px) Image search: [Google]
pkmntimeline2.png
2MB, 1720x3100px
>>29833390
>>
>>29833390
>>29833414
Not sure if you're the one that wrote that, but you have to remember Zinnia's comment retconned XY to being part of a new universe, so it isn't just part of both games.

Zinnia: "My people know it. From generation to generation, we pass along the lore about the distortions in the world borne by the Mega Evolution mechanism. And about the existence of another world, which we have long observed to be just like this one and yet not the same... That's right. A Hoenn region that's almost exactly like this one we live in. Filled with Pokémon and people like us. A world where maybe the evolution of Pokémon took a slightly different path, where Mega Evolution is unknown... A world where that war 3,000 years ago...never happened. A world where the ultimate weapon was never even built. And in that Hoenn of that world... What would happen if one day, out of the blue, a meteoroid appeared? What would happen to the people of that world, without the technology to destroy the meteoroid or the power to warp it away? ... Looks like it's beyond the power of your imagination."

She points out that the weapon never got made in gen 3-5, which contradicts comments in XY that make it clear it took place in that universe. XY are and aren't part of the other games before due to retconning.
>>
>>29833560

I did that chart, I was hoping people would give input. I will see how I fit that comment.

The tricky part here is that XY without ORAS seems to have been written to the part of remake timeline. ORAS had a different writter, Masafumi Nukita, and he did scenerio and dialogue without the input of Matsumiya (in fact he isn't mentioned in the credits).

Matsumiya has been the scenario writter for almost every game and his commentary has more weight than Nukita who has only been in charge of one game. If Matsumiya says XY happens at the same time as BW2 I trust him more. Sugimori also released a timeline on twitter years ago and it looks like Matsumiya's timeline (lost the tweet).
>>
>>29833303
>First see >>29815547

All the timeline fits. Gen 3 and 4 main games are confirmed to be placed next his remake (Gen 3 and 1, gen 4 and 2), all other games match the output of them. RGBY at 1996, GSC three years later (confirmed ingame), BW about a decade after GSC (possible because Rocket member son), two years later BW2 (confirmed ingame), XY shortly after, during 2013 (confirmed to be close to BW2).
SM will be put on sale 3 years after XY, so Dexio and Sina talking about how XY already happened in the past makes sense too.

>>29833414
>Anabel crossed into megauniverse theory again
No
just

no
SM Anabel is mega universe native, the Battle Frontier was builded in that universe too, even if isn't in ORAS.
She disapear in Hoenn and appear in Alola, like Looker went from SS Anne close to Kanto to the Battle Resort in Hoenn... carrying a MEGASTONE, which proves he was already megauniverse native.
Same about Mohn. Fallers go from Universe A to Universe B in the same main universe (mega one). OR Looker is AS universe native, AS Looker is OR universe native, Sun Mohn is Moon universe native, Moon Mohn is Sun universe native.
>>
>>29833180
That's a bit of a stretch. Even if you take real time into account, the more obvious assumption is that BW takes place four years after gen 4, rather than 10 years after GS. That theory is also quick to write off past cameos as fanservice, but takes the 96 on Red's shirt as evidence that Red and Blue took place in 1996.
>>
>>29833805

Wasn't Anabel called a Faller? I can erase Anabel from the timeline if it's too speculative.
>>
>>29833752
>If Matsumiya says XY happens at the same time as BW2 I trust him more.
The main problem now is that SM is running with what ORAS setup, over just ignoring it, so it seems like the retcon is canon now.

Honestly this could have been solved two different ways when they made ORAS. Make it a sequel to Emerald that takes place after XY to explain why megas are in other regions, or remove the easier route of removing the lines about the war and megas never happening in the other universe.

ORAS could still be justified as its own universe, but without putting XY in an odd place that its in, from there they could just simply ignore ORAS, and have remakes just happen in that world.

>Sugimori also released a timeline on twitter years ago and it looks like Matsumiya's timeline (lost the tweet).
It would seem even without using the dialog in game that the original idea was for XY to be part of the other games, but its not anymore.
>>
>>29833838
I'm going to agree with that, Red's shirt is honestly just a reference to the original game's release, I feel like people are looking to deeply into something that's just a nod.
>>
>>29833805
>SM Anabel is mega universe native, the Battle Frontier was builded in that universe too
We never see the Battle Frontier built, and its weird that no one can ID who Anabel is if she was a Battle Brain over in Hoenn.
>>
There's no reason to believe that oras took place at the same time as rse

Besides, on the delta episode they always referred to alt-hoenn in past tense
>>
>>29833891

Until someone tweets Matsumiyan to ask for the timeline again, I'm reclutant to remove XY has a game that happened in both timelines.
>>
>>29833752
>If Matsumiya says XY happens at the same time as BW2 I trust him more.
XY happens at the same time as the mega version of BW2. In the RSE universe only BW2 happen, in ORAS universe a new version of BW2 (in a world where megaevolution is a thing) happen at the same time as XY.
The game that we know as Pokemon Black/White 2 never happens at the same time as XY, but a different version. You know, DPPt never happen in the megauniverse, but a new version of that story (a DP remake).
Establish "BW2 = XY" is right and wrong at the same time.

>>29833838
>>29833932
>4 years
Literally impossible, guys. See >>29833303 again. In HGSS we meet the unovan Rocket grunt, he's single and young, but in BW he's married and have a 7/8 years old kid. There's a BIG timeskip between HGSS/DPPt and BW, so a decade isn't a stretch.

>>29833847
Yeah, she's a faller... like Looker, Mohn and the MC. They went from Megauniverse #1 to Megauniverse #2 (from Sun universe to Moon universe in this case).
>>
>>29834022
>We never see the Battle Frontier built
So...?

>no one can ID who Anabel is if she was a Battle Brain over in Hoenn.
No one says that Anabel was not recognized in the Battle Frontier.

>"She had lost most of her memories, but four things she could tell us. That her name was Anabel... That she came from the Hoenn region... That she had protected some tower there... And that she was a powerful Trainer..."
>>
File: pkmntimeline.png (4MB, 1900x3150px) Image search: [Google]
pkmntimeline.png
4MB, 1900x3150px
>>29834196
>Establish "BW2 = XY" is right and wrong at the same time.

That's exactly why it has two color frame. I'm trying to put as little text as possible.
>>
File: dat.png (70KB, 131x193px) Image search: [Google]
dat.png
70KB, 131x193px
>>
File: pkmntimeline2.png (3MB, 1720x3100px) Image search: [Google]
pkmntimeline2.png
3MB, 1720x3100px
>>29834607
>>
File: 1472085796419.jpg (19KB, 348x409px) Image search: [Google]
1472085796419.jpg
19KB, 348x409px
>>29833752
>>29834607
>>29834627

>Masafumi Nukita ruined Pokémon
>Nukita ruined what Toshinobu Matsumiya carefully crafted during two decades
>we are stuck figuring bullshit timeline because of him

Never leave the newbies alone, ever again
>>
Pokemon like Zelda has no cohesive story, people are putting too much thought into those theories and timelines.
>>
>>29834792

Except it always had, remake games and gens up to 6 before ORAS spelled it out for you in several occassions. Blame that retard who wrote ORAS.
>>
File: Línea cronológica mini.png (125KB, 1024x521px) Image search: [Google]
Línea cronológica mini.png
125KB, 1024x521px
>>29834607
>That's exactly why it has two color frame.
No, you don't get it.

Whatever, there's my timeline (yeah, It's in spanish because I'm spanish. Sorry for that)
>>
Lillie calls Gladion "Gladion niichan" in the Japanese text so Gladion is older than the main character.
>>
>>29834909
oh, yeah

primer = first
segundo = second
tercero = third
cuarto = fourth
quinto = fifth
periodo = period/time
generación = generation
Realidad Clásica = Classic Reality
Realidad Moderna = Modern Reality
Realidad Azoth = Azoth Reality
>>
>>29834928
Older brother is "onii", "nii" is just "brother".
>>
>>29834989

-niichan suffix means big brother
>>
>>29834989
http://jisho.org/search/niichan
Learn Japanse.
>>
>>29834291
If Anabel was found in a universe where there was already a Frontier Brain named Anabel, she would have been recognized. Do you think Interpol would accept having an amnesiac double of a very famous trainer just walking around, not even using a codename? No way; she gets away with it because she has no cover to blow.

Megaverse-native Anabel isn't a Frontier Brain, if there's a native version of Anabel at all.
>>
File: 1471641261021.png (13KB, 104x215px) Image search: [Google]
1471641261021.png
13KB, 104x215px
Do we know Sun and Chicken's official names yet?
>>
>>29835101
>If Anabel was found in a universe where there was already a Frontier Brain named Anabel, she would have been recognized.
But we don't know if she was recognized.

>Megaverse-native Anabel isn't a Frontier Brain
>source: your ass
>>
>>29835130

Stick with Sun/Moon and Elio/Selene from the demo and trailers because they don't have NPC appereances.

Incoming Bulbapedia editing wars.
>>
>>29831425
I thought cheren and bianca were 1 or 2 years older than hilda?
>>
Anyone has a link the to Famitsu interview where Hilbert is stated to be 14 and N stated to be 20?

The Japanese Pokemon wiki has those ages but they didn't link the interview.
>>
>>29831425
This is mostly right but I think ORAS is some different spot in the timeline now due to SM Red and Blue having aged a lot, but Wally looks only a little older
>>
>>29835700
I think N is just "slightly older than the protags" and never was stated as 20
>>
>>29835947
No
>>
>>29832830
Actually Oak says something similar to you in the hall of fame in RBY, which led to a funny playground rumour when I was a kid that the game actually took place over a very long span of time and by the time you beat the League, Red was a grown up. I don't think they literally mean you're an adult, more like your pokemon journey changes you and you're no longer the same child you were before you started.
>>
>>29836059

iirc Keiko Moritsugu notes said he was 180 cm tall and was 21 years old.
>>
>>29836080
Ok? Got any proof?
>>
>>29836373
In BW or BW2?

Also source?
>>
>>29837107

BW, look up the concept art and conference
>>
>>29838001
You aren't helping, anon
>>
>>29838272

Ghetsis concept art states the height of both Ghetsis and N aa being 200 and 180 respectively.. N's age I'm sure was stated during BW conference (that one N was shown as a wild animal). The Chinese pokemon wiki states his age but didn't source it but I'm sure it was from there or from the Making of Pokemon Black & White expo.

Keiko Moritsugu designed every Team Plasma character, asking her in Twitter is an option I guess.
>>
>>29834196
He could have just married a single mom.
>>
>>29838657
No, he told you how came back to home, fell in love, married, and had a son. Stop deny a fact, BW happens several years after HGSS, without a doubt more than 10 years after RBY.
>>
>>29835700
Apparently Hilbert is 16 accordig to https://mobile.twitter.com/matsumiyan/status/387216363829198848/
>>
>>29840333

The tweet says they were originally envisioned as 16 years old, but the BW interviews says they are 14 in the games.

Pretty much every Japanese pokemon site including the Pixiv wiki says they are 14.

I'm still trying to find that interview because it was in Japanese.
>>
For god sake just use the fluid timeline/universe theory like /co/ always do, geez.
No one will be ever happy about this
>>
>An article in the May 2013 edition of PASH! estimated that N is about 20 years old.

Dear fucking god why I can't find these stupid scans and translations anymore they were EVERYWHERE in 2010.
>>
>>29839274

Cram school kids are of elementary school age, if that helps.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.