[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've heard that there's no Super Training in Sun/Moon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: 1475504864430.jpg (38KB, 428x402px) Image search: [Google]
1475504864430.jpg
38KB, 428x402px
I've heard that there's no Super Training in Sun/Moon. Is there a way to manually train your EVs similar to Super Training?
>>
drinks bought with mobile game daily log in microtransaction style currency without any microtransactions
>>
>>29830467
Edit the stats in PKhex.
>>
I don't miss super training so much as hordes

honestly I think I'm just going to pkhex all my competitive mons this gen, I can't be assed to do this shit anymore
>>
>>29830467
Festival Plaza and Pokepelego both offer ways to train Pokémon.
>>
snail best girl
>>
>>29833112
That's a funny way of spelling snek
>>
>>29832065
>Pokepelego
This is shit. You get like 1 EV every 30 minutes.
>>
Super Training fucking sucked, why do people care about it
>>
>>29830467
Why is that girl so scary?
>>
>>29833737
No, it didn't. It was literally the best way to train specific EV spreads.
>>
>>29833707
Is that only while the game is turned on?
>>
>>29831939
Jesus Christ, they took out Hordes? Fuck this shit.

I thought you could train EVs through bottlecaps or whatever thing they introduced in this gen at least.
>>
>>29833839
Hordes were better but they removed those, too. You could get like 50 EVs in one surf.
>>
>>29833889
>specific
fuck, this place gets more retarded every single day
>>
File: baby warmer.jpg (34KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
baby warmer.jpg
34KB, 480x480px
>>29833737
this is bait but I still hate you for even typing out those words
>>
>>29833737
because it allowed people to ev train easy the moment they got caught something they wanted to use. the horde/braces etc are all faster but they are ALWAYS post game unlocks that require grinding for. super training let you basically EV train your starter/mons you wanted to use during the story soon as you got them,

this replacement system is designed by idiots who think the shit mobile games are what people 'want'

the pelago's only benefit is it let you train multiple mons at once, and as a way to ev train while your asleep, but it's stopgap at best.

if the drinks are multiple use then yes that's easily better because just buying multiple drinks instead of play a tedious mini game is less time consuming, but it it's a 'daily' drink what the fuck is even the point unless it instantly maxed the EV.
>>
>>29833876
they replaced it with chaining, which si similar in terms of the ability farming but screwed over the EV training aspect.

and the bottlecaps are complete crap, all they do is dope the Pokemon IV to be 'effectively' 31, but doesn't change the HP value or breed down the better IV. their only use is in maxing IV's of unbreedable legends
>>
>>29833940
>EV training during the story
no reason to do this though
>>
How early is this Pokepelago shit?

Looks like I'm just going to Powersaves/Pokehex mine.

Is there a faster way?
>>
>>29833940
This

Gamefreak are retards

They could have toned down the meme games that came with Super Training like they did with Refresh

What's the point of seeing EVs in-game when we're back to the old pencil and paper method since they've also removed Hordes?
>>
>>29833999
maybe because I WANT to. not everyone wants to just fucking power through the fucking story so they can sit in the boring fuck all outside competitive online.or RNG cheat grindathon towers. grind the stupid braces and fly a round battling a bunch of boring set pokemon. maybe I LIKE the idea of having my starter and initial pokemon the best they can be AS im playing.

no fuck that let's just make them sit in boxes for entire days liek it's a stupid mobile game without any alternative option.

I know I don't need to EV train to beat the piss easy story, but I like doing that more than the stupid 'ok grab whatever fuck enjoying the journey because you'll just discard these pokes the second you hit postgame' style.
>>
>>29834074
>when we're back to the old pencil and paper method since they've also removed Hordes?
What?
>>
>>29834074
it's clearly a combination of GF's usual refusal to retain features because they think every new gen has to throw out the book, and them being so outright retarded they both think mobile games are their 'main' threat, and that the timesink shit mobile games do are features people prefer rather than tolerate.

the pelagic as it is isn't even terrible it'd be a great way to work on things you intend to use later or guys you don't want to use yet but clearly have really good stats but it's terrible for your main team unless you stop playing the game.

the drinks just seem retarded period unless there's a version of the drink that's not time sink
>>
>>29834183
Super training capped out at 252 so you couldn't 'waste' EV points accidentally, thus any mon your doing simple 252/252 spreads on you didn't need to think just train the one stat till maxed, switch , repeat. you only needed to do simple math of 'I need to do this rank x times' for more complex spreads also.

without super training and pelago being just a waiting simulator you have to old math grind until you have all the bracers, which are of course a post game unlock.
>>
>>29830467
And then people wonder why people inject.
>>
>>29834372
indeed this is some of the most retarded logic ever

'we don't like people injecting to instantly max mons, because our game only allows min max to succeed.'
'I know let's make everything MORE tedious and continue to make lock the convenience behind post game while we simultaneously drag the story out and further remove interesting postgame, this will surely convince people to not use the easier less tedious method.'

I honestly truly wish they'd just 'drop' EV and IV entirely, keep natures and make hidden power a Tm that RNG picks or add a guy who can massage your poke so it's specific version instead. and stop dragging out the time to acquiring your starter from save point, people are going to soft reset for their ideal version accept it and deal.
>>
>>29833999
So you don't have to go through resetting EVs?? god
>>
>>29834330
I still don't get it? There's no difference in EVs gained between a horde and an Ally Battle except you have to attack five times instead of one.
>>
>>29834592
he means you don't need to reset/train EV's during the story beacuse it's piss easy like always.

GF expect you to 'ignore' EV training, rush the story, then the second you beat it stop, reset all your teams Ev's, shove them in pelago or box them forever, then wait until they gain 1 EP per 15/30 minute RL time, then start gridiron the usual tower for the bracers.
>>
>>29834654
horde it was about the speed, you could teach the mon an aoe attack and just have it one shot everything in one turn wearing the bracer for the same stat, it's massive EV for 1 turn of effort. chaining on paper works identical but you have to 'wait' until an add is called over and over and over.
>>
I feel like the "set it and forget it" of pokepelago would have been good if it came in addition to an actually reliable way to EV train.
I'd use it for quirky gimmick sets with little to no actual competitive value, but that I still wanted to use in fuck-around matches.
>>
>>29834799
this, it's probably more irritating because it's the perfect companion to super training or a similar direct training method. the ability to EV train good things you caught but don't want to use during the story so their ready to go the second you hit post game would be HUGE convenience. and just general working on things you want to train but aren't priority in the background is so convenient.

but because Gf somehow confused the timesinks of moble games as d'esired' features we get a direct option removed and only 2 time gates.

I still don't get why the juice thing is even there, it does the same low amounts as a single super training session, but is daily only? that doesn't benefit anyone. the ability to instantly max one EV a day instantly, ok that I can see but come on.
>>
>>29833745
Do not bully the pure snail
>>
>>29831900
kek
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.