[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bulbapedeia once again refusing to acknowledge we already know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

Bulbapedeia once again refusing to acknowledge we already know these cause muh spoilers
>>
>>29826844
Serebii is doing the same, and they are doing the correct thing.
>>
Probably because it's not official yet?
On the 18th is when they'll update them
>>
>>29826844
DAE PULBAPEDO?
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE
>>
>>29826844
They want to stay on Nintendo's good side, and this is one way to do it.

Doing otherwise would be a middle finger to Gamefreak, which could leave them in a rough spot
>>
Considering the takedowns of the videos on Youtube, they and Serebii probably made the right choice.
>>
Official sites will avoid reporting on this until release day (or if its officially revealed sooner)

I expect they are using this time to draft-up articles and create a new updated Pokedex in the meantime using the leaks as a foundation.
>>
>>29826844
'A tower with arms'?? Am I the only one who can see it is obviously based on bamboo??? Could have had a real interesting typing.
>>
>>29826844
>look at me shitting on bulbapedia!
>do i fit in yet!

serebii is doing the same thing you dolt
>>
>>29827379
it's as much as a bamboo as Toxapex is Poison/Steel, Araquanid is Electric/Poison, Nihilego is Normal/Ghost or Dhelmise isn't a Grass type
>>
>>29826844
Do you know how wikis work?
>>
>>29826844
Sites cannot post stuff datamined from the games without getting into potential legal trouble. No one cares about forums or whatever, but big name sites like Serebii can and have gotten copyright takedowns and threads over it in the past, so they stopped.

https://twitter.com/serebiinet/status/788265840978325504
>>
>>29827933
threats*
>>
>>29826844
>post UB real names and stats
>get a C&D from Nintendo

On the 18th all of the datamine info will mysteriously appear on serebii/pedopedia
>>
>>29827703
Except it's based on princess Kaguya that, surprise, was found inside a bamboo's stem.
>>
>>29826844
Because the last time someone reported official leaks, they got a C&D. Serebii got hit with this hard in Gen 5, where he dumped all the pokemon sprites on his site and GF (or was it TPCi? irc) forced him to hid them for about a month or he would lose his site.
>>
>>29827703
The game literally says it's plantlike and absorbs nutrients from soil.
>>
>>29827379
It's based on Izanami, a japanese goddess.
But western fans know jack shit about their own saints and religion, let alone foreign ones.
>>
>>29826867
>be news site
>actively refuse to deliver news
I hope your newspaper goes out of business you corporate whore
>>
>>29826947
They don't depend on GameFreak liking them. The site isn't run, sponsored, funded or owned by GameFreak.
>>
>>29827933
they can post datamined stuff with 0 legal issues because theres nothing illegal bout it
other issues like reputation/relations are ruined though

but dont be a retard and join the legality meme train because its legal
>>
Anyone know where a guy can find all the info from the videos? I want to see all the stats and typings again, and my friend never even saw the videos, but I'm having a really hard time finding any kind of collection. Found the ultra beasts, but anyone have the full dex?
>>
>>29832068
https://paste. ee/r/zYMUr
>>
>>29827379
To be fair it took me a bit to realize its arms were cut bamboo and not marble columns.
>>
>>29826884
Hey, Liam! Haven't seen you in a while.
>>
>>29831074
>game gets leaked 10 days before official release
>report on it
>get sued and have your website taken down
wow totally worth being first to report on a children's videogame for that, huh?
>>
>>29831074
Nintendo are actively taking down things, as seen with Kaphotic's video.

Joe got hit by a cease and desist for doing the same thing in BW so of course he won't now
>>
>>29831074
How is playing a game illegally a week before it releases and forcing out all the info in any way the same as official news?
>>
>>29826844
>not posting the names at least
God, I know they have to be subtle about the leaks but they didn't have to go full retard.
>>
>>29831440
>Serebii got a C&D for datamining BW
>Kaphotics has had his datamining videos taken down from Youtube
>"hurrdurr they're not doing illegal things if they report data resulting from theft/pirating!!"
>>
>>29831440
there's nothing illegal about it, but companies can choose to C&D content at will if it's copyrighted
>>
>>29832458
especially before launch as seen with this and Serebii in 2010
>>
>>29826844
It's because leaking is wronghearted, you idiot.

This isn't like Kotaku being slow on press releases, this is a literal breach of NDA because some guy broke the street date.
>>
File: shut the fuck up.png (493KB, 1280x764px) Image search: [Google]
shut the fuck up.png
493KB, 1280x764px
>>29831074
Wow, it's almost as if it's ILLEGAL to do it when it's obtained from ILLEGAL means and could get them sued and their sites taken down or something! But that can't be true, since Joe and Pomf are clearly being stubborn about the leaks because they're salty that they didn't get them first and are total denialfags, and not because Serebii and Bulbagarden would get taken down and they'd eat a lawsuit or anything.
I wonder why people who are given review copies don't openly talk about the game until a certain date has passed, too. It couldn't be because of a contract and breaking it with revealing confidential information distributed under your name is ILLEGAL, right? I bet anyone working with any corporation and not willing to leak information that could easily be traced back to them is just a stubborn moralfag, too! Satoshi Tajiri is a faggot for not letting us see everything as soon as the games are announced, too!
>>
File: Hypno user.png (64KB, 164x165px) Image search: [Google]
Hypno user.png
64KB, 164x165px
>>29826955

Some takedowns those were. All the plot videos, music, and tons of other datamine videos are still up. Even the demo data was still up on the very channel with takedowns the last time I checked.

This stinks of someone, probably Serebii and Bulbapedo, reporting a few of Kaphotics' videos out of spite rather than any actual action on Nintendo's part.
>>
File: cease.png (82KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
cease.png
82KB, 320x353px
>>29832822
(You)
>>
>>29832822
The videos were made private and it has nothing to do with Joe or Pomf bullying him or a C&D, else the video players would say that the videos were taken down from a copyright claim or removed by the user. Some videos unrelated to Kaphotics were just taken down because they were afraid of potential copyright strikes. He still has everything up on his Twitter and so does SciresM, who compiled everything better than he did. But keep that tinfoil hat on real tight, pal, since I might just be Joe or Pomf deflecting my salt with excuses, or I might even be Kaphotics and be held at gunpoint by the two fiends!
>>
>>29833286
Two of the videos were taken down. They have the note. The rest went down because he made them private due to the strikes.
>>
>illegal
No, it's a violation of contract at best
And now they're refusing to acknowledge widespread information because they're too busy sucking gamefreak's dick hoping for some sort of special treatment that isn't coming
>>
File: 1468341030469.gif (2MB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
1468341030469.gif
2MB, 500x364px
>>29826844
>>29831074
>>
>>29826844
>>29826867
>>29828189
>>29829535
Simple answer : THE ORIGINAL ARTIST BRIBED MONEY TO NOT PUT OFFICIAL INFO.
>>
>>29832752
> Knowing things is illegal

America is fucked
>>
>>29833703
Knowing things sold illegally by breaking store date despite a business license and contract with distributors, bought illegally from said store, and distributed illegally via piracy is illegal in the civilized world, America aside. Do you not remember when the store and seller from the X/Y leak got threatened with legal action? I don't see how any of this is fucked if you aren't from China and make a living off of selling Pokemon GO ripoffs.
>>
>>29833479
>violation of contract
Breaking a contract is not illegal but when it's legally binding, then the party who didn't break the agreement can face legal trouble. And since everyone who paid any attention during the X/Y pre-release remembers what happened during the leak, they will at the very least personally threaten to take legal action against the offenders, both the storeowner and the customer. And they would remember what happened when Joe tried to host the entire B/W Pokedex when it got leaked, too.
It is illegal and he'd be an idiot for willingly distributing everything on his site before the official release.
>>
>>29834324
*party who did break the agreement
>>
>>29831100
I think last time Serebii put leaked info on his site (after the Gen V leak IIRC), Nintendo gave him a cease and desist.
>>
File: 1461790886248.jpg (7KB, 234x249px) Image search: [Google]
1461790886248.jpg
7KB, 234x249px
>>29826844
>>29826867
>>29826871
This is really bizarre and stupid.
I get it that they don't want to get on Nintendo's bad side, but pretending that nothing happened is ridiculous.

I hope some webmaster had the balls to actually find a way around Nintendo's TOS and post some info without getting in legal trouble.
>>
>>29829661
It's based on Kaguya-hime dipshit.
>>
What can Nintendo even legally do? Is freedom of the press not a thing?

I doubt it's a blacklisting thing either, there's no way they give those websites special treatment
>>
>>29832227
>>29832752
It's not illegal to play the game early if you got a cart, it's illegal to sell early but not illegal to buy and play early.

Lie and say someone in Eurocuckia sent you a cart or something
>>
>>29834020
Then America is fucked.
The first person that distributes the info is doing something illegal, since they are probably breaking a contract or just downright stealing something.
Piers discussing the information is something completely different.
>>
>>29834735
They almost shut down Serebii, Pokebeach and a few others in 2010 for posting BW leaks.
>>
>>29833703
Are you stupid, kid?
>>
>>29833703
Dont worry, our new president will change that
>>
>>29834780
>Possession of stolen goods is a crime in which an individual has bought, been given, or acquired stolen goods some other way (other than they themselves having stolen them).
>>
>>29826955
Yet supposed "journalism" sites have all the datamined info and are not getting hit at all.
>>
>>29835099
As long as Serebii doesn't post images then he isn't doing anything illegal, and even that is ambiguous.
>>
>>29835124
Exactly, when you have "news" sites like Polygon putting this shit up and not being made to take it down then you might as well put it up on your shitty pokewiki.
>>
waiting for smogon to get shut down any day
>>
>>29834661
This.
Especially since they're not even the ones to break the news in the first place.
It's already out there.

Not a single Youtuber has been hit with a copyright claim.
4chan hasn't gotten a C&D. Neither has Reddit, Tumblr, Facebook... fuck, Smogon has an entire board dedicated to datamining this shit, and they're a site dedicated to a goddamn battle emulator.

The information is already available. All Pedo and Joe are doing is shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
Reporting News like information being leaked about a game isn't illegal. It isn't the News fault or problem how it got leaked, they have every right to report on it.
>>
>>29834735
>Freedom of the Press/Freedom of Speech
These terms get tossed around a lot. They refer to the legal right of an agency, individual, or news outlet to report information without fear of repercussion from the government for doing so.

Did you catch it?
>from the government
>for doing so

You are still absolutely subject to legal action brought against you by other parties, and you are still accountable for any actual wrongdoing involved in the process. You can't commit murder, then run an article describing the crime in intricate detail, and then expect to get off because "freedom of press."

In this case, the sprites and game data are the intellectual property of Game Freak, TPCi, and Nintendo. On November 18th, individuals will be able to purchase games that make use of those assets, giving them access to the sprites and game data.

Before that point, however, possession of those assets is legally impossible outside of special contracts negotiated by Game Freak/TPCi/Nintendo. All of those contracts stipulate what can and cannot be discussed and posted online, as well as clarifying the end date for such prohibitions.

In the interim, anyone posting material that has not be authorized for public consumption by the owners must necessarily either be in violation of contract OR have illegally accessed the game data.

As >>29835099 points out, possession of stolen goods is a crime. Moreover, since digital copies of video games are becoming more common, and they are still considered salable goods despite consisting of nothing but information that a game system uses to render models and respond to inputs, information itself can be "stolen goods."
>>
>>29835316
So what's the difference between Kotaku/Polygon reporting on datamines and Serebii/Bulbapedia reporting on it?
>>
>>29835388
There isn't any, the webmasters are just moral fags
>>
>>29827933
Yeah, when THEY'RE the ones doing the leaking.
Serebii got into shit in Gen V because he and his admins were pirating the game and posting their findings.

This time around, it's information that's already available elsewhere. You don't see any of the news sites like Polygon or Kotaku getting into legal trouble, do you?
>>
>>29835244
but smogon can b8 (You)
>>
>>29829535
>posts game assets he extracted from a pirated game
>gets a C&D
Gee, I wonder why?
>>
>>29832518
>this is a literal breach of NDA because some guy broke the street date.
>stands for non-disclosure agreement
If you don't AGREE to an agreement, how can you be in breach of it?
Serebii was not offered a review copy and told "this is under the condition that you don't reveal anything until launch day, now please sign here", this is information that someone else discovered.
>>
>>29835388
No difference at all.
>>
>>29835506
>Hack the Gamefreak database to get the starters evolutions 4 months ago
>still not C&D yet
Thanks!
>>
>>29835313
Serebii wasn't the first to post the stuff in Black & White but he still got hit.
>>
>>29836441
He was still datamining BW and posting the results, though.

There's a big difference between "doing it yourself" and "reporting on what other people have done".
>>
>>29835313
>Not a single Youtuber has been hit with a copyright claim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wns5m7yA2CM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvkFsQfnYZk
>>
Watch them be dicks and use the datamine info once the games are released and not credit SciresM and the people behind them.
>>
>>29836582
That's a Kaphotics video, right?
>>
>>29836673
Both of them, yes. A couple of other videos like one of petting the UBs in Refresh were taken down, though that one's specifically by the user instead of being forced down. I'm sure a few others will end up removed.
>>
>>29836604
>SciresM
>not Lurantis for uploading the game in the first place so that nerd can get his filthy mitts on it
>or the shopowner for selling Lurantis the game
>or the programmers who coded in the stuff to be datamined
Fuck off, Michael.
>>
>>29836604
https://twitter.com/SciresM/status/795884199291064320
>Many thanks to our (anonymous) data source for Sun/Moon. Datamined info, incoming.
Eat my ass, Richard.
>>
>>29832345
>being this much of an idiot
>>29832458
you can get around C&D by hosting in a non shit location, or by altering names slightly
but that wasnt the conversation
>>
>>29836815
that nigga didnt buy the game from a shop owner he fucking pirated carts from the store he worked at
lurantis shouldnt get credit for being a cuck, mich is a faggot and doesnt deserve credit since anyone could datamine
coders did a decent job and i dont know how to blame them since they didnt design the game
>>29836972
>not relevant to the post at all
nice also he isnt anonymous he has a name and a trip
>>
>>29836604
how would you even know? it's not like there's a watermark on them and they're from the games files. meaning anyone can get access to them.

and where do you stop with your logic. did sciresm credit the person they got the game from? did the person they got the game from credit the place that leaked them it? you're being retarded. too many people want credit for pointless shit these days. it's like being on tumblr with art.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.