[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that Primarina got the shaft when it comes to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Seasinger.jpg (63KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Seasinger.jpg
63KB, 400x400px
Can we all agree that Primarina got the shaft when it comes to HAs compared to the other two?
Liquid Voice Hyper Voice is only a slighty better Surf if anything. Its only worth using in Double battles as it doesn't hit your ally. Why couldn't been a Water equivalent of Pixilate?
>>
I think everyone agrees on that. I can only imagine it's because GF thought it would be overpowered somehow. Either that or they just didn't want Primarina to be that good, which wouldn't surprise me given many of their other decisions. Either way it's one of the worst abilities out there and it seems like a really shitty thing to have done.

Best case scenario is probably that they change it in the next game.
>>
>>29823832

has it been confirmed to not boost like Aeri/Pixilate?
>>
>>29823919
Yes. Confirmed and tested. Liquid Voice Hyper Voice does the same damage as Surf.

I've even heard some say that, because it converts the move to water, it actually loses the property that goes through substitutes. Haven't tested it though.
>>
>>29823958
>loses the property that goes through substitutes

That kind of defeats the purpose of Sound-based moves.
>>
>>29823958
Does it change the opponents sound moves?
>>
>>29823832
I'd say that's about as relevant as decidueyes ability which is hilariously irrelevant.
>>
>>29824070
That one is extra shitty. Can't even be tested in triple battles because they don't exist in tis game
>>
>>29823832
it's getting Boomburst as a tutor move in the future
>>
>>29824070
Nah Long Reach is definitely better, it's just that Decidueye doesn't really get much good in the way of moves that even make contact. The ONLY use I can see Liquid Voice ever having as far as moves go would be with Boomburst.

They really just needed better moves all-together. Decidueye needs something that can boost it's speed or at least some priority, and Primarina needs something to give it a niche to fill. I wish it'd have gotten Serene Grace.

>>29824201
I'd like to think so but I doubt it. They probably shat out a half-assed Pixilate because they thought it was too good or something, so giving it something to make the ability useful would probably go against their design.
>>
>>29824243
>Long Reach is definitely better
There's an item that does the same thing as long reach.
>>
>>29824291
so the ability basically lets it hold 2 items. Lots of abilities are like that.
>>
>>29824291
Yeah, iron barbs is totally a shit ability since Rocky helmet exists, right?
>>
The only one that got a nice ability was Incineroar, but it's the only reason it isn't entirely a worse Emboar. It's really nice for doubles but I don't play doubles anyways.
>>
>>29824357
Dealing free damage is never a bad ability and they stack. Terrible example
>>
>>29824514
Overcoat?
>>
>>29824514
>>29824291
Don't know how Long Reach is bad though. It can run a damage boosting item while ignoring abilities that punish contact users. Shadow Clawing a Ferrothron repeatedly sounds appealing. Is it confirmed to also bypass King's Shield?
>>
>>29825064
>Shadow Clawing
>Ferrothorn
>repeatedly
>with that offense
>against Ferrothorn's bulk
>>
>>29825335
>Trap Ferrothorn
>Can't get Leeched
>Kill it
Also Chansey considering its immune to Seismic Toss
>>
>>29825064
Doesn't seem to bypass but it doesn't get affected by it

Not that Decydueye should stay in front of a Aegislash.
>>
>>29825372
>decidueye
>killing Ferrothorn
itll die in 3 turns to gyro ball before deciueye can kill it
>>
>>29823958
Are -iate abilities still giving a 1.33 Boost on top of the STAB after the type conversion? I haven't seen anyone mention them
>>
File: 1476159526676.png (430KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1476159526676.png
430KB, 720x1280px
>playing singles
>>
>>29825441

>gyroball
with THAT speed?
>>
>>29825731
>0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Decidueye: 144-169 (48.4 - 56.9%) -- 90.6% chance to 2HKO

Ferrothorn is just that slow. And that's with no speed EVs.
>>
I think decidueye got the shaft. Its got a head and some fletch to make the rest of the arrow as well
>>
Regardless of the bad HA, it's still the best out of the 3 competitively.
>>
>>29827721
I think so too but time will tell if this is really true or not. I hope so of course.
>>
I agree with what people are saying about Liquid Voice. It's pretty much useless in singles unless you want to bypass subs, even then Scald is a better option. It's only good on doubles because it's a Surf that doesn't hit your ally. Primarina has potential, but the lack of a better HA won't make it hit OU and it will most likely stay in UU until we get move tutors in a next installment.

Still, by a competitive standpoint, I'd say it's still the more viable starter this gen. Incineroar is also good in both doubles and singles. Decidueye will be good for trapping and BP setups for singles, but it won't fair well in doubles. Long Reach is pretty ok as an ability since you avoid abilities or items that activate upon contact that could cripple your setup.

All in all, decent starters, but not phenomenal. Better than gen 2 and 5 ones.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.