[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>official format (VGC) is 2v2 doubles >sun and moon struggle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>official format (VGC) is 2v2 doubles
>sun and moon struggle to achieve 10 fps in said format in every circumstance other than the attack animation hitting the opponent

what are they going to do?
>>
They'll force you to play on a New 3DS
>>
>>29822083
New 3DS also struggles to get 10fps, from first hand experience
>>
>>29822083
new3DS play EXACTLY the same as O3DS.
>>
>>29821978
Not to mention they made the battle animations for switching and health bar drops even slower (from what I can tell).
And there are the Z-Moves with their 15 second long animations.
>>
>>29822137
This as well, they definitely made the animations for switching and losing health much slower.

And you're being unrealistic when you say "15 second", it's more like 25 second+
>>
>>29821978
Nothing

Do you really think they care at all? Alphazealot is fucking incompetent.
>>
>>29821978
There has always been an option to turn off the attack animations in game or they see the fps problems down the line and patch before some major event
>>
>>29822189
It's not the attack animations that cause the main lag, it's simply the amount of things on the screen, even when idle

But yeah, I guess they either leave it as is, or make the VGC/Wifi Battle thing exclude trainer + other models similar to Gen VI
>>
>>29822099
>>29822106

Glad to know since I was thinking of buying a new3DS because the game's lagging on my 2DS. Heh. Gotta be thankful for what I have tho
>>
>>29822163
At least Megas are not in the first year.

VGC16's 1st turn would usually have at least 2 Primal Reversions/Mega Evolution occur and take up a good minute before any attacks are actually thrown out.
>>
>>29822227
They aren't? You are able to get mega stones & subsequently the mons that use them already though aren't you?

You get Alakazamite from those two X&Y trainers postgame, can you not catch Alakazam, or are they just excluding them regardless? (I don't really follow VGC, was just thinking about it when I saw how laggy double battles were)
>>
>>29821978
Why is the lag any worse than XYORAS?

The models are the same.
>>
>>29822106
I only have an O3DS, but that really sounds like it sucks if they didn't take advantage of the N3DS. There are way too many spots in the overworld where the FPS blatantly drops, and the first Battle Royal the game has you do CRAWLS with 4 pokemon and 4 trainers rendered on the field.

Its bordering on unacceptable.
>>
>>29822263
No idea, probably because they have the trainer models on the field as well, but I guarantee you that the game runs horribly in 2v2 battles
>>
Honestly this is a big hot mess DP style, with the added bonus of making the same mistake as johto, old Pokémon are better than new ones offensively and new ones are rarer to find or require a gimmick. With the added bonus of taking away convenience without even changing consoles, HGSS UI and auto run lost in transition to gen 5.

Seriously, I appreciate that they try to be different but the game has some serious issues, and framerate goes haywire on doubles to boot.
>>
>>29822261
VGC 2017 rules banned all Mega stones.
>>
We can all at least be thankful that the Switch is gonna make Gen 8 lag free.

It's too powerful for Gamefreak to take full advantage of and even with shoddy programming should be able to brute force 30fps
>>
>>29822263
Likely a combination of trainer models being present and the battle scenery being more detailed.

There is also an Aura effect caused when using Z-Moves or fighting Totem pokemon that lags the game too.
>>
>>29822106
That's because most games don't use the N3DS' clock speed unless you hack the console and force it
Devs just don't bother developing for both models
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.