[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Dewpider and Araquanid the most forgettable evo line this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: TXrWrm.png (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
TXrWrm.png
17KB, 256x256px
Are Dewpider and Araquanid the most forgettable evo line this gen? Is the evo even good for anything?
>>
It's my favorite new Pokemon but it's Johto-tier in viability.
>>
they're weird mons with decent typing (water/bug isn't bad and it even resists fire and burns with its ability) that focus on Sp. D. It has a passable attack stat. Might have some weird leech life shenanigans
>>
>>29820825
It's decent, no way near Ledian's tier like how some are trying to make it sound like. It has a type combo that somewhat works with its stats distribution, as odd as it may be.
>>
>>29820825
If they weren't another fucking Bug/Water line then they'd be more memorable
>>
I really like the reverse diving bell spider thing it has going on, but those stats are a shame... At the very least I can grab one of the dorks for ingame stuff
>>
>>29820978
>2 lines in 20 years
>implying there's too many
>>
>>29820825
H-he's my favourite. But all of my favourites are shitmons, so I guess it's to be expected.
>>
It doesn't get the best spider move so RIP.
Might get some use in lower tiers as a special wall?
It should have been a special version of the Wimpod line.
>>
>>29820825
I really dont like araquanid. It has no face, no emotion. It's cool that it's so huge, and the typing is nice, but it looks so shitty to me. I honestly did forget about it until this thread.
>>
>>29820825
They aren't forgettable at ALL. They're fucking SUPER cool, THAT'S what's so maddening.

This thing has got the stats of a Johto first router. They purposely fucked it into the dirt, they knew exactly what they were doing this gen and this line got the rawest deal. After 20 years of being cockteased on a Water/Bug, too. Fuck.
>>
>>29820856
>passable
No it really isn't.
>>
Man with Gen 6 it at least felt like they TRIED to make each Pokemon good. This thing is just a shitmon with only one good stat and it doesn't even get Sticky Web.
>>
>>29821038
I'm so mad about Golisopod

if they'd given it Intimidate or Moxie it straight-up would have been the strongest Bug type ever but they fucked it by essentially cutting its HP in half
>>
>>29821095
I honestly think Golisopod is one of those mons that looks fucked on paper but will turn out to have a fun niche somewhere. But I'm not one of those guys that needs all my favorite mons in OU, so hey.

Araquanid, on the other hand, is already decidedly irrelevant. I can't even use one against my friends, it's dead weight.
>>
>>29820825
Don't shit talk torrentula
>>
>>29821054
70 is definitely usable in-game, especially with STABs. It's nowhere near groundbreaking but it's more than enough to kill most things in three hits at most, and this thing at least has decent SpDef.
>>
>>29821160

If you're not one shotting most of the shit in the main game, you're fucking doing it wrong.
>>
>>29821160
>in gamev
Nigga anything is usable in game that means nothing
>>
>>29820856
Can't it pass its ability with Entrainment? Anything fun that could make use of it?
>>
>>29821183
I mean, I've done shitmons only runs of pretty much every generation, I'm used to not OHKOing everything. I like trying everything out. It's always extremely pleasant to see Delibird carry your nuzlocke, or Dustox beat an E4's CroCune.
>>
>>29820825
Good design with JUST tier stats. At least it isn't bruxish at least, terrible design and stats aren't even good enough to justify like genies. Golispod really took the spotlight being the same typing but completely better, similar to decidueye and dhelmise.
>>
>>29821186
Scizor memeing in doubles.
>>
>>29821132
Oh, it'll still be insane. It 2HKOs a few mons with Aqua Jet, even, and First Impression is incredibly strong. On top of that it takes almost no damage from most resisted hits because of its 140 Defense.

But if they'd given it U-Turn instead of Emergency Exit and made its flavor text something about being smart and knowing to withdraw it would have been so much better.
>>
>>29821184
Never said it was good for competitive, but it's not Ledian tier where using it becomes a hassle when you're not hitting super effectively and have to pray for crits. Just wanted to point out that it wasn't that abyssally bad and that it can work out in casual play, against friends or whatever.
>>
>>29820825
You now remember Comfey exists.
>>
>>29821132
STAB first impression and aqua jet with a good attack stat and emergency exit letting you choose what to switch into is pretty good honestly. Slap a assult vest on it and leech life with a coverage move you have at least a UU mon.
>>
>>29821228
It's cuter that its ability just has a cooler sounding name.
>I-I'm not scared! This is a strategic exit!
>>
>>29820825
I love how nobody expected it to have a torso until the games came out. I always saw it as losing its body and becoming a giant head in water like a bug Metagross.
ALSO, It always astounds me when I throw it out. Is it THE biggest bug type model wise?? It looks massive.
>>
>>29821533
>dissing a mon that knows when to withdraw
>>
>>29821578
Scolipede and Buzzwole are bigger but this thing turned out to be surprisingly big for a bug.
>>
>>29821605
>I don't know how to read
>>
>>29820825
I think this thing is a scrapped ultra-beast. It's good for looking kinda cool.
>>
>>29820825
should have been bug/psychic
>>
>>29820825
One of my favoutite new pokemon by looks alone.
Is there some footage of him?
>>
>>29821004
I think he's saying that Wimpod stole all the limelight
>>
>>29820825
Why does its head looks like Raikou ?
>>
>>29821095
135 base power Fake Out>Ability switch out>135 base power Fake Out is pretty fucking good. Especially factoring in other switch/u-turners.
>>
>>29820825
>Are Dewpider and Araquanid the most forgettable evo line this gen?
No, it's pretty hard to forget them because of how shitty they are.

>Is the evo even good for anything?
No, I wish I could forget them because of how shitty they are.
>>
>>29823143
It's not a Fake Out - there's no Flinching. Also Bug is a poor offensive typing.
>>
test
>>
>>29823305
It's still a +2 Priority 90 BP move.
>>
>>29820846
This thing is nowhere close to the likes of Skarmory, Scizor, Blissey and Suicune in viability.
>>
>>29821186
>>29821227
I'd personally pass it to Slaking. A token, but passing it to Scizor means gettin rid of Technician, while passing it to Slaking is all advantages
>>
So, considering ability/typing/moves/stats, has anyone made a viable set for it? not saying OU stuff, but a set to make something of this thing
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.