[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It looks like rather than Sun and Moon getting a National De

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 19

File: sept20_p13_01_en.png (206KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sept20_p13_01_en.png
206KB, 400x500px
It looks like rather than Sun and Moon getting a National Dex, the Bank is just going to be updated with a Pokedex feature next January.

How do you feel about this, /vp/?

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/
>>
>>29820584
It's aight, I don't mind, as long as the entries aren't just copied from ORAS/XY.
>>
>>29820584
It makes me very concerned for the shiny charm more so than anything else.
>>
I don't rightly give a damn
>>
>>29820631
Dude, they'll just make shinies as rare as if you had the shiny charm. People have been finding them left, right and centre.
>>
>>29820584
Kabutops doesn't exist according to this image. And Omanyte is now a 3 stage too....apparently.
>>
>>29820655
It's still 1/4096.
>>
>>29820759
The image don't have the pokemon in exact order.
>>
>>29820631
You get it finishing the alolan dex.
>>
>>29820584
Wait SM literally doesn't have a National Dex?
>>
File: 1365895878647.jpg (22KB, 221x229px) Image search: [Google]
1365895878647.jpg
22KB, 221x229px
Wait, that pokedex feature is for bank? This entire time I thought it was in Sun/Moon itself

fucking kill me
>>
>>29820655
The shiny charm cuts the chances in half. I spent for fucking ever making a living dex for that 1/2048 rate. I got the damn thing in X before bank was released outside of Japan by a shit ton of trading on the GTS.

I am not keen on going back to 1/4096 after working my ass off for this shit.
>>
I have no idea what you mean
>>
>>29820915
That's... an odd choice. But whatever, I'll take it with no hard feelings then.
>>
>>29820951
Sun and Moon don't have dex entries for pokémon not found in Alola because RotomDex simply doesn't have a National Dex mode.

But when the bank updates, it will have new pokémon feature with new dex entries (or maybe just copypasted ones from XY) for all 802 pokémon.
>>
>>29820920
Nawp.
>>
Does this mean there is no friend safari replacement and not even a dex expansion like ever other game in postgame?

Is the small as shit Alola dex all we get? Are they kidding? After XY had almost every single Pokemon available in it?
>>
>>29821419
There's apparently something with the QR scanner that allows you to get a bunch of stuff past the Alola dex
>>
File: 1470605032372.jpg (89KB, 620x579px) Image search: [Google]
1470605032372.jpg
89KB, 620x579px
>>29821419
>the small as shit Alola dex
>literally the second largest regional dex after XY's
>>
>>29821456
DP and BW all had postgame National Dex expansions which made a shitload more Pokemon available, and XY despite having a huge dex still had the friend safari which made it have almost every single Pokemon.

Now gen 7 puts the national dex behind a paywall and forces you to go back to gen 6 to get non-Alola Pokemon? top kek
>>
>>29820584
You mean I spent all that time making a living dex for nothing?
>>
File: fJ5IjKt[1].jpg (466KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
fJ5IjKt[1].jpg
466KB, 2048x2048px
>>29821419

>small

Breh
>>
>>29821456
Nope. BW2 has it beat.
>>
Wtf, why is there no national dex? For what purpose did they take that out?
>>
>>29821541
So you dont have to collect them all if you dont want to.

A complaint since gen 4.
>>
>>29821507
>more gen 1 than gen 7

Que
>>
>>29821562
You don't have to collect them all though. If you're not going to complete the national dex, don't complete it at all.
>>
>>29821541
For what purpose did they take out:
>toggle run
>following Pokemon
>vs seeker
>bottom screen apps
>set level 100 wi-fi battles
>Battle Frontier
>Dexnav
>Super Training
>PSS
>horde battles
>L=A

and so many other things?
You see, Game Freak is literally retarded, that's why.
>>
>>29821483
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS
>>
>>29821593
Still if you want to finish them all, vps rule, getting a charm, or making people feel bad.

Forms and some megas got dex entrires though.
>>
GF's insanity of removing features for no reason has gone too far now. The national dex? Fucking really?

I actually have no words.
>>
>>29821602
Those things I can live with, but not having a dex entry for a Pokemon at all? What's stopping them from recycling an old dex entry?
>>
>>29821473
>postgame National Dex expansions which made a shitload more Pokemon available
Why does that matter, though? XY and ORAS had literally every non-mythical pokémon available, and almost every mythical was distributed this year because of the 20th anniversary. Unless you're a turbo casual you should have an almost complete living dex by now and can just transfer them to SM in January.

The only problem I had with Alola having a limited number of wild pokémon was not being able to catch things on Apricorn Balls, but now that we know fathers can pass down their poké balls that doesn't bother me.
>>
>>29820943
>I am not keen on going back to 1/4096
An NPC in game says a shiny is a 1/4000 chance. They already cut it in half. So now shiny charm is 1/2000
>>
>>29821602
>>L=A
WHAT?
Fucking why?
>>
>>29821509
>300 is more than 302
>>
>>29821664
I don't have a living dex, not even close.

And I didn't want to go back to gen 6 games to use Pokemon at all. Guess I'll be trading a fucking crapton in this gen.

>>29821643
It's not just the entries, it's the satisfaction of watching an in-game Pokedex filling up with every new Pokemon, seeing their models and cries, all in the neat little interface they have going on in SM. They did an entire animation and such when you catch a new Pokemon, but now all of that is only limited to Alolan mons, other mons won't even get a number on their summary.
There is no reason for them to do this, it's insane.
>>
>>29821693
301 you forgot victini
>>
>>29821689
He's retarded it's in the game
>>
>>29821685
that's inaccurate, actually

it's still 1/4096
>>
>>29821685
Gen6 had 1/4096 as the default shiny rate too, so SM just kept it the same.
>>
>>29821664
>Unless you're a turbo casual you should have an almost complete living dex by now and can just transfer them to SM in January.
That's why I like the Pokedex being in Pokebank now. You don't have to shove all of your Pokemon into the newest game just to get the Pokedex entries anymore.
>>
>>29821704
I agree, as a game completionist, this just makes me grate my teeth. A feature removal has never made me so infuriated. Seriously, fuck gamefreak and whatever provoked them to do this.
>>
>>29820584

What exactly is the point of this decision? The type of people who'd use Pokebank don't care about Pokedex info, and everyone else can just look it up on Bulbapedia or Serebii.

Putting the National Dex behind a paywall isn't going to net them anymore more profit, it's just a nice bonus for the people already using Poke Bank.
>>
>>29821816
I think it's probably what >>29821743 said

And because it makes it easier to get the Shiny Charm
>>
>>29821602
>PSS
Really?
>>
>>29821602
pokeradar is in SM?
>>
>>29821456
Third biggest, but you are right, anon.
>>
>>29821876
No, add that to the list as well.

There's so much shit that GF just removes that i can't keep track of it all. The National fucking Dex definitely tops it all in stupidity though, they really outdone themselves.
>>
>>29821816
For starters, you won't feel compelled to migrate your entire gen 6 Pokedex into gen 7 just to count them. That way if you ever decide to go back to gen 6, the only Pokemon that will be locked out will be the ones you chose to transfer.
>>
But if you keep your mons on bank, now you have to constantly pay to keep your mons when there is no use for it for months on end. Otherwise you loose all your mons if you don't renew it soon enough. It's pretty stupid that no National debt in game thought. If people don't use bank how are they supposed to know how many other mons there are? Like seriously this game Gen will likely have the highest amount of new players ever in the series because of the new kids, maybe older fans returning who haven't play in a few hens and all oh ducking china. To me this just sounds like a cop out so that they didn't have to translate aa much.
>>
>>29821905
Just checked and

>Kanto - 151
>Johto - 251/256
>Hoenn - 202/211
>Sinnoh - 151/210
>Unova - 156/301
>Kalos - 457 (153+153+151)
>Alola - 302

What's the second biggest? Some side-game?
>>
OP's screenshot literally shows the national dex in S/M and there's nothing on the site indicating it's only in the bank, what the fuck are you all complaining about
>>
File: 1478570665848.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1478570665848.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
Fuck me.

Is it possible to get multiple Pokebank years at a time? Like 4 years for $20?
>>
>>29821908

I understand the removed features because they keep each game unique and they don't age that bad.

National Pokedex has zero explanation. I though the game was about getto dazing
>>
>>29822009
It's not in the game.

It has been datamined and no dex entries for non-Alolan mons exist.
>>
>>29821743
>was worried about potentially one way transfer to SM
>read this
Glad they're doing the national dex like this and this is probably the reason why.
Think it will be weird to have pokemon locked to gen 7 next to pokemon that can go to gen 6 though.
>>
>>29820584
Can we even view models/animation read descriptions in that? It doesn't even makes sense, when you send a pokemon that is not on the alolan dex to the game it will have literally no info about it? Something is wrong
>>
>>29822009
that screenshot is from the bank. follow the link OP posted
>>
Guys I really think people are getting worked up to early about this. If GF are adding a National Dex to the Bank, I feel like it's very likely they'll patch it into SM aswell. I think it's at least worth waiting to find out before getting to bummed out.
>>
>>29822102
>mainline pokémon games
>patches for anything other than glitches
>>
these truly are the worst games
>>
>>29821024
But... you can still get everyone Pokemon in Sun/Moon by transferring them in, right?
>>
>>29822010
no, but you can leave the other 15$ dollars at your eshop wallet
>>
>>29822102
>Using the Pokédex feature in Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to see this information—even about Pokémon that don’t appear in the Alola region of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon.
this implies that the rotom dex cant tell you about non-alolan pokemon, which is weird considering that rotom isnt in the alolan dex.
also >>29822126 is right
>>
>>29822143
That works I suppose.

Just have to make sure I don't forget the renewal date, if I make a living dex and lose it by forgetting to pay I might finally kill myself.
>>
>>29822161
I don't think they'd delete the Pokemon in Pokebank, that would cause a lot of issues, especially if they don't remind you to renew
>>
>>29822161
Is that what happens when you dont pay?
You dont just lose access until you pay?
>>
>>29822126
>>29822146
Maybe they made it easier to patch content this time
>>
>>29822161
Your Pokemon stay in Bank even if you forget to pay. You can even log in after your subscription expires to take them back out.

There have been a few people reporting that their Pokemon disappeared when they tried to renew their subscription, but it's pretty uncommon.
>>
>>29822195
>GF
>learning from their past
its admirable of you to still have hope, but you have to know when to give up
if im BTFO ill be happy but i highly doubt it
>>
>>29820915
And what about the oval charm?
>>
>>29822142
Of course, they just won't have ingame dex descriptions, and if they're caught through QR codes in the wild you'll either see a bunch of ??? or not even get the dex entry screen

Richard will have to pay the Bank fee to get his autistic screenshots of every dex entry now
>>
>>29822190
>>29822194
>>29822209
Oh, cool, then it's fine.

Thanks anons.
>>
>>29822194
You just lose the ability to put Pokemon in. You can still take them out.
>>
File: 678493927.gif (1MB, 200x131px) Image search: [Google]
678493927.gif
1MB, 200x131px
>>29822248
Okay, I heard him mentioned SO much. Who is Richard?
>>
>Pokébank dex entries won't be cool and edgy like the SM ones because it wasn't Rotom who wrote them
Feels bad
>>
>>29822266
a generic name for someone who takes the pokedex entries literal.
example, macargo being hotter than the sun

i think some people are just starting to throw it around though because they are new and see others use it
>>
>>29822319
>a generic name for someone
Wrong, newfriend. Richard is an actual person who autistically shitposts on nearly every thread regarding the pokémon world or lore (except when he gets banned), trying to force people to accept his headcanons and insisting that nothing except the dex entries are "canon" in Pokémon.
>>
>>29822371
I've been on /vp/ on and off since BW was a thing. Never heard of Richard
>>
>>29822102
Just like how ORAS would get a battle frontier patch? Yeah, nice try. Bank getting a dex feature actually disproves this more than anything.
>>
>>29820584
Constantly having to switch between Bank and SM to check the National Dex. Great.
>>
>>29822463
Who the fuck actually checks the National Dex this much?
>>
>>29822449
Well after reading what another anon posted:

>Using the Pokédex feature in Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to see this information—even about Pokémon that don’t appear in the Alola region of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

I agree it's looking unlikely, but people really need to stop presuming that the fact they didn't patch in the BF to ORAS means they won't add anything to SM as a patch or DLC.
>>
File: 1295484925707.jpg (20KB, 435x352px) Image search: [Google]
1295484925707.jpg
20KB, 435x352px
>>29820584
I'll just wait for the rest of the world to write them down anyway.
>>
I'm losing hope in Game Freak.
>>
>>29822532
>>Using the Pokédex feature in Pokémon Bank, you’ll be able to see this information—even about Pokémon that don’t appear in the Alola region of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon

Literally none of this implies the feature is in the game itself. And if you read the rest of the paragraph on the website for context it flat out says it's a BANK update, not a game update.
>>
hope they just keep removing main features of the game at a steady rate.
>>
>>29822556
Did you actually read what I posted? I'm agreeing that I don't think the National Dex will be in the game, but people saying the game won't get any patches because some fans were wrong about the BF getting patched in is just silly.
>>
File: Delicious.jpg (47KB, 1168x502px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious.jpg
47KB, 1168x502px
>all these angry anons
Does anyone really even check the Pokedex that much? Don't we all just check Serebii or Bulbapedia? I mean, is it seriously that big of a fucking deal?
>>
>GF BTFO'ing /vp/ and making it borderline impossible to catch them all in SM unless you transfer your entire living Dex
>>
>>29822618
To see what Pokemon you've actually caught?
>>
>>29822634
Check the box, you fucking tard.
>>
>>29822618
Dude people were legit angry we can't sit in every chair. People will find a way to be angry about everything.
>>
>>29822431
clearly you have not been here as long as you say or you would know about him

he disappeared a couple weeks ago when hype got into full swing
>>
>>29822639
We can still have a Pokemon registered as caught but not own one, and for the next two months we'll have no way of telling.
>>
>>29822677
...are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>29822677
Nearly all of the Pokemon you can catch in SM are in the Alola Pokedex, so it's a complete non-issue for those two months. The only exception are a handful of foreign starters from QR codes.
>>
The worst part of this is no new dex entries for future games. I was looking forward to the new entries for non-Alolan Pokemon after reading the ones in-game, but that doesn't look likely anymore. If it doesn't show up in regional dex it'll probably just get its entry copy-pasted from somewhere.
>>
>>29822615
>but people saying the game won't get any patches because some fans were wrong about the BF getting patched in is just silly.

But it's not.

There is no reason they would just not put it in the game to begin with. Especially since you can get Pokemon outside the regional dex on day 1. If there's no national dex there's no national dex. This is L I T E R A L L Y BF denialfags all over again.
>>
Will Pokemon be transferable to S/M immediately upon release? If not, when?
>>
Actually I use the pokedex in game a hell of a lot. And everyone I know irl, that plays, also uses it quite often.

Now I would be the first to get upset about a national dex being dropped. But something's just aren't adding up.....

1. Huge year means tons of new fans. New fans that will need to be introduced to all the non alola mons.

2. What do you see when you obtain a mon that isn't in the dex? There's got to be some form of catalog.

Now I've noticed a couple of oddities I'd like to point out.

3. The game itself is massive! However it has so much "free space" that it can easily be compressed to half of its original size.

4. What about the next remake (that's guaranteed right?)? If there is a new remake then how exactly will that game handle this predicament? All gens before now have had a national dex.

As I said. I LOVE the in game national dex and would really be mad to see it go without a suitable replacement, however... it's just not adding up.
>>
>>29822735
Cool.
>>
>>29820584
We have to fucking dowload the dex?

What the fuck are tge 3.2 gb for?
>>
>>29822735
>2. What do you see when you obtain a mon that isn't in the dex? There's got to be some form of catalog.
The same thing that happens when you get a foreign Pokemon in any other game without having a National Pokedex first: nothing. (except FRLG, where the Pokedex would shoot a beam at your Pokemon to stop them from evolving because it didn't have an entry for its evolution)
>>
>>29822642
I mean, maybe I haven't been paying enough attention but I've been here for years. I just saw it mentioned in another thread after posting here but that's about it.
>>
>>29822775
That makes no sense though. I get that that's how it was handled before. But if your guaranteed new fans then you don't just throw away 90% of your product catalog.
>>
>>29822725
Dude seriously, I accepted that SM won't get a National Dex a few posts ago. Because the text on the site makes it fairly obvious. But saying that because GF haven't done something in the past that they won't do it in the future is almost as bad as presuming patches/dlc are definitely going to happen. Literally nothing has confirmed they won't add extra content, the same way nothing has confirmed they will.
>>
>>29820584
Just Game Freak removing things for no reason. Of course people will still defend them.
>>
>>29822246
Given by beating the game freak employee at their HQ
>>
>>29822735
>4. What about the next remake (that's guaranteed right?)? If there is a new remake then how exactly will that game handle this predicament? All gens before now have had a national dex.
Just do the obvious thing and add all of those random post-game mons to the regional Pokedex. There's no reason they shouldn't be there in the first place. Then you don't need the National Pokedex anymore.
>>
Here's an idea. Instead of bashing our heads over how terrible this could be. Let's theorize why GF would make this move. They are a big biz and, despite what some people may think, are in no way stupid.

I'll go first... let's see... maybe they are working towards a pokemon game that is cross platform? I know it's a stretch but combining the connectivity of bank with the mobility of having a cross platform game could be pretty cool.
>>
They probably think getting past the 800 mark is now getting way too intimidating and ridiculous to new players, as the concept of "Catch 'em all" can only seem so appealing when you have a thousand creatures to find.

I'm almost 100% sure this is their reasoning. Sure you can get any Pokemon in SM by transferring and trading freely, but you won't have a huge empty 140/802 to-do list reminding you that you will never get them all without giving up 5 months of your life to a single game series. It's more like 140/300 or something, which seems a lot more doable and gets people excited to finish the goal in a reasonable time.
>>
>>29822972
I don't think you get how the national dex is supposed to work. The regional dex is meant to help you catalog every mon obtainable within the region before the E4 and upgrade to national dex. After that the national dex isn't to help you catalog only the other few obtainable mons that pop up, it so you can catalog EVERY POKEMON GF HAS MADE. From bulbasaur to marshadow.

That's not something you can just "throw on the end of the regional dex"
>>
>>29823019
This.
>>
>>29823019
What's nice about this new Pokedex is that you don't even have to send them to bank. It just tallies up which Pokemon you've captured in all of your games. Like, if you traded your Xernas for Yvetal in XY, you don't have to do it again this gen. It'll just scan your XY, see you have data for both, and update the Pokedex accordingly.
>>
>>29822733
Bump. Would like an answer.
>>
>>29823087
January
>>
>>29823087
Nevermind.
>>
>>29823082
Oh, I forgot where I was going with that post.

I think the idea is that new players can slowly accumulate a full Pokedex by completing various regional dexes. It makes the goal doable, but in smaller chunks.
>>
any have the qr for the preevolution of miltank?
>>
>>29820880
1/4000 actually.
>>
>>29821602
>Imagine if they were competent and left them in ;_; We could have had it all
>>
>>29822195
It was easy last time (on their end,) they just fucking choose not to do it.
>>
>>29820584
Wait so is the feature where you can look at Pokemon from different angles and play their animations going to be gone? Is it only on bank? I loved using that in oras
>>
Holy shit, I wanted to see my Mons in the new pokedex.
These bastards are just lazy.
>>
>>29823342
We really need a new fucking set of devs. People are going to lose interest in the games and kill the franchise if they keep this two steps forward three steps back thing up.
>>
>>29822431
He can be summoned by talking about Mew and it's inability to learn Crabhammer pretty reliably.
>>
>>29823318
it's actually still 1/4096

the NPCs just say 1/4000 because it's simpler
>>
>>29822640
The chair thing is retarded but paywalling the fucking Dex is a big deal, anon, even if it's literally just 5 bucks.
>>
How do I even complet my Living Dex in this game?!
>>
>>29822717
Me too, anon.
>>
File: ohmori.png (87KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
ohmori.png
87KB, 400x240px
>>29823408
You pay for Pokebank and go back to gen 6.
You also need to go back to gen 6 if you want to catch Pokemon with hidden abilities or EV train with any kind of efficiency.

Seems GF doesn't want people to play SM for longer than 20 hours, makes sense since kids these days have free apps on their smartphones and can't be bothered to play a game for too long. Based Ohmori-san.
>>
>>29823470
Pokemon is dead.
>>
>>29823470
JUST
>>
>>29822618
>he doesn't check the Pokedex religiously

MODS
>>
>>29823539
INJECT
>>
>>29823572
What's the point of playing the game then?

Just fuck my shit up, why the fuck am I even still playing this series made by incompetent devs. Fuck this.
>>
>>29823470
>you can't EV train in SM
Why do people keep saying this? You have both the PokéPelago and the Join Avenue clone to do that. The latter is basically unplayable now because it requires you to go online in order to get the right shops, but it still has everything Gen 6's super training had.

The Dexnav being replaced by a chain fishing/horde battle hybrid is pretty boring though.
>>
>>29823719
Super training was crap, hordes were godly for EV training. This is a huge step back from that.
>>
>>29823719
To my understanding, you can't control what EVs you get in PokePelago, and the shops are once a day purchases that require aids tier minigames to be done for currency.

Super training might have been a little slow, but it was one key thing: consistent. Get your pokemon, train, done. The randomness of the new junk is pure aids.
>>
>>29823795
>and the shops are once a day purchases
They're not
>>
>>29823752
I don't get it, it this a meme? If you fight allies there's no difference with hordes outside the fact that you're not killing them in 1 hit. You still get the +50 EVs.
>>
>>29823821
You mean once again people on /vp/ jumped on a negative bandwagon without knowing the full details or waiting for features available on release date?
What a shocker.
>>
>>29823821
Is it known how they work then? All I've seen is something about a restaurant that serves one meal a day that maxes a single stat.
>>
>>29823843
Considering this thing checks every game you use, and that Bank itself is free, yeah no.
>>
>>29823878
The bank isn't free
>>
>2013+3
>people still complain about the Bank's $5 per year fee
>>
>>29823896
Sure thing dude. Whatever you say.

I guess i'm just imagining the price of 0 on the Eshop and me being able to check my deposited Pokemon without a license.

Just imagining.
>>
>>29823965
I've no idea it's free now or not, but it was free for a few months at launch wasn't it?
>>
>>29823906
can't complete pokedex in pokemon and pay for an app to wait for gen 8
>>
>>29823957
Whatever the fuck you're on about doesn't matter a single bit. The bank is 5 dollars a year. This is simple fact.

Surely I'm just imagining you being a faggot. Just imagining.
>>
>>29823975
It used to be a glorified PC box that allowed me to replay the game as many times as I wanted without losing my pokémon. Now it's the same shit but also acts as the game's national dex

I honestly fail to see that's a downgrade
>>
>>29824028
fail to see how*
>>
>>29824028

>Playing on the go
>want to read some dex entries of look at models
>can't access Bank because no wifi

Sure seems like a downgrade to me.
>>
>>29823825
You can't use Sweet Scent, get 5 Pokemon and one shot all of them in a single move like Surf etc with this system. It's nowhere near as efficient as getting 250 EVs in five attacks.
>>
>>29824046
>basic feature of the games that's been there since gen fucking one
I just said the bank's main selling point to me is the ability to do multiple runs in the same cartridge. I don't remember that being a feature of the games since gen 1

It replacing the shitty minigames like the Pal Park and the Poké Transfer is just a bonus, and I couldn't care less about the national dex
>>
>>29824046
This, you can't only play with box and dex. Also you need to collect data on pokemon to become the ultimate pokemaster, no national dex in game is fucking hérésie.
>>
Hopefully we'll get more trainers in the Battle Tree or some sort of extra content in this January update. Highly doubt it sadly.
>>
>>29823470
Shut the fuck up stupid poster.
You can get HA in game with pokemon calling for help.
You can Ev train easy
>>
>>29824403
Now that the hype and confusion about the leaks have calmed down, we're entering the "I'll say everything is shit and pokémon is dead even though I don't have enough information to back up my claims" phase. It'll only get worse until the games are officially released. Then people will realize that many of their complaints were the result of misunderstandings or just them being stupid.

But since the game still has many flaws, like every other main pokémon game, they'll keep finding new things to complain about.
>>
>>29824528
Or maybe the games just aren't that good and you need to accept that.
>>
>>29824581
I literally said the game still had many flaws.

Learn to read you dumb ape.
>>
>>29824528
Completely agree with this anon.
>>
>>29824604
You couched that in the assumption that the games were still fundamentally good. This might not be the case.
>>
>>29824634
It's the case, pessimistic cockroache
>>
>>29820915
So wait I don't have to wait until January to get my charm? Fuck yes!
>>
>>29824670
At this point it's unlikely, optimistic bottle fly.
>>
>>29824689
Don't celebrate that. You're being robbed.
>>
>>29824716
How? Fuck if I care I can masuda breed like a happy idiot!

...oh wait no perfect pokemon and bottle caps are essentally a different stat seprate from ivs..
>>
>>29824016
>you have to pay to use your pokedex
>no you're not
>HAHAHA FAGGOT
Cool.
Oh and no, Bank is free. You repeating it doesn't change the truth.
>>
>>29820584
If this is true then that's fucking retarded.
Honestly never thought they would ever remove the entire dex from the game.
>>
>>29824743
>How?
They're slowly turning basic game features into paid DLC. Soon the main games will be barebones and all the cool little things that should be there from the start will be locked behind a yearly fee instead.
>>
File: DSC_1150.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1150.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>29824754
Different anon here. Just renewed my license a few days ago. Can I use your post in my email to Nintendo to claim back my money? Since it's free.
>>
>>29824807
Pokemon is never going to be made by people with common sense, isn't it?
>>
>Just like in gen IV, you need to complete the regional dex in order to get the national dex

Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>29824908
Never trust Spanish language Pokémon news.
>>
>>29824885
No, enjoy your casualized kiddy shit with underwhelming "plot" and "characters", handholding YW ripoffs, and features being progressively removed every game.

And in the future you'll get even worse games that will cost more in the long run because of the DLC fuckery.
>>
>>29824927
>casualized kiddy shit
What the fuck are you expecting from Pokemon? I won't defend the Bank being required for the National Dex, but come on man.
>>
>>29820922
>kill me
check'd
I guess ur fucked now
>>
>We are pleased to announce Pokemon Dank and Pokemon Meme for the Nintendo 4DS!
>We have removed the elite four, gym leaders, and enemy teams.
>>
>>29824978
Don't jinx it.
>>
>>29824865
You bought the license to use the transfer and deposit thing, you didn't bought Bank itself.

The argument was about the Pokedex being behind a paywall, which isn't true as i can access my fucking boxes and see what's in them, and my license expired months ago.

Fucking retard.
>>
Where does it say that SM won't get a national dex? Does it actually not have one?
>>
>>29824978
>Pokemon Dank and Pokemon Meme
>We have removed the elite four, gym leaders, and enemy teams
So these are just Sun and Moon remakes?

The Kahunas and captains are a joke, and the enemy teams are just misunderstood babies and edgy deviantart villains so it'd be better if they weren't even there at all.
>>
>postgame doesn't have catchable non-regional Dex Pokémon

But why? That was one of the better things of the National Dex.
>>
>>29824997
Pokedex entries and pokedex preview images are completely absent from the datamine.
Pokémon not in the regional dex just has the metadata needed for them to work in battle.
>>
File: image.png (153KB, 356x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
153KB, 356x454px
>>29820584
>there's a national dex after all
Best news I've heard all day.

My autism was boiling when I heard there wasn't one in SM.
>>
>>29825016
>catchable non-regional Dex Pokémon
Type: Null, Silvally and UBs are technically not in the regional dex and can only be obtained in the postgame :^)

You better enjoy them goyim. This is the future you chose.
>>
>>29825045
There's not one in SM. There's only one in the Pokebank, which is paywalled. There is not any kind of National Dex in SM itself.
>>
>>29820584
So you can have pokémon that can still be transferred to Gen 6 in the same box as pokémon you caught in Gen 7? That could be rather confusing
>>
>>29825016
You can already catch non-regional mons with QR codes.
>>
>>29825049
Touché. I just had hopes shit like Oddish would be in the postgame to let the regional Pokémon make more sense.
>>
>>29825088
Yeah, only like 15 of them, so it's completely fucking useless
>>
>>29822756
Models. This is the first fully 3D gen that doesn't use low poly chibis and instead has a to scale rendition of it's environment. The dex doesn't take up much space anyway since it's mostly text and images which are fucking nothing compared to models.
>>
>>29823019
How about unlocking the national dex when you finish the aloha? It gives people more to do.

Also what the fuck am i reading, am i understanding this right? More content=bad?
>>
>>29821614
>vps rule

Finishing the Alola Dex without the National Dex is not catching 'em all. Do not try to use this to slack off.
>>
>>29823019
Then just do it gen IV style.
Have the primary goal be finishing the regional dex, which seems doable to most.
Now when you actually do that you unlock the full national dex, and if that's too intimidating then you can stop at what you have already achieved.
There is literally no drawbacks to this.
>>
>>29825220
Everybody who owns SM is going to be banned from the board, aren't they?
>>
>Stunky and Glameow are not in the Dex and aren't QR mons either

GF sure likes to make these two as rare as possible, huh. Version exclusives in D/P, not in Platinum, only in B2W2 if you Entralink with someone who has the other version and Glameow is only available in ORAS' Mirage Spots.
>>
>>29825203
I don't think he's saying more content is bad, just that having a massive dex to fill is probably off putting for little kids.
I think this is why the had Sycamore seem so
unconcerned about the Dex in XY as well.
Not saying this is a good thing, but it probably is why they've done.
>>
>>29822096
The bank update may include an actual pokedex info screeb.
>>
>>29822532
After Gen VI and SN it is pretty safe to assume gamefreak won't do anything that requires more than minimal half-assed effort ever again.

Would be neat if they surprise us, but don't count on it.
>>
File: visible confusion.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
visible confusion.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>29820584
I don't understand.

Why would you do this.

I can't believe this is real, this seems like the kind of strawman someone would make of Game Freak when complaining about other cut features, but this is actually a thing.

Why.
>>
>>29825264
Stunky is in X, not sure about Y.
>>
>there's people ITT defending the lack of a national dex

Fuck you. Collecting new species and trading is literally the main purpose of the games and now you can't do it. Now you need two games and a yearly subscription to transfer, but not catch, old 'mons.

GF is just shitting in our mouths and I won't allow that anymore.
>>
>>29825381
I haven't understood the situation correctly so i don't really understand the difference.
>>
>>29824100
Not as efficient but still pretty efficient when compared to the regular way. Is /vp/ just full of Kalosperm who have played nothing but Gen VI?
>>
>>29825362
True, Stunky wasn't a really good example (it's in Y too) although it's still one of the most rare Pokémon.
>>
>>29824670
These games are complete shit and your attempts at damage control can't do anything to change it.
>>
File: 1465406199725.png (204KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1465406199725.png
204KB, 640x480px
>>29824028
Anon, people are complaining because they took a feature out of the games and locked it behind something you have to pay for. They removed content that has been in LITERALLY every game before it, to force you to pay for it separately if you want it. You could call it an "upgrade" for Pokébank but holy shit this is EA levels of jewry.
>>
>>29824908
National Dex info would have been datamined.
>>
>>29824996
It's not 2017 yet and we don't know if the feature is free or not. Being able to claim all the shit you already left in the bank doesn't mean it's time to extrapolate.

Inbred twat.
>>
>>29825497
>to force you to pay for it separately if you want it
You mean force you to download the app. You don't pay anything until you actually have to transfer and/or deposit stuff.
>>
>>29825549
[citation needed]
>>
>>29825549
Most people here have no idea how the Bank actually works anon, it's useless.
>>
>>29825542
And we know that it's not free how, exactly?
>>
Are Super Training and the PSS actually gone?
>>
>>29825381
>now you can't collect and trade new species
Are you retarded? You can still transfer everyone from XYORAS to SM, there just won't be dex entries for all of them unless you use the Bank.

Everything about the Bank is exactly the same it was between BW/BW2 and XY, except that now it is also where you go to read the pokédex info of pokémon not found in the region.

I mean, it's still weird and a shitty thing to do, but you seem to have misunderstood what this whole deal is about.
>>
Lost my living dex after forgetting to renew my pokebank earlier this year. At least I have until January to try and get it again.
>>
>>29825582
Along with Horde Battles, a good route for hatching Eggs, Friend Safari, and DexNav. They literally want us to hack.
>>
>>29824807
Wait what? I mean yeah masuda breeding like I said but to actually remove the national dex? GF you drunk
>>
>>29825603
Huh? I thought you never lost your Pokemon in the Bank, you just couldn't add more (and maybe take out what you have) without renewing your license?
>>
>>29825579
We don't. But given how Bank License is only required for transferences, chances are you can view the dex with no issue.

Reminder that regardless, people would need Bank to transfer pokémon from gen VI to VII to complete the National Dex in case it was in the games, so it doesn't change anything.
If anything I won't have to clutter my boxes with shitmons I never use, which was becoming rather annoying to manage.
>>
>>29825646
Correct. You just can't take or add, but they stay there.
>>
My Bank expires today. Should I renew the service this year or wait until next year?
>>
>>29825609
Isn't that straight road on Akala goos for hatching eggs?
>>
Will they give us 1 free month to transfer stuff like they did in XY?
>>
>>29825672
Do you think you're going to use it? If you do, yes. If you don't and don't care about reading Dex entries, no.
>>
>>29825672
Might as well wait if you're not planning to use it for anything until transferring to SM.
>>
>>29825672
If you have 5 bucks and plan on renewing it next year anyway, just do it now.
>>
>>29825609
>a good route for hatching Eggs
Can't you just stand in front of the Daycare Lady, go to Festival Plaza, use Tauros, and then teleport back once you're done?

I'll admit it's not perfect since you can't see when the eggs are ready to be picked up, but its something.
>>
>>29825711
The day care person doesn't turn around like in oras? Or atleast call you like i BW?

WHYYYYYY
>>
>>29821473
fuck them for doing that jew shit. Powersaves when?
>>
>>29825646
You can still take them out even if your pass expires and you don't renew it, but they only remain there for a few months until they're erased definitely.

Normally I'd just say that everyone who loses their entire living dex for not paying has to be pretty fucking stupid, BUT I've heard of some server issues causing people to lose their pokémon so I guess everything is possible.
>>
>>29825732
The one thing that became clear over Gen VI and VII is that gamefrak hates their audience.

Maybe it's because the games they actually bothered putting any effort into (Emerald, Platinum, BW2) always sold poorly compared to the inferior games in their gens. So why even bother amirite?
>>
>>29825672
If you have homebrew, you should take all your Pokémon out now and load them into PHBank.
>>
>>29825711
>>29825732
She crosses her arms when there's an egg to be picked up. Also you can't use any riding Pokémon in the Festival Plaza.

>>29825773
>Powersaves

Just get homebrew and use PKHeX, they already have a beta version of it with SM compatibility.
>>
>>29825599
No, you're retarded. You can only obtain 300 Pokémon in the game. You can't catch and evolve a Buneary, for instance; which defeats the purpose of collecting Pokémon.

Transferring them is nowhere as satisfying as catching, evolving or breeding. The amount of carchabke Pokémon in gens IV through VI was reasonable, but only 300 out of 800? Fuck GF.
>>
>>29822248
Obviously there will be an Game update too.
>>
>>29825819
My stupid bf updated my 3ds. I can't hack it.
>>
>>29825842
Just like there was obviously going to be a Frontier update in ORAS. They even said it was "Coming Soon!"
>>
>>29825819
>She crosses her arms when there's an egg to be picked up.

Oh thank goodness. Does it happen in real time or do you have to go off screen?

>Also you can't use any riding Pokémon in the Festival Plaza.

Fuck...Well is there at least anything similar to unova's 3 long bridges? Goodbye battle resort loop perfection.
>>
>>29825781
Welp, guess I've just found out I've lost my shinies then.
>>
>>29825842
>Game Freak
>patching anything other than a game-breaking bug or exploit
>ever
Why do you want to set yourself up for disappointment, anon?
>>
Does that imply that VGC will stay alola dex only for the entire sm lifespan since they have no other clear cutoff ingame like they had with regional/national dex?
>>
>>29825860
Dump his ass, that is unforgivable
>>
>>29825868
>Does it happen in real time or do you have to go off screen?

Not sure, I've been running to the route north to hatch eggs (making Rockruffs since they're rare on the GTS, need a Pichu and Feebas), I don't think I've come by right when an egg was about to be made.
>>
>>29825819
Shit man I guess we'll just have to walk for eggs. At least I will for now.
>>
>>29825893
....This actually makes sense as asine as it is.
>make a bunch of slowish pokemon
>no national dex so many of the good mom won't ever be useable
>shit pokemon are actually great since they're all sub par together
>>
Wow, ok that's fucking retarded. How stupid is that?
>>
I don't understand what's going on here. If pokébank has a built-in national dex, can't you just download the app and use it instead of the ingame dex? You only need to fay if you want to store stuff there, right? Or did they change that?

Needing to use an external software just to see dex entries sounds inconvenient as fuck, but people seem to feel offended like they're being forced to pay for it and I don't get why.

Everyone knew since XY that the pokébank was here to stay and that it would remain a paid service if one wanted to transfer their mons between generations, so it doesn't make sense to complain about that 3 years later.

Just wondering though. If they really changed something to make the natdex basically a DLC please correct me.
>>
>>29826042
>DLC
Oh, and by that I mean a /paid/ DLC of course.
>>
>>29823379
>gamefreak won't hire younger staff who can actually provide insight on what fans want for a great pokemon game
>insight means gamefreak will be able to make more steps forward in innovation and keeping popular features in
>instead we get a bunch of out of touch middle-aged suits who think the biggest competitor are smartphone apps

>>29823186
Miltank doesn't have a pre-evo, anon.
>>
>>29825893
They should do it anyway, with retarded powercreep over 3 generations this will be good.
>>29826042
Alola doesn't have national dex at all and you won't be able to get non-alolan mons without bank (which is paid)
>>
Wow, look at all the moaners who just want to catch a Pidgey for the 50th fucking time. Finally I can store all my old Pokemon in the bank and just focus on the new dex. Everybody here must be 12 or something. I am studying and working at the same time, I don't have the damn time to catch 802 Pokemon and store them all in the game. Who has the fucking time for that?
Finally GF adapts to functionality and comfort. Plus 300Yen (J 3DS) a year is fucking nothing.

And guys, once the Bank update is here you can still move your favourite mons to SM and play with them. National Dex being in the bank doesn't change anything. Makes it easier to keep track of all the Pokemon one ever caught.
>>
Perhaps the pokedex feature is free, though you'll still need to pay to transfer.
>>
>>29820584

Every Pokémon better have new entries.
>>
>>29826042
There are not dex entries for every Pokemon in Sun and Moon, the files literally are not there. Meaning even if you import them into your game they won't show up in the Dex. Meaning you have to pay for Bank just to access the Dex, which you're going to have do anyway to transfer into Gen 7, but it's still a shitty and BAFFLING thing to do.
>>
Anyone here actually play moon yet? If so have you caught a mon that isn in the RegDex? If so can we get a screen cap or pic of what shows up in the RegDex when you catch a mon that isn't in it? I just want to know if I can view my mons and play their animations or not...
>>
Nobody should give @29826083 a (You), he doesn't deserve it.
>>
File: Mudbray.full.2025470.jpg (180KB, 860x740px) Image search: [Google]
Mudbray.full.2025470.jpg
180KB, 860x740px
>>29821745
It's worse than a feature removal; It's now gated behind a paywall, an internet connection, and a separate app. 'No microtransactions or DLC' my ass.

Pictured: My ass.
>>
>>29826083
You could always do that.
Your whole post is just you being a casual who want less things to do.
>>
>>29826083
>removes extremely major standard feature
>puts it behind a paywall
>for literally no good reason
>people defending it
When you fucks have to start paying micro transaction fees to unlock the next Route, remember that you asked for this.
>>
>>29826119
What did I just say? >>29826107
>>
>>29826109
Pokemon really is dead. Why is Game Freak so useless?
>>
>>29826068
>you won't be able to get non-alolan mons without bank (which is paid)
I know that. I already said that it was obvious that you'd need pokébank to have all 802 pokémon in SM.

I'm asking about the outrage regarding the natdex being in a external app instead of the game.

Is it just because Alola has only 300 pokés instead of like 400 in BW and 500 in XY?

>>29826097
But you don't need to pay for pokébank to access it. You just can't put things there.

And if you transfer your XY or ORAS mons to SM they'd automatically registered in the bank and you could access their dex entries at any time even if you're not paying anymore.

That's why I'm asking if anything regarding the way the bank passes work has been changed.
>>
>>29825832
Look at this inbred. The tears are real. Complaining about having only access to 300 Pokemon from 802. Spoiled shit, get fucking real. You had a smaller dex in previous games (apart from BW2). Also through the QR Scans in SM you can catch Pokemon outside the Alola Dex.
Just fap to your gen VI buneary.
>>
>>29826109
>It's now gated behind a paywall
>>29826125
>>puts it behind a paywall

Source?
>>
>>29826177
Pokemon bank is a $5 a year service. If they make the National Dex a part of Pokemon Bank and only about the Pokemon you've put into it, that's something you'd need to pay to access. Yes, that is a rather small amount as microtransactions and subscriptions go, but it's still a paywall.
>>
>>29826166
Dunno then, probably because they cut out the big feature and put it into pay access app. Or maybe they actually like catching all the shit yet again instead of just transferring or actually think more filler on the roads is good. Or maybe they even want old shit back in VGC, why is VGC still not current gen dex only
>>
>>29826177
Pokemon Bank costs money. This doesn't need a source, it needs you to be capable of basic research.
>>
>>29826166
I live in a rural shithole with shitternet, having to use an online service to access a major game feature is a pain in the ass even if it wasn't pseudo-forced paid DLC, especially because it's an external feature that takes me out of the game to use. It just makes no damned sense to split them when they could just put the fucking feature in the game, but Game Freak has never done things that make sense so I don't know why I'm surprised.
>>
>>29826218
So it's just the small amount of available pokémon + needing internet and another app to see the pokés that made people upset. Ok then.

For a moment I got worried they'd make the bank pass purchase a requirement to even see the national dex even after you're done transferring your living dex though it.
>>
>>29826285
maybe but doubt it, currently only putting in the mons is blocked and i cannot see why would this change
>>
>>29826271
You must have hated the Dream World.
>>
>>29826331
So fucking much, my net was even worse back then (the area has had some minor improvements. I take what I can get.)

I usually don't use the online features in Pokemon games that much, I did appreciate that Gen 6 had Wonder Trading though. When my net cooperated it was amusing to see what I could get. Got a Sneasel named "Oh god he", which would lead to things like "Oh god he used Ice Punch" and soforth in battle. I still have that one.
>>
File: donmattrick.png (152KB, 387x279px) Image search: [Google]
donmattrick.png
152KB, 387x279px
>>29826271
"Fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity, it's called Gen I-V."
>>
I have a completed national dex in ORAS but not a living dex, do you think this new pokebank pokedex just scans each of your games pokedex's or the actually pokemon in your boxes?

I'm planning on making a backup (I have custom firmware) of my ORAS save then transferring my collection to SM then restoring to ORAS so I have all my mons on gen 6/7.
>>
>>29826412
boxes in bank
>>
What are people upset about, exactly?
>>
>>29826488
In order to access the national dex you have to pay $5 and access it through pokebank instead of it being in the game itself, seems like.
>>
Data mining had lots of nonsensical blanks, so it's not unlikely that there will be patches that fill in the missing pieces. Don't forget there's gonna be a launch patch that makes the preload playable.
>>
>>29825646
If you don't renew, you have a year to withdrawal everything. If there's anything left in there after a full year without a subscription, they get wiped.

Do people really not know about this restriction? I know y'all are cheap assholes, but $5 USD per year is peasant-tier. It's not worth the risk of losing everything.
>>
>>29826520
That's not how Pokemon Bank works. You can access it even if you didn't pay, at least for a while.
But how dare a company asks you to pay money for an external app to transfer Pokemon from one game to another. These fucking assholes deserve to die. Fucking 5$ a year. PAYWALL. I'm not going to let this happen with me. I'll boycott this shit joke of a company.

Then - still decides to buy it. Losers.
>>
>>29826565
People spend 10$ on shitty McDonalds food or waste it for other fucking trash like Netflix. Then they complain that they need to pay 5$ for an external app created to transfer Pokemon between games making things easier for everybody.
People are disgusting.
>>
>>29826580
>how dare a company asks you to pay money for an external app to transfer Pokemon from one game to another
People complain because in Gen1->2, Gen3->4, and Gen4->5 you could transfer pokémon in the games themselves without needing a paid external service.

They have been complaining for over 3 years, since PokéBank was announced, they won't stop complaining now.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-11-07-56-05.png (201KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-11-07-56-05.png
201KB, 480x800px
But will it at least catalog the mons you've caught? I can live without written dex entries as long as I can still view the mons I've caught...
>>
>>29826580
The issue is that they removed a core feature and put it in an external app for legitimately zero beneficial reason to anyone at all.
>>
>>29826209
>>29826242
So why can you access Bank without a license?
>>
I cant remember the last time I actually willingly looked at the Pokedex
>>
>>29826467
Makes sense, I think I should be able to complete the pokebank national pokedex pretty quickly. Just have to fill in the missing gaps in my collection But won't have a full living dex on Pokebank, hell I won't even be storing anything in Pokebank I think, only using it to transfer legit up to gen 7/use it as a pokedex. I haven't paid for pokebank for like 2 years and don't plan on paying for it every single year in the future...unless game freak puts out a new game yearly..

Thank fuck for custom firmware that lets me backup my pokemon/whole save files to HDD, google drive/whatever.
>>
>>29825832
>You can only obtain 300 Pokémon in the game
It's more or less 400 actually because of the QR code mons
>>
>>29826520
Source?
>>
>>29821941
This 'paywall' you're all whining about is literally five dollars a fucking year. That's barely more than one gallon of milk.
>>
>>29820609
>implying they're going to bother

I'm surprised enough they modified the old gen mons' in the Alola dex.
>>
File: IMG_3569.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3569.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>29825930
>And when EVERYONE'S SHIT...
>...No one will be.
>>
Okay. So since a Pokemon, such as Stunky, isn't in Alola's regional dex, even after I complete the game, I will still never be able to find a Stunky in the wild because there's no national dex mode in the game itself?

So then the only way to have a Stunky in the game would be transfer from Gen 6 and breed?
Damn...why doesn't GF just have an NPC in the game that encourages players to do the living dex method in order to "catch them all"? It only took me a few months to complete mine (thanks to GTS and Wondertrade for all the help).
I just hope we'll finally be able to deposit eggs in the bank. I really want to do an egglocke for Moon.
>>
>>29820584
Slowly but surely GF is reving up those microtransactions

First they paywalled pokémon transfer, now they're paywalling the National Dex. I don't like where this is going

>HURRDURR BUT IT'S ONLY 5 BUCKS A YEAR
It's not about the money, it'a about the fact the national dex was always a given on old game and now they're suddenly putting a paywall around for no good reason at all. The national dex doesn't need to be connected to the Bank it could be perfectly implemented in the game as per usual
>>
>>29826998
it only makes sense, right? There are no Siberian Tigers found in Germany, right? That's at least if you look at it game-wise. It felt weird in XY that you could catch so many Pokemon in friend safari. They really made the games look less like a world than a theme park.
>>
>>29827016
well people felt overwhelmed that they needed to catch so many Pokemon to objectively "complete" it. Now with 302 this is definitely manageable.
>>
>>29827047
But the way it's always been is that you unlock the national dex mode, aka the rest of the Pokemon not already in the region, once you beat the main game. Taking that away makes the region less appealing to continue exploring if there are no new encounters to experience.
>>
>>29827047
It actually made sense. There are tigers in Europe on zoos. Friend Safari was basically a zoo where you can catch rare pokémon
>>
>>29827016
Again, and again, and again...
The only thing paywalled is the transfer, you can download Bank for free and check your Pokemon, that means that when they update it, you'll just need to open the app to check your National Dex entries
>>
>>29827047
There weren't any t-rex fossils in France either, but we still got a t-rex fossil mon anyways.

People play Pokemon to experience a fantasy world where anything goes.
>>
>>29826659
You can only view or remove pokemon from it, not add anything.
>>
>>29827093
tons of side quests and the Festival area which will give you a lot of stuf to explore. Poke Pelago looks great, too.
>>
>>29826998
There were no Stunky in Black and White's regional dex or even in the postgame, you were never able to found them even with the national dex mode, and if you wanted a Stunky in the game you had to transfer it from Gen 4 and breed it.

How is this any different?

The main issue here is that Alola has too few pokémon. Only 380+ even counting postgame encounters and pokémon outside the regional dex.
>>
File: 1435113990472.jpg (88KB, 309x436px) Image search: [Google]
1435113990472.jpg
88KB, 309x436px
>>29827067
Are you implying this counts as a "complete" Pokédex? You still haven't caught them all, regardless of whether the Dex is accessible in the game.
>>
>>29827294
>Are you implying this counts as a "complete" Pokédex?
To casual normies and kids it does, that's his point.
>>
>>29827093
>no new encounters to experience.
desu old mons you captured a dozens of times before are not really "new" encounters.
>>
>>29826816
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon-bank/
>>
>>29827193
>the Festival area

I've had the game for three days and I'm already bored of the Festival area. Maybe global missions will be nice once they're available but everything else is kind of lame, unless I'm missing something. I've been gathering guests with Spotpass and they haven't seemed to add much.
>>
>>29827104
That still doesn't justify removing a core feature and putting it in an external app for literally no reason. Even for Game Freak and all their stupid decisions this is too much.
>>
>Complete national dex in Y
>Transfer one of every evolution family to AS
>Still have to breed them all individually like an autist to get the prevos
>Living dex clogs up the PC like a motherfucker
>No room left for multiples of legendaries/competitive mons/shinies
>Use bank, can't retrieve mons when want to breed them if take game on the go.
>see this thread, national dex no longer an issue in S/M
and a good riddance to you too.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.