[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.smogon.com/articles/gene ration-six-retrospective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

http://www.smogon.com/articles/generation-six-retrospective

Oh boy...

Keep in mind that this is just 1 human being out of 7 billion in the entire world. It's just one guy's opinion. It makes no difference.

What did you guys like and hate about gen 6?
>>
Competitive wise it's the best gen.

t. top 500 elo singles and doubles player
>>
>>29819372
> People thought Vanilluxe was a stupid design... yet in this generation we were introduced to the Honedge family; Pokémon that were floating swords.
Opinion 100% completely disregarded.
>>
>>29819504
are you seriously defending honedge line?
>>
>>29819593
Are you shitting on them? Its a cool concept. Although not really cool vaniluxe is also a decent concept.
>>
>>29819593
>>29819504
The funny thing about the Aegislash line is that just because swords are cool, its straight up better than Vanilluxe's line.

Pretty much no one has the "It's just X!" with it.
>>
>>29819635
While Honedge and Aegislash were alright, I recall a decent amount of people being pretty disappointed by Doublade's reveal.
>>
>>29819593
It's a fucking ghost sword. That shit is in fucking everything. You find it in Sonic the goddamn hedgehog. It's a boss in the Mother series. It's a main character in both Wakfu and Mar.

How the fuck is that bad design? People fucking love it.

It's certainly not on the level of Vanilluxe, which defeats Vanillite's entire purpose of looking like a small ice cream for the same reason as Mimikyu by being 3 feet tall. In the very same generation even Klefki is more poorly executed. Yeah, it's a thing that disguises itself to look like a keyring to steal keys, but there wasn't much thought put into making it look decent beyond that. Aegislash being a sword comes from a long tradition of ghost swords. It looks like any other Ghost sword because it's a popular concept people enjoy compared to the abominable half-retarded ice cream monster.
>>
>>29819440
>Competitive wise it's the best gen.

What is Gen 4 OU after the Garchomp ban?
>>
>>29819745
This, was the best
>>
>>29819745
Gen 4 OU was my favorite time to play Pokemon.

That and Gen III in general.
>>
>>29819745

Gen 4 was the first time I actually started to play competitively despite having played red since I was 8 years old.

everything felt fantastic, sneasel not only being able to use physical stab moves, but getting an awesome evo, tons of great gen 4 pokes like drapion, brozong, staraptor, toxicroak, yanmega, ghosts being able to use special stab... its still my fav generation as far as gameplay improvements and overall changes goes.
>>
>Zinnia was easily one of the best new characters introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

you can't make this shit up.
>>
>Zinnia was easily one of the best new characters introduced in Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire.

OK Ohmori, you can stop now.
>>
>>29819372
>Zinnia was easily one of the best new characters
>Zinnia didn't make any sense until the end

I'm getting conflicting messages here.
>>
>>29819714
I can't tell if you're defending or dissing the concept of the Honedge line.
>>
>>29819440
Fuck no. The power creep was out of this world bad in gen 6. I'd sooner take the weather wars of gen 5 over gen 6.
>>
>"Where it went wrong"
>says nothing bad about the games and just shills every new addition

>"Steven was back, and he was probably even more annoying than before."
>proceeds to give no examples

This is bait, right? No one actually has taste this terrible, right?

I mean, I'm not going to pretend Generation VI has nothing of value. I liked the locations in Kalos, Mega Evolutions, a number of new Pokemon, Mega Fug vs. Deoxys, etc.

But this article feels like it was written while the writer was getting throatfucked by Ohmori or something.
>>
>>29820388
He wanted to fuck her, clearly.
I would too desu dess
>>
>"(Ash) became so close with Froakie that when it evolved into Greninja it effectively became part of him... and yet somehow in the last 20 years Pikachu wasn't able to get THAT close to Ash. Suck on that Pikachu."

It's almost like Pikachu isn't fully evolved or something.
>>
I'm absolutely loving the game so far. The new Pokemon are great, and the music is pretty nice. The game's not all good, though.

My biggest issue is the pacing, the same issue from XY. The game just can't leave me the fuck alone for more than five minutes. There always has to be a cutscene or redirection, and all I want to do is fucking explore.

The Rotom dex is a minor issue, basically nothing at all, but it's obnoxious as hell and its unfunny comments after constant cutscenes drive me up the goddamn wall.
>>
>>29819745
Agreed. Gen 4 was fun and didn't have too much bullshit, besides SR Suicide leads everywhere. Which in a way I kind of liked.

Then gen 5 comes along and fucks it up with weather wars.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.