[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>4th evolutions >ultra powerfull moves >weird aliens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

>4th evolutions
>ultra powerfull moves
>weird aliens from another dimension tht behave exactly like pokémon

Thats it right? They are not gonna add more gimmicky shit in the next games right?RIGHT?
>>
>>29818543
Ultra Abilities
Neo Items
>>
>>29818543
>Gimmicks are bad
Z-Moves and UBs are some of the coolest shit Pokemon has done in years
Shut up
>>
>>29818570
Master Natures
>>
>>29818543
You wish nerd
INTRODUCING XYZ EVOLUTIONS
HELD IN ONE OF THE 4 NEW ITEM SLOTS
>>
>>29818600
100x better than megas.
Region forms are also cool. I'd love to see Sinnoh forms in the remake. Or Kanto forms.
>>
File: 1379984644933.jpg (11KB, 328x277px)
1379984644933.jpg
11KB, 328x277px
>Giga Battlefields
>Apply an OP field affect for the rest of the match
>Can be stacked with the opponent's
>>
>>29818641
Megas were a concept that could've been done right that was just fucking awful. The starters and things like ampharos were good concepts. They needed the buff that hidden abilities couldn't even give them because they were already stage 3's. Arguably Kangaskhan in its current state post-nerf is even fairgame.

Where they went wrong was giving megas to things like Salamence and Lucario. Where in the fresh fuck did salamence of all things need a buff
>>
>>29818697
They chose popular shit too duh
>>
>>29818543
A type changing gimmick
>>
>>29818645
>Final Fantasy Tactics Advance style gimmick
No. Not again. Never.
>>
>>29818600
>Z-Moves
What do you like about these? I just can't see any positives to them.
>UB
At least this one lets GF go all out with designs that they could never get away with if they were normal mons. For me it's still kind of jarring tho.
>>
>>29818543
>4th Evolutions
WHAT
>>
>>29818714
I know that they need to sell the concept but they kind of went fucking overboard. Kanto starters, Lucario and Mewtwo were enough.
>>
>>29818543
We had a thread about speculating on the Gen8 gimmick.

The best idea I saw was Double Mono Typed pokemon, or "Specialized" types. Basically, a pokemon that was, for example, Water/Water type. It would have x4 weakness to grass and electric, x.25 resistance to Fire, and would have x2.25 STAB (because it would get the x1.5 twice).

The thread immediately derailed into "Mega Arceus that is Normal/Normal with Adaptability."

It definitely seems like something plausible for them to add at this point. Alternatively, pokemon with no type at all, but abilities that give x1.5 damage to specific types of moves (like Iron Fists) in place of the normal STAB.
>>
File: 1384598_1402337781033_full.jpg (169KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1384598_1402337781033_full.jpg
169KB, 1252x1252px
>procedurally generated pokemon fusions that work just like that generator site that only last during the round

>Mega Charizinja X
>>
>>29818793
I personally love the concept of having ultra powerful moves that come with over the top animations that show how powerful they are.
And UBs are a bit out of place, but they're all I've wanted coming from Pokémon, finally accepting its JRPG roots and going all out.
>>
>>29818543
>>4th evolutions
What?

First I've heard of this.
>>
>>29818980
I think he means Megas
>>
>>29818955
So you love them for being eye candy? I think thats kind of shallow. At least megas fixed some pokemon, i can't see anyone using z-crystals over regular items.
>>
>>29819014
Jesus, man, what do you want?
You asked me for a reason for why I liked them and I gave it to you
I'm sorry i don't think the way you do
>>
>>29818543
To be fair, Megas are basically retconned at this point so it's not reasonable to continue complaining about them.

Oh, and you forgot Aloloa forms.
>>
>>29818600
Z-moves are quite literally nothing special.
>>
File: 1311391554976.jpg (222KB, 850x774px) Image search: [Google]
1311391554976.jpg
222KB, 850x774px
considering other monster collecting games the next step on gimmicks should be fusion.

Other ideas could be
>an extra equipment item that is visible in battle
>the synchro evolution that everyone was hyping up for SM
>a super bar that charges in battle that let you do something like an extra move, recover and some shit like that, think of an improved mega launcher
>4 on 4 battles
>6 on 6 battles
>trainer skills that affect all your team someway
>>
>>29819277
Actually they ARE special if you use a special attack as the base for the move >:^3c
>>
>>29819127
I'm sorry, i didn't want to sound like an ass. I guess there isn't much to think about then. It's okay, i love the fire one and Primarina's.
>>
>>29819247
What i'm worried about is that if we keep going like this we are gonna have a million mechanics that aren't fleshed out and it's gonna be a mess. I mean, how are they gonna shove in UB in the next game?
>>
>>29818894
>x4 STAB Extreme Speed
JESUS CHRIST NO
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.