[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Those S&M framerates on the original 3Ds FUCKING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 2

File: o3ds.jpg (63KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
o3ds.jpg
63KB, 620x350px
>Those S&M framerates on the original 3Ds

FUCKING UNPLAYABLE HOLY SHIT.
>>
>>29808148
I have a 2DS, am I fucked?
>>
>>29808148
Why the fuck do you still have an o3DS?
>>
>>29808205
I think I'm hopefully finally gonna upgrade to that Mario N3DS that's coming out for Black Friday
>>
>>29808205
it's really not worth the upgrade
>>
>>29808205
>ditching a current gen console for a teeny better one
(lol
>>
This affects the 3DS XL as well, right.

Shit, looks like I'm going to have to get a second-hand N3DS XL soon.
>>
>>29808148
They definitely patched in framerate fixes for XY since launch. It's a noticeable improvement. I can only imagine the game will be running smooth in a few patches.
>>
>>29808148
What are you implying m8?

Gamefreak is lazy and Pokemon runs shitty on all 3DS systems, it doesn't matter if you have a old or new 3DS.
>>
>>29808232

You won't get one and you know it.

Not because of laziness, but because of Big Bertha the Hamplanet and her brood getting 'me all before you do.
>>
>>29808178
Strangely, no.
Runs better than the demo.
First time getting choppy was in the Totem Wishiwashi fight with the Alomomola in the field and the rain.
Even then it was only when the camera did its turns showing all pokémon and my trainer at the same time.
>>
File: 1442864251005s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442864251005s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>29808311
It's def worse on the O3DS. Getting like 5fps in trials/totem battles.

>>29808232
>>29808313
eh really no point with the switch around the corner.
>>
>>29808373
The switch can't play 3ds games.
>>
>>29808313
Gonna have to camp outside department stores then.
I'm getting a fucking new 3DS no matter what
>>
>>29808426
Who cares S&M will get ported over to it anyway.
>>
>>29808456
>
Sure they will, buddy
>>
>>29808333
Wait you didn't get crazy slowdown during the Totem Raticate fight? I don't think there was a single point where that fight was above 10 fps with the Raticate alive.
>>
>>29808476
3DS will be dead once the switch drops.
Mark my words.
>>
please tell me I don't have to be forced to get a New 3DS

I mean, not that I mind one, but I ain't got enough money to purchase both the game and the console for a teensy power upgrade and my o3DS is still kicking, albeit a bit worn out
>>
>>29808148
I hope OP didn't buy XL thinking it's better than the regular one....
Or maybe I do. Sometimes dumbness must be retributed in some way
>>
>>29808507
Yeah I doubt that
>>
i have a new 3ds and i get heavy frame drops too
>>
>>29808520
It's not like the slowdown ACTUALLY makes the game unplayable. It's a god damned turn based rpg for fuck sakes. It's just really fucking annoying when a giant Z-power button on the screen cuts the framerate in half for no apparent reason.
>>
>>29808553
The PeeU is gonna die too.
>>
>>29808148
FUCK. Lost my n3ds in my house and currently am stuck with o3ds. How fucked am I?!
>>
>>29808588
That's because the Wii U under performed. The 3DS is still hanging in there
>>
>>29808503
and running with tauros, doble battles, battle royale, moving on cities... it's the worst performance game on 3ds
>>
>>29808603
Doesn't matter.
The Switch is a hybrid that will replace both the WiiU and the 3Ds.
>>
>>29808601
Not that fucked if you go look for it.
>>
>>29808333
Huh, I guess the 2DS is the DS masterrace after all.
>>
>>29808443
>Not being Nintenshill enough to buy the Solgaleo/Lunala Special Edition N3DSXL
>>
>>29808205
>supporting companies making halfgen consoles
it's almost like you like being cucked or something
>>
>>29808148
As a poor college student I really hope I don't have to buy a n3ds to enjoy this game.
At this point, pokemon is all I really play on the 3ds and didn't really mind the issues with XY and ORAS. I feel like it would be a money waste for one or two games, with switch around the corner.

Haven't had time to play the demo and see for myself.
I hope I don't have to upgrade.
>>
>>29808654
Oh god, the battle royale was awful.
>>
>>29808205
I can't justify spending another $150+ on a slightly upgraded model.
>>
>>29808641
I'm aware about it but I don't think they will immediately discontinue the 3DS once the Switch launches. Maybe in 2018
>>
>>29808654
I've searched underneath couches and their cushions, in coat pockets, (even though I don't take it anywhere with me) in closets, places I usually put it, etc.

I've scoured my entire house.

pls help
>>
>>29808958
What are you talking about?

Also, aren't the original 3DS's easier to hack or something?
>>
>>29809142
>Also, aren't the original 3DS's easier to hack or something?

No it all depends on the firmware
>>
>>29808686
#Team2DS
>>
holy crap this whole thread...

you guys do realize that the game runs THE SAME on whatever fucking 3ds/2ds you are playing?

Only if you have a n3ds with cfw and are able to increase the clock rate it will run smoother...

ITS LIKE THIS EVERYTIME!!! HOLY MOLY!!
Come visit /hbg/ and maybe you'll learn a thing or two
>>
>>29809809
Incorrect. I played the demo on my old XL and got shitty frame rate from the Totem Battle. My friend experienced no such choppyness on the New 3DS in the totem battle. It's true you can overstock your 3ds with cfw but some newer 3DS games do take advantage of the new 3DS' hardware a bit and it's looking like S/M is one of them.
>>
>>29810507
Overclock*. Typo sorry
>>
>>29808148
It's still kinda shit on n3DS
>>
>>29808503
Nope. the only other issue has been with Tauros charging on brown grass.
Only on the brown one, for some reason.
>>
Wait for Pokemon: Eclipse for the Nintendo Switch (TM).
>>
Any way this is because it isnt on an actual cartridge?
>>
Loving the 10 second loading time between attacks
>>
>>29808148
I only got fps lag on totem battles
>>
>>29812006
>He didn't disable battle effects
>>
Does removing outlines help with frame rate? I'm playing Sun on O3DS.
>>
>>29812038
except i did
>>
>>29808278
for real ? with the switch coming om 2017 ?!
>>
>>29812131
I don't give two shits about Nintendo consoles outside of Pokemon games.
>>
>>29808616
Worse than Hyrule Warriors on o3DS?
>>
>>29808278
Well, the O3DS XL is just as powerful as the regular sized one. In any case, the game most likely runs the same in both but it looks worse in the XL because everything gets stretched to fit the larger screens.
>>
Better than Citra
the only problems I had was the lag input in the totem battles
nothing else so far
>>
>>29809129
Yeah. I believe they have stated that they won't be discontinuing the 3DS once the Switch comes out. Of course, they said the same thing about the GBA when the DS came out, and it was the same about the DS when the 3DS came out.

They probably want to see how well the Switch sells. If it somehow manages to do well (which I doubt), then I can see it replacing the 3DS. If not, they will probably announce a new handheld and discontinue the 3DS in 2018
>>
>>29812418
>If it somehow manages to do well (which I doubt)

It'll all about the price. If they manage to sell it at the same price as the 3DS it'll do better than it guaranteed.

If it goes at home console price it'll do worse.

>>29812297
Well you get 5-10 fps and input lag during >>29808616

It is still playable unlike Hyrule Warriors on o3DS but annoying.
>>
>>29808205
it is stupid to buy a new3ds. And the 3ds is basicly dead with no new3ds exclusived.
>>
It feels like if they'd not fucking render trainer models during damn multibattles there'd be less issues. as for totems, oh well.
>>
So if my original 3DS was able to play the demo just fine, I should be good with the full game right? I saw very brief stutters but they didn't slow down the game to a crawl. I'm going physical if that matters.
>>
>>29808278
>>29812352
fuck. I ain't buying a new 3DS especially with switch in the future
>>
>>29808148

The framerates are still bad on n3DS'

It's simply the engine that fucked, and its no surprise consider Gamefreak made it.
>>
>>29812887
its a nintendo game.. and pokemon at that, they know 90% of their market will have the original(if not a bigger margin of em)
itll run fine with a few moments of lag
>>
>>29812887
>I should be good with the full game right?
The battle royale is a crawl.
Occasionally you'll have weirdly long load times for some battle turns.
The pokefinder ran better than what I remember from the drmo.
Otherwise it played the same as the demo for me.
>>
>>29813042
Clearly they intend to have an HD Remaster version for Switch with Triple and Rotation battles added back in. Expect it to be out next November.
>>
hows 2ds like?
>>
>games look lackluster as fuck
>pokemon are slow as dirt
>handholding out the ass
>doesn't run well on the 3DS XL

I might just stop playing at this point, I'm not buying a slightly upgraded handheld just to play pokemon anymore.
>>
>>29813513
Does it also have glitches and microtransactions as well?
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.