[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RIP Nintendo, their schemes will be revealed with the upcomi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0667_1.jpg (106KB, 1024x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0667_1.jpg
106KB, 1024x384px
RIP Nintendo, their schemes will be revealed with the upcoming release of Sun and Moon. No longer will people not notice the fact the Nintendo ships New 3DS's with a 50% 50% chance of an IPS or TN top screen. Lawsuits and blame will be thrown everywhere and the pokemon franchise will... not change at all because we all known Nintendo doesn't give a shit.

Sauce:

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2zo0md/the_difference_between_ips_and_tn_screens_on_a/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=156553933&postcount=286
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=156855835
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-tn-and-ips-displays-which-does-my-3ds-have.409925/
>>
>>29807875
Are they still doing this?
I thought they stopped.
>>
pokemon
>>
>>29807898
They're still doing it within certain demographics where they know they can get away with it, as well as screen fixes in refurbs.
>>
how can I tell which panel I got
>>
>>29807875
Is IPS the better kind?
>>
>>29807898
>I thought they stopped
Nope, in fact, now most of the new galaxy n3ds have TN screens.
>>
>>29807875
>not wanting better battery life on a HANDHELD
>>
Literally who gives a shit
>>
>>29807997
IPS and TN each have their own advantages and disadvantages

IPS: Better color clarity, slower response time, shitty darks/blacks - Negatively affects Pokemon Moon

TN: Good blacks, good response time, better battery life, shitty color clarity - Negatively affects Pokemon Sun
>>
>>29808049
TN also has shitty viewing angles compared to IPS
>>
File: 1474308854429.jpg (403KB, 1024x2101px) Image search: [Google]
1474308854429.jpg
403KB, 1024x2101px
>>29807943
I live in a low income area. My local hardtop probably has the bad ones then.
>>
>>29807875
The difference is really fucking subtle even when the consoles are side by, and nobody plays their 3DS at ridiculous angles like that so the wash out there is hardly an issue.

They should just ship them all with IPS, I agree, but if you get a TN it's hardly the end of the world. It's still a fucking 240p screen and a marginally better panel isn't going to salvage it.
>>
>>29808088
*gamestop
>>
>>29807875
Got a top IPS and bottom TN, it seems.
>>
>>29807991
seems like a big problem then
>>
>>29807991
See the links OP posted or just google it faggot
>>
k so I have a o3ds with 2 TN panel and a n3ds with 2 IPS panel... and side by side I really can't tell much of a difference. This problem seems to be something for people that need something to complain about
>>
>>29808348
Change your home theme to black and take another look. IPS will actually be black and TN is a washed out grey. It's a really stark contrast and makes me feel like I'm playing on the shitty screens of my o3ds
>>
>>29807875
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>29808492
I checked it with 3dsident (which is basically pure black) and couldn't tell much of a difference
>>
>>29808567
OP picture is what I see from a head on angle. I get the feeling a lot of it has to do with the backlight, but I'm glad you aren't bothered by it. Has annoyed me since the first day I turned on my original 3ds.
>>
>>29808810
Man, I remember turning on the 3DS for the first time and noticing the screen was absolute dogshit compared to that of the DSi, it was an incredible disappointment. I'm considering getting a New 3DS because from what I saw in the shop these new screens look as colourful as the DSi screens again (and in general as well, it just looks and feels like a DSi), but then again it's a lot of money for something I probably won't use that much. Why do they always only make the matte editions with good screens only at the end of the console's life?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.