[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk about Fallers. Based on in-game text, Fallers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Looker in the Megaverse.jpg (68KB, 500x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Looker in the Megaverse.jpg
68KB, 500x1027px
Let's talk about Fallers.

Based on in-game text, Fallers are characters from the Gen 3-5 universe (the "previous universe") that were thrust into the Gen 6-Gen 7 universe (the "Megaverse"), likely by the same power that caused the UBs to be forced into the world from Ultra Space. At least two Fallers have been placed in significant positions in the International Police.

Anabel is most definitely a Faller, and now a high-ranking member of Interpol.
Looker is almost definitely a Faller, because the way he washed up on the Battle Resort with no memory matches the description provided of Fallers. He was also already in Interpol in Gen 4 and 5, and likewise claimed to be in Interpol in XY.
Grimsley probably isn't a Faller.
Colress COULD be a Faller, but there isn't much evidence to suggest it.
All the other characters are almost certainly straight from the Megaverse versions of their regions (Red, Blue, Wally, Cynthia).

It's very likely that future games will expand upon this concept.
Could there be other Fallers?
How exactly were they forced from their original universe?
Does this have anything to do with the technology used to create the Link Cable in ORAS?
Will we see Fallers from the Gen 1 and Gen 2 universe?
WILL IT ALL COME TOGETHER?
>>
>>29805045
So, can we assume Red and Blue became champions at the same age they were in the original games? How old is Oak supposed to be now that Red and Blue Green grew up.Is he dead?
>>
File: timeline2.jpg (143KB, 1323x420px) Image search: [Google]
timeline2.jpg
143KB, 1323x420px
>>29805045
Are we assuming this general timeline?
>>
How does Hoopa fit into all of this?
>>
Cyrus is a faller in some Diamond and Pearl retcon. Just watch
>>
>>29805282

>1 year between Gen 4 and Gen 5

The foreign Rocket Grunt in HGSS had enough time to go back, get married, and have a school aged kid. Caitlin also went from being a young girl to an adult.

It's 5 years at minimum.
>>
But how does this work with Mohn? He comes from the Megaverse.
>>
>>29806931
The Mohn you see is not the same Mohn, but rather he exchanged places with a never previously met counterpart of himself. I wouldn't be surprised if they give him official artwork that has gen 1 look, down to faux-watercolors.
>>
File: jerryboree_application_form.png (32KB, 400x566px) Image search: [Google]
jerryboree_application_form.png
32KB, 400x566px
>>29806931

It's possible to go into Ultra Space and end up back in in your original world. Lusamine, Guzma, Lillie, and MC all pulled it off.

Or he could just be another world's Mohn.
>>
>>29807041
MC, Lillie, Lusamine and Guzma aren't Fallers because they didn't lose their memories. Mohn fits the Faller archetype because he lost his memories after returning from Ultra Space.
>>
>>29806931
Because OP is full of shit. Looker is from mega universe too, he carried a megastone in ORAS.

>muh Battle tower from gen 3
Battle tower and Battle frontier were built in the mega universe too, even if were not finished during ORAS.
Mega universe Looker was a police in the SS Anne, he was "abducted" and appeared in Hoenn.
Mega universe Anabel was a Battle frontier ace in Hoenn, she was 2abducted" and appeared in Alola.
Mega universe Mohn was a scientist, he was "abducted" and appeared in poke pelago islands.
>>
>>29807087
>MC is not a faller
Wrong

>"And now you’re repeating history. You’ve got a Faller right here, haven’t you? That’s right, boy. I’m talking about you."

Fallers are defined by move to another world.
In Pokemon Sun, MC went from Sun universe to Moon universe, Looker, Anabel and Mohn went from Moon universe to Sun universe

In Pokemon Moon, MC went from Moon universe to Sun universe, Looker, Anabel and Mohn went from Sun universe to Moon universe
>>
File: 1473878948910.png (193KB, 981x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1473878948910.png
193KB, 981x1031px
I think we've got a decent theory of Pokemon cosmology now.

>Ultra Space is a "baseline" or some sort of border world running parallel to all the Standard Worlds. It is inhabited by Pokemon called ultra beasts that are like, but highly distinct from even the strangest standard Pokemon.
>Each standard world was created by an Arceus/Giratina/Dialga/Palkia set who are intrinsically bound to said world and considered "normal" to it.
>Distortion Worlds exist as shadows to their standard counterparts and maintain their stability.
>Standard worlds generally follow the same timeline. Geography and life forms, including individuals, are very similar regardless of major historical events having different outcomes.
>People and Pokemon are capable of entering Ultra Space and exiting into a different world. Severe memory loss can affect some of these humans, known as Fallers, but not all of them.
>Known major worlds are Mega and Non-Mega. Different versions also appear to be distinct worlds, as is RBY-GSC.

The unknown:
>Origin of Arceus.
>Consequences of Distortion World failure
>How outer space and extraterrestrial Pokemon relate to all of this
>Cause of Faller amnesia.
>True scope and nature of Ultra Space. Are the ultra beasts and even Solgaleo/Lunala just average by its standards? What is Necrozma?
>How do some ultra beasts reach the standard world before the Aether Foundation's interference?
>>
>>29808626
Breddy gud, saved
>>
>>29808626
Ultra Space is link cables connecting different cartridges?
>>
>>29809640
Uh...
>>
>>29809694
Not literally, but the connection between similar versions of compatible universes.
>>
>>29807193
>>29807371
While that does make sense, it doesn't make sense that Anabel uses the same Battle Theme she used in Emerald, instead of the remix found in ORAS. The same for all the other characters; they used their old themes instead of new ones.
>inb4 GF is just lazy, find a better excuse.
>>
Oh god,about Zinnia...

What is Aster is a faller and Zinnia watched her fall through and failed to save her?
>>
>>29805045
>Colress COULD be a Faller, but there isn't much evidence to suggest it.
what if he's so obsessed with bringing out the true potential of pokemon to fight the UBs
>>
>>29805045
I know we all love Pokemon, but guys this is going too far. We are talking about a simple kid's game here that decided to utilise previous characters for chameos and as a nice joke, but talking as if there was a big universe similar to the Marvel universe and the multiverse is fucking insane.
>>
>>29810145
Did you play ORAS and the Delta Episode?

Maybe you should.
>>
>>29810145
>Game Freak can't put effort into their stories
>>
>>29809934
>implying I need a excuse
>implying that was an argument
Battle frontier was a Emerald thing, so a Battle frontier ace use that Emerald theme, that's all. How you explain that megastone in Looker's pockets?
>>
>>29810243
I did, it was poorly told and felt totally attached. You guys are acting as if GF thought of this huge universe with the beginning of the series, but it's laughable, even this re-use character her and there crap. That's cheap storytelling 101, even Hollywood wouldn't resort to it when making a movie or a move franchise. But I'll let you guys play, if it makes you happy.
>>
>>29810531
Wow, big words there buddy. I only asked if you played the games, which state there's a different universe. Whether that means they wrote something good or not, I don't give a shit. I'm stating facts.
>>
>>29810422
The battle frontier project was starting in ORAS, and there's even a remix of the old version in the game files. There was no need to use the old version, period.

>He is washed up shore, and is soaking wet when the player found him. A woman brought him to her cottage to dry himself up. At the cottage, he gives the player the Audinite.

We don't know what happened prior to that, so I can't explain it.
>>
>>29810745
That remix was unused, so you can't use it as argument. Canonically speaking there's only one Battle frontier theme, so Anabel use that theme.

>We don't know what happened prior to that, so I can't explain it.
OK, you already lose, you have no argument.
>>
>>29810832
>unused
Whoops, I'm wrong here. Next response
That theme is used by battle chatelaines, not frontier ace. Anabel isn't a chatelain, why she would use that theme?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.