[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's face it. How many of you hate the game? How many of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 1478243784386.jpg (11KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478243784386.jpg
11KB, 249x249px
Let's face it. How many of you hate the game?
How many of you have even played it? It doesn't seem too awful, from what I've seen. Is most of /vp/ just shitposting?
>>
Aside from the leaks I've seen and I don't know about the story, I am still looking forward to playing it. The obvious shit like Team Aether being evil was easy to spot, and from what I've seen Gladion seems to be the rival people wanted. So it looks good so far and it looks fun.
>>
Haven't personally played it, but it honestly looks like a solid game. Story and characters are great, and I personally like the new pokemon even though most of them are pretty much shit competitively.

Lack of a bigger postgame sucks, of course, but it's what you should expect in this age of bullshit kids and their apps or whatever. I've heard there's alot of handholding though, which is pretty unnecessary, and that the games are actually pretty linear.

All in all, from someone who hasn't played it, looks like a 7/10.
>>
>>29795943
it's easy as all games but the little things, the story, all better than gen 5 including characters and moving moments

the elite 4 are a joke and i hope they do have rematch teams
>>
>>29795943
I only dislike the lack of triples. Everything else seems cool even if the stats are all sorts of bonkers.
>>
There's lots of good stuff and lots of annoying stuff as well.

It's good but flawed. Definitely more enjoyable than gen 6 but still not amazing.
>>
>>29796275
They do, but it's low sixties. However, since you're the first champion of the region, you can make autistic themed teams around that level while you defend your title from other trainers. There was a reason you sit on the throne and Kukui isn't listed as champ.
>>
File: wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg (145KB, 510x755px) Image search: [Google]
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
145KB, 510x755px
>>29795943
>Is most of /vp/ just shitposting?
>>
Vocal minority. The guy who made this poll like a day ago started here with a shitposting thread. He then moved it to /v/ in order to get numbers when that didn't work in his favor. Not saying that people can't have their gripes, different opinions, or be dissatisfied, but this place is somewhat of an echo chamber around this time.
http://www.strawpoll.me/11608733/r
>>
I'm at the third island and I think it's amazing. I love the music and the sense of immersion of the landscapes. The story is interesting enough. There is a real sense of open world now. The only thing I don't like is the lag during 2+ battles and against totem. I love the general freshness of the games. Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but the story seems longer than oras, which I played a week before the leak and I finished it in around 10 hours (first time I playdd the story, no post game), while this is taking me now 13 hours and I'm still at almost hald the story.
>>
From the demo alone I realized how absolutely boring it is, it was then I figured I probably won't be getting SM. The info dump that came with leaked Moon cia put the final nail in the coffin of my interest.

Though even if I don't intend to play it I'll be looking out for a cheap used copy out of obligation, since I have almost every main Pokémon game and at this point I can't just stop.
>>
>>29795943
About to go to the second island. Here are my thoughts:

>It's linear, but it's the beginning of the game. You do a full loop around the island and wind up back at your house by the time you beat Hala, so for me that's kinda clever design without going about the ORAS way of teleporting you or forcing you to backtrack through shitmon territory.
>Tons of places to revisit later. There's little places off of most routes to explore like 10 Carat Hill and the Cemetary. Some are closed off the first time through, so you'll have to go back later when you get what's needed to explore. Makes it more fun. One spot actually surprised me. Found a whole cave system in a flower patch for Oricorio and got a Zubat and Alolan Diglett there.
>Lots of good variety in Pokemon. Early game ghosts. There's a few times you may not even have much to throw at a pokemon early on to fight it. It keeps you on your toes.
>Trainers tend to have just one pokemon. This IS the early game, but even after Ilima's challenge you still fight trainers with 1 mon. Some are a bit tough, and it isn't just the same pokemon over and over. There are exceptions to the 1 pokemon team, but it's the majority.
>Ace trainers are assholes. They have a Red card ace trainer who sets up Stealth Rock. I still beat him but fuck that guy.
>Battles are sllllllloooooooooooooow. The health ticks down in the same time whether you OHKO or they were at 1 HP. Pokeballs take forever to shake, and the Pokedex registration takes time. You even get asked each time if you want to send it to the PC and put the held item in your bag, and you end up just mashing B. Not a big deal but I can play it for half an hour and feel like I haven't accomplished much.
>Pokemon locations. So the island isn't big but has a shitload of Pokemon, and that's really cool. But the pokedex locator is kind of annoying. In the sense that it tells you the literal patches of grass because the map isn't very intuitive. (Cont.)
>>
>>29796970
Cont.

>There isn't anything indicating rarity or if they are time of day based, so it just feels like you get less information than in like Gen 5 or 6. Just feels like a step back.
>Exp system is mixed. I like that it helps my weaker mons catch up faster to the stronger mons, but grinding to make certain mons useful is a pain. Caught an Abra and evolved it only for it to not learn Confusion until a higher level. By that point it was a higher level than my other Pokemon and grinding it up was slow even while catching other mons and going about my business. I eventually benched it for Zubat, who dies to a stuff breeze and whose absorb does dick all. And it's slow to do switch grinding on him because he's not that far behind. I could leave EXP share on but it's been over leveling Rowlet and Trumbeak and I'd rather raise them myself. It makes for a better leveling system for a challenge, but fuck if I can't grind to get good moves on these mons.
>QUICK ATTACK AND HYPNOSIS KEEP MISSING AND I KEEP GETTING FLINCHLOCKED. STOP FUCKING CHEATING GAMEFREAK.
>Game's definitely handholdy and constantly involving the plot and important characters. It reminds me more of Black and White than X and Y, but I know some anons hated the plot's inteusiveness on both. I find it nice and charming, but it seems like a Nuzlocke would be aggravating unless you went full story RPG with it. You have dialogue options to be a dick even.
>you get a lot of money early on, like 35,000. But it's because there's a clothing store and haircut place and the costs rack up quickly. If that's not your bag, you can stock up on Pokeballs. You'll need them to catch everything. Other than that, game heals your Pokemon and hands you items like revives early on. It's a marginally more difficult game, but it takes care to keep you from feeling you need stuff.

All in all, good game so far, just kinda slow. Very cinematic though. Should make for a good experience.
>>
>>29796866
As someone who hated the demo, the game itself is great. Just beat the last kahuna.
>>
>>29797002
Oh also, it's not just totem pokemon that call for backup. This make battles either a bit more fun or a bit more annoying. After the third Caterpie gets called up, you really want to murder that +6 defense Metapod with the Pokemon you're grinding up.
>>
>>29796544
>You get to defend your title

Holy fuck, are you serious? I've wanted either this or being able to become Gym Leader since Gen 1.
>>
>>29797104
Someone confirm pls I need to know if this is real
>>
File: 1478720905502.png (236KB, 1904x708px) Image search: [Google]
1478720905502.png
236KB, 1904x708px
>>29797295
I think the thread is gone, but here's some of the dialogue. Spoilering just because.
>>
>>29797313
Holy fuck I love this so much

This just made S/M the best pokemon games ever for me

Thanks anon
>>
>>29795943
>Is most of /vp/ just shitposting?

I honestly can't tell if /vp/ likes Pokemon or not half of the time given that anyone who likes a Generation is called a

>Genwunners
>Johtoddlers
>Hoennbabies
>Sinnohfetuses
>Unovabortions
>Kaloshitter

Not sure about that last one.

They'll probably be calling people Alolanuses or something by the end of the month,
>>
The early game is weird. Tons of ghost and dark types, for some reason.
>>
File: ray ray.png (4MB, 1867x1853px) Image search: [Google]
ray ray.png
4MB, 1867x1853px
Things mostly ignored or unimportant are what have me hype:
>Better customization
>Finding bros and learning to love whatever pulls me through the game
>Cute/funny dialogue
>Trainers being visible during battle
>Pokemon refresh
>>
>>29797366
It's Kalosperms and Alolameobas.
>>
I'm playing it and it's okay but it's also not much of an improvement over any of the recent titles or anything
Guaranteed I'm dropping it once I finish the story
Rest of the game is just becoming more of a convoluted mess of mechanics and pokemon that drove me away in the first place
>>
>>29797366
It's Kalosperms and Alolasomes.
>>
>>29797378
>better customization
>we removed female options because males didn't have enough
>>
>>29797378
>>>Better customization
So was I until I realized they completely gutted it. It's arguably worse than XY customization.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.