[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't think Gamefreak could do it. An entire batch of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 190
Thread images: 22

File: vp.png (606KB, 1088x612px) Image search: [Google]
vp.png
606KB, 1088x612px
I didn't think Gamefreak could do it. An entire batch of unviable shitmons. The games themselves may be good but the pokemon are absolutely abhorrent in terms of stats. There is absolutely no reason to use these pokemon over something that can do their jobs completely better. Guess I have no choice but to move to VGC. Thanks for killing singles GF.
>>
>>29794928
>Wah GF introduced all shitmons

>Not realizing Alolan shitmons will be competing with Alolan shitmons
>>
>>29795019
this, Alola doesn't have a league, of course their mon are gonna be subpar compared to other regions.
>>
>>29795019
This, you'll be playing against other shitmons until January.
>>
>>29795058
As soon as January hits, Salazzle and Lycanroc-Day will be the only alolan mons above PU.
>>
File: complete-alola-pokedex.jpg (710KB, 3226x3226px) Image search: [Google]
complete-alola-pokedex.jpg
710KB, 3226x3226px
>>29795058
>>29795086
What if tournaments only allow Alolan native Pokedex?
>>
>>29794928
>Guess I have no choice but to move to VGC.

If you're playing Smogon tiers in 2017 and not VGC you're wrong
>>
>>29795086
Ok, you are SO wrong it isn't even funny
>>
>>29795163
You're right maybe some might land in NU at most and Rimbombee has surprisingly ok stats.
>>
File: Mareanie.jpg (74KB, 540x383px) Image search: [Google]
Mareanie.jpg
74KB, 540x383px
>>29795086

Not when this line exists.
>>
Alolan Dugtrio actually looks like a really good candidate for VGC sand teams
>>
>>29794928
They didn't make this game with your cult in mid, they made this for VGC

This whole gen is made for VGC players
>>
File: 1476974817157.png (404KB, 439x588px) Image search: [Google]
1476974817157.png
404KB, 439x588px
>>29795123
>more gen 1 Pokemon in SM than there are new Pokemon
>>
Overall it seems GF wants players to be more experimental this time around with the pokemon.
>>
>>29795058
You can just run the good older mons that are in the game until January.
>>
>>29795234
>be experimental
>most have sub 70 speed with low tier defenses
Most of the alolan pokedex dies in one super effective hit.
>>
File: extreme meme.png (3MB, 1795x1656px) Image search: [Google]
extreme meme.png
3MB, 1795x1656px
>>29794928
Will competitivefags ever be BTFO harder than they were with SM? The butthurt is delicious.
>>
>>29795086
>Toxapex
>Golisopod
>Silvally
>All of the UBs except Guzzlord
>Magearna
>the Tapus
>Marshadow
>Minior
>Kommo-o
>Mimikyu
>>
File: 1450425781953.jpg (25KB, 341x339px) Image search: [Google]
1450425781953.jpg
25KB, 341x339px
>>29795333
>he thinks golisopod and silvally are gonna be good
>>
>>29795383
>Silvally
>one of 2 Pokemon with access to Parting Shot, along with the option to change its type
>not good
>Golisopod
>takes literally no damage from anything that isn't super effective, and its signature is a better Extreme Speed
>not good
>>
>>29795383
>135 BP Fake out that hits any type coming off 125 Base atk
>120BP Leech Life
>Great Bulk and solid Coverage

Golisopod will almost certainly be good. Not even the existence of Phsychic Terrain is stopping that fake out equivalent from beingg a powerhouse move,

>Dazzling/Queenly Majesty
It's super effective vs both Tsareena and Bruxish.
>>
>>29795216
You notice this real, real bad when you play the game. In every new area, for each alolan pokemon you find there are like 6 old ones
>>
>>29795455
95 in every stat is the definition of a little above average. Wasting an item slot to change his type is what really hurts him.
>>
>>29795477
the kalos dilemma. I hate clogged up regions.
>>
Who fucking cares about competitive Pokemon
>>
They did this because the next generation is on console, now nobody will moan about not being able to transfer these Gen 7's because they suck so much nobody wants them
>>
File: (40KB, 640x423px) Image search: [Google]
40KB, 640x423px
>singles
>>
What's crazy is Game Freak created the first Pokemon that can literal do nothing in battle: Cosmog and Cosmoem.
>>
>>29795520
Even then, Normal type isn't particularly bad, especially when it gets the best utility move in the game and access to every "basic" elemental move (Flamethrower and the like) and Draco Meteor
>>
>>29795592
>What are Magikarp and Metapod
>>
>>29795627
They can actually learn attacking moves.
>>
>>29795642
Metapod can't.
>>
>>29795673
And if it evolved from a Caterpie, anon?
>>
>>29795283
It's only smogfags. VGCfags are really damn happy with most of the new shit.
>>
>>29795627
Magikarp and Metapod are capable of learning attacks.

The entire move pool for those two is Splash, Teleport, and Cosmic Power.
>>
>>29794928
Lets see.

>Decidueye
RU. Bulky defogger that doesn't have the usual rock weakness. Can hurt things too.
>Inciniroar
RU/BL3. Bulkier than lando-t after with intimidate and wisp. Hits decently hard, can do surprise overheats.
>Primarina
UU. Scald, its special defence and its typing assure it that much.
>Toucannon
RU at worst. Its signature move is an actually honest to god good two turn move, given it does something in the off turn that's worthwhile, and it hits hard. Comparable to braviary, which is RU.
>Gumshoos
Yeah PU, but possibly good there. Stakeout off 110 attack is no joke, for PU at least.
>Vikavolt
No idea, but it would be too strong for PU, where it could use agility once and go for a nice little sweep.
>Crabominable
lol
>Oricorio
If they split the forms, which they will, this is basically a better vivillion. Viv is NU. NU at worst.
>Ribombee
Super fast fairy with almost 100 special attack and u-turn, quiver dance be damned because its that frail, UU.
>Lycanroc sun
RU/UU. Basically a worse aerodactyl, it doesn't hit nearly hard enough for accelrock to be a hugely defining trait, and is sorely lacking a good ability as its already fast (sand rush is useless) and the other two are just ass.
>Lycanroc moon
lol
>Wishiwashi
Inverse darm-z, RU/UU
>Toxapex
OU as FUCK. Ferrothorn 2, the britney spears edition.
>Mudsdale
A worse hippowdon. RU/UU
>Araqunid
Why did they even bother.
>Lurantis
Hilariously slow, PU/NU and fairly good there as a bulky grass that can hit hard and/or snowball. Hopefully it gets superpower with tutors eventually.
>Shiinotic
Amoongus, but worse. Wherever amoongus is, this will be a tier below it.
>Salazzle
Nice. Fast, has nasty plot and good coverage. Can tox heatran.

Cont.

>>29795592
They have twice and thrice the amount of moves of unown respectively.

>>29795771
Tons of the new pokemon are really interesting for doubles but I don't think outside the really good ones they'll make much of an impact.
>>
>>29795771
I don't really play vgc that much anymore, but while I certainly see more options than for the Smogon metagame, I honestly don't think VGC fags have it much better.
>>
>>29795477
>>29795537
Clogged up?

Speaking of clogged up, there's over 800 Pokemon now yeah? Most (normal) people jumped ship at Gen III-IV when it came to bothering to remember Pokemon and their respective evolutions.

Fuck the stigma that we NEED a plethora of new Pokemon in a generation to define it as such. I love new Pokemon, and I'm glad when we get competitively viable ones, or at least stylistically interesting ones, but honestly? People bitching about "not enough" when we have hundreds already?
>>
>>29795592

What a waste. I was looking forward to what Cosmog could do in LC, and it can't do a damn thing.
>>
>>29795265
>>29795058
What happens in January?
>>
>>29795848
Toucannon's signature isn't 2 turns
at the start of the turn it heats the beak and it does the attack at the end
>>
>>29795923
Pokebank becomes available.
>>
>>29795455
>>29795520
>>29795613
You're both retarded.

The real hero is Eviolite Type: Null
>>
>>29795465
It's not a Fake Out - it can only be used on the first turn, but it doesn't flinch. If it did he'd be amazing, as is he's only ok and will probably be stuck in UU.
>>
File: unknown.png (1MB, 1892x2552px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
1MB, 1892x2552px
>>29794928
>>
>>29794928
>the games themselves may be good

they're not
>>
>>29795972
I dunno about Xurkitree. I mean, it has an astronomical special attack stat, but really nothing else
>>
>>29795848
>Bewear
Fluffy is a good ability. UU at worst, imo. Hits hard and tanks hits like a champ.
>Tsareena
It gets rapid spin for whatever reason, NU/RU if only because of that coupled with its offence.
>Comfey
Leech Seed/Calm Mind/Sub/Draining Kiss
RU
>Oanguru
NU/PU, setup for days and passable bulk and ok coverage, still a slow psychic type.
>Passimian
Why. Why 80. Why.
PU/NU
>Golisopod
First glance makes me think slaking/regigigas situation but it has enough viable priority to actually use its ability to its advantage, RU/UU.
>Pallosand
Its sorta like claydol with a far better type but no rapid spin. I see it being on par with it there, so NU.
>Pyuku
Ditto tier meme. Viable everywhere but PU.
>Type;Null
E V I O L I T E
Shit movepool though. RU/UU
>Silvally
People really underestimate what a fairy type with 95 in everything, a good reliable physical move and parting shot can do. OU.
>Minior
Anywhere from PU to UU I have no idea could go either way.
>Komala
Spinner, shit bulk, but hits hard for some reason. 115 attack that the fuck. PU, but great there.
>Turtonator
Its uh.
Really bad. NU, only dragon there.
>Togedemaru
PU with all its buddies, but arguably the second best pikaclone next to emolga.
>mimikyu
Tentative OU. Can burn, paralyse or tox anything it wants for free. That's valuable.
>Bruxish
The tier below sharpedo, because that's what it is.
>Drampa
OU
Hits hard as fuck, ability helps it to hit harder, has coverage out the fucking ass, like absolutely ridiculous coverage what the fuck. UU at worst. Issue is its meme slow, but trick room teams finally have something that can be truly threatening with just 1-3 turns of trick room.
>Dhelmise
Another spinner, decent bulk, hits hard. Definitely going to give trevanent and decidueye a run for their money, NU/RU

Cont.

>>29795931
oh? That's even better then.
>>
>>29796001
>Turtonator
>really bad
>>
>>29795996
And Tail Glow.
>>
>>29796030
Yeah, but it's gonna need to live a turn to set up Tail Glow

and its speed isn't very good
>>
>>29796001
>Kommo-o
OU as fuck if not ubers.
-Good speed for dragon dance
-Good attack for dragon dance
-Dragon dance
-Good bulk
-High powered spammable STAB moves that don't lock it in.
-Can cover STABs resists in one move, poison jab here.
-Three abilities that allow it to switch in on immunities.
-Special attack high enough for draco meteor or fire blast.
-Belly drum for memes.
-Dragon tail for memes.
X4 fairy weak meme at me all you want but its going to be the defining force of alola.
>Tapu Koko
Not as good as everyone was predicting but still cancer. OU
>Tapu Lele
Same as above
>Tapu Bulu
Hits too hard for UU. BL
>Tapu Fini
UU, Its bulky, doesn't hit too hard but its ability means it can't spread status like it wants to. Lame.

Rest are fucking ridiculous and I don't feel like going through them.

>>29796025
Shit HP low offences bad movepool and memeslow, can't even shell smash well.
>>
>>29796047
It obliterates anything slower, just like Hoopa U. Sure Hoop could go mixed but Tail Glow achieves basically the same thing. And this thing is faster.
>>
>>29796001
Pyuku is gonna be terrible. Like this is almost gen 2 Wobbuffet levels of bad.
>>
>>29796066
No good fighting STAB
Problematic weaknesses
Merely decent attack stat and no offensive abilities

It's pretty much an objectively worse DDer than Dragonite, and possibly Salamence, so no it won't be OU. UU at best.
>>
>>29795881
>thinking its okay to see the same old pokemon over and over again
No doubt genwunners ruined the only chance at seeing games with regional pokedex full of new pokemon and even if that was a "bad idea", a regional dex should at least have a good balance between old and new pokemon.
>>
>>29795945
Type: Null doesn't get Parting Shot
>>
>>29796001

Mimikyu and Drampa are my OU dream team. With Mimikyu being immune to Drampa's Fighting and Dragon weaknesses, and Drampa being immune to Mimikyu's Ghost weakness, the only weaknesses left between them are to Steel, Ice and Fairy, which are handily covered by Toxapex.

Unfortunately that last one leaves a few new weaknesses unchecked, but it's definitely the first core I'm going to be trying out.
>>
File: 1478620155984.png (794KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1478620155984.png
794KB, 1366x768px
>"MUH PU"
Contrarianfags BTFO.
>>
>>29795848
Vikavolt outspeeds base 100s after 1 agility

UU at least
>>
>>29796066
Is this a meme? Rating Kommo-o higher than Tapu Fini?

Anon, one of those two is going to be OU, and I'll give you a hint, it's not Kommo-o. You're Salamence light in a game where Mence is already UU. Fini on the other hand is a Keld counter that's immune to Scald burns, has incredible bulk, defog, taunt, haze, and can still Scald burn fliers.

Bulu will also be OU for having the best terrain for team synergy and having access to double Lefties.

The tapus are the new genies of balanced metagame. Kommo-o, on the other hand, is a shitmon.
>>
>>29794928

>vp being in charge of predicting competitive viability
>>
>>29796152

Vikavolt is just a shittier Thundurus-T, who's BL right now and might drop even further in Gen 7, if that happens, Vikavolt will probably end up in BL2, or worse. Really disappointed. All I wanted was reasonable speed and 90ish attacking stats to spam Voltturn with but nope.
>>
>>29796164
Grass is still a shitty type and it's slow as balls. It will be markedly worse than the other tapus.
>>
If Trick Room and the terrains gain a important place in the meta game, priority and speed may be less important than before, and the pokemons are for doubles, not singles
>>
>>29796164
Only 3 of them. Tapu Koko has an unfortunate anti-synergy between its movepool and stats, and I doubt U-Turn will be enough to carry it since it has the least useful terrain.
>>
>UBs of Healthy Meta
>Tapus of Healthy Terrain
We did it, bros! Competitive is saved!
>>
>>29796184
Damn, I always forget how stupid the power creep has become

I still think in terms of gen 4 when the only really stupid mon was Garchomp
>>
>>29796200
Yeah if U-Turn can't carry Koko it'll be the Torn-I of the group, just notably worse than the rest.

U-Turn + Roost on good typing and great speed might be enough though. We'll see.
>>
>>29796225
Terrain will make up for the lack of SpA.
>>
There's allot of shit but it's not all shit. Bug type got some nice buffs and ice.

Also some of these shitmon are gonna be very strong in VGC, like Oranguru is shit for Smogon rules but it's a legit beast in doubles.
>>
>>29796164
Honestly, I'm starting to think less and less of Fini. It has absolutely no recovery and it doesn't hit particularly hard. It gets Defog but it'll get constantly worn down by the rocks it has to switch into.
>>
>>29796001

Bewear

>120 health
>80 defense
>Fluffy
>learns Bulk Up

is this thing just never gonna die to physical?
>>
>>29796142
I knew there was a reason why I said it will be this gen's Klefki.
>>
>>29796209
>Genies of Healthy Meta unchanged aside from TWave
>Ferropex to succeed Skarmbliss
>Excadrill and Gigalith are butt buddies now
What a time to be alive!
>>
File: wait shit.gif (893KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
wait shit.gif
893KB, 384x216px
>>29796293
>>Ferropex to succeed Skarmbliss
>>Excadrill and Gigalith are butt buddies now
thank you jesus
>>
>>29796291
Because you're an ignorant scrub?
>>
>>29796267
It grants its team, which is huge. It'll be useful as a Keldeo counter as well.

Honestly all the Tapus will at least be useful with Terrain Extender even if they don't have much longevity
>>
>>29796319
grants its team immunity to status*
>>
>>29796319
It grants the other team status immunity too though. And that'll help against status heavy teams, but means you can't cripple anything that threatens your team, all you can do is KO it.
>>
>>29796209
I'd take Tapus and UBs over those pieces of shit Genies. They literally have the shitties designs of the whole series and what made me hate gen 5.
>>
File: sperg hitler.jpg (142KB, 1916x1076px) Image search: [Google]
sperg hitler.jpg
142KB, 1916x1076px
So what's gonna be the Healthy Meta team of 2017 VGC?
>>
>>29796319
being a keldeo counter doesn't do a lot for jellicent
>>
>>29796164
>>29796103
>Salamence/Dnite but worse!
>salamence and dnite don't have a secondary STAB at all
lol retards

There's a reason megamence is so busted, its because it got a secondary STAB
>>
>>29796278
Fluffy only stops contact, so shit like earthquake can still hit it hard

and Long Reach Brave Bird from Decidueye
>>
>>29796338
That's probably fine if you're just using it as a defogger for like a Balance team.

It's REALLY help if Fini could even do a RestTalk set if you wanted to extend its lifespan, but Misty Terrain blocks it.Being limited to Aqua Ring will absolutely suck- but it's probably for the best. It might've just been straight up broken with Recover.
>>
>>29796370
>decidueye
lel
>>
>>29796367
It got a 200BP move with no downsides. Like I already said Kommo has no good moves to make use of its secondary STAB.
>>
>>29796001
>Golisopod
>RU
nah BL2 at the very worst case scenario, a stab extreme speed from 120 attack will wreck RU even if its bug type

also the main conflict is if its ability let's you choose instead of being random like a roar, if it does it actually can be amazing, can any anon that has played the game knows the nature of its ability?
>>
>>29796370
I find pretty cool how the new stuff has counters withing other new stuff.
>>
>>29796001
>tsareena NU/RU

You're going to have to walk me through this logic, because it's got a pretty damn good physical movepool with Play rough/HJK/Trop Kick/U-turn and it's got enough bulk to survive a hit or two, and Queenly majesty is really good. Smells UU to me.
>>
>>29796367
That.... and the fact it has one of the best offensive abilities in the game, highish speed, almost impossible to kill level of bulk, a very high attack stat, combined with base form intimidate.

But no, it was clearly just the fact that MMence has Dual STABs. It has nothing to do with the fact that it's a 700 BST monstrosity that OHKOs almost the entire game at +1 and is nearly impossible to kill without strong 4x STAB.
>>
>>29796413
Mono grass is shit, especially with no utility moves. Trop Kick is weak, the others aren't STAB. It's slow.

I see no reason to use it.
>>
>>29796370
it still has 120/80 physical bulk without fluffy. Dank HP.

>>29796395
Works pretty well for ambipom :^)

>>29796389
Sky uppercut is fine. Think of it as nonSTAB close combat with no downsides. Superpower eventually also, but that's beside the point.

>>29796413
Slow/Frail
>>
>>29796353
Jellicent also doesn't have one of the best defensive typings in the game
>>
>>29796413
>Queenly majesty is really good.
it would be if you didn't get outspeeded normally
>>
>>29796448
uh actually it kinda does, water/ghost is pretty good.
>>
File: dfg1.jpg (30KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dfg1.jpg
30KB, 600x600px
>>29796438
>claims viability because of secondary STAB
>"think of it as nonSTAB"
>>
>>29796426
It gets Rapid Spin, Aromatherapy and Synthesis. That's okay utility. Still think it's gonna be RU at best though.
>>
>>29796454
Not nearly as good as Water/Fairy
>>
>>29796438
>for ambipom
Oh yeah I forgot about 120 base attack, built like a tank, good defensive typing, dual priority STAB ambipon :^)
>>
>>29796353
>>29796448
>>29796450

Jellicent's problem is that its stats are pretty terrible and it doesn't provide much utility outside of being a Water + bulky scizor counter. The metagame has to be extremely Rain based (or just have like 10-15 offensive Water types in general, I guess) for it to make up for those shortcomings. Fini doesn't get Recovery, but it does get Defog and Haze, meaning it's not a liability when Keldeo isn't on the enemy team. It's got good typing, great stats, a good movepool outside of its recovery issue, and is overall very consistent.
>>
File: 1469141618975.gif (935KB, 200x154px) Image search: [Google]
1469141618975.gif
935KB, 200x154px
>>29796370
>Decidueye
>>
>>29795592
if cosmog/cosmoem is the last/only pokemon in your team, and the opposing mon uses taunt, what happens? do you just have to reset to the last save point or will it use Struggle?
>>
>>29796763
Obviously it uses Struggle, just like Magikarp

it's not like they can't use moves
>>
>>29796454
>knock off
>volt switch

i'm sorry what?
>>
>>29796794
it's right there you double nigger
>>
>>29794928
Itt: a faggot that hasn't heard about trick room
>>
>>29796072
Pyuku gonna be bellyzard Gen 2 good
>>
I'm a VGCfag and I'm a utterly baffled and disappointed and unsatisfied by the Gen 7 Pokemon in general. Will a few of them be usable? For certain, but trust me, 80% of the things you'll see getting used hard will be old stuff.

Hope you faggots like the Tapus because they borderline are the only good Pokemon Gen 7 has, excluding the UB of course. Time for healthy terrain motherfuckers.
>>
>>29796293
T-tar and hippowdon are still better sand setters than gigalith. It's more like gigalith and stoutland are butt buddies.
>>
>>29794928
megas powercreeped competitive too hard. anything that isn't minmaxed or legendary just can't compete with these monsters
>>
>>29797507
Megas or not your average Alola shitmon can't compete with actually good mega-less Pokemon either.
>>
>>29795580
The best format, yes
>>
File: welcome to 4chan__.jpg (39KB, 400x342px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to 4chan__.jpg
39KB, 400x342px
>>29797740
>>
Guys, you can apparently get most of the national dex Pokemon very rarely using the QR Island Scan feature, an anon yesterday got a Chikorita.
But you can only use it a few times a day, and you have 1 hour to catch that one Pokemon anywhere on the island you scanned.

You know what this means? Almost every Pokemon is already technically "legal" even before the Bank update, but players only have a few chances of getting them, making supply extremely limited. Guess what this also means, hackers won't give a fuck, to them if it's "technically possible" then it's ok to use, so Battle Spot will be filled with all kinds of national dex mons anyway.

Your literal only hope is VGC2017 for any balance at all, at least until Smogon stabilizes their format for gen 7 (and spoilers:it will be Tapus of Healthy Terrain: the meta)
>>
>>29797808
PokeHex already works all the things you are mentioning are pretty much irrelevant.

I hope you aren't implying VGC17 won't also be Tapus of Healthy Terrain: the meta, if anything, it the most Healthy Terrain of all the metas because the Tapus won't have as much competition there.

Besides, start of the gen clusterfuck meta is the best meta.
>>
>>29797843
Oh, my bad. I misread your post friend.
>>
>>29797808
Smogon still allows SR in singles, there's no way they'll ever have anything remotely resembling "balance"
>>
>>29797859
>Still butthurt about SR
What's this? Gen 4?
>>
>>29797849
What part?

And yeah, PKHex legal checks are based on if a Pokemon is possible to get at all no matter how unlikely, but the QR Island scan feature is only available a few times a day so it'll take a long time to get Pokemon you want this way when the pool is so large. But to PKHex legality, this doesn't matter, hackers don't give a fuck, hence playing on cart is going to suck for a while.
>>
>>29795848
Lycanroc-moon's design is shit but no guard stone edge might make it alright in the low tiers?
>>
>>29797859
Literally the only problem with SR is how fucked up Defog coverage is, nothing gets it and half the shit that gets it needs to be transferred all the way from gen 4 (not a problem for Smogon, but even then the coverage is shit)
>>
>>29797877
The one about VGC17. I thought you were saying it would Smogon Singles would be one becoming Healthy Terrain and not VGC.
>>
>>29794928
>the games may be good
Lol wtf makes you think the game will be good? Are you a slow learner?
>>
>>29797890
I meant VGC, but I think both formats will.

Smogon didn't ban weather wars in gen 5, didn't ban the healthy meta genies, I don't see them doing anything to Tapus.
>>
Are you ready for the meta that is literally Tapu vs UB? Because that's going to be so true.

>wah, that UB is in every list!
>when are they going to nerf that Tapu!
>>
>>29797920
Most of the UBs will be either banned or UU. The only ones that will be OU are Celesteele, Nihilego, and Buzzwole.
>>
>>29796438
Sky Uppercut's downside is 90% accuracy.
>>
>>29797906
>didn't ban the healthy meta genies
Genies have been banned plenty of times in both gen 5 and 6 though.

>>29797920
Let whiny babies whine. It's nothing new.

I can't wait for VGC19 where they will allow both big legends and Ultra Beasts. The bitching is gonna be out of this world.
>>
>>29795945
But they nerfed Eviolite, didn't they? 20 percent instead of 50. It's shit.
>>
Pallosand is perfect. Let's not forget him!

>>29798191
Wait seriously? What the fuck?
>>
Which gen7 mon can learn trick room?
>>
>>29798191
Stop spreading this meme. Eviolite is the same
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 2001x1125px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 2001x1125px
>>29795848
>Mudsdale
>"literally a worse hippowdon"
lol wut
>>
>>29795881
You're an awful creature that would prefer stagnation instead of exploring infinite possibilities and creation
>>
>>29795123
That's not a what-if, that's a given. Pokemon confirmed this already that in VGC 2017 you are only allowed to use Pokemon from the Alola Dex. UBs are also not part of that, so no chance to use them either. It's going to be hella balanced and Decidueye will be one of the fairly fast mons apart from a few super fast ones.
>>
>>29798567
UBs and legendaries will probably not be a part of VGC due to their high stats. Megas also won't be included. The Tapus probably will be, as their stats are fairly balanced.
>>
>>29798485
Elaborate. Stamina is a really cool ability, but so is Sand Stream. Stat-wise, it's a bit stronger but more frail. And Mudsdale's movepool is really bad compared to Hippowdon's.
>>
>>29794928
What program or site is this?
>>
>>29796142
Can someone tell me the name of this app?
>>
B2/W2 were the last great pokemon games so whatever.
>>
>>29798705
Mudsdale seems like it can easily ko almost every fairy withheavy slam.
>>
>>29796142
wait wait wait, this thing gets wood hammer?!

neat.
>>
>>29796142
Why the fuck does it get Wood Hammer?
>>
>>29802093
It's tail is made of wood. It says so in the pokedex I believe. Or it could be on the Pokemon website.
>>
>alola golem
>rock/electric type
>galvate
>explosion
>choice scarf
>max attack/speed
>ALLAHU AKBAR
>partner with teammate-related ability
There's no way we won't see this in VGC 2017 at least once.
>>
>game drops to like 15 fps with 3 pokemon on screen
>5 fps with 4 pokemon and rain
>it's not just fps drops, the game locks down after move inputs for 2 to 5 seconds when its fps starts to tank
>if you go to attack a paralyzed pokemon while the electricity animation is playing over their body, the animation has to finish before your attack actually goes off
>when there's four trainers, they actually stand still for two seconds before the ball throwing animation plays

I'm baffled as to how this was released in this state.

Are they just killing VGC entirely? Because doubles are nearly unplayable due to performance issues.
>>
Has anyone made a comparison chart of the average speed stat of previous gens vs the ones of gen 7?
>>
>>29803073
Gamefreak has been trying to kill competitive Pokemon for a long time now. They haven't even tried to pretend that they weren't since primals were released.
>>
>>29798485
>35 speed
>>
File: 1477263156961.png (96KB, 472x670px) Image search: [Google]
1477263156961.png
96KB, 472x670px
>>29803073
>not having a performance enhanced n3DS
>>
>faggot giving smogon rank rating in the new mons thinking he has any fucking idea how they will work on teams

Jesus christ just stop you autismo. Most of it all will be btfo and rank higher or lower
>>
>>29795383
>arceus lite with an arceus lite movepool isn't going to be good
>>
>>29803283
Sure let me add n3DS meme arrows
>explodes in your fucking hands due to overheating
>>
>>29794928
They need to promote VGC and if you noticed most of the new Pokemon are made to be used in doubles
>>
>>29794928
>he doesn't realize what a threat double A-Raticate is in doubles
Your Raticates Super Fang each other, Gluttony activates their Liechi Berry, then start firing off +1 Super Fangs at your opponent.
It's going to dominate next year's VGC just you wait!
>>
>>29803368
>no Extremespeed
>no Earthquake
>no good recovery move
>no Wisp
>no Stone Edge
>no Calm Mind

This thing is pretty much Zero Calorie Arceus.
>>
>>29803470
>+1 Super Fang
>deals 75% damage

why not
>>
File: 1478323671169.png (137KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1478323671169.png
137KB, 600x338px
>>29794928
>fuck over an entire generation of mons just to hold back the powercreep
>create a powercreep anyway with ultra beasts

sasuga gamefreak
>>
>>29796001
You do realize Minior gets shell smash, acrobatics and earthquake, right?
>>
>>29803626
Shell Smash doesn't mean that much because a ton of shitmons get that move.
>>
File: WKH1.gif (2MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
WKH1.gif
2MB, 540x304px
>>29803254
>mrw the horse pokemon is slow as shit
>>
>>29797740
>I like sucking smogons dick all day!
>>
>>29803697
Because racing horses are not the only horses
>>
>>29803741
All horses go pretty fast in comparison to other animals and especially for animals of their size.

Normal canter can be around 22 kmph, gallop can be twice that.
>>
>>29803649
I wouldn't call Minior a shitmon. It starts out at 60/100/100 defenses, and gets 100/100/120 offenses after shields down, along with an amazing physical movepool.
It might just become the best Shell Smasher, a shame it misses out on Priority.
>>
>>29803626
It also has worse defenses than Aerodactyl, compounded by shell smash.

>but muh shields down
Yeah Zen Mode Darmanitan is a real killer.
>>
File: Belgian blacked.jpg (1MB, 1152x1065px) Image search: [Google]
Belgian blacked.jpg
1MB, 1152x1065px
>>29803863
Sometimes power is needed
>>
>>29803869
It just seems like a total gimmick. It relies on Shell Smash to do anything aside from set up rocks. And its defenses aren't too good so it just might get OHKO'd clean.
>>
>>29803871
Except shields down is the exact opposite of zen mode. refer to >>29803869
>>
>>29803871
>what is white herb
>>
You people glorify Shell Smash way too hard.
>>
>>29803869
Those defenses will still get it wrecked with no investment.

Shell Smash only makes one Pokemon good, and it's because skill link icicle spear is fucking insane. Plus it gets priority. And it STILL isn't OU.
>>
>>29802971
>normal z move instead of choice band so free 500 BP plus move
>>
File: image.png (28KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
28KB, 256x256px
Guzzlord is my favorite ultra beast. However I need to rip this off like a bandage. How competitive is this mon, and can it be broken?
>>
>>29795283
It's not competitive fags crying, it's retards pretending to be ones.
30% of the dex is viable, which is an average percentage. Also never scream anything about a pokémon before the meta solidifies because you never know.

Also this place is the same place who said megas like Mence and Slowbro were shit.
>>
>>29804261
Has potential to be a "what if wailord was good?"
>>
>>29795086
Tsareena actually has decent stats and enough coverage to work with; aside from speed. It MIGHT be viable in UU with a scarf set.
>>
>>29794928
What about Pheromosa? I heard it was a Deoxys clone with speed and attack, but with a built in stat boosting ability.
>>
>>29804261
It's shit. Massive HP but paper defenses, weak offense, 4x weak to fairy.
>>
One interesting thought is we might see an increase in teams built around trapping strategies.

Pairing either Deciueye or Dhelmise with a magnet pull or arena trap mon could form a powerful core for a team. I imagine Decidueye will be better for more offensive teams and Dhelmise for more defensive ones.

Also Dhelmise is a trapper, spinner, spin blocker, and essentially has 3 STABS. His move pool is pretty shitty but still I think he has potential for teams that wanna get hazards down and keep them down.
>>
>>29805090
Decidueye also gets Baton Pass, so unless they changed how it works, it can pass the shackle to a mon that can setup on whatever is trapped.
Dhelmise would honestly just be so much better if it were Ghost/Steel. Stealth Rock resist, all those other resistances, along with an actual ability would be insane.
>>
>>29805321
Dhelmise still is not shit by any means. His stats are strong for what he wants to do.

It'll take time I think to see which of them is better. I'd say Dhelmise has better stats for a trapper and being a spinner/spin blocker is pretty cool and as a ghost himself other ghosts would not want to spin block him since he can hit them pretty hard.

Decidueye on the other hand has better moves but I he might be let down by his stats. If they were going to leave him slow I honestly think it would have been better to let him be really slow and give him more bulk but instead his speed and bulk are kinda average and that may ruin him. Move pool is great though.
>>
>>29795613
Wait, it gets Draco Meteor? Mew can't even get that! Hell, I don't think Arceus itself can!
>>
ITT: /vp/ thinks it can into competitive
>>
>>29796047
it's good against alolans' "speed"
>>
>>29801185
On one of my Normal teams, I ran Snorlax with Heavy slam as my Anti-Fairy mon. It fucks them up pretty good, so I imagine Mudsdale will suit that role well too, though it has a lot of special attacker weaknesses (that grass knot doe)

>>29803554
Saved.
>>
>>29795086
Hello earthquake.
>>
>>29803871
No this is more like the difference between stances of Aegislash. Shields Down also protects you from status as well. And with shields down mini or will be the fastest shell smash Pokemon so it can wreak some havoc. Also Aerodactyl gets no boosting move outside hone claws and has paper thin defense compared to shield Up Minior
Thread posts: 190
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.