[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im playing Pokemon Red right now this is my second Pokemon game,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

im playing Pokemon Red right now

this is my second Pokemon game, first being X/Y

am i correct in thinking Red is actually pretty difficult?

currently at mt. moon
>>
>>29785213
If by tough you mean no hand holding and no EXP share that gives you a stupid amount of exp for 0 extra work then yes.
>>
It's about at the same level as other Pokemon games, which is a bit harder than XY without the Exp Share. A lot of it difficulty is both created and limited by its hardware however
>>
>>29785213
All Pokemon games are fairly easy, it's just that XY and ORAS were batshit easy compared to the rest.
>>
>can literally just beat it with your finisher
>difficult
>>
>>29785213
Most of the difficulty is at the beginning of the game (like most Pokemon games).

Late game, the only difficulty comes from the level discrepancy between you and the NPCs. The movesets for the E4 and champion are actually pretty lame compared to the other gens.
>>
>>29785312
Exactly. You should be able to beat the elite four when your pokemon are around lv 40 or so.
>>
Every single Pokémon game can be beaten with a team of Rattatas.
>>
>>29785213
These games were best in the late 90s/early 2000s when there was no wifi, 3D on a handheld was a dream, the story had mid-teenage boy undertones (friendship, but forged in battle and science run amok with actual monsters as opposed to YOU ARE THE CHOSEN HERO SAVE THE WORLD LOOK AT THE CUTE THING!)
They were best when we did not know better, when school was a joke and we could devote an evening to grinding up for the ultimate battle, because we were kids and didn't have to worry about girls or money or anything.
Pokemon can never be that good again. It will never be that good again.
It's not hard. It's mindless. It's pointless.Maybe you'll get joy out of building a collection of the little bastards, maybe you can forgive the solo story, maybe you find enjoyment in the RNG turn based combat with others, and perhaps you even spin it into a fun hobby with actual friends.
But it'll never have the same magic it did when you were 10 and didn't know any better. Of course, nothing can.
Every time I come to /vp/ I leave sad.
>>
File: wooah.png (197KB, 510x501px) Image search: [Google]
wooah.png
197KB, 510x501px
>>29786017
>Every time I come to /vp/ I leave sad.
Then never leave, problem aolved
>>
>>29785213
red has a lot of bs in it that makes it hard to get through. imo the most aggravating is that crits are determined by speed. so don't bother boosting your defenses. sabrina swept my whole team including my max amnesia snorlax because of crits. if i felt like it id find you the image but it should be oretty easy to see all that's wrong with rby.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.