[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So which pokemon are Smogon going to immediately ban for being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 8

So which pokemon are Smogon going to immediately ban for being too tough on stall?
I'm thinking:
Decidueye- Has a move that can prevent switching. Not fair. Banned.
Kommo-o- Too much of a stall breaker. Banned.
Incinceroar- Banned because Darkest Lariat. Can't ignore stat changes. Too hard on stall.

Anybody else immediately going to the ban list?
>>
File: 1465725072852.jpg (82KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1465725072852.jpg
82KB, 400x388px
>caring about smegmog
>>
kommo-o is shit
>>
>>29784048
/thread
>>
Goddammit Verlisify go the fuck away. Go back to putting Fury Cutter on your Venusaur and calling it OP
>>
>>29784032
>Decidueye- Has a move that can prevent switching.

The last time smogon banned trapping, it was because it made smogon too strong.
>>
>i don't know shit about competitive: the post
>>
File: 20160126222627.png (91KB, 644x351px) Image search: [Google]
20160126222627.png
91KB, 644x351px
>>29784032
> Le smogon is trash, memememe rekt xDDDDD

How do you like to play against the same fucking team over and over in VGC?
>>
>>29784032
Did stall even gain anything from Sun and Moon? Seems like it stands to lose a lot

>Unaware repurposed as an offensive ability
>Eviolite nerfed from one stage boost to 1.2x
>Several extremely powerful Pokemon introduced, but with flaws extreme enough they won't see Ubers
>Several new weather carriers
>Z-attacks in general
>Thunder Wave/Paralysis nerfed
>>
>>29784032
Smogon will go full hyper offense, because there is no counter to "time to boost" anymore, therefore it's okay.
RIP Unaware
RIP Talonflame
>>
>>29784199
>Thunder Wave/Paralysis nerfed
Stall is Toxic general, it doesn't use paralysis.
>>
>>29784032
>Decidueye- Has a move that can prevent switching. Not fair. Banned.
I guess we should ban Pokemon with Mean Look too.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>29784185
Lower level smogon players always carry either a Talonflame or a Charizard Y, while I'm here with my Volcaronas, Weaviles, or Malamars.
>>
>>29784199
The sea urchant thingy will the the fucking cancer and Pyukumuku will be great against wallbreakers
>>
>>29784032
They are probably going to ban Z stones in its entirety, because "unfair" or "op".
Smogon is shit.
>>
>>29784032
>Incinceroar- Banned because Darkest Lariat. Can't ignore stat changes. Too hard on stall.
This. I'm glad that Chip Away also got immediately banned since it had the same problem.
>>
>>29784199
The Eviolite change was fake.
>>
>>29784372
Ok, thanks

>>29784293
Toxapex looks pretty fantastic
>>
You have no idea what you're talking about, OP.
>>
>>29784032
Who cares? I'll stick to their VGC section.
>>
I know this is a bait thread, but serious post:
>initial Ubers banlist: all box legendaries minus Kyurem-Black, plus Deoxys-N/A, Skymin, M-Gengar, M-Kangaskhan and M-Salamence
>highly likely quickbans: Blaziken, M-Lucario
>likely quick suspect tests: Deoxys-D/S, Genesect, Darkrai, Greninja, Xurkitree
>possible further suspect tests: Aegislash, M-Mawile, Kantana, Pheromosa, Magearna
>quickbanned upon midgen release: Marshadow
>>
Will Type:Null be good with Eviolite?
>>
>>29784570
M-Kanga's been nerfed, remember. I believe they'll allow it in OU initially as a test period to see if it's balanced; but if it isn't, they'll quickban it.

Everything else on that list seems right, though.
>>
>>29784570
I don't see M-Kangaskhan being quickbanned to ubers after it was nerfed. Gengar might be debatable.
Magearna and marshadow are shit and M-Mawile got sucker punch nerfed.
>>
>>29784628
it might, but like all alolan mons it's real slow. people might just use it's evolution for shittier arceus.

Also I don't remember if type:null's ability lets it change type based on item, but if it does then it'll be viable along with some other different typed sets.
>>
>>29784707
>Magearna and marshadow are shit

Good joke
>>
>>29784710
Type:Null gets Battle Armor.
>>
Type:Null ability avoids critical hits, so it will play a role of a staller if used with eviolite, most likely.
>>
>>29784676
Standard attacks don't deal as much damage as before, but it's still going to have a perfectly usable defensive Seismic Toss + RestTalk set. They'd be legitimately stupid to even bother testing this monster.
>>
>>29784734
eviolite will probably be best then, even if that eviolite rumor turns out to be true
>>
>>29784628
Silvally for bargain Arceus, Type:Null for BALK with huge movepool.
It's great how both might be viable.
>>
When will Showdown add Gen 7 mons? Just askin
>>
>>29784202
>Taunt
W o W
>>
>>29784032
>for being too tough on stall
you are probably one of those faggots who complain stealth rock isn't banned
>>
I'm ready to watch them ban Psychic Terrain for being "too centralizing."
>>
>>29784707
>Gengar might be debatable.
Doubt it. They fucking detest Shadow Tag.
>>
>>29784032
Alolan Golem. Can basically instant kill 2 members of a team. And having to use a ground type to counter it would be "too centralizing"
>>
>>29784032
the real question is how do you counter boosting pokemon other than predicting now? without unaware you use boosts on certian pokemon and you're really hard to deal with
>>
>>29784032
I just hope they don't ban Drizzle and Drought from UU and below again.
>>
I feels that this gen will be good for smogon.

I don't really feel that there are op pokemons, but new possibilities. Maybe>>29784842
but then, thats a one trick pony.

The way to go now is to know when to boost and predict right, and i'm all for it.
>>
>>29784032
Are you fucking retard or just meming or both? I think Decidueye is gonna be better than what most people think, but it's not Ubers worthy in the slightest.
Same goes with Incineroar and Kommo-o, and you didn't even give a reason why Kommo-o would be "too much for stall".
>>
>>29784861
yeah, that'd be real shitty, especially with all the new eather setters.

>>29784867
if you're worried about golems power then reminder that mega glalie has the same base attack and a better typing to abuse for the boost, as well as explosion like golem does.

Yeah golem can hold an item unlike mega glalie, but hes real slow too even by alolan mon standards
>>
>>29784918
its just VGCucks being retarded as usual
>>
>>29784934
*weather
>>
>>29784934
>>29784842

I really really like the mushilm theme that goes with a suicide pokemon, so i'm gonna pick him
>>
>>29784032
kommo-o might be good, starters will be shit lmao.
if youre going to talk shit on smogon at least try to sound like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>29784221
>I've never played against a stall team in 2016
T-wave is standard on both clefable and Chansey. M sableye runs wow, Amoongus spore. Alomomola and quagsire are probably the only two stall mons to generally run toxic nowadays and they'd rather get a burn with scald most of the time. I guess there's gliscor, but that thing hasn't been popular for a bit now.
>>
>>29784800
I'm ready to watch evedybody on this board going "LE HEALTHY PSYCHIC TERRAIN META" when they don't.

See, it's easy playing this game.
>>
>>29785076
Clef and Chansey run TWave on Balance. Stall Chansey uses Toxic instead while stall Clef was usually an Unaware (rip) Wishpasser.
>>
>>29784850
Priority (psychic terrain isn't up 100% of the time and is predictable), predictions, taunt on fat mons, Scarfs, pranksters encore/trick, ...

You got what you wanted, priority and stall are weaker, now, it's time to stick your fingers out of your ass and make your teambuilding muscles work.
>>
>>29784934
You can play golem and a mega in the same team, you can't do that with M-glalie.
>>
>>29784783
But the beasts have moxie like boosting abilities and taunt was used much less this generation because of priority and bounce.
The meta will become more offensive screencap this.
>>
File: 1434591736473.jpg (22KB, 609x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434591736473.jpg
22KB, 609x480px
>smogon
>having any relevance in the doubles era
>>
>>29785188
my point was that mega glalie isn't OP, even if you can have another mega it doesn't mean golem is OP, it's at most okay. Then again we can only tell as time goes on.
>>
>>29785204
2700 active battles on Showdown right now, so yeah, they're pretty relevant, just not official.
>>
>>29784842
>>29785188
>base 45 speed
>no more Sturdy to take a hit from full
>dies to most special hits
Mediocre gimmick. RU at best.
>>
>>29785138
Clef runs it on both. Wish/Protect/MB/TWave is the set I usually see. Chansey on balance isn't too common, but there's no reason not to use TWave, especially then. Chansey is generally seen as a liability on anything but stall due to being such huge setup fodder. TWave is the only way Chansey can punish mons trying to set up on it. Hell, I've seen balance teams where Chansey is supposed to let torn knock off its eviolite just so it can cripple its speed in return.
>>
ITS A BAIT UR FAGS
>>
Unaware nerf is still not confirmed
>>
>>29785359

we're having a good therad, disregarding the OP, but thanks for noticing this is a Bait thread.
>>
>>29784707
You don't know what are you talking about
>>
>>29784199
>>29784372
Damn I was scared for a second. Don't do this to my poor heart.
>>
Anyway, who else is excited about playing Smogon's lower tiers early stage?
I remember vividly getting pretty high on the ladder playing with DD M-altaria in PU and mega bunny in UU.

What mon do you expect to be grossly undertiered day one?
>>
>>29785204
If Game Freak wants the doubles era to come to anyone not playing official tournaments, they really need to have it pop up more frequently in the game.

A big part of why Smogon is as widespread as it is is because Singles is the only format most people are used to.
>>
>>29784707
If I remember correctly, subpunch Mawile was the set that pushed it to ubers.
>>
>>29785831
I thought it was the 50/50 with Focus Punch and Sucker Punch
>>
>>29785831
Every Mawile set had Sucker Punch in addition to Play Rough as the main STAB. It was the mindgames between SD with Knock Off/Iron Head/Fire Fang and Substitute with Focus Punch. Sucker Punch nerf could actually make it balanced regardless of the set it runs as it will be harder to pick those KOs against offensive mons.
>>
>>29784861
Politoed will probably be UU and Torkoal will probably be RU
>>
>>29784861
There's no fucking way. Weather teams below OU are mad broken when almost all abusers are otherwise niche sub-UU mons and have no solid defensive stops like Ferrothorn.
>>
>>29784032
Stall died with unaware

and you're shit at the game if you think Stall ever used defense boosts
>>
>>29786225
>what is SpD Talonflame
>what is M-Slowbro
>what is CM Blissey
>what is CurseLax
It does, but only on a dedicated wincon you boost up once its counters are removed.
>>
>>29784032

I know your post is a joke, but Pheromosa will most likely be quick banned due to it being a better Deoxys-N.
>>
>>29785489
Beartic is now a threat with BL2 potential, Gigalith got Sand Stream which speaks for itself.
>>
>>29784842
This, I'm glad they quickbanned Mega Glalie too.
>>
File: bullshit.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
> Incinceroar- Banned because Darkest Lariat. Can't ignore stat changes. Too hard on stall

Yeah cause unaware hasnt been around for ages.
>>
>>29784185
Why do you imply people are playing VGC? can't just people use whatever pokemon they like and ... battle?
>>
>>29787008
Those people are called Karenfags and their opinions are generally disregarded.
>>
>>29785508
>Emerald introduced double battles and tag battles en masse.
>With every new generation they become rarer.
>Official format is doubles
It's like some secret club
>>
>>29785228
2700 player out of 10 millions.
Lmao.
>>
Whos ready for some FACTS

>>29784032
Kommo-o won't see play above UU and those 2 starters will be RU max.

>>29784293
Pyukumuku can't do shit because it learns no attacking moves.

>>29784570
Banlist will be entirely dumped except for 670+ BST minus Kyurem-B, Deo-A, and Hoopa-U. M-Kanga will survive to at least the later suspect stages.

>>29784842
Alolan Golem will have some lower tier Niche but its not an OU mon. It doesn't guarantee 1 kill let alone 2.

>>29785194
This is correct- until the first round of bans is finished anyways.

>>29785489
Lower tiers take a while to form, don't hold your breath on getting to play these soon.

As a bonus, reminder that Unaware is untested and could be poor wording and not a mechanics change. Don't count it out until it's confirmed through in-game test.
>>
>>29786469
It may actually dodge the quickbanhammer. While Deo-N was literally uncounterable with Fighting/Psychic/Dark coverage + Ice Beam and Extreme Speed priority to boot, Pheromosa is legitimately countered by Ghost and Poison types that resist Ice Beam (Aegislash, Jellicent and Toxapex are the bulkiest ones) or at least have enough special bulk to take it (none lmao). It's 90% getting the boot, but not that quickly.
>>
>>29787165
>Minus Deo-A

I'm autistic, that's not 670+. Pls ignore that confusion.
>>
What's this I keep seeing about Smogon loving stall? Aren;t they suspecting megasabeleye?
>>
>>29787234
It's just people who hate stall bitching about badwrongfun
>>
>>29787165
>Pyukumuku can't do shit because it learns no attacking moves.
Like that means anything.
Wobbuffet's been Ubers since RSE.

It's gimmicky as fuck, but Pyuku has Counter, Pain Split and Bide. It can attack if it needs to.
>>
>>29787301
Pyukumaru doesn't have Shadow Tag. Guess where Wobbuffet would be without Shadow Tag. Or Encore.
>>
>>29784570
>>possible further suspect tests: Aegislash, M-Mawile, Kantana, Pheromosa, Magearna
Nigga Pheromosa and Kantana are quick bans for sure, not fucking Xurkitree
>>
File: 1286229680171.jpg (36KB, 436x436px) Image search: [Google]
1286229680171.jpg
36KB, 436x436px
>>29784032
Is there a place yet where I can quick-search the new Alolan pokemon by ability and other things? I'm trying to get some strategies together.
>>
>>29787301
Wobb was Ubers for 2 Gens. It had Shadow Tag to prevent your opponent from switching to a Pokemon that could counter it.

Pyukumuku gets the Gen 2 Wobb treatment, no attacking moves and no way to stop your opponent from just switching to something it can't touch.
>>
>>29787440
Just did calcs for Kartana and holy shit, gotta agree with you. I thought 90/70BP STABs will keep it in check, but unboosted Leaf Blade actually 2HKOs offensive resists after SR damage. This thing can murder absolutely everything with a few set changes. Definitely a quickban.
I'm still pretty sure Xurkitree is getting an early suspect test (Electric Terrain boosts make it stupid as hell to face) and Pheromosa isn't getting banned that quickly (reliable counters and counterplay).
>>
>>29787872
As a counterpoint, it's piss easy for offensive teams to check because it can't take a hit. 107 would've been the ideal speed tier for it (too slow to treaten offensive teams AT ALL) but 109 is still slow enough to where it can't threaten many Pokemon out on offense while still being trivial to check. It's (barely) managable for stall because its not enough of a threat at +2, and it suffers due to every Pokemon on even the most defensive teams being able to 2hko it at worst.

The odds it gets banned are fairly high, but they were right the first time- it won't be a quickban. It'll take a few suspect stages.
>>
>>29784032
>anything that isn't hyper offense is stall
Kill yourself.

>>29784789
>if you don't like SR you're a stallfag
>if you don't like SR you're an anti-stallfag

This place is a fucking cesspool.
>>
>>29786974
Unaware now only applies when you're attacking.
>>
>>29784199
How did they change unaware?
>>
File: 1477687136828.jpg (39KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
1477687136828.jpg
39KB, 300x301px
>>29784279
>implying weavile isn't just as strong
> implying you don't just import the first smoking guide you see

Topu keko
>>
File: Marshadow moves.png (978KB, 1375x765px) Image search: [Google]
Marshadow moves.png
978KB, 1375x765px
>>29784707

>Perfect coverage with its STABs, leaving it two free moveslots to do whatever it wants with
>Base 125 Attack and Speed with solid bulk
>Technician

No, fuck you, once this thing is released, it'll stay OU for a week tops before it gets banned.
>>
>>29784279
>Got to high tier in Showdown with Volcarona

My nigga.
I've been having a blast on the higher tiers with my bros Volcarona and Dragalgae
>>
So what happens to clefable now? Does it just go back to being a really good special beatstick?
>>
>>29784185
Now it's either Bronzong/Hitmontop/Raichu/Primal Kyogre/Mega Rayquaza/Mega Gengar
or
Bronzong/different Fake Out user/Smeargle/Xerneas/Primal Groudon/Salamence or Thundurus
>>
>>29788622
It's just going to run Fire Blast instead of TWave on its CM sets with the latter's nerf and spookysword's return to OU.
>>
>>29788622
Magic guard will be pretty much the only set people use.
>>
>>29789033
People used Unaware on her?
>>
>>29789075
I run it occasionally as a check for Xerneas.
>>
>>29789126
Ah, makes sense. I never play Uber/VGC so I wouldn't know.
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.